BY URBAN DECAY

As part of the UD Jean-Michel Basquiat collection, we created three all-new, exclusive shades of 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil inspired by the work of this groundbreaking artist.

We’ve been fans of Basquiat’s art since before the early days of UD; so when his estate approached us about a collaboration based on his artwork, we couldn’t wait to start creating. From the colors and shade names to the packaging, EVERYTHING in this collection evolved from Basquiat’s work. Like Urban Decay, Basquiat was an outsider who challenged the status quo and used color in nontraditional ways. From his informal graffiti work and the way he mixed mediums and colors to the way he spoke out against social injustice, it’s hard to imagine a more perfect fit for our brand.

Inspired by Basquiat’s paintings, we created three new shades of 24/7 Eye Pencil, then designed them to look like art pencils. Our creamy, waterproof liner glides on soft, stays creamy for blending and delivers extra-long wear. And 24/7 contains moisturizing ingredients, including jojoba oil, vitamin E and cottonseed oil.

About the artist:

Jean-Michel Basquiat began drawing and painting at the age of four and never stopped. By the time he was in his teens, his graffiti was a fixture around lower Manhattan. After leaving home at 17, he began selling hand-painted postcards and T-shirts. At 20, he landed his first public exhibition and quickly rose to fame on the ’80s art scene in NYC. His iconic work is still exhibited all over the world.

Anatomy Ingredients:

Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polybutene, Synthetic Wax, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil / Jojoba Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Ceresin, Ozokerite, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Cera Microcristallina / Microcrystalline Wax, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil / Sunflower Seed Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tin Oxide, Polyurethane-11, Alumina, Glycine Soja Oil / Soybean Oil.

Anatomy May Contain:

Mica, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide].

Post Punk Ingredients:

Post Punk May Contain:

Vivid Ingredients:

Vivid May Contain:

Emma A.
Atlanta, GA
Review for: Post Punk
You see the vibrant color on the pencil and think "Wow! This'll be a great pop of color!". I'm afraid not friends. This green is actually pretty dull, more yellow-y and I find that it doesn't perform like the other 24/7 colors. It takes forever to build up, especially in the waterline, and even then, it doesn't show up like I'd like it too. This is too expensive to perform so poorly.
Sarah W.
Abilene, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
The eye pencils in this collection are beautiful!!! They have all been very pigmented for me and easy to smudge but once set have lasted me through a good portion of the day! They are $17 but UD pencils last so long its a great buy I had to get them all on my Ulta run!!!
Anna R.
Columbia , SC
Beauty Junkie Expert
I purchased the shade Post Punk! I used this liner under my eyes and in my waterline. It wears well in my waterline goes on pretty easily and creamy. It is a stunning shade I just wish it was a little bit more neon so it popped more, but this is still a great liner and a very unique shade for summer!
Lauren N.
Fort Worth, TX
Review for: Anatomy
It's not a normal everyday color but it is gorgeous!! The formula stays put all day as well. Because I am very fair skinned, with it the proper eyeshadow, this kinda make me look like I have an eye infection. So this pencil is for days when I go all out with my eye looks! It stays all day in my waterline and won't budge. The pencil is huge so I imagine this will last me forever!
Marykate M.
Waco, TX
Review for: Anatomy, Vivd
These eye liners are AMAZING! I'm always a little dubious of color liners because I find they smudge and fade really easily. I love that these glide on like butter but last all day. These liners are a little pricey for an eye liner and are currently available at Sephora and Ulta. I definitely think the quality matches the price tag.
Kelsey L.
Griffin, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
As soon as I saw this collection, I knew I had to have it! I purchased the vault the second it released on the urban decay website. The colors are gorgeous, the artwork and detailing is to die for, and everything is extremely pigmented and top quality. I've been using every product constantly since I purchased and that's saying a lot because I like to switch things up a lot. Beautiful collection. Well done urban decay.
Kristy W.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love these urban decay liners. They are so nicely pigmented and stay on all day. Super fun colors to make unique looks with. They don't rub off easily either. I found mine a ulta and would recommend to others
Emma
These eyeliners are simply divine. Creamy without sliding and rich with pigment, they're most definitely worth the price tag. They are not self-sharpening though, so be sure that you own an eyeliner pencil sharpener (or purchase one after buying). This is a really great product, and I'd recommend it to anyone who was considering buying one!
Jenn G.
Review for: Anatomy
One of the reasons why I got this eye pencil was because I love Basquiat!! and because it was on sale for $12. This is the first glide on eye pencil I have ever gotten and I usually only use it when I use burnt orange eyeshadows or I use it as a concealer to be the surface of making an red eyeshadow pop. Really good!
Kachi N.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this color it's such a pretty color. It's a matte finish. It's a good consistency and moisturizing which I look for in these products, it's pricey but worth it yes I would buy it again I give this a thumbs up :)
Alecia K.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Are these creamy? How long to they last in the water line?
Alyssa B.
brantford, Ontario
Beauty Junkie Expert
How is the staying power?
Angela M.
Riviera Beach , FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Are these eyeliners for eyes and lips? Great question!
Evelyn C.
Dayton, OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
How long does this product stay on for ?
Jesicka R.