Add a Photo

Photos (375)
Megan B.
Megan B.
Foothill Rnch, CA

I have this one and let me tell you it took forever for me to fully appreciate how useful it is. It sat neglected. Foxy and W.O.S. are perfect base colors. So is Naked 2 but I prefer it for a transition shade. Venus is aperfect highlight sahde for the brow bone and the only shimmer in the kit. Faint can beused in any smoky eye or in any natural eye. I honestly have used Crave omce but it would make a great liner. I can make several different nude looks with this and a smokey eye easily. I actually use this with other palettes that are lacking some basic neutrals. Its $29 but honestly it has many uses. It fills in the gaps left by other palettes and you get some of the best neutral shades Urban Decay has to offer without having to buy them as singles which two would cost you just as much. Frankly once I got my Gwen Palette and a few other shadows for Christmas I realized how much this was needed. I got to this everythime for a base color, I use it a lot for a highlight, and transition shade as well.
Kennedy J.
Kennedy J.
Kitchener, Ontario

Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics Palette- I absolutely adore this palette, it has the perfect shades and amount of shine vs matte options. I was originally looking at the larger Naked palettes but thought to myself that there are way too many options that I'm most likely never going to use specific ones so I feel thats a waste, but pretty much 90% of the options are all shiny and not matte. I pretty much prefer matte over sparkle, and I hate spending a lot of money on something that I don't use and feel that I threw that money away. So I started leaning away from the palette all together. Then I saw the basics palette and it just made my day because the spectrum is the perfect balance of lighter vs darker browns, majority of them are matte, and they are all ones that I would use regularly. Not only that but the quality of the powder is amazing, it doesn't bunch up at the crease of your eye and its not flakey so doesn't wear off. I highly recommend the Naked 2 Basics palette for literally anyone.
Michelle P.
Michelle P.

If you're a matte shadow kinda gal, on a budget or have been wanting to try out Urban Decay famously pigmented eyeshadow this would be a good start. The colors are versatile and would fit most skin tones. The color Venus is an amazing highlight shade for the inner conner and if you're the kind of person who uses shimmery colors for the brow bone then this would be amazing for that too. The next color next to Venus is Foxy which match my skin tone (I'm light-medium with neutral undertone) perfectly. This is a great shadow to use to set my eye prime. Next one is W.O.S. this is a great all-over lid color to use as a base to help blending later on. The color Naked 2 is an awesome transition shade. Because the color is so soft you can build it to your liking. Faint is a great color to get that really glamorous smoky eye. Add this color to the outer v to get that definition. The color Crave is just your basic matte black. Could never go wrong with that. Overall I would repurchase this.
Grace S.
Grace S.

This is one of my all-time favorite eyeshadow palettes and I have ALL of the Naked palettes as well as several from other brands. Before this palette was released, I had always preferred shimmery shadows, but then I decided to give this a try and that's when I discovered how awesome matte shadows were and the wonderful looks I could create with them. This palette seems more natural looking, or at least you look less like you're about to go to the club. One of my favorite things about it is that since it's smaller than the other Naked palettes, it's much easier to travel with. I would pack this in my gym bag and then didn't need any other eye shadow which made my gym makeup bag a lot smaller. Matte shadows also work really well for photography work and being on stage which worked out great for me since I model and compete in pageants.
Ashleen M.
Ashleen M.
Delta, British Columbia

A friend of mine gave me this pallet for my birthday and I only recently started wearing makeup on a daily basis. I started out with just the basics - foundation, powder, concealer, and eyeliner. I wasn't entirely comfortable doing eye makeup because I thought I would do it "wrong." This pallet is great because it was basic pallet with nude colours. It's a great start out pallet because these colours are quite muted (especially for me since I have dark skin) if you make an error its hard to notice. I use this pallet daily. All the colours are matte and very pretty. These colours are good for daytime looks and can be quickly changed from daytime to nighttime by adding a little black in the crease and using the one shimmer colour which is amazing! Easy to use and it's an unintimidating pallet.
Heather H.
Heather H.
Wyomissing, PA

I really like this palette, however I'm only giving it 4 stars because I think the colors are actually too basic, if that makes any sense. All of these colors, although maybe not exactly, are included in so many other "naked" or "nude" palettes. It was my very first UD Naked palette and we all have to start somewhere ;) With that being said, there's nothing wrong with it. The pigmentation and color payoff is good. There's a bit of fall out but that's with many eyeshadows - I just place a powder puff below my eye as I do my eyeshadow or use a very soft bristled face brush to quickly dust it off. I think it's a great palette to start with, if you're just beginning to get the hang of eye makeup. I do really like mixing the dark brown and black together to use as eyeliner.
Crystal D.
Crystal D.
rogers, ar

While Urban Decay is my favorite brand of cosmetics this one just did not make the mark. The price is a bit on the high side, but compared to the Naked pallets it seemed like a good buy, more so because I wanted more matte shades. I picked this up and during the first few uses I noticed that the shadows were very smooth but were very dry and crumbling. The fallout was insane and after I applied them I found it hard to blend due to how it kind of just stuck in place. Needless to say I took it back the next day and exchanged it for a Lorac pallet that I am in love with, grabbed UD Pulp fiction pallet to that had similar shades but it is like a million times better than the naked basics. With Urban Decay it can be hit or miss.
Juliana Greg T.
Juliana Greg T.
Lancaster, PA

I have always wanted to have a naked pallet from UD, however, my budget didn't allow me. When I found out about the naked basics I went to Sephora to get mine! I really like the size of it, witch is perfect for someone who is always on the road like me. It fits perfectly any of my makeup bags.
I also really like the colors. They are very complimentary so I can mix and match all of them. I used to pack few different pallets when traveling, now I just bring one. I can use the colors to both a day look, or a darker look for night makeup.
The product lasts for a long time, but I'm only not giving it 5 starts because I feel like for the price it should last all day long. It lasts longer if I use an eye shadow primer, though.
Carol A.
Carol A.

I bought this after seeing it on a server and correctly guessing that this is what she'd used. It looked so pretty - subtle yet striking that I decided to buy it for myself. It's great for mature skin and blends well. This is a great palette for travel and also a great use-alone or in conjunction with a pop of colour and/or shimmery shadow/s. The only disappointment of this for me is that the black shade seems to easily smudge and run with my often watery eyes. I often use the palette for more than just eyeshadow - especially when traveling. The lightest colour makes a good highlighter for the cheeks and the two browns mixed together work well as a brow colour for my brown hair. All in all, a great little palette.
Sameen B.
Sameen B.
Milton, Ontario

If you are looking for an everyday eyeshadow pallet, then this one is for you! I absolutely love this pallet, I use it almost everyday. The colours are perfect for an every day look and I love how you can use it for a simple day time look and night time look by adding a little bit of the black shadow. Another reason why this pallet is amazing, is for the black shadow, it is by far the most pigmented black eyeshadows I own. The colours blend out very nicely and are very pigmented! I also love how it comes with one shade that has shimmer, it works great as an inner corner highlight and even for the brow bone! Overall, this is a great pallet and you definitely get your moneys worth out it!
Kyley S.
Kyley S.
Pittsburgh, PA

Which do you prefer the original Naked basics or Naked2 basics?
Koryn T.
Koryn T.

Is this pallet worth the price?
Alexis L.
Alexis L.
Louisville, CO

Is this a good palette for a beginner to use? Would you recommend any other beginner palettes?
Deanna L.
Deanna L.

Is the pallet pigmented?
Amelia D.
Amelia D.
Kentwood, MI

Is Venus too shimmery for a brow highlight?

Join Now