BY URBAN DECAY #12 in Eyeliner

Like a gateway drug to hardcore sparkle, Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner provides a heavy dose of glam-rock—minus the frequent stints in rehab.All the glitz of glam rock—without the spandex or bad hair. Our water-based, buildable liner contains super-fine glitter in a clear base that dries quickly and REALLY stays put (for long wear without any fallout).

Because the glitter is suspended in a gel, it won’t separate in the bottle (so you don’t need to shake it like you do with watery formulas). Peach and cucumber extract condition the skin, while carrot extract smooths and softens.

Wear Heavy Metal alone, apply it over our legendary Eyeshadow or layer two shades together for a more intense glam-rock effect. The precise, thin-tipped brush makes it easy to create fine, glittery lines. Want more sparkle? Use the side of the brush to sweep sparkle all over your lids.

• Yay or nay????!3 Answers
  • Are these very pigmented? Or just glitter?3 Answers
  • How is it to apply? Also is it more like a gel or liquid eyeliner?4 Answers
Nida Q.
Nida Q.
✨✨✨glitter ✨✨✨glitter✨✨✨✨
Glitter is a girls BestFriend!!!! This glitter is awesome the quality is great! You can always apply it with eyelash glue or spray your brush with Mac Fix+ and see how beautiful this glitter can be applied. You can use glitter for so many different looks and it can be used for so many different things. It can be used as a glitter eyeliner, glitter eyelid, glitter eyebrows or glitter lips. This glitter is really pretty and the quality is great too! The brand is great it has so many different colors of glitter. They have a big collection of colors. These glitters are not that pricey either. They are affordable great quality and awesome pay off. I will give this product a Rate: 4/5 Don't forget to try their other products they're awesome as well.
Crystal P.
Crystal P.
Albuquerque , NM
Beauty Junkie Expert
These are the best glitter liners on the market. They are expensive and I had a hard time justifying spending money since I don't do glittery looks often but, I did one yesterday for the 4th of July. I did a black winged liner and went over the top of it with Spandex (the blue) and then the inner corners and lower corners with Glam Rock (the silver) and did a red lip. I felt so festive! I got mine at Sephora but, Ulta carries these as well for about the same cost. These suckers pack a punch. They can be as light or as heavy as you like and the brush offers amazing precision as well so if you want a winged liner it's super easy to do. I'm in love with these and now I want more! I'd recommend these to ANYONE and everyone looking for that sparkle in their eyes.
Alisa R.
Alisa R.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've found other glitter liners that have better coverage with one swipe and are far less expensive (NYX & Jordana). The glitter in these tubes are pretty large and glide on pretty sparse so you need to put several coats in the same area for it to really have any effect. I also prefer glitter that reads as more metallic that I can either pack on or utilize as a highlighter. Make no mistake, this is glittery glitter, the chunky kind. I think if you're going for that look you'd be better off with a jar of glitter, glitter primer, and brush. But if you're just going to build up a little sparkle on your eyelid, then yeah these will work for that (not for inner corner shimmer highlighting though). There are less expensive brands that do far better imo.
Linda A.
Linda A.
Review for: Liners
I purchased the color, SPANDEX. This particular color appears to be in a semi-translucent blue black gel base. The glitters are mixed in this formulation. Blues, iridescent, and aqua green. I recommend applying a black eyeliner first and than using the glitter liner above or on top of the black eyeliner. It really makes the colors pop! It sounds like it's a circus of colors, but it really looks beautiful on without looking immature or cartoonish. You can also use it all over the lid and not just as a liner.
Don't forget to close it tightly after use as it will dry out. Also, I recommend fanning your lid for a few seconds after applying the product, allowing it to set.
Rila T.
Rila T.
Fremont, CA
A classic in my makeup history. I am happy this remains a part of the Urban Decay assortment (though sometimes often over shadowed- no pun intended 😉- by the new products the brand has been slaying in the market the last few years). This has been a great product to give you oomf (is this a word??) to your makeup look. Mostly used for inner tear duct, I have also been known to use it over black liner to make it sparkle, with only matte and tonal eyeshadow on my lid. Great for a night out and those that get crazy on the dance floor or those that need a medium to help other glitters stick to. Such a fun product that not all brands will carry!
Mirian T.
Mirian T.
I think that this is a great foundation with an easy, blendable, and build-able coverage. My only concern is that the color selection is so iffy when buying it. I wouldn't recommend you buy this online unless you have tried it in-store and seen how it reacts to your skin tone. The shade I purchased (10.0) was perfect at first, but it oxidized to an orange-red glow on my face that was not cute. The next shade up is too dark and the shade below is too light. I wish there were more in between shades because the formula is awesome. It stays matte, in place, and isn't too thick of watery.
Quimby T.
Quimby T.
I'm a HUGE fan of holographic glitter in general and this one takes the cake. I got the color 'distortion' which is a white hologram glitter with a green sheen. I love it on the eyes for a subtle touch of glitter on days I don't want to wear a lot of makeup, but my favorite use for it is on the lips surprisingly. I put it over the top of KVD 'witches' for a delightful Slytherin lip. It's Non drying on both parts of my face and wears really nicely. The glitter is a good size for definition without being chunky. I don't know why I was so hesitant to get these liners, I'm obsessed!
Angel S.
Angel S.
Phoenix , AZ
Review for: Midnight Cowboy
This is a fun way to give your normal everyday look an extra pick me up. I work in college town and I get girls in all the time looking for something they can do for class or social events without looking too over done and I usually give them a pretty eyeshadow look and then line their lower lash line with the glitter eyeliner and it really opens their eyes and draws you straight to them. I like it because you can layer up as glittery as you like. I did it for a prom look as well and it complimented her sparkling blue eyes. Perfection. One of my favorite glitter liners
Avani P.
Avani P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Often times glitter liners are hard to apply and/or extremely patchy. This was not the case with these liners. I love the variety of the colors, wish there were more colors. The consistency is not grainy at all, it is very easy to apply. The great thing is, you can build it up if you want a stronger more vibrant color and vice versa if you're not very comfortable with too much glitter. These can be used for more than just liner, they're quite versatile depending on how daring you'd like your look. I hope they come out with more colors, I would definitely purchase.
Kristin D.
Kristin D.
Blue River, WI
Review for: Midnight Cowboy
I love this stuff. As a liner you do have to build it up to get a bold line. I would actually suggest putting a regular gold liner down first and then putting the gillter on top if you're looking to actually do liner with it. I use it to put a think line right about my black liner just for some extra pop or also in my tear duct area.. but my favorite way to use it is to actually apply it all over the lid on top of a shadow for extra sparkle. Just make sure to let it dry before you open your eyes and get it about the crease area
lydia m.
lydia m.
Beauty Junkie Expert
are do these look? are they pigmented? long lasting?
Maddie I.
Maddie I.
How does this work? Is it worth the buy?
Bobbi Jo K.
Bobbi Jo K.
I have been looking for glitter eyeshadow for a month now! Where can I find it?
Luba Z.
Luba Z.
Spokane, WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
These are so pretty. Are they worth the price?
Melissa S.