BY URBAN DECAY #62 in Eyeshadow Palettes

Our Heavy Metals Metallic Eyeshadow Palette is shadow mayhem in a crushed metal case. We packed this limited-edition palette with 20 of our most amped-up metallic shadows yet—and every single one is NEW and exclusive.

Inject your look with a hit of glamrock for daytime or go full-on metal for a night out. From standout jewel tones like Amp (a killer metallic teal) and Twisted (glimmering gold) to ultra-flattering neutrals like Demo (bronze-rose) and Afterparty (an amazing metallic red), this palette has everything you need to create endless metallic looks. And it’s all organized by color: brights on the left, neutrals on the right.

What sets Heavy Metals apart? We developed a whole new Eyeshadow formula for this palette. We bumped up the foiled effect to create our most metallic shadows ever. In doing so, we carefully crafted the formula on every shade to make sure each one would apply with a soft and creamy texture and create intense, shiny metallic effects. Every shade has a velvety feel for the perfect application, provides insane color payout and blends like a dream.

The killer lavender case has a crushed metal effect on one end…kind of like we smashed it while rocking out. It’s so gorgeous…like a modern art sculpture you’ll want to show off. Just imagine the gasps of, “WHAT’S THAT?!” when your friends see this baby. The palette slides open to dramatically reveal the shadow tray. When you’re ready to work your makeup magic, just pull the palette out and use Heavy Metals like a painter’s palette. Of course, we included a big mirror, so not only is this palette glamrock hot, it’s totally practical too.

Shades Included:

• Ground (Metallic Black W/Iridescent Shimmer)
  • Spandex (Metallic Deep Blue W/Purple Shift And Blue Micro-sparkle)
  • Metalhead (Metallic Deep Purple)
  • Mullet (Metallic Deep Green)
  • Twisted (Metallic Gold)
  • Aluminum (Metallic Warm Gray-taupe W/Iridescent Micro-sparkle)
  • Dive (Metallic Medium Blue)
  • Punk Rock (Metallic Fuchsia)
  • Amp (Metallic Bright Teal)
  • Glamrock (Metallic Silver)
  • Bass (Metallic Bronze)
  • Demo (Metallic Bronze-rose)
  • Afterparty (Metallic Red)
  • Roadie (Metallic Burgundy)
  • Scream (Metallic Mauve)
  • Glory (Metallic Golden Bronze)
  • Starfire (Metallic Bright Copper)
  • Angelfire (Metallic Pale Pink)
  • Maiden (Metallic Beige)
  • Acoustic (Metallic Nude)

Urban Decay is 100% cruelty-free.

• Oryza Sativa Extract / Rice Extract

• Is it pigmented and how it blends ?2 Answers
  • What's the comparison to other urban decay pallets? How's the pig...6 Answers
Kristen N.
Cleveland, OH
I bought this palette prior to Black Friday, as I wanted to use these fun shadows for my holiday plans! I went back and forth between this palette and the Too Faced Glitter Bomb palette. I wanted a fun one for the holidays but one I can use throughout the year. I thought the Urban Decay palette has more color options, as well as colors that were neutral that I could use for more looks, so I went with this one.

Overall, I’m pretty happy with the palette; however, I don’t think the shadows are as pigmented as other Urban Decay shadows and required more application and product to get the desired metallic effect. The shadows are more shimmery/metallic than glitter. I was hoping they would be more striking than they were, but they did create a more natural shimmer effect that I can probably use for more looks throughout the year. I didn’t think i would be able to use the entire palette for one look, but with the way these shadows are made, I’m thinking I probably could and it wouldn’t be too overpowering.

The packaging is sleek. I’ve read that many thought the packaging was cheap and would easily break. I don’t see that happening, but you do need to slide the palette out. With that, I’ve already dropped the palette once! I would prefer a lift up cover for ease of use and taking up less bathroom counter space.
Chelsea A.
Pittsboro, IN
As a fan of all things sparkly and Urban Decay, the beautiful marriage of both came to be in their Heavy Metals palette, and I use this on a daily basis! Whether I'm doing a dramatic smokey eye for a night out, or needing just a touch of sparkle for my busy workdays, Urban Decay didn't disappoint. The packaging (although it took my husband a second to figure out how to work!) is super sleek and unique, definitely something a beauty collector would want in his/her artillery. I will say that I did not give this palette a full 5-star review secondary to the colors not being as pigmented as I expected them to be. You definitely have to work a little bit harder to get really good color, and might I suggest either dampening your brush with a setting spray before using as well as using an eyeshadow primer on your lids before applying the shadows. The metallics aren't heavy by any means, so you can totally get away with having a little shimmery eye for your daytime looks. The possibilities are endless with this palette, and a little extra sparkle never hurt anyone!
Amanda E.
Rigby, ID
I love this palette! It has a great range of colors so I can do so many different looks. It is highly pigmented and super easy to apply and blend. I usually apply it with my finger but a brush works great too. I love how sparkly and shimmery the colors are. I actually don’t get very much fall out from the products and I expected a lot more since it is so shimmery. My only con is that the palette takes up so much room. I would have liked for the mirror to fold over the shadow pans to make it more compact. I had a hard time deciding between this and the two faced “gold” palette but I decided to go with this one because it had so many more colors and they are all shimmery/sparkly (no matte). I do wish they would have had it on sale when I purchased it tho!
Katelyn T.
This palette is different and I appreciate that. I was really excited when I opened it and saw the packaging because it is unlike any other palette that I own. I do think that realistically it’s inconvenient, because you do slide it out and I don’t think the mirror is a necessity, but that’s the price you pay for the originality of the packaging. This palette has taken the place of the Moondust palette for me. It’s not something I use daily, rather than for occasions when I’m feeling extra. But I do think there is good pigmentation when using along with a setting spray. I appreciate the color choices and you can use it for many different looks. Overall, it’s a great palette.
Liz W.
I love love love this palette.  I bought this when it was on sale at Sephora and I used the additional VIB $20 off on the purchase.  I personally would not have paid full price because I never intend to use only this palette to create a look, I bought it purely as a supplemental palette.  The shade range is great and has warm tone colors on one side and cool colors on the other.  The packaging could have been better, its a little cumbersome to handle sometimes, I can't imagine using this with limited work space.  I can use this palette with just about any of the others I own to add a shimmery final step and I love it
Erica L.
Bacliff, TX
I have been using this for a few days now and have to say I love it. The colors are so pigmented and smooth. It is a little more expensive than my usual make up but well worth it. The packaging is very high grade and a bit heavy which is good I feel it keeps the shadows safe. The mirror is in the center which was very interesting but when I went to use it I feel it worked better for me.
Leah S.
Stevens Point , WI
I was on the fence about this palette but once I swatched it at Ulta I couldn't pass it up (on sale for $39 + 20% off coupon!)  The colors are very creamy and pigmented and glide on when using your finger. I think the packaging is unique the way it slides out, something different.  The case is hard and of high quality and fits nicely on my vanity.  The lay out also works well since one side are more neutral colors and the other side is more bright colors.  I know Sephora has this on sale + an extra 20% off so I highly recommend this!!
Laura D.
Flat Rock, NC
I love this pallet!! It has amazing pigment and sparkle to it. Works great with Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion and makes the colors pop. I love the darker reds and Brown's for every day looks and the brighter colors for a night or weekend look. The mirror is also a nice perk and does exactly what it's suppose to do. The pallet kind of locks back into the case and does not cause fallout when sliding in and out. Defiently a must have pallet for makeup lovers!!! Urban Decay Heavy Metals Metallic Eyeshadow Palette
Janet C.
Fresno, CA
I usually use browns and oranges on my eyes. I'm not super adventurous on using brighter colors. So when I saw this I finally took the plunge and bought it. I am very happy with it. It's really pushed me to use beautiful colors on my eyes. They are super pigmented and glittery. The only thing I've had an issue with is finding the right brush to apply. I've been using my sister which works great by the way. Or I wet my brush to apply. I love it and a little amount is all you need. ❤💙💚💛💜
Alyssa C.
Dacula, GA
I love this eyeshadow palette with my entire being. I love sparkle and glitter and this is just a perfect palette for me! Some shades do have some fall out and some do feel more grainy and less smooth than others. If it is a real problem for you I wouldn't recommend the palette but if you choose to over look that small mishap the shades are beautifully pigmented and great for basically all skin tones! Urban Decay Heavy Metals Metallic Eyeshadow Palette
Erica T.
corcoran ca
What's the comparison to other urban decay pallets? How's the pigmation? Lots of fallout?
Tanna B.
I'm listing after this palette. Is it worth it?
Ashley E.
I'm so on the fence about this one. It seems like brush application isn't the greatest.
Alena M.
Santa Maria
Is this palette good? I want to get it so bad
Kat J.
San Antonio, TX
I want to get this, but I’m worried about the packaging,... How secure is it? Could I travel with this palette?