BY URBAN DECAY #12 in Eyeliner

Like a gateway drug to hardcore sparkle, Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner provides a heavy dose of glam-rock—minus the frequent stints in rehab. All the glitz of glam rock—without the spandex or bad hair. Our water-based, buildable liner contains super-fine glitter in a clear base that dries quickly and REALLY stays put (for long wear without any fallout).

Because the glitter is suspended in a gel, it won’t separate in the bottle (so you don’t need to shake it like you do with watery formulas). Peach and cucumber extract condition the skin, while carrot extract smooths and softens.

Wear Heavy Metal alone, apply it over our legendary Eyeshadow or layer two shades together for a more intense glam-rock effect. The precise, thin-tipped brush makes it easy to create fine, glittery lines. Want more sparkle? Use the side of the brush to sweep sparkle all over your lids.

Urban Decay is 100% cruelty-free.

Acdc Ingredients:

AMP Ingredients:

Aqua (Water/Eau), Polyethylene Terephthalate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Acrylates Copolymer, PVP, Phenoxyethanol, PVM/MA Decadiene Crosspolymer, Polyurethane-11, Methylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber/Concombre) Fruit Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot/Carotte) Root Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach/Pêche) Fruit Extract.

Catcall Ingredients:

Aqua / Water, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Propylene Glycol, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, PVM/MA Decadiene Crosspolymer, Polybutylene Terephthalate, Polyurethane-11, Ethylene/VA Copolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract / Peach Fruit Extract, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract / Cucumber Fruit Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa Root Extract / Carrot Root Extract, Tin Oxide.

Catcall May Contain:

CI 77491, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 16035 / Red 40, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77266 / Black 2, CI 19140 / Yellow 5, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet.

Distortion Ingredients:

Aqua (Water/Eau), Polyethylene Terephthalate, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylene/VA Copolymer, PVM/MA Decadiene Crosspolymer, Methylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber/Concombre) Fruit Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot/Carotte) Root Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach/Pêche) Fruit Extract.

Gamma Ray Ingredients:

Gamma Ray May Contain:

Glam Rock Ingredients:

Aqua (Water/Eau), Polyethylene Terephthalate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Polyurethane-11, PVM/MA Decadiene Crosspolymer, Methylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber/Concombre) Fruit Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot/Carotte) Root Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach/Pêche) Fruit Extract. May Contain: CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder).

Grind Ingredients:

Grind May Contain:

Junkshow Ingredients:

Aqua (Water/Eau), Polyethylene Terephthalate, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Polyurethane-11, PVM/MA Decadiene Crosspolymer, Methylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber/Concombre) Fruit Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot/Carotte) Root Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach/Pêche) Fruit Extract.

Midnight Cowboy Ingredients:

Aqua (Water/Eau), Polyethylene Terephthalate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Polyurethane-11, PVM/MA Decadiene Crosspolymer, Methylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber/Concombre) Fruit Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot/Carotte) Root Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach/Pêche) Fruit Extract, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben.

Punk Rock Ingredients:

Punk Rock May Contain:

Pyro Ingredients:

Pyro May Contain:

Spandex Ingredients:

Aqua (Water/Eau), Polyethylene Terephthalate, Propylene Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Polyurethane-11, PVM/MA Decadiene Crosspolymer, Methylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber/Concombre) Fruit Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot/Carotte) Root Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach/Pêche) Fruit Extract.

Stix and Bones Ingredients:

Stix and Bones May Contain:

Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner
  • "I love this liner. Works perfect! There is a lot of glitter that goes on so you don't need to do multiple goats like with some glitter eyeliners. I have the color Midnight Cowboy (gold) and have gotten lots of compliments." in 1915 reviews
  • "I have the purple and the black and they are both so much fun. I like the black over a black liner on the top for a pop of sparkle. The purple I use on the bottom lash line to spice up a neutral look. The glitter doesn't move once applied and are easy to take off with eye makeup remover. " in 182 reviews
  • "Easy to apply many many bright vibrant colors to choose from! High quality makeup that I trust. I love Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner it shows up so much better than any other glitter eyeliner I have tried." in 178 reviews
Tee M.
Honolulu, HI
I really thought these were pretty! I really was going to spend $20 on these. When I went in stores to swatch these glitter eyeliners, mannn.... This does not glide on good at all, they clump up and it’s literally like glue and glitter. If you want a really glittery eyeliner look you will have to go over the liner multiple times to get it to how “glittery” you want it. I left the store, empty handed. Then on Facebook marketplace someone was selling them a little cheaper and I thought maybe I should give it another try. I should’ve saved my money. I bought 3 different ones from the person 🤦🏻‍♀️ But anyways, if you’re looking to spend $20 on a not so good product, go ahead... I wish the product was as good as NYX’s body glitter, because that’s SO bomb and worth the $5. Attached is a picture of a first swatch (left) and then next to it (middle) is after 5 swatches, lastly, is after 10 swatches (right) And this is the Urban Decay Heavy Metal in Catfight
Brooke C.
Rockingham , NC
Review for: Midnight Cowboy more...
These are the best glitter liners you'll ever find or ever need, they will last you such a long time and the shades are gorgeous and they just launched new shades so there's a shade for anyone and any look you have in mind for them. They will set quickly and be completely dried down and will not budge until you remove it. It won't flake throughout the day and you'll have no glitter fall down from it either. A lot of glitter liners dry and begin to flake throughout the day but I've never experienced that with these and I own 4 shades Midnight Cowboy is my favorite and the most universally flattering shade in my opinion, it's a gold glitter liner but it has silver glitters in it as well so it works with any look or any color combo you pair it with in my opinion. You can create a complete glitter eyeliner with these or add a pop of glitter to the lid or inner corner easily I also tap it all over my lids if I want glitter over my shadows but using this is so much easier and less time consuming and messy than a traditional loose glitter. This liner doesn't irritate or sting my eyes and I use it right at my inner corners or along the lower lashline the most and I've never had any issue! Highly recommend if you love glitter or want to try out the glitter trend but want the easiest method!!
Alex S.
CA
Review for: Spandex, Cat Call (pink glitter) more...
I really like the look of a lighy application of glitter, but can't stand dealing with loose pigments. They're messy and difficult, and not worth the time. But this is a much easier, cleaner alternative. I usually just swipe them on all over my eyelid as a topper, and they're so gorgeous without being too chunky or intense, while still being very shiny and sparkly. They take a little bit of patience to remove, so it's best if you take the time to really get every last bit of glitter off your eyes. I don't find that these cause any burning sensation, which is great for contact lense wearers like myself. Additionally, I've had the same tubes for several years (I know, I know, but they don't seem to have gone bad) and they haven't dried up yet. This is a great way to incorporate a little bit of extra pizzazz into your makeup routine, and I recommend picking up a shade if you're really into it!
Abbey L.
Painesville, OH
Review for: Midnight Cowboy more...
These are the best glitter liners I have ever tried, hands down, no contest.

I picked this up at Sephora after seeing them in my mother's makeup bag, and I was blown away at the quality of the formula. The applicator is very fine, which makes it insanely easy to get a crisp line - and the glitter glides on beautifully! It sets rather quickly, and this stuff stays put all day long with no fallout.

If you love glitter and you're looking for an easy way to add some sparkle to your eye looks, look no further than these Heavy Metal Liners from Urban Decay. They're $20 each, which is up there, but the tube lasts quite awhile and the performance just can't be beat. Highly recommend!
Adrienne S.
Pinehurst, NC
Review for: Distortion, Spandex, Midnight Cowboy, ACDC more...
When I first tried these glitter liners, I was a little unimpressed at how much product came out of the tube onto the brush at a time; however, I've since removed the inner plastic rim thing (don't know what that's called haha, sorry) and I like them a lot better now! So much more product comes out of the tube and I'm able to get a bunch of glitter on my eyelid, which is nice because I use these moreso as an eyeshadow topper than as liners. Overall, I haven't been able to find any type of glitter product that I like better than these, so I highly recommend giving them a try!
Jennifer C.
Tewksbury, MA
Review for: Midnight Cowboy more...
I always make sure I have two of these glitter eyeliners in the shade Midnight Cowboy at all times. This product is super easy to use and it’s such a simple way to take your eye look up to the next level. I think Midnight Cowboy is a stunning shade and can be used in an endless amount of eye looks. My favorite way to use this product is by creating a wing in replacement of using a traditional black eyeliner. You could also use this product to out line your cut crease, or simply trace a curve of the shape of your crease on your eyelid. The shade Midnight Cowboy is primarily yellow gold glitter with silver accents as well. These eyeliners from Urban Decay make it super easy for incorporating glitter to your look without having to take out glitter glue and using a loose messy glitter. This product is so amazing and I’m so impressed that it definitely makes me want to add the other shades of this glitter liner to my collection! We
Stephanie G.
San Antonio , TX
Review for: Midnight Cowboy more...
I’ve always wanted to try this liner because I see so many people rave about, and they have every right to! It’s an amazing glitter liner I was so surprised how easy it was to apply and a huge plus for me (I have hooded eyes) it drys pretty fast so there isn’t a transfer on the lid AT ALL from day to night it looks just like when you applied it. I definitely have to get more colors in future
Rebbeca M.
Muncie, IN
Review for: Midnight Cowboy more...
This is the best glitter liner I have ever used! Easy to apply and there is no fall out. Glitter eye liners can be chunky and not have a consistent finish. This applies with straight glitter but does not have any mess. I love it! It has a nice brush applicator that can help you be precise with your application. The glitter is very reflective and makes any eye look pop. Highly recommend!
Nicole S.
Santa Barbara, CA
Review for: Glam Rock more...
Umm.. WOW. I wish pictures could capture how beautiful this product looks in person. I have had this product for about 2 months and finally decided to give it a shot and got compliments EVERYWHERE I went.

Although I did have to reapply it a couple times and layer it up to get the desired look I was trying to achieve, I was so amazed at how in spot this liner stays and does not move around your eye.

Yes, it does fade and you will need to reapply after a couple of hours but what kind of glitter liner doesn’t fade!?

The only problem I wish I could fix is that my eyelashes got a teeny tiny bit of sparkles on them that were a bit obvious it was out of shape, but I think I just need to work on my application skills!! The Brush makes it easy to apply effortlessly. You don’t even need to have eyeliner skills to line this sucker up. You can wear this on top of regular liner OR by itself!! 10/10 recommend and will absolutely be buying other colors ✨
Amy R.
Washington DC
Review for: Grind (light pink iridescent glitter) more...
I do theatrical makeup and this has great staying power and high visibility. The only thing I don’t like is that the brush is short and thin (probably to help you draw lines), but it only goes about halfway down the tube so after you’ve used half, getting the rest of the product out of the tube can be difficult. UF recommends taking the filter top off of the tube...I plan to try that. Otherwise, great product that’s fun to wear.
lydia m.
are do these look? are they pigmented? long lasting?
Maddie I.
How does this work? Is it worth the buy?
Luba Z.
Spokane, WA
These are so pretty. Are they worth the price?
Bobbi Jo K.
I have been looking for glitter eyeshadow for a month now! Where can I find it?
Melissa S.