Add a Photo

By URBAN DECAY
#20 in Eyeshadow
Heavy Metal Loose Glitter - Glitter is like the cilantro of the beauty world. You either dig it, mess factor and all (like the beauty junkies at Urban Decay do), or you don't. For those of you who are firmly planted in the glitter camp, there's Heavy Metal Loose Glitter.Brush on Urban Decay's Bondage Weightless Makeup Adhesive, then pack Heavy Metal Loose Glitter on top of it - for a full-on jewel-encrusted effect that LASTS all day (with very little fallout). When you're ready to take it all off, just rinse with water.Heavy Metal Loose Glitter comes in a clear jar (so you can see all the gorgeous glitter inside) topped with a highly metalized gunmetal cap.Try Heavy Metal Loose Glitter over your favorite eye shadow and pencils for an extra pop of color.Shade Descriptions:ACDC: Bright purple glitterCatfight: Pink glitterGoldmine: Yellow-gold glitterLoaded: Bright, deep green glitterReverb: Bright, deep blue glitterPyrotechnics: Iridescent glitter - Heavy Metal Loose Glitter
Photos (4)
Ruth D.
Ruth D.
Springfield, MA

I bought the pyrotechnics, which is a beautiful iridescent color. It almost looks holographic. I love it! Taking into consideration that this IS GLITTER and if you have used glitter before you already know that you ought to plan ahead for a glittery mess all over you, your vanity etc. It doesn't matter if it's dollar store glitter or Tom Ford glitter.... glitter is messy! Now with that being said, UD glitter is easy to apply (especially if you follow their application recommendation). I found that if you take the time to let the glitter glue dry and then softly brush off any excess, I don't have any fallout throughout the day. I do recommend using the UD bondage adhesive to apply this glitter. It has been the best I've found. A little tip: After applying adhesive wait until it becomes a little tacky then apply the glitter. I think everyone should have at least one of these bottles! I've used these glitters for several things other than just every day makeup so it's great to have in you
Valentina V.
Valentina V.

The glitters adhere really well to the skin when using Bondage, but with glitter like this you're always going to get some fall out and end up with glitter where you might not want it, such as a spec or two on your nose, so it's best to apply with time and patience. Once you've achieved the look you're after these will last for hours until you want to take them off. I found removal pretty easy with a standard cotton pad and cleanser, although it can take a little effort to get every spec gone, and I took extra care to avoid rubbing any glitter into my eyes. All in all I love the sparkle that these offer, and for a special occasion or maybe a festival or fancy dress I'll certainly be reaching for these to jazz up my look. The green and irridescant white are my favourite shades.
Jennifer m.
Jennifer m.
Albuquerque, NM

I have a gold and silver and pink color for loose heavy metal and they just make you glow and make your makeup even pop out more the first time I bought these were when k went out to edc Las Vegas and there stay on literally from 3 in the afternoon to 6 in the morning I really do recommend these they are great you just need a good primer or glue I use lit glue or the urban decay primer and a lot of that for it could stay on but over all everything from urban decay is great especially the eyeshadow they are supper pigmented especially if you add primer to it
Jeannette P.
Jeannette P.
Fayetteville, NC

You can always apply it with eyelash glue or spray your brush with Mac Fix+ and see how beautiful this glitter can be applied. You can use glitter for so many different looks and it can be used for so many different things. It can be used as a glitter eyeliner, glitter eyelid, glitter eyebrows or glitter lips. This glitter is really pretty and the quality is great too! The brand is great it has so many different colors of glitter. They have a big collection of colors.
Rachel R.
Rachel R.
Tecumseh, OK

I bought two of these little tubs because they're currently on sale on UrbanDecay.com and I love them! I was really surprised about how tiny they are, but for $6 each, it's not bad. Plus it only takes the tiniest amount, so I don't imagine I'll be using them up soon! They're really beautiful and with a great glitter primer they last all night with almost zero fallout. So pretty to add for something dramatic but they also look great for a little pop of color everyday!
Lexi R.
Lexi R.
Malta, ID

This loose glitter is what I would recommend to anyone looking to incorporate glitter into their makeup looks. You can use a primer or gel to apply it, and the fact that it's loose means you decide how concentrated you want the glitter, and wear exactly you want it to go. It also makes it very versatile, you can use this for eye makeup, brows, beards, eyeliner, or loose glitz. Love this product, and I have seen a ton of beauty bloggers use it.
Patrina C.
Patrina C.
Florissant, MO

I love using urban decay heavy-metal loose glitter when I'm doing my eyeshadow because it gives it a extra look to your eyeshadow instead of me looking so plain it looks very well when you're going off till like prom or homecoming or to a special event because the sparkles makes you look so beautiful in its last a very long time and with urban decay you don't have to worry about it rubbing off when you touch your eyes i love the glitter
Sydney P.
Sydney P.

I love wearing daring looks when going out at night with friends and for events. This loose glitter really brings my electric smokey looks together. It applies on easily with a little fallout (which is normal) and lasts all night with the help of the All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray by Urban Decay. This shade and the others they have are beautiful! Experiment a little with these, You'd be surprise how much you like them.
Maritza D.
Maritza D.
Hollywood, FL

Urban Decay Heavy Metal Loose Glitter has a wonderful deep pigmentation that last through the the night. They come in an array of colors to match any outfit and any mood. Great for stage makeup that's shows well even in bright lights. Does not come off easy which is a positive thing when you want to look good for many hours in a day. I get many compliments on how beautiful my eyes look when I wear this eye glitter.
Amanda W.
Amanda W.
Harrah, OK

I bought this glitter expecting a fine, workable, cosmetic formula, but to my surprise, it's heavy, chunky craft-grade glitter. Even with primer and glitter glue, the glitter ended up all over my cheeks. I really expected more from Urban Decay, as they typically make fantastic products. I guess this is why this glitter has been on clearance on the UD website for so long. Not recommended, even with glitter glue.
Caitlin A.
Caitlin A.
Mililani, HI

I want to get this and use it for a prom look. so it needs to last all night. would you recommend using the bondage or mac fix plus to help it stay on all night? and do you think it will last all night on my lids. PS i also want to use the glitter liner underneath my eyes will that fall out too?
Mia C.
Mia C.
San Benito, TX

Does it have a lot of fall out even with glitter primer?
Rayna J.
Rayna J.
Windber, PA

I absolutely love glitter! I'm just worried about it getting into my eyes. I have very sensitive eyes and any little thing will bother them. Does the glitter slowly fall off as the day goes on?
Alexie W.
Alexie W.
Eatonton, GA

Is this a messy glitter? I feel like loose eye glitters are beautiful just so messy!
Faith R.
Faith R.
Lanham, MD

Is it easy to apply? Did you need to use a glitter eye primer? If so, what brand eye primer did you use ?

Join Now