Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette

Our first MATTE palette, featuring six gorgeously Naked neutrals to build on or wear alone—including four never-before-seen shades. Naked Basics is more than just the long-awaited, multipurpose MATTE companion to Naked. It's the palette EVERY woman needs in her beauty arsenal. With six stripped-down, Nakedly neutral shadows, it has everything you need for the perfect neutral matte eye—including four totally new and exclusive shades.

Use these shadows to contour, line and highlight to create the right amount of definition for any occasion. Or for the days when you're craving more color, pair them with your fiercest, boldest shadows. Richer than other mattes, the color goes on with a smooth, luxe finish (never chalky or powdery). There's even one demi-matte shade, Venus, which has the tiniest touch of satin—perfect for highlighting and adding dimension.

While this palette is small, we loaded it with full-size shadow pans, just like our other Naked palettes. Every shade features our Pigment Infusion System™, a vehicle for color that holds tightly to pigment and gives the formula its glide. The proprietary blend of ingredients allows color to weave itself through the Eyeshadow formula. What does all that mean? Insane color payout. Color that stays on your lids. Sparkle that doesn’t fall. And velvety, suede-like smoothness and blendability.

It all comes in a sleek compact (embossed with a pretty, metallic 'NAKED' on the front) that has a slight sheen and a suede-like feel that practically begs to be touched. (Hello…how gorgeous will THAT look coming out of your bag?!) Best of all, the slim design is perfect for travel—so you’ll never have to be without these must-have shades.

What you see is what you get: Venus (soft, off-white demi-matte), Foxy (cream bisque matte), Walk of Shame (very light nude matte), Naked2 (taupe matte), Faint (warm, dusty brown matte) and Crave (deepest, darkest brown/black matte).

CRAVE:

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Boron Nitride.

VENUS / FOXY:

Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Zinc Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, PTFE.

WALK OF SHAME / NAKED 2 / FAINT:

Talc, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Zinc Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, PTFE.

All Shades May Contain:

CI 77019 (Mica), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines).

Are these truly pigmented?
I was just wondering is this product work its price and is it good because it’s very pricey and if I buy it it will be a one time?
Are the Urban Decay mini palettes (6 pans) like the Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette worth it in quality and size when compared to the full size palettes?
Start your review of Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette!
Product Highlights
“...transition from a day look to a smokey nighttime look. It contains 6 matte neutral colors that all work well together. The shadows themselves are silky and blend well. This palette is great to travel with since it's small but contains everything you need!” in 1,338 reviews
“...use and small enough to put it in your makeup bag. The colors are highly pigmented and soft. 10/10 would recommend. ” in 1,304 reviews
Phoenixville, PA
Review for: Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette, 0.05 Ounce
Even though the shades are all matte, this is one of the greatest eyeshadow palettes of all time. I hit pan on most of the shades after years of using this. My dog thought this was a snack so he started chewing the case and the mirror broke. I have to get another one.But back to the palette. If you are a fan of neutrals then this is the palette for you. Surprisingly for all matte shadows, they are mature-eye friendly. They don't look ashy or chalky or powdery. The look is light and natural. And the great thing is they are buildable. The darkest shade works wonderfully as an eyeliner. There's nothing to improve upon this but I certainly hope UD does NOT discontinue this palette. Great product. Great price. Overall, an absolute winner. Thank you for reading!
South Amboy, NJ
Review for: Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette
When I saw that Urban Decay was putting out a fully matte palette, I lost it. I don't particularly care for super glittery or shimmery eyeshadow so I usually hesitate before buying a full palette. I jumped on buying this right away and I pretty much use it every single day for a softer daytime work look. The color selection is gorgeous and the lightest color has a satin finish so works great as a base/highlight (although recently I broke out a Maybelline shadow single in a glimmery taupe to use as my base). I use the darkest color Undone with an eyeliner brush.
Oklahoma City, OK
Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette uploaded by Ashton E.
Purchased at: ULTA
Review for: Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette
I love this pallette for a variety of reasons. First, it blends really well and makes a nice every day eye shadow. Also, the black shade is great for an easy application of eye liner it it smudges less. I use the shimmery white shade as a highlighter and inner eye brightener. Lastly, and my favorite reason, I use the darker brown shade as my eyebrow filler!! It blends so nicely and doesn’t bring too much attention to my brows. I love this product and will always keep it stocked. The featured picture only shows the product applied to my brows.
Cincinnati
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette, 0.05 Ounce
I don’t even have to rate this; everyone knows urban decay has great products despite the price. Obviously the only thing I would change is the price. This is my everyday eyeshadow, and it lasts forever. I even use this in my eyebrows when I’m out of pencil to blend. What’s great about this color palette is that it is the versatile. Many uses, and lasts many years. It’s better to spend the money and have something reliable than to buy cheap and not have the makeup when you need it.
Brooklyn, NY
Review for: Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette
If you want a clean, neutral palette, then this is the one for you! I like it because I can do from day to night without much of a struggle. The pigmentation is awesome as with all UD palettes, and the fallout is minimum for me. If you want the Naked 1, 2 or 3 - feel free to start with this one, which is inexpensive and easy to work with and not be overwhelmed.
Miami Springs
Review for: Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette, Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette, 0.05 Ounce
Urban decay palettes come with so many beautiful shades that you can mix and match to create beautiful eye looks! It’s so easy to blend and is great quality and it will last you a very long time! It’s great for both day and night time looks and for all the seasons! These basics will always be needed!
614 York St.
Review for: Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette, 0.05 Ounce
I was initially gifted this for my birthday one year and after I basically finished the entire brown colors, I had to get another one. This is my go-to pallette and I hardly wear make up on a daily basis. The first two colors on the pallette are a bit too pale for me, but the browns are a must.
Plain City, OH
Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette uploaded by Allison N.
Purchased at: Macy's
Review for: Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette, 0.05 Ounce
Hard to go wrong with basic colors. The pigmentation is great and doesn’t wear off easily. One on my favorite black shadows to use. Old trustie and the blend ability is spectacular. Urban decay has really dependable palettes.
Edinboro
Review for: Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette, 0.05 Ounce
This makeup palette has the most awesome colors in amazing tones for a rich warmth look. It goes with everything i wear! I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants an amazing long lasting pigmented shadow for a good price! I will continue to buy these naked palettes.
Nashville, TN
Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette uploaded by Husna D.
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette
This is a really simple but beautiful palette. I use this for a lot of things. I like to use venus as an inner corner shade for my eyes. I like to use foxy as a pressed powder. And the other 4 shades i like to use for a smoky eye look.

815 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Vancouver, BC
4 months ago
Stephanie M. • 4 months ago
They are good quality shadows but I think I paid $29 for it so I think the full sized palettes are more worth the price. Also I believe all the shades are matte so there is not a lot of variety