Urban Decay Lip Primer Potion uploaded by Hallie K.Urban Decay Lip Primer Potion uploaded by Natasha B.Urban Decay Lip Primer Potion uploaded by Intan H.

BY URBAN DECAY #81 in Face Primer

Urban Decay Lip Primer Potion Beauty Shop by Category - Makeup see more...

• Is this really necessary? Why should I use this product?3 Answers
  • How well does this work?1 Answers
  • What exactly does this do to the lips? I’m new to make up1 Answers
Urban Decay Lip Primer Potion
  • "when u put it on it makes it so it doesn't seep in and lip stick is easy to take off and also it makes the color just POP AND last longer this is one of my favorite urban decay products." in 3 reviews
  • "Not even a little bit actually." in 1 review
  • "It makes the color of whatever lipstick I'm using last for a long time and the color stands out a lot more" in 1 review
Julianna P.
Laredo, TX
I use this product personally and in my pro kit and I love it. It really helps extend the life of lip color far beyond what it would without Ultimate Ozone. When you first apply it, yes it does have a bit of a tight or drier feeling to it, but I certainly would not call it uncomfortable, nor would I say that this product dries my lips out. I do condition my lips prior to going to bed but I have been using this product personally for a couple of months and I cannot imagine going without it ever again! A definite staple! My only real complaint...that darn lid is a bit tricky to get to stay on. Once I start sharpening it, it does get a bit easier I've noticed.
Blanca T.
Murrieta, CA
This product is great. Wish I had known about lipstick primer 20+ yrs ago when I started using lipstick. Bottom line it will smooth out your lipstick - which will enhance the color (give a more sophisticated look), makes it last a lot longer than without it, and ultimately saves you money, you won't use as much lipstick by constantly re-applying. The primer helps the lipstick color stay on as you drink coffee, snacks, talking all day, etc. -- it's a must have if you want to not worry about whether you still have lipstick on or not. You will have to re-apply after eating meals though, it's not magic :)
Shaun S.
Detroit, MI
The Urban Decay Lip Primer Potion is a company favorite of mine. Though they are a little on the pricey side, especially this product. While I did like it and it helped to make my lipsticks last longer, for the price I'm not sure I would buy again. It doesn't glide on smoothly which is a con especially for something going on your lips. A pro would definitely be the packaging which Urban Decay is known for. Again for the price versus the outcome I wouldn't buy again.
Kaitlin S.
Charlottesville, VA
Got this a few years ago and love it. It lasts longer than I expected but if you use it everyday it might go quicker. I got it because I was tired of putting concealer on my lips (drying and Cakey) to get my lips to have a more muted color to take lipstick truer. Well this is not drying and it is very smooth. It's like a lipstick lip liner as it makes the color go on better and more vibrant.
Rebecca S.
Brownsboro , TX
Before trying this product, I had never even considered using a lip primer before. What difference could it possibly make?
As it turns out, every bit of difference!
It applies like a lip liner, you just line an fill in your lips. Then apply whatever type of lip makeup you fancy and you're good to go. Lipsticks last longer and don't crease or settle into lip lines. This is a must have!
Gillian W.
los angeles
Lip primer is one of those products that doesn't really seem necessary, but then you use it, and then you realize that there actually is a point. It's easy to apply and keeps lipstick on for longer, but it's just one of those things that I don't consider essential. Urban Decay is Leaping Bunny certified and a great choice for those who prefer cruelty-free products.
Ali J.
Sherman, TX
I almost daily wear a bold lip and this is the absolute best primer I have used. It's hydrating and smooth while still holding up. It left a slight shimmer on me which I was worried about at first but settled after a few minutes. My personal recommendation would be to apply then wait about five minutes before applying lipstick. 10/10 will absolutely buy again.
Brandi A.
Beauty Junkie Expert
LOVEEEEEE all things UD! It's seriously a crime not to prime, is what I always say. I prime my face, lids, and lips. It's so so extremely important. This UD primer is great for making soft, smooth lips. Don't spend a lot of money on good looking lipsticks without this primer! Get the best out of your products and get this so your lipsticks look flawless!
Alicia A.
I liked the product but it was not entirely for me. I compared it to a Mary Kay brand, and I will admit Urban Decay in my mind is better. It does last for a good amount of time. It i affordable but I personally would not buy it again. If you use primer a lot I would recommend it, but if you are like me and don't really use it, then it is not necessary.
Nina S.
As I've been searching for a good while on a lip primer. I came across this one. I thought why not, I'll give it a try. And thank goodness I didn't let this one pass by. As it really last all day and for long hours. It helps my lipsticks and lip glosses last and last. This is one I will stick with. This is definitely my go to. Yeay !!
Kayce S.
Anderson, SC
What exactly is this supposed to do?
Janel B.
Quincy, MI
Is this good to use before applying a matte lipgloss to keep lips from appearing dried out?
Sara W.
I've been needing a new lip primer and I have yet to find one that actually does the job. Does this keep lip stick/lip creams looking great all day? How long does it really last?
Stephanie L.
Dublin
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this really necessary? Why should I use this product?
Morgan K.
Jacksons Gap, AL
Does this primer help lipstick to stay on longer or just helps it not to flake away?