BY URBAN DECAY #9 in Eyeshadow Palettes

This long, lean, and seductive case is packed with 12 gorgeous neutrals that work for absolutely everyone. The shades range from delicate champagne to gritty gunmetal in a variety of textures, including glitter, shimmer, and matte. This versatile palette can take eyes from work to evening looks. The mirrored case also features a professional-quality, cruelty-free Good Karma Eyeshadow Brush for effortless application.

Buy on Sephora*
  • "I love the naked palette!!!! i don't own the 2nd one yet but i will be getting it soon! The original one is so pigmented & has some of the best colors & textures i have ever used!" in 7731 reviews
  • "I use these two pallets daily! Although expensive at first, the investment is cheaper than buying each eye shadow individually. It does have a lot of shimmer, maybe two matte colors in each however, I love my shimmer so it works. Have amazing neutral colors and I always get compliments on my eye make up." in 4320 reviews
  • "These palettes are the BEST!! They are long lasting and have the best color selection i have seen. The only downside is that they are pretty pricey!" in 2103 reviews
  • "i really love urban decay makeup ive used it for a long time and its great its easy to apply and i love the colors i wear makeup just about everyday and i love this product " in 336 reviews
  • "It contains gorgeous, super pigmented colors that are buttery smooth, blend beautifully and are perfect for all eye colors and skin tones." in 329 reviews
Tabitha R.
This baby right here. Man, oh man. Baby, oh baby. Girllll. All of those sites, videos, tutorials, ads, reviews, friends...etc. Talking about this palette. They were all 110% right. It’s amazing.
**On a more serious note.
This is truly, truly a great palette. It is holy grail vibes. The pigmentation, and formula are out of this world. If you’re new to makeup, don’t really quite know, the basics.
This is a wonderful high-end, starting out palette. The shades are beautiful. The blendability is fantastic. (I hope that’s a word) if not, it should be. Anyways, I highly recommend. It’s a top palette for a reason, and if you’re looking for even more reasoning before buying it. Even a little hesitant. Since it is $54, it is honestly worth it. You can only be the judge of it yourself, and when you take that chance. You’ll appreciate , and love your decision. Even years from now.
Andrea S.
San Francisco, CA
I love this Palette from Urban Decay- until their most recent Heat Palette was released this was my favorite Palette, and I impinge probably most customers favorite. I bought this at Macy's- the Palette was sold out at Sephora and everywhere else at the time so I put an order in for Macys- they called me at work when it came in and I ran down there on my lunch break (kind of silly but I love eyeshadow Palettes). This Palette is so versatile- you can create neutral looks and warmer looks because  their are both colors included in the Palette which is what I think makes it so great. If you are going on vacation you could get away with only bringing this Palette- you can also use the light pink color for a highlighter if you wanted to save some room in your luggage. The pigments of these shadows blend very easily and don't explode in your palette container- they last a very long time. I have had this palette for years and I still use it (the colors are still up to par with when I bought it). My little sister bought it after me and this is still the only Palette she uses.
Daniela K.
Westport
To this day, one of my favorite palettes of all time. It's a classic, and although I rarely used all of the colors when I was younger, the palette makes for the perfect neutral vs. smokey eye look that I'm always excited to try on now.

'Buck,' 'Naked' and 'Virgin' are the perfect basics. 'Half Baked' is this beautiful, highly pigmented gold. It's a rich gold (like honey, with tones of brown rather than yellow), and dusty - not like liquidy gold glitter. It packs on though. I've noticed other shimmery shades usually leave sparse traces of sparkles with little pigmentation (unless liquid eyeshadow). But not the metallic shades of the Naked Palette.

I love doing sunset-colored makeup and topping it off with this golden-brown above my top lash line. The darker colors make for the perfect eyeshadow that I apply with a thin angled brush.

This palette, however, isn't really a one-and-done sort of thing. If you like exploring new base shades and looks, then this is only really limited to matte basics and metallic smokey eye.

Abbey L.
Painesville, OH
Oh, the Naked palette. This thing started a neutral palette CRAZE back in the day, and because of that, I picked one up from Sephora as one of my first ever higher end eyeshadow purchases. It's...alright.

The color selection is beautiful, but I do wish there were more matte shades. The packaging is nice and sturdy, but the outside cover does get insanely dirty very quickly. My biggest problem with all three Naked palettes, this one included, is the eyeshadow formula. It's just not wonderful. It takes a lot of building up to get a highly pigmented look, and the blendability isn't fantastic. It takes a lot of work to get a blown out look.

This palette was truly the start of something new in the makeup world, and I appreciate it for that...but in terms of quality, there's just so much better out there.
Juniper S.
Okay. I'm going to start this off by saying yes, it will work differently for every person. This is just my experience. I use this pretty often because I have yet to go get a new palette. If I wear any of the shades on a normal day, it barely lasts me 3 hours. I do not have oily or dry eyelids, they're pretty normal. When I get home and look in a mirror all of the eyeshadow has worn off except for some near the roots of my lashes, it looks as if I have on sparkly eyeliner or something. Also, when I'm applying it, there is an unnecessary amount of fallout. I've tried primers and everything and nothing helps it. I can't believe how excited I was when I first got it. From all of the good reviews, I thought it would be some miracle palette. I gave it an extra star because the colors are pretty, especially toasted which is my favorite. In the end, I wouldn't recommend it, but you'll have to try it out yourself. From my perspective, it's not worth the money.
Lily U.
San Diego
This is a well formulated eye shadow palette. I think that you can create a really nice neutral eye with it, but that’s the thing you need to be really really into neutrals for this palette to be worth it. It’s $54 and you can find other palettes with a better variety, with tons of neutrals and some pops of color or just some brighter or deeper shades. If you are a neutrals fanatic and this palette really inspires you than go for it, but if you are like me and aren’t absolutely OBSESSED with these types of shades than I’d look out for other launches. Also this formula doesn’t want to make you drop dead because of how good it is, it’s just a basic formula that works, so that isn’t really worth the price for me because bare minerals makes really nice neutral palettes and they are cheaper, and also the formula is better to me.
Krissy L.
Fairburn, GA
I've been a fan of urban decay for a few years, but I think this is my favorite eyeshadow palettes from the Naked line. I love the blend of light to dark and neutral to color. My favorite color is the "Sidecar." It's a simple pink that makes a beautiful difference. The only thing I didn't like about the palette is that if I want the color to be more pronounced,  I have to make sure I put on more concealer and eyeshadow than usual and sometimes it still isn't as visible as I'd like. Aside from that, I would definitely recommend this product, especially for a natural look!
Jennifer M.
I have to say, this is the first UD eyeshadow I have ever purchased. I usually only use bargain store make up, so this was a huge purchase for me. But I have to say, it was well worth the money! For someone who doesn't like to wear a lot of make up, and just wanting to keep the natural look, this palette is perfect! I loved that it went on really even and blended really well. It lasted all day. The colors are extremely pigmented. There was a great selection of base, lid and crease colors in different finishes. I think from now on I will be splurging and spending a little more money on Urban Decay eyeshadow products.
Chandler M.
Delray Beach, FL
When I think back to first eye shadow pallets, the Naked palette by Urban Decay is definitely number one ! The palette contains gorgeous neutral colors that can opt for a more natural looking daytime wear . All the while being easily buildable for an evening look as well ! However, one of the only difficulties I found with the Naked palette by Urban Decay, is the intensity of the pigments are not as strong as I have found in other palettes; meaning you use more for the same look you are trying to achieve with say with deeper pigmented pallets . Because of this, I found myself running out of my favorites far more often than other shadows I've used ! Also an eyelid primer is absolutely necessary when using ! With all this said, I will continue to purchase and use the Naked palette by Urban Decay bc as stated previously, it truly has some of the best day to night colors I cannot live without !
member-262b9
This was the first higher-end palette that I've bought, and over the years I've bought many other palettes, but the naked palette is definitely the one that I go back to. Compared to the Lorac Pro, I prefer this more just because the colors are very easy to control and blend. Sometimes the lorac pro would be too buttery and I would accidentally pick up too much product. In addition, there are more mid-tone shades compared to the lorac pro, which flatters my skin and eye color. Personally for my everyday makeup, I would use buck and naked on the outer crease, darken the outer crease even more with darkhorse, and use my ring finger to pat sin all over the eyelid. The only downfall of this palette is that it does not include a matte highlight shade, which I felt could compliment the palette very well. Overall, this is a palette that I have been religiously using, and I hadn't even hit pan! Great value, and I would recommend this to anyone who is starting out with makeup and don't know what to invest in!
lacey m.
caldwell, ID
I've always wanted to try the Naked palette but never have because of the price. Is it really worth the cost?
Caroline S.
Brooklyn, NY
Which would you prefer? Naked or Naked 2? ;)
Erica C.
Tustin, CA
Who loves it:)
Janine S.
White Plains, NY
Who is dying for a NAKED 3!?!?!
Vinamae M.
Spokane, Wa
I don't own a Naked Palette from Urban Decay. This is a palette that I pretty much am willing to buy, it's a bit pricey though. I've heard amazing things about it, I went to Sephora and Ulta and compared each palette side by side, I'm stuck on which one to get! WHICH ONE SHOULD I GET?!