Add a Photo

Photos (424)
Kylie Q.
Kylie Q.
Providence, RI

Honestly, I did not touch this for the longest time because I just did not bother with eyeshadow in general. I recently wanted a more polished and complete makeup look, though, so I gave this a try. For those who like a more simple look, this is amazing! I use it everyday for a subtle look but sometimes I pair it with a glittery shadow for a bolder look. You get a fair amount of product in each pan and a large mirror which is great for on-the-go application. It's my favorite palette to travel with because it is just so convenient. Venus looks like it has a slight shimmer to it, but it is so subtle I can't be sure. Foxy is not pigmented AT ALL. It blends into my skin when I swatch it on my arm, so I use it mostly as a base under the sparkley shadows. WOS is a bit more pigmented with a slight bit of apricot color to it. If I am only wearing shadows from this palette, this is my go-to lid color. Naked 2 is the perfect taupey crease color. It blends out so well and gives a subtle depth. While the first three left a bit to be desired in the pigment department, the darkest 2 all the way to the right are definitely pretty pigmented. Faint is a cool-toned medium brown that works as well for a crease color on bold days as it does for an outer V color on subtle days. Crave is the matte black color that works so well for the outer V! It blends so well that I never worry about it being harsh even if I do accidentally use too much. Overall, I'd say don't expect super pigmentation from every shadow. It is great for those who love more natural eye looks. I personally really like this palette.
Madison U.
Madison U.
Athens, GA

Kim M.
Kim M.

I absolutely love this palette and have hit pan on Foxy and will soon hit pan on Naked 2. The shades work perfectly together and have everything you need for a subtle day to day look. I used this palette alone for months with Foxy as my highlight, Naked 2 as a transition shade, Faint in my outer v, and Crave as a powder liner. This palette is great as both a standalone and to add some staple matte shades into your collection. I'm not a fan of the shade Venus and rarely use it because when I reach for this palette it is because I want mattes, but I suppose it would be good to add some dimension to a look. Once I hit pan on Foxy I was afraid that I would have to buy a replacement just for one shade, but I now am getting low on many shades and will rebuy soon. I use a lot of Foxy because in addition to as a shadow I sometimes apply it over my undereye concealer to brighten the area up because I have such dark circles. Every single shadow in this palette has great pigmentation and blends so easily. The packaging is also fabulous. My Naked 2 palette fell and some shadows came out and shattered, but this palette is much more sturdy and well designed. It is lightweight and small enough to travel with and the mirror is large enough to make it possible to do an entire eye look with just this product and a few brushes. The palette is also very reasonably priced and easy to get your hands on.
A M.
A M.

This is a really nice everyday palette.

The formula of the shadows goes on smoothly and stay on really good. I have oily lids and typically wear all my shadows with the Urban Decay primer however; I can actually wear these shadows without the primer and it will stay put for about 6 hrs before creasing a little.

Love the colors of this palette except for "Faint" its more of a muddy brown on me (I have a fair complexion). My favorite is W.O.S. it is a pretty soft color that is a perfect lid color if your going for a natural look. Venus is a good highlighter. Foxy is another good neutral lid color with warmer undertones. Naked 2 is a very light brown that works well in the crease.
Crave can double as an eyeliner if wetted which is really nice or if you need more shadowing/depth to your look this works well.

Overall your could do basic everyday makeup with this one palette, I love carrying this when I travel as I can use just this palette with some mascara and blush and good for the day. Great minimalist makeup!
Megan B.
Megan B.
Foothill Rnch, CA

I have this one and let me tell you it took forever for me to fully appreciate how useful it is. It sat neglected. Foxy and W.O.S. are perfect base colors. So is Naked 2 but I prefer it for a transition shade. Venus is aperfect highlight sahde for the brow bone and the only shimmer in the kit. Faint can beused in any smoky eye or in any natural eye. I honestly have used Crave omce but it would make a great liner. I can make several different nude looks with this and a smokey eye easily. I actually use this with other palettes that are lacking some basic neutrals. Its $29 but honestly it has many uses. It fills in the gaps left by other palettes and you get some of the best neutral shades Urban Decay has to offer without having to buy them as singles which two would cost you just as much. Frankly once I got my Gwen Palette and a few other shadows for Christmas I realized how much this was needed. I got to this everythime for a base color, I use it a lot for a highlight, and transition shade as well.
Kennedy J.
Kennedy J.
Kitchener, Ontario

Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics Palette- I absolutely adore this palette, it has the perfect shades and amount of shine vs matte options. I was originally looking at the larger Naked palettes but thought to myself that there are way too many options that I'm most likely never going to use specific ones so I feel thats a waste, but pretty much 90% of the options are all shiny and not matte. I pretty much prefer matte over sparkle, and I hate spending a lot of money on something that I don't use and feel that I threw that money away. So I started leaning away from the palette all together. Then I saw the basics palette and it just made my day because the spectrum is the perfect balance of lighter vs darker browns, majority of them are matte, and they are all ones that I would use regularly. Not only that but the quality of the powder is amazing, it doesn't bunch up at the crease of your eye and its not flakey so doesn't wear off. I highly recommend the Naked 2 Basics palette for literally anyone.
Michelle P.
Michelle P.

If you're a matte shadow kinda gal, on a budget or have been wanting to try out Urban Decay famously pigmented eyeshadow this would be a good start. The colors are versatile and would fit most skin tones. The color Venus is an amazing highlight shade for the inner conner and if you're the kind of person who uses shimmery colors for the brow bone then this would be amazing for that too. The next color next to Venus is Foxy which match my skin tone (I'm light-medium with neutral undertone) perfectly. This is a great shadow to use to set my eye prime. Next one is W.O.S. this is a great all-over lid color to use as a base to help blending later on. The color Naked 2 is an awesome transition shade. Because the color is so soft you can build it to your liking. Faint is a great color to get that really glamorous smoky eye. Add this color to the outer v to get that definition. The color Crave is just your basic matte black. Could never go wrong with that. Overall I would repurchase this.
Kathleen Y.
Kathleen Y.

I love this palette. This was the first high end purchase I ever made and I used this palette everyday for a year. It's perfect to pair with a very shimmery palette (like any of the naked palettes), makeup beginners, or a natural makeup look. It's also super sleek and compact which makes it ideal to travel with. The closure is more secure than the naked palette which also makes it great to travel with. There's a nice highlight shade which is good for the inter corner/brow bone. I usually used WOS and foxy as colours to set my primer. I love naked 2 as a crease/transition colour. I use faint and crave as a mixture in my eyebrows. I have pretty much completely used up this palette. The only cons of this palette are that I don't think it's necessary to have foxy and WOS and I wish they only had one of those two colours and replaced it with another crease colour. The colour crave is also chalky and doesn't blend as well or have the greatest pigment.
Jacqueline H.
Jacqueline H.
Buffalo, NY

I've heard mixed reviews about this palette when it first came out, with some saying that the shadows were powdery and not pigmented. Although I do agree that these are not the highest quality or most buttery shadows, I can however say that I do enjoy using this and it is one of my most used palettes. I find the Naked Basics palette to be extremely versatile, whether to use by itself for an all matte eye look or in combination with another palette if you were to ever need a blending shade or a matte deeper brown in the outer V. The black is quite dark and can be used to set a liquid liner and although I do not love the shade 'Venus' for highlighting in the inner tear ducts I find that it makes for a great highlight on the face. Also great for traveling as it is quite slim and has a decent size mirror!
Ashleen M.
Ashleen M.
Delta, British Columbia

A friend of mine gave me this pallet for my birthday and I only recently started wearing makeup on a daily basis. I started out with just the basics - foundation, powder, concealer, and eyeliner. I wasn't entirely comfortable doing eye makeup because I thought I would do it "wrong." This pallet is great because it was basic pallet with nude colours. It's a great start out pallet because these colours are quite muted (especially for me since I have dark skin) if you make an error its hard to notice. I use this pallet daily. All the colours are matte and very pretty. These colours are good for daytime looks and can be quickly changed from daytime to nighttime by adding a little black in the crease and using the one shimmer colour which is amazing! Easy to use and it's an unintimidating pallet.
Kyley S.
Kyley S.
Pittsburgh, PA

Which do you prefer the original Naked basics or Naked2 basics?
Koryn T.
Koryn T.

Is this pallet worth the price?
Alexis L.
Alexis L.
Louisville, CO

Is this a good palette for a beginner to use? Would you recommend any other beginner palettes?
Deanna L.
Deanna L.

Is the pallet pigmented?
Amelia D.
Amelia D.
Kentwood, MI

Is Venus too shimmery for a brow highlight?

Join Now