Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette

Our first MATTE palette, featuring six gorgeously Naked neutrals to build on or wear alone—including four never-before-seen shades. Naked Basics is more than just the long-awaited, multipurpose MATTE companion to Naked. It's the palette EVERY woman needs in her beauty arsenal. With six stripped-down, Nakedly neutral shadows, it has everything you need for the perfect neutral matte eye—including four totally new and exclusive shades.

Use these shadows to contour, line and highlight to create the right amount of definition for any occasion. Or for the days when you're craving more color, pair them with your fiercest, boldest shadows. Richer than other mattes, the color goes on with a smooth, luxe finish (never chalky or powdery). There's even one demi-matte shade, Venus, which has the tiniest touch of satin—perfect for highlighting and adding dimension.

While this palette is small, we loaded it with full-size shadow pans, just like our other Naked palettes. Every shade features our Pigment Infusion System™, a vehicle for color that holds tightly to pigment and gives the formula its glide. The proprietary blend of ingredients allows color to weave itself through the Eyeshadow formula. What does all that mean? Insane color payout. Color that stays on your lids. Sparkle that doesn’t fall. And velvety, suede-like smoothness and blendability.

It all comes in a sleek compact (embossed with a pretty, metallic 'NAKED' on the front) that has a slight sheen and a suede-like feel that practically begs to be touched. (Hello…how gorgeous will THAT look coming out of your bag?!) Best of all, the slim design is perfect for travel—so you’ll never have to be without these must-have shades.

What you see is what you get: Venus (soft, off-white demi-matte), Foxy (cream bisque matte), Walk of Shame (very light nude matte), Naked2 (taupe matte), Faint (warm, dusty brown matte) and Crave (deepest, darkest brown/black matte).

CRAVE:

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Boron Nitride.

VENUS / FOXY:

Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Zinc Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, PTFE.

WALK OF SHAME / NAKED 2 / FAINT:

Talc, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Zinc Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, PTFE.

All Shades May Contain:

CI 77019 (Mica), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines).

What’s your favorite Naked palette? I absolutely loved the Wild West one! 💓🤩
Is this a good?
The black one is pigmented?
Start your review of Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette!
Product Highlights
...transition from a day look to a smokey nighttime look. It contains 6 matte neutral colors that all work well together. The shadows themselves are silky and blend well. This palette is great to travel with since it's small but contains everything you need!in reviews
...use and small enough to put it in your makeup bag. The colors are highly pigmented and soft. 10/10 would recommend. in reviews
Howard Beach, NY
Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette uploaded by Jennifer O.
Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette uploaded by Jennifer O.
My absolute go-to for every single day. The colors ate very complementary to my skin tone. They are easy to blend and look very smooth. The palette is made very well and its durable and small enough to carry in your purse. Doubles as a mirror too! As you can see in my photo, i use it a lot. The “faint” color, i use to fill in my eyebrows as well.
Fayetteville, GA
Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette uploaded by Its_denijah C.
This is one of the first eyeshadow palettes ever given to me by my best friend in high school I love this naked eyeshadow palette so much, whenever I’m in a rush and I just want a simple eye look I pulled his palette out it is still one of my favorite pallets today and I’ve had it for a very long time but it stays in my make up bag
Chula Vista, CA
Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette uploaded by MANDY K.
This palette is one of my favorites to travel with! It's compact and the case is sturdy. The colors are buttery, super bendable and makes it easy to create sophisticated looks. This is definitely a "basics" palette with 5 matte shades from a light vanilla color to jet black and a shimmery highlight makes up this collection. They are highly pigmented and complimentary to all skin tones. It's not a palette that offers a lot of creativity, instead being about a the essentials, which I can absolutely appreciate being someone who travels often! The price point I think, is great. You can get this at Ulta, Sephora, or Urban Decay directly for about $29.
Germantown, MD
Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette uploaded by Elizabeth O.
Review for: Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette, Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette, 0.05 Ounce
I've had the same Naked Basics palette for YEARS, and it is still my go-to! I keep it in my purse and I always use at least part of it as the base for any eye look. The two matte light shades also match my skin tone well, so if I find part of my foundation has slipped off, I blot with a paper and then tap the two shadows gently onto the spot that needs correcting. It lasts all day with primer, and blends beautifully.
Manchester, NH
Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette uploaded by Kelsey H.
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette, 0.05 Ounce
This is a palette that is good for a lazy day where you want something but not too much. It’s simple. But it’s diverse at the same time. It’s easy to apply. Unfortunately, it doesn’t come with a bush like the other palettes do. But this is also a great palette to help blend. That’s mostly what I use it for. I use it in conjunction with my other naked palettes. Venus is also a great highlighting color!
I have fallen in love with Urban Decay products throughout the time I have shopped high end makeup and their eyeshadow palettes are so incredible I definitely feel they are growing to become my favorites. So the $29 price point is great because I always divide out the number of products in the kit by the price and when divided out that is $4.83 per eye shadow; this is actually a better value than shopping for drugstore makeup as most of the time drugstore eyeshadows are around that price anyways so if you are new to high end makeup and have the $29 plus tax to purchase the Naked Basics palette, I would. In the long run you're paying about the same as drugstore eye shadows but are getting such a highly pigmented matte shadow that the money is well worth it! If you like nude shades and want an eyeshadow palette that is tiny, sleek, and perfect for day or night, I would say this is a great value. This palette comes with six matte eyeshadows in shades Venus, Foxy, WOS, Naked 2, Faint, and Crave and those shades go from lightest to Crave being a matte black. I usually use WOS as a highlight along my brow bone and Naked 2 on my lid and blend Faint into my crease when I am just running errands are doing anything that is more conservative. At nighttime or if I am going out or to a special event I would rather put Crave in my crease and blend as it definitely gives my eyes a more dramatic look and I pair it with a nude lip. If I have to work I just use WOS on my brow bone and Naked 2 on my lid and blend. The shadows are so soft, easy to apply, easy to blend, and stay all day, whether I'm just running errands, doing house work or out in the heat, they aren't smudging or moving. I believe this is a great palette for all skin types and different ethnicities as nude shades work for everyone. If you are looking for a small but reliable and well priced nude eyeshadow palette the Naked Basics is for you!
Grandy , NC
Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette uploaded by Michelle C.
Review for: Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette, 0.05 Ounce
This eyeshadow palette has been a staple in my life for years now! The basic colors are perfect when you’re going for a simple look, plus the size is so portable! Have repurchased multiple times! Recommended! 💗 urban decay naked basics eyeshadow palette
Washington D.C.
Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette uploaded by Daria L.
Review for: Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette
Naked basics is a classic! Pigmented etc. the price is a bit too high compared to what’s out there these days. But the packaging remains pleasant and the colors are perfect. It’s lasted a while
Oklahoma City, OK
Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette uploaded by Ashton E.
Purchased at: ULTA
Review for: Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette
I love this pallette for a variety of reasons. First, it blends really well and makes a nice every day eye shadow. Also, the black shade is great for an easy application of eye liner it it smudges less. I use the shimmery white shade as a highlighter and inner eye brightener. Lastly, and my favorite reason, I use the darker brown shade as my eyebrow filler!! It blends so nicely and doesn’t bring too much attention to my brows. I love this product and will always keep it stocked. The featured picture only shows the product applied to my brows.
Columbia, SC
Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette uploaded by ℳargie C.
Purchased at: ULTA
Review for: Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette
This palette is exactly what my dreams are made of, my cool-toned dreams. For some reason, I can't use any actual color on my eyes without looking like either a raccoon or like I have some eye infection. Could be user error, could be that I have only ever bought drugstore eye palettes (for this reason). Anyway. I have been eyeballing this babe for a while. I wear pretty much the same neutral eye look every single day, with only slightly darker brown for special occasions. Very fancy. So I was wondering if it was worth my money when my looks are pretty simple. Well let me tell you. I think it's so worth it. All the colors look great with my coloring ( I never look ill, very impressive!) they blend well. The lightest color is slightly and perfectly shimmery glowy which is perfect for an inner corner pop. so good. The palette is slim and compact while still being sturdy and durable. urban decay naked basics eyeshadow paletteGreat mirror inside. 10/10 would recommend.

836 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Edmonton