BY URBAN DECAY #39 in Eyeshadow Palettes

The key to nailing the most sought-after and elusive eye look ever? Naked Smoky—loaded with ALL the essentials you need for the perfect neutral smoky eye. A true range of shades. The perfect brushes. And detailed tutorials.

We packed this palette with a dozen sultry, smoky neutrals, including nine never-before-seen shades and three exclusives from past palettes. Experiment with warm bronzes, dimensional grays, rich browns, gorgeous taupes and deep black. From mattes and satins to shades with sparkle, Naked Smoky has it all. Each shade in Naked Smoky features our Pigment Infusion System™, the proprietary blend of ingredients that gives every shade its velvety texture, rich color, serious staying power and blendability.

Ever buy a beauty product and then realize you have no idea how to use it? Naked Smoky makes sultry, come-hither eyes totally doable. The detailed lookbook breaks down four amazing ways to get Naked and smoky, and our exclusive double-ended brush (with a Tapered Crease Brush on one end and a Smoky Smudger Brush on the other) makes application easy.

The case and brush feature a cool floating smoke effect, with “Naked Smoky” in gunmetal foil. To add to the mysterious vibe, we set the shadow pans in a smoky transparent base. The magnetic closure on the case prevents shadow mishaps in your bag, and the full-size mirror makes it easy to get Naked whenever the urge strikes.

What you see is what you get:

High (pale pink-nude shimmer w/ micro-sparkle), Dirtysweet (medium bronze), Radar (metallic taupe w/iridescent micro-sparkle), Armor (metallic silver-taupe w/tonal sparkle), Slanted (light metallic gray), Dagger (medium charcoal w/micro-shimmer), Black Market (jet-black satin), Smolder (deep plum-taupe), Password (cool taupe matte), Whiskey (rich brown matte), Combust (soft pink-taupe) and Thirteen (light beige satin).

Urban Decay is 100% cruelty-free.

Armor Ingredients:

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Talc, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, PTFE, Zinc Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Polyurethane-33, Sorbic Acid, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer.

Black Market / Dagger Ingredients:

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Talc, PTFE, Zinc Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer.

Combust Ingredients:

Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, PTFE, Zinc Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid.

Dirtysweet Ingredients:

Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, PTFE, Zinc Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Silica, Stearic Acid.

High Ingredients:

Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, PTFE, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Tin Oxide, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer.

Radar Ingredients:

Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, PTFE, Zinc Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Tin Oxide, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer.

Slanted Ingredients:

Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PTFE, Zinc Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer.

Smolder Ingredients:

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Talc, PTFE, Zinc Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Silica, Sorbic Acid, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer.

Password / Thirteen / Whiskey Ingredients:

Talc, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PTFE, Zinc Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid.

All Shades May Contain:

• Now that the Naked Smoke palette is going off the market ...6 Answers
  • Just to let everyone know the Naked Smoky pallet is retir...3 Answers
  • This is my first high end eyeshadow palette I purchased! ...2 Answers
Urban Decay Naked Smoky Eyeshadow Palette
  • "You can't go wrong with Urban Decay products, and the Naked palette is no different. The colors are super pigmented and gorgeous for any skin tone or color." in 1811 reviews
  • "this pallet has the perfect balance between matte and shimmer shades which is exactly what you need to achieve the perfect smoky eye. the brush is double sided with a dense smudger brush which is good to smudge under eyes as well as pack on shadow and get a rich true color. the other side is a crease brush and perfect for blending. im also a huge fan of this packaging. this pallete is made of thick plastic and has a magnet that snaps close. the magnet is very secure and the plastic is very durable. i plan on taking this pallete with me while traveling. the colors are all lovely. theres almost eveything you need. a light base color, a few transition shades, and a bunch of beautiful lid colors. the only color that i'd wish i had was was a solid black. my favorite colors are the blue toned matte and shimmer shades. i think this eyeshadow pallete would work on a variety of skin tones and has the perfect formula. overall this is a must have pallete if youre a fan of smoky eyes." in 547 reviews
  • "I LOVE anything Urban Decay and I LOVE THE Naked pallets. I own all of them and I have the Smokey pallet that came out last year. But when I saw this I did my happy dance. I love how the colors are broken up in to metallic,satin,and matte. Also it great that the give you colors so you can do a neutral daytime Smokey or do a dark vampy sexy night time Smokey. I love this addition to the Naked collection " in 318 reviews
  • "Literally the best! The pigmentation is spectacular! This lasts a long time because you don't need to use a lot! It doesn't get stuck increases and is easy to blend." in 305 reviews
Mackenzie S.
Plymouth
The packaging of this product is literally to die for, in my opinion. I have yet to see anything like it. It is a decent sized compact that is not overly big, but not too small either. The inside has a large mirror, which is always a plus in my eyes, and it comes with a dual ended brush that I actually use on a daily basis (with or without using the u.d. smokey shadows). The fluffier blending brush is dense, yet fluffy and slightly tapered and I think it is the perfect shape for applying that initial wash of color above your crease. The other end is a compact, dense, pencil type of brush that is really good for smoking out the outer v portion of your eye.

I love that this palette has the perfect mix of shimmers, satins and mattes. I think that there is also a really healthy balance of warm and cool tones which make this a suitable palette for almost anyone! I am particularly a fan of the brown color "whiskey ". It is a really great color that applies and blends like a dream. Like most urban decay palettes, these shadows are very bendable and highly pigmented.

My only "problem" color is black market. For some reason there is a ton of fallout for me when I use this shade (but not any of the others). But this is something I have learned how to get around and I am still so in love with this palette.

Overall a very good quality and worth while palette to try. Especially if you love a good smokey eye! I will recommend this product and will eventually repurchase!
Katy F.
West Palm Beach
They did a great job with this palette this was exactly what I expected when I heard Urban Decay was coming out with a smokey eye palette. You can create so many different smokey eyes using very little products so this palette is realistically going to last you a very long time! It has nice transition shades and it has a nice matte bone shade or one that's a little bit off white another words that you can apply over your primer from lash line to brow bone before you go in with your transition shade. I like how they did so many different shades of black and gray and silver in so many different finishes they're not all matte, I would say most of them are, but they have some Shimmers and some sattin in there as well they even put some bronze shades in the palette as well so you can do like a brown smokey eye as well. There's one shade that's a little different from the rest it's kind of like a match shade with some glitter in it, it's not my favorite but I can see how it would look nice if you were doing a spotlight I or something like that. I've had this palette for about a year and I have not hit pan on any of my colors except for the first one which is the Highlight shade and that's only because I dropped it 😱 it's a very nice palette!
Sarah H.
Prescott, AZ
Being the UD fan that I am, I tried so hard to love this palette. I kept it for well over a year trying to make it work, but I finally forced myself to destash it recently after many, many fair tries. This is just flat out not a good palette; I don't know what happened with these shadows but the formula is markedly different than UD's usual quality. The shimmers are easily some of the worst I've ever used - chunky, fallout prone, initially impressive when applied but any significant pigmentation will get blended away during the blending process. The mattes are slightly better but nothing to write home about; although the pigmentation us decent, they feel much more chalky than the brand's usual mattes and are very hard to blend. I was primarily attracted to the gray/dark shades in the middle of the palette, but these turned out to be the biggest disappointments of all. Most of them were muddy and appeared exactly the same on my skin, turning my attempted smoky eyes into a bruised look. The only shades I enjoyed were Password (a serviceable gray matte) and Slanted (a blue-toned deep silver that was the only non-awful shimmer in the palette), but two good shades does not a palette make. Very disappointing overall.
Sarah J.
Brooklyn
I own the entire line of Urban Decay’s Naked Eyeshadow Palettes. The Naked Smoky is my least favorite out of the the bunch and I’m not surprised that it has been discontinued. I purchased it for 50% off from Ulta about a year ago.

Out of the twelve shadows in the palette, only four (High, Dirtysweet, Armor and Whiskey) perform up to par with the other Naked Palettes. It’s possible that Urban Decay used a different formula for the Naked Smoky. The remaining eight shadows are powdery and seriously lacking in pigmentation.

I, personally, don’t wear many smoky eye looks these days, so I rarely use this palette. I hold on to it for reference purposes since I’m a beauty blogger.

I’ve seen this palette for sale at stores like Nordstrom Rack. However, I recommend saving your money and purchasing one of the many affordable dupes on the market such as Rimmel London Magnif'Eyes Eye Shadow Palette
Katy R.
Spring, TX
This was my first Naked palette a few years back. It really disappointed me quality and texture-wise. I think in a video Kandee Johnson recommended this one so, when Naked 1 & 2 were sold out affer the holidays I went with this. There's nothing wrong with the shades per se. They are stiffer, tightly pressed and a lot drier than prime "UD quality". I know in recent years a lot of UD releases have suffered from quality issues and I think this is a perfect example. The shadows are still buildable, more of less blendable. But I found I just wasn't wowed by any looks I've cranked out with this. There was nothing between quality, experience and final look that was worth it. If you can snag this on clearance half off, as it it now discontinued, go for it. Don't pay full price+ to complete your Naked collection though. It is absolutely not worth it.
Jillian H.
I enjoy the concept of this product. I purchased this because this was cheaper than the other Naked Palettes at the time of my purchase. I was expecting more out of this considering all of the hype that this product was given. It simply didn't live up to my expectations. The shadows have decent pigment, some less than others. If I had to pick I would say the shimmers definitely outshine the mattes, in pigmentation and blend-ability. These shadows swatch nicely, but when applied with a brush I experience more fallout than with other palettes. One of the things that I really like about this is the packaging, but it serves as a facade for the actual product. The brush is very nice, but again, I tend to reach for other ones instead of the Urban Decay Naked Smoky palette.
Jaelyn G.
I absolutely love this eyeshadow palette, I’ve had it for about 4 months now, I use it almost everyday, it’s easy to apply. I love the nude and dark colors, the pigment is just right, no loose falling out when applying as much. I love the shades “High” and “DirtySweet.” I usually put them underneath the arch of my brow and it gives you a pop of highlight depending on your look for the day, afternoon, evening or night, and it last all day, no blotchiness.
I’ve even used the two as a highlighter when I ran out and it worked out really well just for that day. I love Urban Decay, and the Eyeshadow’s are my favorite, especially this Smoky pallete.
Amber B.
louisville
Great shades of you like dark eyeshadow and look good with dark eyes. This palette makes it easy to achieve the Smokey eye look again and again. Very pigmented, lasts all day. The shades can be used for multiple occasions, not just going out to the club. $54 at Ulta and Sephora. Urban Decay Naked Smoky Eyeshadow Palette
Christine L.
I just want to start off by saying to not let this palette intimidate you! At first glance, it may appear to be something that you can't use every day but I actually think it's perfect because you can do "day" and "evening" looks all from one palette! I have pretty fair skin and like it so I think it can look good on anyone! There's a good balance of mattes & shimmers and ranges from neutral colors to purple and black. You just have to play with it a little to figure out your looks. Also, they are definitely buildable and pretty easy to blend. A few things where I think UD could have done better is the transition colors- I mean you can definitely make it work with what is already in the palette but I think this could have been better. Another thing is the fallout, particularly the shimmers but it's not too bad. Overall, I love this palette & all the colors. I actually started hitting pan on some shades so I received another one for Christmas because everyone knew how much I love palette!
Shar K.
I love this palette! The shadows are super pigmented and glide onto the lid easily. I got mine on sale for half the price! The packaging is really slick and pretty and the brushes provided are great for blending! The only thing that I didn't like about this palette is that there aren't many matte shadows to use as transition shades and that they mixed warm and cool toned colors into the palette. Overall, a very nice palette that I really enjoy! Would recommend!
Cheryl C.
Henderson, NV
Do you use the brush that comes with this palette?
Sara B.
Stacy, MN
Is it very pigmented? Is it worth the price?
Maggie N.
Would anyone recommend this?
Madison G.
Warminster, PA
Are the naked palettes worth the price tag, or are there better, cheaper products out there?
Cheryl C.
Henderson, NV
What are your favorite colors in this palette?