Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette uploaded by Angie M.Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette uploaded by Coli K.Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette uploaded by Coli K.See all 487 photos
2 colors available

BY URBAN DECAY #16 in Eyeshadow Palettes

Urban Decay Naked Basics Beauty Shop by Category - Makeup see more...

• Do the shadows last a while?Definitely, I think if anythin... 1 Answers
Kylie Q.
Kylie Q.
Arnaudville, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Honestly, I did not touch this for the longest time because I just did not bother with eyeshadow in general. I recently wanted a more polished and complete makeup look, though, so I gave this a try. For those who like a more simple look, this is amazing! I use it everyday for a subtle look but sometimes I pair it with a glittery shadow for a bolder look. You get a fair amount of product in each pan and a large mirror which is great for on-the-go application. It's my favorite palette to travel with because it is just so convenient. Venus looks like it has a slight shimmer to it, but it is so subtle I can't be sure. Foxy is not pigmented AT ALL. It blends into my skin when I swatch it on my arm, so I use it mostly as a base under the sparkley shadows. WOS is a bit more pigmented with a slight bit of apricot color to it. If I am only wearing shadows from this palette, this is my go-to lid color. Naked 2 is the perfect taupey crease color. It blends out so well and gives a subtle depth. While the first three left a bit to be desired in the pigment department, the darkest 2 all the way to the right are definitely pretty pigmented. Faint is a cool-toned medium brown that works as well for a crease color on bold days as it does for an outer V color on subtle days. Crave is the matte black color that works so well for the outer V! It blends so well that I never worry about it being harsh even if I do accidentally use too much. Overall, I'd say don't expect super pigmentation from every shadow. It is great for those who love more natural eye looks. I personally really like this palette.
Heather H.
Heather H.
Wyomissing, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I really like this palette, however I'm only giving it 4 stars because I think the colors are actually too basic, if that makes any sense. All of these colors, although maybe not exactly, are included in so many other "naked" or "nude" palettes. It was my very first UD Naked palette and we all have to start somewhere ;) With that being said, there's nothing wrong with it. The pigmentation and color payoff is good. There's a bit of fall out but that's with many eyeshadows - I just place a powder puff below my eye as I do my eyeshadow or use a very soft bristled face brush to quickly dust it off. I think it's a great palette to start with, if you're just beginning to get the hang of eye makeup. I do really like mixing the dark brown and black together to use as eyeliner.
Melissa R.
Melissa R.
Pharr, TX
The shadows are pigmented and are very soft and buttery. Easy to blend. Some reviewers that state the colors are too sheer, i disagree. The colors are more intense if you use a good eye primer first and if you really want more intense pigmentation instead of applying the color with a brush I use my fingers to pack the color on which works well. I have fair skin but I'm usually very tan and the colors show up well on both skin shades for me. The only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is because its pretty expensive and has quite a bit of fallout (mainly only when applying though and not after i finish my makeup) I also dont think it lasts on my eyes as long as some of my other eye shadows but i do still really like the pallette.
Crystal D.
Crystal D.
rogers, ar
March 19, 2016, 4:50 p.m.
Review for: Urban Decay Naked Basics
While Urban Decay is my favorite brand of cosmetics this one just did not make the mark. The price is a bit on the high side, but compared to the Naked pallets it seemed like a good buy, more so because I wanted more matte shades. I picked this up and during the first few uses I noticed that the shadows were very smooth but were very dry and crumbling. The fallout was insane and after I applied them I found it hard to blend due to how it kind of just stuck in place. Needless to say I took it back the next day and exchanged it for a Lorac pallet that I am in love with, grabbed UD Pulp fiction pallet to that had similar shades but it is like a million times better than the naked basics. With Urban Decay it can be hit or miss.
Jodi B.
Jodi B.
Oneida, Tn
I'm an eye shadow palette hoarder. I love them. I never buy eyeshadow singles because I love the value and versatility of palettes. And out of all my beloved palette collection, this is the one I could not do without. It's incredible the versatility and buttery soft, pigmented power behind this little gem. Day time look, natural look, evening out; everything you need is in this one palette. The matte colors are perfect and so smooth. Like butter. And the black color is the most beautiful eyeliner I e ever used. I just dampen the end of a liner brush, and it's the best pure black eyeliner I've got. The colors are absolutely universally flattering, and they photograph beautifully.
Chelsea A.
Chelsea A.
San Diego, CA
Buy it. You need it. It won't blow your socks off and leave you looking like Kim Kardashian hitting the runway, but for a solid, everyday option that is classy and classic, this palette is your friend. My skin tone is tan/olive (mixed-race black + white) and my roommates are white + blonde as well as Asian with fair skin and dark hair. These colors work on everyone. I will say that the palette tends a bit more grey than I like (I prefer something more taupe/brown/peach), but I have been able to do so many versatile looks just with this palette that I'd buy it again. Whether you're looking for an everyday office look or a girl's night out smokey eye, Naked Basics has you covered!
Anna M.
Anna M.
June 1, 2016, 5:33 p.m.
Review for: Urban Decay Naked Basics
This small little beauty is great to use on its on or in conjunction with another palette like the urban decay electric palette. It contains 5 matte colors and 1 shimmery color and has that amazing urban decay shadow texture. Yes its an eye palette but if you are pale you can get away with using naked 2(the taupe color 4 colors in from the left) as your contour and Venus(the first shade on the left and the only shimmery shadow) as a great highlight. I did that before i really got into highlighting and contouring and it worked great. But seriously its always great to have a nice neutral mostly matte palette, especially when it contains both warm and cool toned colors.
Jacob v.
Jacob v.
Oct. 6, 2016, 5:48 p.m.
Review for: Urban Decay Naked Basics
tiene un lugar exclusivo para maquillaje y este esta entre ellos. el mejor maquillaje que mi esposa se ha puesto, ha sido con estos, productos, yo complacido le compro cada vez que me pide ya que queda hermosa. a mi esposa le fascinan

el mejor maquillaje que mi esposa se ha puesto, ha sido con estos, productos, yo complacido le compro cada vez que me pide ya que queda hermosa. a mi esposa le fascinan. cada vez que puede compra uno mas, aunque ya tenga, le encantan estos productos, han superado las expectativas.

El que quiera comenzar con maquillaje profesional para su uso diario, tenga en mente que este producto es uno de los que debería comprar
Marcela R.
Marcela R.
This is such a great palette for travel & if you're curious about what the big deal is with these UD Naked palettes are. The colors are really perfect for day to night. The formula is creamy, with little fall out, the pigment is great, the colors are all so blendable & the amount of looks you can achieve is amazing, from this small palette. The Basics palette has become my go-to gift for everyone from my friends, to my 16 yr old daughters, friends. I even get them for my son's friends, that are girls having birthday's. He's 14 & the girls love getting them! This is a perfect palette if you want just what it says..Basics!
lexi k.
lexi k.
Sept. 28, 2016, 6:03 p.m.
Review for: Urban Decay Naked Basics
I think $29 for 6 shadows is a little pricey. Even though I love urban decay products this was a miss for me. There's only two shadows of its kind a naked back to basics palette one of the naked basics palette two I think they cater to only the lighter skin tones even though I am a light skin tone but you can't really find anything for the darker all of you skintones I think that's not practical in the naked basics one pallet there are five Matt shades and one shimmer shade. I think for the shimmer shade to have its max pigmentation You have to use it wet. And to me that's just not worth the hype of this pallet for $29
Kyley S.
Kyley S.
Pittsburgh, PA
Which do you prefer the original Naked basics or Naked2 basics?
Koryn T.
Koryn T.
Is this pallet worth the price?
Alexis L.
Alexis L.
Louisville, CO
Is this a good palette for a beginner to use? Would you recommend any other beginner palettes?
Deanna L.
Deanna L.
Is the pallet pigmented?
Amelia D.
Amelia D.
Kentwood, MI
Is Venus too shimmery for a brow highlight?