Urban Decay Heavy Metals Metallic Eyeshadow Palette
Our Heavy Metals Metallic Eyeshadow Palette is shadow mayhem in a crushed metal case. We packed this limited-edition palette with 20 of our most amped-up metallic shadows yet—and every single one is NEW and exclusive.
Inject your look with a hit of glamrock for daytime or go full-on metal for a night out. From standout jewel tones like Amp (a killer metallic teal) and Twisted (glimmering gold) to ultra-flattering neutrals like Demo (bronze-rose) and Afterparty (an amazing metallic red), this palette has everything you need to create endless metallic looks. And it’s all organized by color: brights on the left, neutrals on the right.
What sets Heavy Metals apart? We developed a whole new Eyeshadow formula for this palette. We bumped up the foiled effect to create our most metallic shadows ever. In doing so, we carefully crafted the formula on every shade to make sure each one would apply with a soft and creamy texture and create intense, shiny metallic effects. Every shade has a velvety feel for the perfect application, provides insane color payout and blends like a dream.
The killer lavender case has a crushed metal effect on one end…kind of like we smashed it while rocking out. It’s so gorgeous…like a modern art sculpture you’ll want to show off. Just imagine the gasps of, “WHAT’S THAT?!” when your friends see this baby. The palette slides open to dramatically reveal the shadow tray. When you’re ready to work your makeup magic, just pull the palette out and use Heavy Metals like a painter’s palette. Of course, we included a big mirror, so not only is this palette glamrock hot, it’s totally practical too.
- Ground (Metallic Black W/Iridescent Shimmer)
- Spandex (Metallic Deep Blue W/Purple Shift And Blue Micro-sparkle)
- Metalhead (Metallic Deep Purple)
- Mullet (Metallic Deep Green)
- Twisted (Metallic Gold)
- Aluminum (Metallic Warm Gray-taupe W/Iridescent Micro-sparkle)
- Dive (Metallic Medium Blue)
- Punk Rock (Metallic Fuchsia)
- Amp (Metallic Bright Teal)
- Glamrock (Metallic Silver)
- Bass (Metallic Bronze)
- Demo (Metallic Bronze-rose)
- Afterparty (Metallic Red)
- Roadie (Metallic Burgundy)
- Scream (Metallic Mauve)
- Glory (Metallic Golden Bronze)
- Starfire (Metallic Bright Copper)
- Angelfire (Metallic Pale Pink)
- Maiden (Metallic Beige)
- Acoustic (Metallic Nude)
Urban Decay is 100% cruelty-free.
- Oryza Sativa Extract / Rice Extract
- Zinc Stearate
- Calcium Sodium Borosilicate
- Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate
- Sodium Dehydroacetate
- Sorbic Acid
- Tin Oxide
- Stearic Acid
All Shades May Contain:
- CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide
- CI 77491 / CI 77499 / Iron Oxides
- CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder
- CI 77400 / Bronze Powder
- CI 77400 / Copper Powder
- CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide
- CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens
- CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake
- CI 75470 / Carmine
- CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride Contains Carmine
Top Questions See all 32 Q&A
Overall, I’m pretty happy with the palette; however, I don’t think the shadows are as pigmented as other Urban Decay shadows and required more application and product to get the desired metallic effect. The shadows are more shimmery/metallic than glitter. I was hoping they would be more striking than they were, but they did create a more natural shimmer effect that I can probably use for more looks throughout the year. I didn’t think i would be able to use the entire palette for one look, but with the way these shadows are made, I’m thinking I probably could and it wouldn’t be too overpowering.
The packaging is sleek. I’ve read that many thought the packaging was cheap and would easily break. I don’t see that happening, but you do need to slide the palette out. With that, I’ve already dropped the palette once! I would prefer a lift up cover for ease of use and taking up less bathroom counter space.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos