BY URBAN DECAY

Part of the UD Jean-Michel Basquiat collection, the Tenant Eyeshadow Palette features eight EXCLUSIVE bright shades inspired by the work of this groundbreaking artist.

We’ve been fans of Basquiat’s art since before the early days of UD; so when his estate approached us about a collaboration based on his artwork, we couldn’t wait to start creating. From the colors and shade names to the packaging, EVERYTHING in this collection evolved from Basquiat’s art. Like Urban Decay, Basquiat was an outsider who challenged the status quo and used color in nontraditional ways. From his informal graffiti work and the way he mixed mediums and colors to the way he spoke out against social injustice, it’s hard to imagine a more perfect fit for our brand.

The Tenant Eyeshadow Palette contains eight just-dreamed-up brights based on Basquiat’s paintings. Every shade features our proprietary Pigment Infusion System™—for rich, velvety, blendable color that lasts. Plus, we equipped the palette with a double-ended brush.

Housed in a mini reproduction of Basquiat’s artwork, Tenant Eyeshadow Palette is wrapped all the way around with canvas, so the art printed on top comes to life. There’s even a small cutout on the back for hanging so you can display the palette on your wall and create your own mini Basquiat gallery.

About the artist:

Jean-Michel Basquiat began drawing and painting at the age of four and never stopped. By the time he was in his teens, his graffiti was a fixture around lower Manhattan. After leaving home at 17, he began selling hand-painted postcards and T-shirts. At 20, he landed his first public exhibition and quickly rose to fame on the ’80s art scene in NYC. His iconic work is still exhibited all over the world.

Shades included:

• Studio (Pale Pink Matte)
  • 1960 (Bright Pink Matte)
  • Neo (Rich Aubergine W/Micro-shimmer)
  • Les (Charcoal-black Matte-satin)
  • Graffiti (Deep Metallic Green)
  • Exu (Bright Green Shimmer)
  • Boom (Bright Teal Matte)
  • Untitled (Rich Deep Blue Matte)

1960/Neo/Studio/Untitled Ingredients:

Talc, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Diisostearyl Malate, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Hexylene Glycol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Tetrasodium EDTA, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tin Oxide, Aqua / Water, Palmitic Acid, Benzoic Acid, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polybutylene Terephthalate, Polylactic Acid, Isobutylphenoxy Epoxy Resin.

All Shades May Contain:

CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 16035 / Red 40 Lake, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder

G953800 / D181865/5 Boom/Graffiti Ingredients:

Talc, Diisostearyl Malate, Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Zinc Stearate.

All Shades May Contain Ingredients:

CI 77491, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77891 / TITANIUM Dioxide, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide

G997240 / D195091/2 Exu Ingredients:

Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Alumina, Dimethicone, Diisostearyl Malate, Silica, Polyethylene, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Tin Oxide, Hexylene Glycol, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate.

May Contain:

CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake

G997482 / D196720/2 Les Ingredients:

Talc, Diisostearyl Malate, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Phenoxyethanol, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Tetrasodium EDTA, Alumina, Aqua / Water, Polyurethane-11, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Isobutylphenoxy Epoxy Resin, Polybutylene Terephthalate, Polylactic Acid.

May Contain:

Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 19140 / Yellow 5, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder

• How do these colors blend.2 Answers
  • If I already have Urban Decay's Electric palette, is this...4 Answers
  • are these colors shimmery and blendable and buildabel?1 Answers
Adrienne S.
Pinehurst, NC
When the Urban Decay Jean-Michel Basquiat collection came out, I was SO excited and absolutely had to get my hands on both eyeshadow palettes in the collection. It's been a while now since the collection came out so I've had some time to play around with the palettes, and I can say with confidence that the shadows in these palettes are really great quality! They're blendable and super-pigmented, not to mention the stunning packaging they come in. I actually depotted these eyeshadows into standard round pans (because I'm weird and don't really like palettes - I like single round pans better) and I love them even more now! My favorite shade in this palette is Exu - such a unique bright green and SOOOO pigmented! Love it and would highly recommend!!!
Nadia M.
Buffalo, NY
So very dissapointed in this being my 1st urban decay pallet.
Not all of the colors are pigmented ( the light pink, army green, and purple )
I had a very big fall out woth the dark blue the lime green ( tap the brush and blow it before applying or you'll look like a paint splattered masterpiece.)
Love urban decay from what I've seen but very disappointed with it 1st hand
Ryan J.
Madison
The colors are gorgeous and the packaging is amazing. I got the palette because I watched a documentary about Jean Michel Basquait in one of my classes. I loved the scheme and I wanted to play with brighter colors, but these blended horribly. The mattes are patchy and unblendable. The shimmers are nice, but the mattes are absolutely awful. Also these colors don't create as many looks as I would like. They're great colors, but they aren't as cohesive as other palettes. That's why I'm only giving it two stars. I wanted it to be amazing and I was highly disappointed.
Megan D.
Nashville
The Basquiat collection was not something that originally interested me at all. I didnt want the Gold Griot palette because I have enough brown eyeshadows already and I did not want the Tenant palette because when I saw pictures of the palette online I thought it looked like a repeat of the electric palette which is a total anti-haul product for me: it just does not appeal. However that completely changed when I saw these palettes in store! Tenant is actually a beautiful and wearable jewel palette not at all neon as I had though. Pretty soon I had it in my possesion and very nearly came away with the Gold Griot as well! Yikes! Shade by shade:

Studio- lovely soft matte pink transition shade. Some online have complained about the poor quality of Studio but that is certainly not the case for my palette. Mine shows up amazingly well considering how close it is to my skin colour. And it's so creamy!

1960- not hot pink as you might think in photos. I'd describe it as more like a bright candy pink. Good for a more daring crease colour.

Neo- Rich plum with a hint of shimmer. This is another shade that recieved complains. Well I guess UD have some quality control issues going on because the one in my palette is stunning.

LES (lower east side) - black satin. A bit patchy, the weakest shadow for me. I would have prefered to see a silver or a rust rather than a just-ok black. And since unless you're into wearing rainbows on your eyes this probably won't be a palette you'll be using to create looks alone, there was no need to throw a basic black shade in there.

Graffiti - gator green shimmer. Right up my alley!

Exu - thankfully not the yukky pea soup colour it looks in photos but rather a pretty shimmery periodot green.

Boom - an unapologetically 70's/80's matte teal. I might have bought it for this shade alone!

Untitled - a unique matte blue thats somewhere between navy and royal blue. Does stain my skin some.

To be honest the reason I'm not giving this 5 stars is because the whole Basquiat theme rubs me the wrong way. I think its the fact that the guy is not around to have any say in his collaboration. I'm sure this was not Wende's intent, but it strikes me as exploitative. I like the idea of making art more accessible, but were there really no living artists for them to collab with? So for this reason it only gets 4 stars, even though the shadows and the artwork are beautiful.
lawana g.
ENNIS, TX
I bought this palette and the Gold Grio palette as well. The colors drew me in and I thought I would use it more than I did. They are great shadows and they blend well. I gave it 4 stars only because it ended up not being a palette I reached for. I gave it away to someone that could give it the love it deserved.
Careen T.
The pigmentation of this palette is everything. There is a little fall out with the palette but, nothing you can’t handle. The tones and shades are easy to blend with other palette and even the palettes shade together. I love this palette.
Michelle M.
I love how pigmented these colors are, except one or two colors. For me, I love wearing bright colors so it was worth the buy, but if you’re not into bright colors or you don’t think you’d look good in cool-toned colors then I wouldn’t recommend. The packaging is actually really nice too
Amanda J.
Let’s talk about the packaging.... unique, gorgeous! I absolutely love the packaging! It looks nothing like I have in my collection! I love the shades in this palette! The shades are very unique! The shades are blendable and easy to apply! I love this palette!
Kimber S.
I absolutely adored this palette. I had to go to three different Ulta locations in order to finally get my hands on it but when I did, I was extremely happy. Very pigmented. Urban Decay never disappoints
Sarah W.
Abilene, TX
I'm a lover of bright colors anyway and fell in love with this instantly! If your more of a neutral person however, this palette would be a great change up :) Of course the packaging in amazing for any collector but the quality is pretty outstanding as well. I was worried about some of the darker colors blending but they all blend beautiful and are very pigmented, tho some of the brighter colors it helps to pack it on with your finger. Definitely would recommend this palette <3
Dianne W.
Tappahannock, VA
How would this colors look on a 52 year old? I love color, I have a fair to medium complexion. Thanks Dianne
Lindsay D.
Fall River, MA
How's the color pay off?? Is therr a lot of fallout??
Alicia G.
W Farmington, OH
If I already have Urban Decay's Electric palette, is this worth getting? The colors seem to be kind of similar
Amanda R.
Otsego, MI
I am a bargan hunter what is the best price for the eyeshadow and where?
Jordan E.
Talladega
How do these colors blend.