BY URBAN DECAY #53 in Eyeshadow Palettes

Our first MATTE palette, featuring six gorgeously Naked neutrals to build on or wear alone—including four never-before-seen shades. Naked Basics is more than just the long-awaited, multipurpose MATTE companion to Naked. It's the palette EVERY woman needs in her beauty arsenal. With six stripped-down, Nakedly neutral shadows, it has everything you need for the perfect neutral matte eye—including four totally new and exclusive shades.

Use these shadows to contour, line and highlight to create the right amount of definition for any occasion. Or for the days when you're craving more color, pair them with your fiercest, boldest shadows. Richer than other mattes, the color goes on with a smooth, luxe finish (never chalky or powdery). There's even one demi-matte shade, Venus, which has the tiniest touch of satin—perfect for highlighting and adding dimension.

While this palette is small, we loaded it with full-size shadow pans, just like our other Naked palettes. Every shade features our Pigment Infusion System™, a vehicle for color that holds tightly to pigment and gives the formula its glide. The proprietary blend of ingredients allows color to weave itself through the Eyeshadow formula. What does all that mean? Insane color payout. Color that stays on your lids. Sparkle that doesn’t fall. And velvety, suede-like smoothness and blendability.

It all comes in a sleek compact (embossed with a pretty, metallic 'NAKED' on the front) that has a slight sheen and a suede-like feel that practically begs to be touched. (Hello…how gorgeous will THAT look coming out of your bag?!) Best of all, the slim design is perfect for travel—so you’ll never have to be without these must-have shades.

What you see is what you get: Venus (soft, off-white demi-matte), Foxy (cream bisque matte), Walk of Shame (very light nude matte), Naked2 (taupe matte), Faint (warm, dusty brown matte) and Crave (deepest, darkest brown/black matte).

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Boron Nitride.

Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Zinc Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, PTFE.

Talc, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Zinc Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, PTFE.

All Shades May Contain:

CI 77019 (Mica), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines).

• Is this a good palette for a beginner to use? Would you recommend...30 Answers
  • Is this pallet worth the price?38 Answers
  • Is it better to buy this to begin with than the  Urban Decay Nake...3 Answers
Stephanie N.
Independence, MO
After purchasing this from ulta, I am in love! I feel like I didn’t need to buy the whole palette, these work great! The lightest shade is a great base and you have a few transition shades with a perfect matte ultra black shadow, which makes the eyes pop. I use this on my sister in law who has hooded eyes and she loved the look! The shadow has minimal fallout, stays on great and looks amazing. Definitely recommend to beauty addicts or beginners. These shades work for anyone!
Jay 💖.
This palette is pretty nice. Not my exact cup of tea,but that's my own preference. I'm not huge on the basic looks,though I will say that I do like the palette. It's really good for travelling,I can just take it and a shimmery eyeshadow and be on my way. The colors are blendable and light,but can be built up. I really love the rubber feeling of the packaging,and the convenience. I just don't like the colors for all the time,so I passed this on to my mother so it would be shown love. My mom is in her late 40's though,and wears mostly neutral eyes,and she loves this palette to death and uses it all the time.
Lexi A.
Plainville, CT
This is the perfect palette. I LOVE Urban Decay shadows, I think they blend beautiful and they go on flawlessly. This palette is the perfect shade range for every day looks. It can also be turned into smokey, more dramatic looks for evening wear. I personally love taking the black shade crave and using a liner brush to put it as eyeliner. It's small enough for traveling, and there's a handy mirror inside too. You can travel with small brushes, or even use your finger tips if you wanted to have minimal baggage. This is my go to palette for every day occasions.
Gillian V.
I absolutely love this palette. I do own all the Naked palettes and I was really interested in this Naked Basics palette. It is PERFECT for every day wear! The shadows are so buttery soft and easy to blend, it makes for such a fast and beautiful eye look on any early mornings. I love to put foxy all over my lid, and WOS & Naked 2 in my crease, and if I want to go *slightly* darker I will put Faint in my outer corner. Really looks so beautiful! add a little mascara and you have a gorgeous eye look!
Leanna W.
A great beginner palette and definitely recommend for starting a kit, whether it be for personal or professional use. It has basic shades that are vital for blending as well and a nice cream highlight shade. Good for people who aren't into dramatic eye makeup and just want a bit of emphasis or something extra. However, it is definitely easy to create a daytime look and transition it to a nighttime look with the darker colors. Overall pretty good. The shadows are pigmented and are long wearing. It really is a perfect staple palette.
Jennifer L.
The best little travel size, just the basics, multi-use palette a girl can buy! I always keep this with me because it can be used as eyeshadow, for brows, I’ve even used it to highlight and contour in a pinch. It blends beautifully and lasts forever! I’m currently on my second one, and almost ready to buy another because I use it so much! 🙌🏻🙌🏻Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette🙌🏻
Olivia M.
Minden, LA
This was the first eyeshadow palette I ever bought and I still use it.  I've completely hit pan on the first three shades.  They are such good transition shades and nice for an everyday eye look.  The brown shade is my go-to brown.  It's the perfect shade because it can be subtle and can build it up for a smoky eye.  I like the black okay.  It has a bit of shimmer in it so it can be a little patchy. Overall, great palette, especially for the price.
Joanna P.
Although this palette looks super basic and not that exciting, if you are looking for a natural, everyday look this product is perfect for you. For $29 you are getting great color payoff and blendable colors that are found in other Urban Decay Naked palettes.
Without splurging on one of their more expensive, full palettes, this one has great colors you can you everyday. I usually use FOXY, the yellowish color as a base and use NAKED 2 in my crease. Then, I put VENUS in my inner corner and under the brow bone and boom I am done. If I want a slightly darker look, I do the same steps except add FAINT to my outer crease and I get a brown smoky eye effect. You can even go full smoky eye with this palette, however I do not typically wear too dark of colors.

This palette is small and portable and you can easily slide it into your purse for touch ups when you are on the go. I recommend you buy it!
Sheela V.
Smaller palette. Wish I had gone with the first basics? I am using this and like it for a great every day taupey look, but I find there is more fall out/shadows are powdery than I would like. I'll definitely hit pan quickly on the lightest shade. One reason I have always avoided palettes - always use up the light colors and then am stuck with a bunch of dark browns/blacks. Like I said, I like a minimal makeup look.
Allyson K.
Brewerton, NY
I just bought this product the other day and I can say for the price it does a great job. It was a little more expensive than what I would normally spend on a pallet, but the colors are AMAZING! I am always searching for a more natural eyeshadow look and can never find a color combo in a pallet that allows me to look a little more “natural”. This pallet does just that. Highly recommend!
Kyley S.
Pittsburgh, PA
Which do you prefer the original Naked basics or Naked2 basics?
Koryn T.
Is this pallet worth the price?
Alexis L.
Louisville, CO
Is this a good palette for a beginner to use? Would you recommend any other beginner palettes?
Deanna L.
Is the pallet pigmented?
Amelia D.
Kentwood, MI
Is Venus too shimmery for a brow highlight?