BY URBAN DECAY

As part of the UD Jean-Michel Basquiat collection, we created three NEW, exclusive Vice Lipstick shades inspired by the work of this groundbreaking artist.

We’ve been fans of Basquiat’s art since before the early days of UD; so when his estate approached us about a collaboration based on his artwork, we couldn’t wait to start creating. From the colors and shade names to the packaging, EVERYTHING in this collection evolved from Basquiat’s art. Like Urban Decay, Basquiat was an outsider who challenged the status quo and used color in nontraditional ways. From his informal graffiti work and the way he mixed mediums and colors to the way he spoke out against social injustice, it’s hard to imagine a more perfect fit for our brand.

These three brand-new, exclusive shades of Vice Lipstick are based on the colors in Basquiat’s work. Each one delivers intense payoff with a rich, creamy feel and features our proprietary Pigment Infusion System™. We wrapped each lipstick cap in canvas printed with Basquiat’s art…voilà, an art gallery in your handbag.

About The Artist:

Jean-Michel Basquiat began drawing and painting at the age of four and never stopped. By the time he was in his teens, his graffiti was a fixture around lower Manhattan. After leaving home at 17, he began selling hand-painted postcards and T-shirts. At 20, he landed his first public exhibition and quickly rose to fame on the ’80s art scene in NYC. His iconic work is still exhibited all over the world.

Abstract (Cream) Ingredients:

Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Phytosteryl/Isostearyl/Cetyl/Stearyl/Behenyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Polyethylene, Octyldodecanol, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Triisostearin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Squalane, Hydrated Silica [Nano] / Hydrated Silica, Cera Microcristallina / Microcrystalline Wax, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Olea Europaea Oil / Olive Fruit Oil, Tribehenin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Olea Europaea Oil Unsaponifiables / Olive Oil Unsaponifiables, Sorbitan Isostearate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil / Jojoba Seed Oil, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter / Cocoa Seed Butter, Persea Gratissima Oil / Avocado Oil, Shorea Stenoptera Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Lactic Acid, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica, Polybutylene Terephthalate, Polylactic Acid, Tin Oxide, Citric Acid.

May Contain:

CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Mica, CI 77120 / Barium Sulfate

Epigram (Cream) Ingredients:

Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Phytosteryl/Isostearyl/Cetyl/Stearyl/Behenyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Polyethylene, Octyldodecanol, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Triisostearin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Squalane, Hydrated Silica [Nano] / Hydrated Silica, Cera Microcristallina / Microcrystalline Wax, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Olea Europaea Oil / Olive Fruit Oil, Tribehenin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Olea Europaea Oil Unsaponifiables / Olive Oil Unsaponifiables, Sorbitan Isostearate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Colophonium / Rosin, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil / Jojoba Seed Oil, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter / Cocoa Seed Butter, Persea Gratissima Oil / Avocado Oil, Shorea Stenoptera Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Lactic Acid, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica, Polybutylene Terephthalate, Polylactic Acid, Tin Oxide, Citric Acid.

May Contain:

CI 77491, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Mica, CI 77120 / Barium Sulfate, CI 15850 / Red 7 Lake

Exhibition (Comfort Matte) Ingredients:

Octyldodecanol, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Kaolin, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Butyrospermum Parkii Oil / Shea Oil, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax, Cetyl Lactate, Cera Alba / Beeswax, Cera Microcristallina / Microcrystalline Wax, Polyethylene, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Aqua / Water, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Alumina, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycine Soja Oil / Soybean Oil, Squalane, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil / Jojoba Seed Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter / Cocoa Seed Butter, Persea Gratissima Oil / Avocado Oil, Shorea Stenoptera Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Aloe Barbadensis Extract / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Citric Acid, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica, Polybutylene Terephthalate, Polylactic Acid, Tin Oxide.

May Contain:

CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 15850 / Red 7 Lake, Mica, CI 77491, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 15850 / Red 6, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake

Urban Decay Jean-michel Basquiat Lipstick
  • "I have this lipstick in "Epigram" and it's the most beautiful brick-sienna color. It goes on very creamy and smooth and lasts about as well as you'd expect for a cream lipstick. It also works really beautifully as a stain if you apply with your fingers. But let's be honest here, I bought this for the packaging because of course I bought this for the packaging. And it's stunning. I adore Basquiat's work and people gush over the art every time I pull it out of my bag. If you're an art lover, this lipstick is worth it just to get to look at the case every time you use it." in 53 reviews
  • "One of my favorites defiantly one of my favorites. Long lasting and perfect for a night out!! Great matte finnish! " in 17 reviews
  • "I picked this up in the shade "abstract". It is the perfect deep beige-brown nude on my fair-light skin tone. It is slightly hydrating but a satin finish and lasts a surprisingly long time on the lips. I love pairing it with a really bronzey look for summer! And the packaging alone is amazing - definitely some of the most beautiful and unique in my collection. Highly recommend 🙌" in 9 reviews
Beatriz T.
White Plains
Review for: Epigram more...
I was interested in this line because of the packaging and the artist, so I purchased the shade Epigram, which I am SO SAD is not a permanent shade because it is the most beautiful brownish, almost rusty shade that isn't too dark or over the top for during the day, even on my light skin. I love how warm it is and the quality is on par with their regular Vice line, which is SO creamy and pigmented and lasts a nice amount of time for a cream lipstick. Definitely would suggest trying this line in general!
Melanie D.
Review for: Epigram more...
I got this on sale at ulta for 11$ when urban decay phased out the collection. I had been eyeing it for a while after seeing jamie Genevieve wear it in one of her videos, but couldnt bring myself to buy it at full price. The color was beautiful, it applied evenly, and was smooth and creamy. However it just didnt suit me. I was sad to return this, as it was a beautiful lipstick but just couldnt see myself wearing it :(
Renee K.
Ford City
This shade is so beautiful! I normally don’t gravitate towards stick lipsticks, but the shade was too unique to pass on. My mom sometimes wears this as well and it has a more matte finish on here than me. (Possibly because I have more oily skin.) The packaging is so artistic and fun, and catches my eye when I’m looking for a lipstick to wear.
Sarah H.
Prescott, AZ
Review for: Exhibition more...
I picked this color up on a whim when it went on sale, and I'm very glad I did! This shade looks like a neutral pink in the tube, which made me initially not very interested, but on the lips it goes on much brighter without being too overwhelming or neon. It's a great shade for days when I want a little extra lip color without going too overboard. Urban Decay's mattes are one of my favorite matte lipstick formulas and this one is no exception, it goes on smooth and creamy and leaves a matte finish while still feeling moisturizing. And the canvas packaging is very cute and unique; as a huge fan of Jean-Michel Basquiat I love having this and the other UD Basquiat pieces in my makeup collection!
Olivia S.
Purchase, NY
Lipstick was a very beautiful color but it was not as pigmented as i would have hoped for. It felt smooth on the skin but the color didn’t necessarily last. However, the packaging itself is so cool that I’m glad it’s in my collection. Urban Decay deserves more love.
Alba P.
I bought the Urban Decay Jean Michel Basquiat collection during a big sale @Sephpra & i really regret not going back & purchasing a couple more lipsticks in the shade 'Abstract'! It is by far my favorite lip color EVER!!! It is my perfect nude shade, my lips but way better! I only wear it on "special occasions" now because I don't want to run out of it! Why'd it have to be a special edition lipstick!?😭
Caitlin W.
Brooklyn, NY
I bought all 3 basquiat lipsticks in the vault UD offered. There was a nude, a fuchsia & a terracotta shade. It's the vice formula, so its a really good formula. Super pigmented (no need to layer & layer to build up the color) & comfortable to wear. Unfortunately these were limited edition & are currently unavailable, which sucks because the packaging was awesome: the cap was wrapped in canvas & each color depicted a different piece of basquiat's artwork. Surely there are similar colors in n the vice lineup though
Danielle P.
Kansas City, MO
Review for: Abstract more...
I am always in the market for a nude lipstick. Unfortunately, it was just a tad lighter than I was hoping. If I use a darker lipliner it is wearable though. In terms of the wear, it lasts as long as you would expect a satin lipstick to stay.
Adrienne S.
Pinehurst, NC
Review for: Epigram more...
I love Urban Decay's Vice lipsticks and Epigram from the Jean-Michel Basquiat collection is no exception. It's super creamy and pigmented and comfortable to wear, and it's such a unique color as well. I'd highly recommend giving this a try!
Linda R.
Germantown, MD
Great product. Long last and smoothing your lips. The pricing is a bit fancy but if you can afford it, it’s worth it. I don’t particularly wear lipstick often but when i do, i come for urban decay. It compliments my skin tone and teeth.
Alecia K.
Osceola, IA
Whats your favorite shade? :)
Sarah T.
Frisco, TX
What is everyone's favorite lipstick color from this collection?
yo soy nueva aquí, asi que quiero saber si este labial vale la pena comprarlo? 🤔