BY URBAN DECAY #27 in Eyeshadow Palettes

A Naked eye shadow palette with 12 exclusive, must-have, neutral-matte shades. Urban Decay introduces Naked Ultimate Basics the matte eye shadow palette loaded into a sleek, square case with matte shades that have been requested time and time again. Each shade is exclusive to this palette and completely different from the shades in Naked Basics and Naked2 Basics. This palette offers a true range of neutral mattes, from cool to warm all with a little edge. Create contoured all-matte looks, or pair these neutrals with your favorite bold hues. The shades in Naked Ultimate Basics are neutral enough for everything from cool skin tones to olive complexions to darker skin. They feature Urban Decay's proprietary Pigment Infusion System™, which gives the formula its velvety texture, rich color, serious staying power, and blendability. Achieve the perfect application every time for a matte look that radiates. This palette contains: - 12 x 0.04 oz/ 1.18 mL Eye shadow in Blow (light nude demi-matte) Nudie (soft pink-nude matte), Commando (light taupe-brown matte), Tempted (pale brown matte), Instinct (medium pink-taupe matte) Lethal (reddish brown matte), Pre-Game (pale yellow matte), Extra Bitter (burnth orange matte), Faith (medium warm brown matte), Lockout (rich neutral brown matte), Magnet (smoky gray matte), Blackjack (warm black matte) It is formulated Without: - Parabens see more...

Buy on Sephora*
Ally Z.
Ally Z.
Cresson, PA
Review for: 12 X
I was so excited for this palette to be released! First of all, it has all neutral and matte shades. Also, most of the shades are lighter - I was happy about this because I don't usually do a smoky eye and only use the darker shades for my crease. The square packaging is nice and has a great full size mirror. The only thing I don't like about that, is that I usually line up all of my Naked palettes on top of each other ( like the bottom part goes onto the mirror and so on and so forth with each one, if you get what I mean). I do like the square shape better though. It looks neat and clean & as I said, the nice size mirror!

To my disappointment - these shadows are pretty chalky. My goodness is is hard to pick up product on some of those shadows. It's like you have to DIG your brush into those shadows like you're planting flowers. Ugh. Some of them aren't as bad, but this just did not seem like normal UD to me.

The brush is fabulous, I do like that!

I would recommend the normal Naked Basics palettes if you want just mattes. This is only because some of them are so hard to pick up product on. Try the shadows on your hand at Ulta or Sephora before buying it and make your decision if you like how they pick up on the brush or not.
Review for: 12 X
I purchased this in October and I returned it about a month later . At first I loved it but I realized as much as the colors swatched beautifully. .. they just did not show up as nicely as they swatched :( They all kind of looked the same on the lid even with primer . I was highly disappointed in it. I wanted to keep it and I wanted to love it so bad but I just couldnt. I can't justify a palette that I'm not going to use bc all of the colors end up looking the same on me. It's a good palette don't get me wrong but I have olive tone skin and the colors were not doing me any justice . I think the idea behind it is amazing but this just isn't great quality . I highly recommend playing around with it for a while if you do purchase it and deciding if it is worth the money and if you will definitely be using it bc there are so many other palettes that just came out that I'd much rather be spending my money on then a palette with colors that all appear to look the same on me.
Elizabeth C.
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
Review for: 12 X
I own and have owned every eyeshadow in the Naked collection. That's the original, 2, 3, basics ultimate and two smaller basics. This is one of my absolute favorites. I absolutely hated the basics and basics II with their streaky coloring and patchy application I almost left this palette behind. Fortunately I'm a makeup addict/ collector and I just couldn't. I also knew that no matter how much I used it in 60 days if I hated it I could return it to Sephora.
When I received it after quick and free three day shipping I immediately started using it daily for a good two weeks straight before I ever touched another palette.
I'm well versed in high end, high quality makeup. I don't buy just to have a brand name to show off because well, that's not the point of high end makeup. This palette proves the point of high end makeup perfectly.
It's easily blendable with little to almost no effort. The pigmentation is absolutely to die for. Every single color is extremely pigmented.
Katie Y.
Katie Y.
Review for: 12 X
I own the Naked 1, Naked 2, and the Naked Smokey palates as well, and I just bought the Ultimate basics, and this is my absolute favorite!! First of all, ALL of the colors are MATTE, making it the perfect palate for an everyday look. As much as I love my other Naked palates, I prefer not to wear shimmery colors during the day, and I often find myself only using those other palates when doing my makeup for a night look.
These colors are super pigmented -- I gently dabbed my brush into one of the colors and found that it was almost too much (but in the best way possible)! I know that this palate will last me forever, and I would recommend this to everyone, whether you are looking to buy your first Naked palate, or even if you already have another one.
courtney L.
courtney L.
Review for: 12 X
Love this palette!! I have all the other naked palettes and absolutely love them, so I decided to get this one too. I kept seeing people saying it's not pigmented and almost the same as the others and what not. I totally disagree!! It is way way more pigmented than I had anticipated. The colors are amazing!! They go on very smoothly and you don't need a whole lot to get the look you want. And they are a lot different than colors in my other palettes in the way that they're more matte with no glitter or shimmer at all. Looking at the palette I thought it would have some shimmer but I was wrong. This will definitely be my go to for simple looks or bold or any time I need to look more professional. Definitely could be used for everything. I love it!!
Lino V.
Lino V.
Medley, FL
Review for: 12 X
At first I was a little disappointed because I thought this was the full Naked 2 palette. When it was delivered, I realized I just paid $20 more than this costs at ULTA. I didn't reel like going through the hassle of returning it just for $20 bucks, so I kept it and I'm glad I did. I love the colors and I love the Matte look. I have the Naked one palette and I alternate between the 2 because they give you different looks. I will be purchasing the Naked Palette next because I love those colors too! This is THE BEST eye shadow out there, hands down. Use a primer first, and it will stay on all day long! I love how versatile it is. You can do so many different looks with just one palette.
Ashley M.
Ashley M.
Raleigh, NC
Review for: 12 X
I do love this palette, but was a bit discouraged at first by the lack of pigmentation in the lighter shades. The darker shades, however, have the most amazing pigmentation and staying power. I've been using the lighter shades mainly as a smooth base for the other shades. Don't get me wrong, I am a big Urban Decay fan and this palette is completely usable, but it's not my favorite. I do love, however, that they came out with an all-matte palette - it would be great to see more of them!

I am not a big fan of the brush at all. Every other Urban Decay brush I have received has been great quality, but this one is stiff and not great for blending.
Hannah V.
Hannah V.
Berwyn, PA
Review for: 12 X
This palette is beautiful if you love matte eyeshadows! The color range is really beautiful. Primarily warm/neutral toned colors with some nice cool tones. The formula isn't quite as creamy and pigmented as the previous Naked palettes, but its still very good. I feel like the pigmentation is inconsistent within this palette. Some of the colors are really intense and pigmented while others are a little on the sheer side. The packaging is really cool and feels pretty sturdy. The brush that is included is a nice departure from the brushes typically included in the Naked palettes (blending brush at one end and a smudging brush at the other).
Marilou D.
Marilou D.
Review for: 12 X
The Urban Decay Ultimate Basics pallete is a call to all neutral color lovers alike. The warmer tones are unlike any other neutrals pallete on the market. Also, the fact the the pallete is all but one shade completely matte makes it the perfect everyday or every night set of colors for makeup beginners and pros alike. It also is a plus that the formula is very bendable.
My favorite shades include extra bittwr, lethal, and magnet, while the colors I felt fell a little short of my expectations were tempted and instinct. Overall I am very happy with my purchase and would recommend it to my friends for its versatility and good blendability.
Brittany M.
Brittany M.
Baytown, TX
Review for: 12 X
Oh my gosh this Urban Decay Naked ultimate Basics I believe it's definitely a must have I'm planning on purchasing it for myself but I liked it because it has mainly all the colors that I like from the other Urban Decay palettes so instead of having to buy a Note 2 out of the 3 naked palette that I love I definitely like this one more because it has the colors that I tend to use a lot more compared to the other Pilots were only has you know a few colors that I tend to use so if you're more of a neutral type colors girl then I would definitely recommend this particular palette and their pigment it's really good
Courtney S.
Courtney S.
Mount Pleasant
Is This Pallet Worth Buying?
Andreia F.
Andreia F.
12, rue Jean Origer, Luxembourg
Are this shades pigmentated? Are they longlasting?
Emily V.
Emily V.
Glendale, CA
I have the Naked 1, 2 and 3 with 3 being my current favorite by far. Would this be worth it for me or would it just be a repeat?
Alyssa S.
Alyssa S.
Sheboygan, Wi
is this palette very pigmented, or not so much?
Rosaly N.
Rosaly N.
I love this palette of shades, but I wonder if lasting colors on the eyelids?