BY URBAN DECAY #3 in Eyeshadow Palettes

Jennifer P.
Jennifer P.
Jersey Vlg, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
I adore this palette! I was hoping this would do the same as Mac Brown Script to make my green/blue eyes pop but it is not as bright. People are saying that the colors are so close together there isnt much you can do with the palette but I beg to differ. First of all, I do agree they are similar. You do not get a ton of contrast but if you know what you're doing you can really make something of it. Plus, who doesn't use other eyeshadows?! Mix and match, girl!
1. The simmer shades look different on than they do in the pan but only slightly. -Lumbre is more pinky-peach with gold undertones and I love that color; -Dirty talk is the more burnt orange red that I adore!!! Depends on the lighting, though. In brighter lighting its more a orange brown but in the shade or darker lighting its more rustic. If you want to change the intensity slightly you can use a damp finger to apply to your lid. I DO NOT recommended a wet brush (setting spray or whatever) because the shadows are so pressed it seems to mess up the shades in the pan and I didnt like that. After a few uses it went back to smooth but I wont do it again. The colors didnt want to stick to the brush anyway nor did they go on more intense.-Scorched is a color that reminds me of my moms favorite browns. A darker red brown that still has some burgundy-type pigment to it in lower lighting. -Ember doesnt look as dark as Ashes but let me assure you....its freaking dark!!! This color goes on so dark but when you see how it blends with another color...WOW! The reflect is beyond gorgeous. It's so dark you just think it's a smokey eye but when the light hits it...seriously! Yes!
The rest of the colors are just as amazing. Ounce is similar to my Mac matte Rice Paper that is my go-to for under my eyebrows to fade. I like to go heavy then blend and fade!WARNING! Do Not Do your face before using the two darkest colors because no amount of powder protects you from the staining. So pigmented, sticks and it gets everywhere!
Season S.
Season S.
New Entrprise, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I saw this palette on youtube from some of my favorite beauty guru's and I immediately fell in love with it. Thank god I was signed up as an Urban Decay Beauty Junkie because I was fortunate enough to get it during their one day sale and I have to admit, I am slightly obsessed. These shadows are so, so, so good. They are super pigmented and they are so smooth to the touch AND when being applied. They literally go on like a dream. There is minimal fallout, not zero fallout, but very little that can be handled by sweeping it away with a brush so I am not going to complain about that because some of the best palettes that I own, have a little. The color options are so pretty and there is more than enough choices to make many, many different full looks. The shimmer shadows in this, OMG the shimmers...I am not even sure what to say about them that will convey how much I love them. They are SO pigmented and even more so when you spray the brush with a setting spray. They are gorgeous! This palette also comes with a brush and while I am picky with my brushes, the brush in this palette is a really nice quaility, sturdy, well made, good actual brushes on both ends. I would repurchase this palette again in a hot second and I am so happy that I have it in my collection. I just ordered one of the accompanying lipsticks in the ulta sale yesterday, I cannot wait to recieve it and wear it with this eyeshadow. I love Urban Decay.
Haritha A.
Haritha A.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have SO much to say about this product. First of all, let me say that I was pretty excited when I first saw the palette announced on social media because the colors looked gorgeous and also seemed like colors that would work well on my dark skin tone. So needless to say, I had some pretty high expectations for this product. What I was not expecting was for those expectations to be exceeded, and that's what happened. When I saw the palette online, some of the colors like Ounce I thought wouldn't really work on me because they could look ashy and I was fine with that. But in person, I was blown away by the colors and looking at them, every, single color would work on my darker skin--that is so exciting to say! Looking at the colors, I can also see these working so nicely on lighter skin too, so don't shy away from this because of the reds! I also love how multipurpose this palette is--it can be set for a subtle day look or a stronger night look. I want to address that scary picture with those ashy swatches that circulated the Internet. I'm not sure what happened in that picture, but this is the absolute opposite of that--these could not be more pigmented and smooth. I can't stop staring at the colors they're so gorgeous!

TL;DR --  this palette is incredible. It's got a beautiful range of shades that I can attest to working on dark skin and I imagine would look incredible on lighter skin as well. The shadows are pigmented, smooth, and so easily blendable (as UD shadows are), and it's so multipurpose! One of the best palettes, I would say!
Johanna S.
Johanna S.
Dover, Massachusetts
Beauty Junkie Expert
Best naked eyeshadow palette! I bought this when it was released early and it was definitely worth it, my favorite of all of them Naked palettes so far. The pigmentation doesn't disappoint, the packaging is lovely and it doesn't take away from the previous palettes before it. As I've seen a lot of hype over the internet and social media and I have to say the colors are beautiful! They are highly pigmented with a buttery texture which is great for blending. In my opinion this is the best naked palette as I love warm-toned colors because they are great for most skin tones and eye colors. The palette is amazing, the warm tones are perfect for every day or nighttime looks, meaning you can go subtle or bold. As I find with all the Naked products they work together well so if you want to tone down the heat you can use another palette and, not only does it blend really well, the colors work without question.

The mixture of matte and shimmer you can really make the colors pop - I often add a little moon dust to my look but you don't need to with these beautiful shimmers unless you want that glittery glow. This is great value for money just like the other naked palettes, you get what you pay for! Would definitely recommend!
Elizabeth C.
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I just received this palette yesterday from sephora. I used it all day yesterday through a pretty extreme workout and Kentucky July heat and me sweating and also today. I have worn it without primer the first day and with primer today. The packaging is absolutely adorable. The initial box that the palette is in opens like an old school match box. Then when you take the palette out you see a bunch of half burnt match sticks. Then the actual palette is an almost 3d looking orange transparent design made of a slightly heavy and smooth plastic with some lines and the word heat on it. Its all a nice burnt orange color. The palette feels smooth and has a good weight to it. Its easy to open but feels secure when its closed. Because of this I would feel comfortable traveling with it.
The formula is the same as all ud naked palettes. They are all pigmented, easily blendable, layer nicely and last all day without primer. Last even longer past the 8 hour point with primer.
The only thing I'm a bit dissapointed in is that the colors aren't as unique as I had hoped. They look pretty decent in pan but on the eye they all look like variations of the same 3 colors. They're pretty neutral which I know has been kind of the point and theme of the naked palettes but I was just hoping for a more red orange palette that I could wear unique colors that I don't already own from my 7k spent on makeup this past year but alas it is not that unique.
Despite this the colors are very pretty and this would be a great palette for beginners with no makeup and collectors and artists alike. I would recommend to friends and family snd people of all ages.
Jessica B.
Jessica B.
Dale City, VA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I absolutely LOVE this palette so much and am so happy to own it. When it first came out, I kind of fell out of interest with it only because there was so much drama going on about whatever swatch photo came out and I wanted to wait until all that came to an end to see what everyone's thoughts were. The day it released in store I went and swatched it for myself and fell in love instantly. I do own the Natasha Denona Sunset Palette and originally thought this would be similar and I wouldn't want it but the shade selection is completely different. I think the colors in this palette are absolutely GORGEOUS and every day friendly. You can definitely use this palette for a beautiful, fresh day look or you can dip into the deeper shades to create a beautiful smoky night time look. The shadows are very pigmented and blend out beautifully. The shimmer shades are lovely when you spritz your brush just a little and I also really enjoy the double ended brush that comes with the palette, it is very useful and I've used it every time I've used the palette so far. Actually, many people have said that they find the quality of the shadows to be the same as previous palettes but for me I find a big difference. I loved my Naked Smoky palette and I can compare the shadows to those however, if you go back to the Naked3, I find this one to be much more pigmented and easy to work with! I never had much luck with the shimmer shades in the Naked3 in terms of all over the lid even when I foiled it.. still a beautiful palette with very pretty shades, but I would say the Naked Heat blows previous palettes out of the water. I highly recommend this!
Victoria Y.
Victoria Y.
Watertown, NY
I know this product has gotten a lot of heat. But I think the initial swatches were posted on social media weren't an accurate representation of the palette. Overall, I would give this palette a 7.5/10. The shades are pretty pigmented and buttery. Even the mattes are super smooth and easy to apply. The shimmer shades are to die for! I love the shades 'Lumbre' and 'Dirty Talk'. They have a slight duo chrome effect and they are amazing on the lids. I think this palette is pretty versatile and would compliment a variety of skin tones. I know there are a bunch of warm palettes on the market, but this palette is a must have if you're an Urban Decay fan! I love how easy every shade is to apply. The mattes don't swatch very well, but when you apply them with a brush, they blend effortlessly. The only gripe I have with the palette is that there isn't too much variety among the mid-toned shimmer shades. I do love both 'Lumbre', 'Dirty Talk', and 'Scorched'; but, they aren't too drastically different from one another. I really wish there was a vibrant red-orange shade, but I know that wouldn't really fit the 'Naked' theme. Just wishful thinking I suppose. But overall, I love this palette and I would recommend this to just about any one!
Mayra G.
Mayra G.
Denver, CO
Beauty Junkie Expert
Can you ever have enough warm tone palettes? NOPE. I knew UD was releasing a palette soon when I saw they were working extra hard to advertise they're Naked line and asking "when was the first time you got naked?" When they finally revealed the palette I was immediately in love! I love warm tones, I feel like those matte burnt oranges and "peanut butters" are perfect transition shades for my skin tone. I don't always like a shimmer shadow but again, the copper tones go well with my tan-ish skin. You can do settle two color looks for every day work eyes, amp it up with a little shimmer to still keep it professional, or go all out with a gorgeous warm tone smoked eye. This and the ABH Modern Renaissance are my go-tos when it comes to everyday eye looks. I'm so excited to do a Palette of the Week on this for my YouTube series (: The box it came in was actually really cute. I like the slide out style compared to the usual. I might keep it for something just because its cute.
Christa P.
Christa P.
N Little Rock, AR
Beauty Junkie Expert
I just recently grabbed the last Naked Heat palette Ulta had in stock, and I am very glad I did! Despite the controversy over the swatches, I am delighted with this palette and I think it is one of the best Naked palettes to date. The colors are all warm toned and very easy to blend. There is very little fallout and the shadows are creamy and pigmented. This palette would be great for beginners because it really is so simple to create a full look for either day or night. When compared to other palettes on the market this palette in my opinion really makes things easy for you with plenty of transitional matte shades and creamy foiled shades. I am LIVING for the duochrome at the end, it shows up almost blue which really goes well with the fiery-flame theme of this palette. I am also in love with the packaging, it really gave a wow factor when I opened it as it really is stunning looking. The brush that comes with the palette is also a win for me. I love the pointed blending tip. I think Urban Decay did a great job with this palette. For the people saying it's just another warm-toned palette I think they are right to a certain extent, but there is nothing wrong with doing a warm toned palette if you do well, and this palette is spot on. 5/5.
Alayna S.
Alayna S.
Philipsburg, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
As a very fair skinned person with blue eyes, I was so excited for this palette. I did read the reviews before I bought this palette which mostly claimed the pigment wasn't very good. Admittedly, the pigment is not on par with the level we know and love from
Urban Decay, but I love how it looks on me. I struggle with colors that are too dark, so this palette is perfect. It's not that I'm happy that the quality of the product isn't what was expected, but it turned out to be a happy coincidence. The color also lasts all day, and it goes on smooth. If I had one complaint about the pigment, it would be about the color en fuego. It looks so different on than in the pan.

It's tough for pale people like me to find palettes where they can use every color as intended.

Naked 3 will always be my favorite, but I would rank the naked palettes as follows:
1. Naked 3
2. Naked heat
3. Naked 2
4. Naked 1
5. Naked Smokey

Of course, this is all personal preference. I don't own the basics palette (though maybe I should), and I only bought the smokey one because it was half priced. After trying he smokey palette, I was not sure I'd be buying any future naked palettes. I think for people with my coloring this is a great palette.
Reema A.
Joselyn V.
Joselyn V.
San Antonio
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this pallet worth it ?
Rebecca P.