Add a Photo

Photos (459)
Kylie Q.
Kylie Q.
Providence, RI

Honestly, I did not touch this for the longest time because I just did not bother with eyeshadow in general. I recently wanted a more polished and complete makeup look, though, so I gave this a try. For those who like a more simple look, this is amazing! I use it everyday for a subtle look but sometimes I pair it with a glittery shadow for a bolder look. You get a fair amount of product in each pan and a large mirror which is great for on-the-go application. It's my favorite palette to travel with because it is just so convenient. Venus looks like it has a slight shimmer to it, but it is so subtle I can't be sure. Foxy is not pigmented AT ALL. It blends into my skin when I swatch it on my arm, so I use it mostly as a base under the sparkley shadows. WOS is a bit more pigmented with a slight bit of apricot color to it. If I am only wearing shadows from this palette, this is my go-to lid color. Naked 2 is the perfect taupey crease color. It blends out so well and gives a subtle depth. While the first three left a bit to be desired in the pigment department, the darkest 2 all the way to the right are definitely pretty pigmented. Faint is a cool-toned medium brown that works as well for a crease color on bold days as it does for an outer V color on subtle days. Crave is the matte black color that works so well for the outer V! It blends so well that I never worry about it being harsh even if I do accidentally use too much. Overall, I'd say don't expect super pigmentation from every shadow. It is great for those who love more natural eye looks. I personally really like this palette.
Kim M.
Kim M.

I absolutely love this palette and have hit pan on Foxy and will soon hit pan on Naked 2. The shades work perfectly together and have everything you need for a subtle day to day look. I used this palette alone for months with Foxy as my highlight, Naked 2 as a transition shade, Faint in my outer v, and Crave as a powder liner. This palette is great as both a standalone and to add some staple matte shades into your collection. I'm not a fan of the shade Venus and rarely use it because when I reach for this palette it is because I want mattes, but I suppose it would be good to add some dimension to a look. Once I hit pan on Foxy I was afraid that I would have to buy a replacement just for one shade, but I now am getting low on many shades and will rebuy soon. I use a lot of Foxy because in addition to as a shadow I sometimes apply it over my undereye concealer to brighten the area up because I have such dark circles. Every single shadow in this palette has great pigmentation and blends so easily. The packaging is also fabulous. My Naked 2 palette fell and some shadows came out and shattered, but this palette is much more sturdy and well designed. It is lightweight and small enough to travel with and the mirror is large enough to make it possible to do an entire eye look with just this product and a few brushes. The palette is also very reasonably priced and easy to get your hands on.
A M.
A M.

This is a really nice everyday palette.

The formula of the shadows goes on smoothly and stay on really good. I have oily lids and typically wear all my shadows with the Urban Decay primer however; I can actually wear these shadows without the primer and it will stay put for about 6 hrs before creasing a little.

Love the colors of this palette except for "Faint" its more of a muddy brown on me (I have a fair complexion). My favorite is W.O.S. it is a pretty soft color that is a perfect lid color if your going for a natural look. Venus is a good highlighter. Foxy is another good neutral lid color with warmer undertones. Naked 2 is a very light brown that works well in the crease.
Crave can double as an eyeliner if wetted which is really nice or if you need more shadowing/depth to your look this works well.

Overall your could do basic everyday makeup with this one palette, I love carrying this when I travel as I can use just this palette with some mascara and blush and good for the day. Great minimalist makeup!
Megan B.
Megan B.
Foothill Rnch, CA

I have this one and let me tell you it took forever for me to fully appreciate how useful it is. It sat neglected. Foxy and W.O.S. are perfect base colors. So is Naked 2 but I prefer it for a transition shade. Venus is aperfect highlight sahde for the brow bone and the only shimmer in the kit. Faint can beused in any smoky eye or in any natural eye. I honestly have used Crave omce but it would make a great liner. I can make several different nude looks with this and a smokey eye easily. I actually use this with other palettes that are lacking some basic neutrals. Its $29 but honestly it has many uses. It fills in the gaps left by other palettes and you get some of the best neutral shades Urban Decay has to offer without having to buy them as singles which two would cost you just as much. Frankly once I got my Gwen Palette and a few other shadows for Christmas I realized how much this was needed. I got to this everythime for a base color, I use it a lot for a highlight, and transition shade as well.
sarah a.
sarah a.
Spokane Vly, WA

I thought I should write a review for this since I finally hit pan on one of the colors! This Small Palette is truly the "Basics", it reminds me of when I was in middle school and my mother let me buy eye shadow for the first time but it only could be brown colors. She would always tell me "You need to get good at these first because you can always do wild colors but you can always go back to good ol brown" and I can say that this holds true! I love bright and crazy colors but there is something about coming back to something fine,velvety and matte brown again. This stuff is perfect for a everyday natural look, and I love usually the left white shades for base color for any new eye look im going for. The one thing I have to complain about is that the color pay off with the three colors can be mixed. Someday I swear I didn't put any on and then the next I can tell right away— I can't tell if its the product or more about my skin. Anyway, I really would recommend buying this!
Yulianny G.
Yulianny G.
Medley, FL

Like all shades of Urban Decay, those of Naked Basics are incredible shadows, with perfect pigmentation, smoldering power and durability. In general, the matte shadows are the most complicated to achieve, as they need a lot of talc in their composition and the finish ends up being dusty and hard. These feel very soft to the touch, and although you have to be a little careful when applying the dark colors, they adhere perfectly to the skin. Anyway, a close-up of eyes always helps the pigmentation of these colors to be much better. The truth that I think the Naked Basics is completely worth it, costs half its predecessors, with half colors, but Is the most versatile of them all. You can make several complete looks just using this palette, or perfectly complement the others. It is perfect for everyday, for people who wear little shade or makeup very modestly, and above all to travel and carry it there for its discreet size
Nani L.
Nani L.
Miami, Florida

Probe this palette in 2014, you know I've had enough time to test it and apply it, so I have a fairly solid and formed opinion about it, is a very basic and simple shadow, are 5 matte tones and a pearl, and although not Are of my total pleasure, and not because of lack of quality but because of the colors, I like the colors ams alive, but this is definitely elegant and sober, the texture of the pearl is creamy and nothing dusty which makes its application easier, I think this was to say so my favorite of the whole palette.

It is not a shadow that I use often, but it always comes in handy to give points of light right at the arch of the eyebrow or at the tear. It also looks nice on the mobile eyelid, although I prefer warmer tones

In general terms, I find a good palette and I do not regret my investment, although I recognize that there are alternatives that surpass it in quality..
Christine C.
Christine C.
Ewa Beach

This was my first high end product I ever bought in High school when I was first getting into makeup! This is amazing for people who aren't a huge fan of sparkles and shimmers or just in the beginning stage of makeup in general. All of the colors are very pigmented and there's barely any fall outs. I favorite this palette so much because it's small but convenient to throw it in your purse or if you're on the go. It does come with a small compact mirror as well! the colors within the palette comes with a 1 brow bone and inner highlight shimmer color and 5 matte colors. 2 base colors, 1 transition color, a shader to deepen the color even more, and a black. One of my favorite colors in the palette is Foxy which is a nice white matte color.  It makes a nice white yellow tone base to start any bright pigmented colors to make them pop out more :)
Alexandra P.
Alexandra P.

I keep this little palette in my everyday makeup drawer and I use it every time I wear eyeshadow. This is a great supplementary palette for when you use single shadows and you need another color to really pull a look together. All shades are matte other than the one at the far left, which is a lovely inner corners or brow bone highlight. The second and third shades I use to set eyeshadow primer.

The packaging is well made and has a mirror, so it is great for travel. Though the shadows themselves are a little powdery (I think all UD shadows are), they are easy to blend. Great palette for a beginner. My only gripe is that this was really made for lighter skin tones. This works for me but I know it would not work for people who are on the deeper end of the spectrum.

I would repurchase if I used it all up!
Jacqueline H.
Jacqueline H.
Buffalo, NY

I've heard mixed reviews about this palette when it first came out, with some saying that the shadows were powdery and not pigmented. Although I do agree that these are not the highest quality or most buttery shadows, I can however say that I do enjoy using this and it is one of my most used palettes. I find the Naked Basics palette to be extremely versatile, whether to use by itself for an all matte eye look or in combination with another palette if you were to ever need a blending shade or a matte deeper brown in the outer V. The black is quite dark and can be used to set a liquid liner and although I do not love the shade 'Venus' for highlighting in the inner tear ducts I find that it makes for a great highlight on the face. Also great for traveling as it is quite slim and has a decent size mirror!
Kyley S.
Kyley S.
Pittsburgh, PA

Which do you prefer the original Naked basics or Naked2 basics?
Koryn T.
Koryn T.

Is this pallet worth the price?
Alexis L.
Alexis L.
Louisville, CO

Is this a good palette for a beginner to use? Would you recommend any other beginner palettes?
Deanna L.
Deanna L.

Is the pallet pigmented?
Amelia D.
Amelia D.
Kentwood, MI

Is Venus too shimmery for a brow highlight?