Bobbie S.
Bobbie S.
Spokane, WA

Does anyone find that they get bored with such a neutral palette? I'm thinking of purchasing this but I'm just not totally wowed by the color selection
member-5def4cd70
member-5def4cd70
Dec. 7, 2016, 8:05 p.m.
I've had this palette for several years and it might look boring, but its not. YDK is perfect for a night out on the town, and so is Bootycall. Both make the eyes totally pop.
Holly D.
Holly D.
Nov. 21, 2016, 4:59 p.m.
best thing u can do is go to sephoria and try it I did that I actually thought about getting pallet for months and im very glad I did I use the pinkie colors alot
Makayleigh T.
Makayleigh T.
Nov. 16, 2016, 7:39 p.m.
You can do dramatic looks or neutral looks. It all depends how you feel that day. It can be used for day looks or night looks. It's definitely worth the price
Lauren S.
Lauren S.
Nov. 11, 2016, 9:08 p.m.
Not really because you can do so many different things. Yeah, the colors aren't very eccentric but it is supposed to be a neutral palette.
Andrea R.
Andrea R.
Aug. 20, 2016, 10:23 p.m.
This is a pretty boring palette. I have it and barely ever used it so I passed it on to someone who would get more use out of it. It just depends on you color preference.
Marissa H.
Marissa H.
July 24, 2016, 9:23 p.m.
Nope. I use this daily and it has such beautiful transition colors. Also there are a large variety of colors that you can change it up if you ever do feel like you're getting bored.
Anahi A.
Anahi A.
June 29, 2016, 10:30 a.m.
No, I use it every day. You'll find yourself using it a lot it has light colors for highlight and good transition colors.
Ashliee W.
Ashliee W.
June 27, 2016, 7:21 p.m.
I love this palette for work and more natural looks. If it os too boring of colors, I would check out the Naked 3 palette that has more pink shades or the Electric palette that has more vibrant colors.
Ally B.
Ally B.
April 12, 2014, 10:50 a.m.
This is still a great palette to have because of all the neutral colors, you can always use these as your overall look then add single shadows from other palettes or other products to add more color to your look. You should think about getting the Naked 3 palette, it has more pinks in it and neutral looks too.
Ashley W.
Ashley W.
March 13, 2014, 7:39 p.m.
I would use neutral shades daily regardless of the palette, that is why I made the plunge. I like to get high end on the things I will use the most often and colors like teals and purples which aren't in my everyday routine I am satisfied with drug store shadows.
Melody V.
Melody V.
Feb. 26, 2014, 6 a.m.
I use this almost everyday and never get bored with the colors. Then again, I'm definitely more of a neutral eye shadow kind of girl, so if you're more into bright, fun, colorful eyeshadows then there's other options that may suit you best. For a neutral eyeshadow palette I think this has a wonderful variety of shades and finishes, and you can create so many different eyeshadow looks using it, whether you want to do a neutral barely there look or a smokey dramatic look it's got all the colors you'd need really. I love the fact that it has some really nice highlight shades, transition colors, lid colors, and crease\outer v shades and when I'm doing my eyeshadow I don't have to use anything besides this palette to get a complete look.
Gina D.
Gina D.
Dec. 1, 2012, 1:24 p.m.
The Naked and Naked2 palettes are my favorite, but I absolutely live neutral shades. I almost never buy eye shadow palettes due to the bold colors that I never use....so this is perfect for me. And these colors are anything but dull....they look great on....some of my absolute favorite eye shadows by far!
Melissa M.
Melissa M.
Nov. 26, 2012, 5:31 p.m.
Easily an everyday palette. I find myself always reaching for this palette to create an everyday look.
Mazie M.
Mazie M.
Nov. 1, 2012, 9:28 p.m.
I never get bored because you can do so many things even with neutrals - a great smoky eye, a bold gold, a dramatic black - so many possibilities. Even if you had a couple of bright colored shadows to go with it, these make excellent bases and highlights.
Nicole B.
Nicole B.
Oct. 24, 2012, 4:22 p.m.
I think that the palette is actually very versatile. some of the colors may look at bit dull but others like Verve and YDK are amazing!
patty a.
patty a.
Oct. 24, 2012, 10:50 a.m.
I guess it just depends on what you are looking for. For me, I was looking for a neutral color palette and I feel that the colors are so versatile that I can pair them with bolder colors for that smoky look. I definitely do feel that this is like my everyday palette, which is usually not the case when wearing bold colors. I keep it neutral for work.
Lauren B.
Lauren B.
Oct. 22, 2012, 5:44 p.m.
I love doing looks with bold colors, but this palette is really nice. This is perfect for many day looks and you can easily turn it into a night look with a simple darker/bolder color you have at home. The colors in this neutral palette really brings out the beauty in natural beauty.
Chantal W.
Chantal W.
Oct. 17, 2012, 7:25 a.m.
I feel that way sometimes too & starts buying bright colored palettes but i like the naked palette too i like to have a natural look some days
Rebecca S.
Rebecca S.
Oct. 16, 2012, 4:50 a.m.
No. TBH, I actually had to build my own neutral palette with pro pans of MAC e/s because this palette is too flashy for a "neutral" look on me. The glitter-bombs, the high-metallic golds, and the greige shades are anything but natural on my eye. You can get some awesome disco looks or play with some gorgeous smokey-eyes. The one thing I cannot do is make these look "neutral"! To be sure, I own all the Sugarpills and the Vice palette, among other tremendously bright eye makeup, so it's not like I don't know what a good neutral should look like. ;)
Jennifer M.
Jennifer M.
Oct. 15, 2012, 4:12 p.m.
These colors are gorgeous by themselves, but they also make a great base if you want to use more colorful shadows with them. everyone should have a palette to make a great netural eye they can add on to
Cierra C.
Cierra C.
Oct. 15, 2012, 7:28 a.m.
I'd love a more colorful palette
Jaclyn D.
Jaclyn D.
Oct. 13, 2012, 10:56 p.m.
I don't ever get bored with a neutral palette when it comes to doing my makeup! Because i have brown eyes i find that using neutral colors on my eyelid brings out my eyes even more! I know that Urban Decay have all kinds of bright fun colored palettes if you need something new! So one could always have the naked 2 for work, and a different one for play! But if you don't want the naked2 palette because of the cost,there is a dupe for it which is the L.A colors tradation palette at the dollar tree, same colors as the naked and the naked2 palette. Also hard candy palette in Naturally gegoures at walmart looks and has the same colors at both of the naked palettes!
Diana V.
Diana V.
Oct. 10, 2012, 12:21 p.m.
For me is perfect very classic
Sam F.
Sam F.
Oct. 9, 2012, 4:06 p.m.
There is a lot more than meets the eye (no pun intended) with neutral palettes. They allow you to play around with a little bit of color while still remaining inside your comfort zone.
Sarah P.
Sarah P.
Oct. 8, 2012, 10:35 p.m.
I love brights and neutrals alike. If you think you would be a little bored with these colors after awhile, but still LOVE these colors, Id get the palette. You could always use the nudes and maybe do a cut crease in a bold color, or vice versa. Play it up with colored eyeliners or mascaras as well.
Danielle S.
Danielle S.
Oct. 8, 2012, 12:20 p.m.
Definitely not, but I'm a neutral-shade lover to begin with. I use this palette every day because it's work-appropriate, but you can also use the shades to create a great smoky eye for going out.
Sarah-Nicole M.
Sarah-Nicole M.
Oct. 5, 2012, 9:32 p.m.
I personally hardly ever wear colourful eye looks, so this palette is perfect for me. All the colours are beautiful, and if you swatch them, you can see they are all quite different (although they appear to be similar). There really are endless possible looks you could create with this palette!
Influenster M.
Influenster M.
Oct. 5, 2012, 12:33 p.m.
Not at all! If you are somebody who plays with bright colors a lot then you might not find that you use this a lot.. but there is so many different combinations that you can make out of this pallet that its not always a boring nuetral.
Samantha S.
Samantha S.
Oct. 5, 2012, 10:55 a.m.
No, I feel like there are so many possibilities. If I get stumped, I just google Naked2 looks and find something new.
Cheryl T.
Cheryl T.
Oct. 4, 2012, 1:03 p.m.
The darks make for a more neutral. If I ever want an actual "color" like purple or blue, I use this pallet and just rub a quick smudge of color over the middle :) This pallet is literally a must have.
Janet C.
Janet C.
Oct. 4, 2012, 10:53 a.m.
I find this palette to be used for everyday simple looks.
Christina H.
Christina H.
Oct. 4, 2012, 7:45 a.m.
No beccause you can do so many different combinations!
Sara A.
Sara A.
Oct. 3, 2012, 3:20 p.m.
I love the colors and feel they are not too natural and give a lot of color pay off!
Cassandra G.
Cassandra G.
Oct. 3, 2012, 3:04 p.m.
No way. There are so many possible combinations
Blanca C.
Blanca C.
Oct. 3, 2012, 1:58 p.m.
I could never get bored with it. But that may be because i like neutral colors on my eyes. If you like bright & bold colors, then i could understand how you would get bored with it :)
Valerie K.
Valerie K.
Oct. 3, 2012, 1:15 p.m.
I would never get bored of this palette! I use it literally every time I wear shadow. I also use it as liner sometimes as well. You can up the intensity for night. Worth the money. If you are looking for bright trendy colors, I recommend buying cheaper shadows for those. This palette you will use all the time!
Jaylene P.
Jaylene P.
Oct. 2, 2012, 11:09 a.m.
Not at all, the reason they are called the "Naked" is because the colors are suppose to bring out natural beauty. Urban Decay is known for their bright, bold and daring colors so shop Sephora for others colors if that is what you are looking for.
Laura R.
Laura R.
Oct. 1, 2012, 6:39 p.m.
I thought the same thing. i have just about ALL those colors in my vanity and yet everyone raves about this.
Gianne N.
Gianne N.
Oct. 1, 2012, 3:55 p.m.
I have both the naked 1 and naked 2. i think if you have the first one, the second one isn't really a necessity. i bought it because i love urban decay and i guess I'm sort of a collector. the colors in both palettes are beautiful, but you can do with just one
Kimberly O.
Kimberly O.
Oct. 1, 2012, 11:19 a.m.
I got bored with this palette pretty fast, I still am not sick of the first one though ;) I think it depends on what type of makeup you enjoy, if you like neutral looks then this palette will get you far, if they aren't your thing then you will get bored but this palette does work well even with "out there" makeup looks and is really great for blending and highlighting too.
Aglae G.
Aglae G.
Sept. 30, 2012, 7:15 p.m.
I have this and have not gotten bored as there is cool and warm shades you can mix the shades to create new colors and effects. I can seriously use this every day.
Angelique D.
Angelique D.
Sept. 30, 2012, 6:19 p.m.
I didn't get bored with these colors. Many of these colors can be mixed and matched with other palettes. For example, some colors can be used to highlight the brow, while others can be used in the crease of the eye.
Lisa M.
Lisa M.
Sept. 30, 2012, 6:14 p.m.
I do not get bored. I love this palette and would buy it again and again. You can do a lot with it and go from a day look to a night look with it!
Krista S.
Krista S.
Sept. 30, 2012, 9:51 a.m.
The colors in this palette can be used for a soft, daytime look or a bold smokey eye. I usually take it on vacation as my only eyes shadows because there is such a wide range of possible looks you can create,
SynergyByDesign #.
SynergyByDesign #.
Sept. 30, 2012, 12:18 a.m.
You can jazz up the neutral colors with eyeliners, glitter and layering of other colors or lightly wetting the colors to make them more metallic. Without a doubt though, UD neutral palettes are a must have... They're a great base and mix well with other palette colors with just the right amount of sparkle.
Colleen S.
Colleen S.
Sept. 29, 2012, 9:37 p.m.
In the pan these colors don't seem to amazing, but on the eye they are amazing. This is a great basic pallet to have in your makeup bag. You can make many beautiful day looks for work, and smoke it up at night. It also make a great base to then add a pop of color (with another eyeshadow or a bright eyeliner)
Pacey S.
Pacey S.
Sept. 29, 2012, 7:06 p.m.
A neutral palette is great for work and play. Its a basic necessity every girl should have in there makeup bag!
Kalei L.
Kalei L.
Sept. 29, 2012, 9:58 a.m.
If you want more of a variety, you can try Urban decay's new vice palette. But this is a great palette for all your Smoky eye looks!
Elizabeth R.
Elizabeth R.
Sept. 28, 2012, 8:21 p.m.
I find that as a working professional I don't ever get bored with a neutral palette when it comes to doing my makeup before work! Less fuss, and you don't really want "interesting" in a corporate/business setting anyway. Luckily Urban Decay makes all kinds of fun bright colored palettes too so one could always have the naked 2 for work, and a different one for play!
Bianca N.
Bianca N.
Sept. 28, 2012, 6:33 p.m.
I agree with Rocio. The Naked palette is definitely a must have to add to your beauty collection. It's always good to have a go to palette when your looking for a natural look, or even looking for a bolder look. It's also long lasting.
Rocio M.
Rocio M.
Sept. 28, 2012, 1:44 p.m.
I LOVE bold bright eye looks and both Naked palettes don'y provide that. However, as much as I say I'm far from a natural/neutral girl I find myself grabbing toward these two palettes ALL the time! The colors seem very blah when you just look at them but when you put them on the variety of looks you can create is really amazing. This palette can also easily be used to create anything from a natural day time look to a dramatic smokey eye. Remember, you can also always use another eyeshadow to add a pop of color but I totally feel that this palette is worth it as a staple go-to product. Hope this helps!

Join Now