BY URBAN DECAY #38 in Eyeshadow Palettes

There’s only one Naked. And once you go Naked, you’ll never go back. Introducing Naked Ultimate Basics—the matte eyeshadow palette you’ve been begging for. We loaded this sleek square case with 12 ALL-NEW, must-have neutrals. These are the matte shades UD junkies keep requesting time and time again. Every single one is not only new, but also exclusive to this palette—and completely different from the shades in Naked Basics and Naked2 Basics. Naked Ultimate Basics features a true range of neutral mattes, from cool to warm—all with a little edge that makes them Naked. Create contoured all-matte looks, or pair these neutrals with your favorite bold UD shades.

The shades in Naked Ultimate Basics are neutral enough for everything from cool skin tones to olive complexions to darker skin. If you’ve never tried our matte shadows, you’ll be blown away by how different they are. Other mattes can be “skippy,” uneven on application or difficult to blend. But EVERY shade in Naked Ultimate Basics features our proprietary Pigment Infusion System™, which gives the formula its velvety texture, rich color, serious staying power and blendability. Achieve the perfect application every time for a matte look that radiates.

Shades included:

Blow (light nude demi-matte), Nudie (soft pink-nude matte), Commando (light taupe-brown matte), Tempted (pale brown matte), Instinct (medium pink-taupe matte), Lethal (reddish brown matte), Pre-Game (pale yellow matte), Extra Bitter (burnt orange matte), Faith (medium warm brown matte), Lockout (rich neutral brown matte), Magnet (smoky gray matte) and Blackjack (warm black matte).

Urban Decay is 100% cruelty-free.

Blackjack Ingredients:

Talc, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Diisostearyl Malate, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Alumina, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tin Oxide, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polybutylene Terephthalate, Isobutylphenoxy Epoxy Resin, Polylactic Acid.

Blow Ingredients:

Talc, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Polyethylene, Diisostearyl Malate, Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Zinc Stearate, PTFE, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Isobutylphenoxy Epoxy Resin, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica, Polybutylene Terephthalate, Polylactic Acid, Tin Oxide.

Commando Ingredients:

Extra Bitter Ingredients:

Faith Ingredients:

Talc, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lauroyl Lysine, Polyethylene, Alumina, Synthetic Wax, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, PTFE, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Zinc Stearate, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tin Oxide, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polybutylene Terephthalate, Polylactic Acid, Isobutylphenoxy Epoxy Resin.

Instinct Ingredients:

• Is This Pallet Worth Buying?29 Answers
  • I received this for Christmas and have used it twice but ...2 Answers
  • Should I get this instead of the regular naked palette/na...6 Answers
Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics Eyeshadow Palette
  • "I love all the urban decay naked all of them being beautiful colors they are very pigmented and you can blend them very easily with other colors " in 900 reviews
  • "I'm a huge fan of all the Naked palettes, and this one is great. The colors are neutral enough to compliment any skin tone, and the pigments provide rich color with the quality and coverage I've come to expect from Urban Decay. This palette is an eye shadow staple in my make-up routine" in 471 reviews
  • "So much yes to this product! Colors are great and can create a perfect combination for any occasion, night or day. Colors are deep and vibrant and long lasting. I would highly recommend this as your go to eye shadow " in 191 reviews
Mackenzie S.
Plymouth
Love love love this palette. I think it is a must have for ANYONE. This palette is comprised of gorgeous neutral matte shadows that can literally be worn on a daily basis, regardless of the look you're going for. There is a perfect balance of light and deep shades so you can create almost any neutral type of look. As always, the colors are pigmented, extremely bendable and have the most perfect satin like texture.

The packaging is gorgeous. I love the rose gold cover and I appreciate the mirror inside of the palette and well. Overall, there is minimal fallout and the shades don't get dusty or super messy when working with them (both in the palette and on the skin).

I really do think this is a perfect stable piece for anyone's makeup collection. It is a perfect mixture of transitional/light colors and darker shades to really enhance your overall look. I highly recommend this product and will definitely repurchase (even though I have owned mine for over a year and STILL haven't made a dent in the colors). But when the time comes I most certainly will!
Amanda A.
Novinger, MO
Going to start off my review with the fact that I LOVE UD shadows, with that being said I was kinda let down with this pallet. It is usually $54 and I picked it up on sale for $27 at Sephora after I had been looking at it online for months. Online the packaging looked amazing but when I got it I realized it was plastic and cheap looking at that and packaging is a big deal for me so I would of been extremely urked had I given 54 bucks for a cheap looking plastic pallet. #2 the brush that came with it isn't all that wonderful I have gotten better ones with other UD pallets.#3 yes it is nudes/neutrals but do most the colors have to be sooo similar to each other. On a positive note the shadows are soft to touch and blend easily with little to no fall out without primer and zero fallout with primer. If you are looking for nudes this is the pallet for you but get it on sale don't spend $54 on it.
Lisa B.
Washington DC
I bought this palette for purely shallow reasons. The packaging was gorgeous and I didn't have any others at the time so I thought this was a good starter. I had also heard great things about Urban Decay palettes so I figured it'd probably be good.

Unfortunately, I wish I had bought a palette that had about 4 of these shades. (The orangy brown, deep mauve brown, a light color, and a transition shade) Some of the lighter shades don't show up and even of the shades I enjoy, they look patchy. Since this is one of my only palettes, I make it work but I'm sure there are softer, creamier palettes for less or equal $.

If you like the colors, it's not impossible to work with but just know that they are chalky, patchy, and p damn expensive if I may say so myself.
Amanda R.
I can’t wait till Christmas so I can use this naked palette! It was half off, so I got mine for $27! Really great deal and it comes with a brush and several different eyeshadow colors. This will last me probably two or three years! I don’t use make up that often, but these colors are also all natural and beautiful I may just use it more often. But either way, I know it will last me a while. Well worth the investment. I know urban decay is a great brand and very good quality. I don’t expect any problems from using this pallet! would make a great Christmas gift!!
Nicole C.
I received this as a gift, qnd had been eying it forever, but ive bought other things i wanted more. The colors in this palette are a must have. I absolutely love the fact that all the shades are matte. I use my go to blending brush. I did experience some fallout which is frustrating. I do have cheaper palettes that don't have near as much fallout. I'd recommend putting these eyeshadows on before foundation, or if you bake your face apply it then. The size of this palette is the perfect size. The brush included, I love the small end, it's perfect for applying shadows under my lower lash line.
Erica L.
Great neutral palette. When I want a natural look this is the pallet I reach for, the shadows are easy to blend and it’s a great product to travel with. I probably reach for this pallet 2 to 3 times a week I really love having it in my collection. And the beautiful packaging is always a plus!
Dana B.
Louisville, KY
I bought this when it was on sale at Ulta for almost half the price. At that price point it's a great palette to have but at its full price of $54 I think is a bit expensive. It's just like the other Naked palettes it's a lot of the same colors a lot of the same repeat I feel. Some people may really enjoy this type of palette that I like to have pops of color so this is more of my base palette and not my full look palette. It's still a good quality product and for the price I got it at I definitely will be hanging on to it but it's not one that I'm going to be hitting pan on anytime soon.
Charna H.
LOVE!! I can't even. I bought this on sale at Sephora over the holidays for twenty seven dollars and I honestly think it was an absolute steal for the price. These are so many beautiful matte shades. Easy to build and blend. So pigmented and the shades all work together like a dream. If you had to buy just one matte palette I would recommend this one without hesitation. This palette is perfect for a natural every day look and the colors can also build for a pretty night out look. These shades make your eyes pop and really grab attention. Just perfect, best purchase I've made in a long time and my go to palette.
Kei M.
Long Beach
This is a decent palette overall, but I feel like a lot of the middle shades blend into each other and it doesn't feel like you can create too many unique looks for the amount of shadows in this palette. As per UD naked shadows, they're sheerer and need to be built up. I noticed that these don't last as long on the eyes, even over a primer, as other UD palettes (Electric and Naked 1). They tend to be a bit dusty as well. I love the brush, though! I use the smudging end to apply inner corner highlights, as well as to smoke out my lashline.
Kelli Y.
Harold
When I first purchased this palette I thought it would really compliment my collection. I loved that it was all matte and I loved the shade range upon first glance. I love the mix of warm and cool tones. I find my self now only using the matte black. I have achieved some beautiful smoky looks with this palette using the grey and black shades, but I find it too much to be reaching for an entirely separate palette for these looks. I am torn on the packaging. The overall look is beautiful and I love the mirror, but I find it to be bulky.
Courtney S.
Mount Pleasant
Is This Pallet Worth Buying?
Andreia F.
12, rue Jean Origer, Luxembourg
Are this shades pigmentated? Are they longlasting?
Emily V.
Glendale, CA
I have the Naked 1, 2 and 3 with 3 being my current favorite by far. Would this be worth it for me or would it just be a repeat?
Alyssa S.
Sheboygan , WI
is this palette very pigmented, or not so much?
Rosaly N.
I love this palette of shades, but I wonder if lasting colors on the eyelids?