BY URBAN DECAY #16 in Eyeshadow

Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow Beauty Shop by Category - Makeup see more...

• How does this look on ??3 Answers
  • Is this a chameleon glitter? Or is a color really accented in the...1 Answers
  • Is there a lot of fall out with these shadows6 Answers
Shante A.
Los Angeles, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I LOVE the moondust eyeshadows. I do not own the individual moondust eyeshadows as the price point is quite expensive, but I do own the Moondust palette, which i think is phenomenal. Obviously, if you hate glitter this eyeshadow is NOT for you, but for someone like me who cannot get enough of glitter (GLITTER ALL THE THINGS!!!) I love this! I would not wear this eyeshadow to places like work or anywhere conservative, but it is a great statement piece for going out. My only issue with this is you do need a tacky base to get the eyeshadow to stick and there is no room for errors. This eyeshadow cannot be blended out, otherwise all the glitter will fall all over your face, this shadow has to be packed on with a flat brush with a tacky base!
Zzion A.
I want to give this product a four because I really like the idea, and the shades; I don't really like the formula. Every time I try to use this either on my eye or swatched on my arm, it came out patchy, like really patchy, and still incredibly feint in most places. After layering you can get it to a really nice finish but I've found that to get it really opaque and beautiful you have to spray your brush with a finishing or setting spray and then layer it on. The one thing I can really say to the benefit of these shadows is the formula is better than the ones in the Moondust palette (which are also beautiful). I would just stick with the Kat Con D metal/foil shadows.
Tuyen N.
tried all moondust colors available (use my sephora points to try the samples) and i think they are beautiful, creamy, pigmented and wear long as well. the finish is hard to explain, like a satin-matte. it is finely milled like a loose pigment when applying. The color i love the most is solstice- the picture of the pressed pigment doest not do it justice. the colors are soooo suitable for day and night. the "3-d metallics" are genius. It gives lovely shimmery-dazzling effect with no large chunks of glitter or particles needed which i say it would be great for a day time glam. the colors are build-able and have different looks wet and dry
Lorena r.
Lomita, CA
Review for: Solstice
I LOVE this eyeshadow! Hands down, one of my all time favorite eyeshadows. I'm giving it four stars because the fall out is pretty bad, and when I first used it, I didn't know I had to use some sort of tacky eye base. A regular eye primer will DEFINITELY not suffice for this, ladies and gents! Get yourself either a liquid to powder eyeshadow (think Josie Maran's coconut water eyeshadow or the new Maybelline color tattoo in the tube) or a glitter primer. But boy oh boy, I get compliments on this sucker every time I wear it. :) This is a picture of me wearing solstice with Josie Maran's coconut water eyeshadow in Beach Sand underneath.
Taira O.
Torrance, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Hands down my new favorite product. I bought the shade "Space Cowboy" and it is SO pretty. It's pigmented and easily blendable and extremely sparkly. What I love about this shade is it appears to be a light sparkly brown but can actually be kinda sheer unlike the other colors, so I can layer it over anything, like I layered it over matte shadows in the attached image. It sparkles the best under direct lighting and it's just beautiful. There's fall out so I suggest applying first before face makeup, but after about 5 hours of wear more fallout happened on my cheeks, so I have to buy a good glitter primer to fix that.
I think my biggest regret with this product is the color I purchased. I got the grey/silver one because I figured silver glitter can go over anything.
I still think I'm correct but this eyeshadow has a 'dirty' quality about it. I like the small glitter/sparkles but when I put it over another color, it 'dirties' up the color. If I wear it by itself, it truly looks like dirt.
I wish I got the purple/pinkish color -- I don't believe that would have produced the same dark/dirty hue.
Another negative is I cannot wear this shade by itself. I can only speak for the silver shade but I wasn't impressed.
Helen P.
I have Solstice, which is a dusky strawberry pink pigment with iridescent/holographic glitter. The pigmentation is incredibly light, but buildable! When light, the pigmentation is barely noticeable but allows the glitter to shine. When built up, the color is a soft metallic pink enhanced by the iridescent shine. Looks great alone or as a top, glittering overlay.

I don't mind the glitter fallout because I think a little sprinkling around your cheekbones compliments the eye makeup. But as much as I love it, I wish there was a way to get all the glitter off my face by the time I go to bed.
Jennifer S.
Yonkers, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I'm a huge fan of Urban Decay eyeshadows to the point that I own a few of their Naked palettes (which are a must buy if you want to play with certain makeup looks). Their Moondust eyeshadow is a personal favorite of mine that I use in my inner corner of my eyes quite often when I do my usual brown smoky eye look so it's good to have their setting spray (or even NYX's setting spray, an affordable favorite of mine) to wet your eyeshadow brush with when you go to dip your brush into this beautiful eyeshadow. If you love glittery eyeshadows, then you'll love this one so do try it out.
Ashley F.
Greer, SC
Review for: Solstice
Hands down my absolutely favorite eyeshadow of all time. Given to me as a gift, I was wary at first because, to be honest, who would think these colors would meld together well? As with all other eyeshadows by Urban, the pigmentation is phenomenal. It works as a playful accent to the inner and outer corners of the eyes for both daytime and nighttime looks. The color almost comes off as a dark neutral on my skin, with the green flecks catching in the light. This was also my first iridescent eyeshadow, which promptly made me want to buy any that I could get my hands on.
Jocelyn H.
Haledon
Beauty Junkie Expert

I love to just dab a bit of this in the center of my lid after completing my shadow look. It's not too much when done that way. If I were younger I would probably be bathing my eyelids in this stuff bc it's gorgeous. But at 34, I find it's a beautiful finisher/topper or subtly applied addition rather than a full on shadow. I get compliments on this shadow when I apply it as described, in a small dab in the center only. Awesome for a girls night out or special event as well! I have applied it heavily in those circumstances and it's so beautiful! Will repurchase!
Pili T.
Veracruz
Do you think is good to all of the skin tones?
sara w.
Brooklyn, NY
These colors are amazing but does this have a lot of fall out?
Diana C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I really want to know if this product looks way better with fix + or is it better with out it just plain & dry ?
Yesi R.
Avon, CT
Beauty Junkie Expert
What is the price for this?
Amber M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is there a lot of fall out with these shadows