BY URBAN DECAY

Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Eyeshadow Palette Beauty Shop by Category - Makeup see more...

• I really wanted this palette where can I find it? I heard it's no...8 Answers
  • I really want to try this. But I'm worried it's not worth the price?15 Answers
  • How is this palette? Were can I find or purchase this?8 Answers
Hannah W.
Hannah W.
Boynton Beach, FL
I LOVE how versatile this palette is. It has everything - highlight shades, lid shades, transition shades, EVERY. THING. I didn't care for this palette when it first came out because I thought the colors were pretty basic. But when the price dropped to $25, I took a look at it in person and fell in love with it. And there are some unique shades, like Blonde, for example. It seems like just your average highlight shade, but if you look at it in person, it has the TINIEST bit of purplish reflect to it. I really like it. There's also Serious, which is a harder shade to describe (at least for me). It's like a blue-ish gray, but with some purple glitter in it. The only real downfall of this palette (other than the fact that it's discontinued now, of course), is that the shimmery shades (ESPECIALLY Pop), can have some chunky glitter, and with chunky glitter, comes fallout. My mom has the Midnight Cowboy single shadow though and deals with the same issue, so I guess it's just an issue with Urban Decay's shimmery shadows in general. All in all, if you somehow find this palette anywhere, GRAB IT.
Jessica B.
Jessica B.
Dale City, VA
If I am being completely honest, this is probably my least favorite palette from Urban Decay but I am not saying that it is bad! This is the one that I reach for the least and I feel that a lot of the colors are very similar in regards to how they apply on my medium skin. I think that someone who is really fair would have much better luck with the differences in the shades appearing but many of them for me are just used to set and/or prep my eyes for other shadows. The shimmery shades are a little tough in my opinion.. they aren't as smooth and creamy as usual UD shadows are. I've even tried them wet and it just doesn't do it for me. The pink shade in the palette is the only super stand out shade that misses the mark in my head. It doesn't apply very pigmented for me and it's kind of splotchy. I ADORE the deep royal blue in this palette and have created some killer blue looks with it. I also love the shade punk!! If you're a collector and/or light in skin tone, I would recommend.. if not, I don't think this is a must have.
Norma P.
Norma P.
Modesto, CA
I bought this palette because #1, I love Gwen Stefani and #2, it was receiving a lot of hype on social media. When I saw pictures of it, I believed it would be my "go to" everyday palette. I have to wear makeup everyday for work, so I thought it would've been the perfect palette. It has some mattes, shimmers, and some pops of colors. Well, when I got it, I was so excited. It was like love at first sight. After using it, it didn't WOW me as much as I thought it would. I feel like many the colors do not go well with each other and like if some were thrown in there to take up space. The beautiful blue in the palette, I haven't used. Why? Because I feel like there isn't a warm enough matte brown eyeshadow to throw in there to create the perfect warm blue smokey eye. Mind you, I'm a warm toned eyeshadow typa' gal. Although I still think it's a gorgeous palette, it's not very practical (in my opinion). There are some shades that are beautifully pigmented, and there are some that lack pigment
Vee R.
Vee R.
Sunnyvale, CA
Review for: Eye Shadow
The color payoff for the light shadows including the pinks and 1987 (gold shade) is disappointing. I gave this palette so many tries. I tried different shadow combinations but they just don't show up on my medium skin, and some colors are very hard to blend plus they wear off easily. For example, Punk (burgundy brown shade) is very pigmented but I just find it hard to blend. I have used different eye primers, placed "Foxy" from my Naked 2 palette over the primer so it would be easier to blend the colors from this palette but they still do not blend like a dream compared to my UD Naked 2 palette. The shadows are patchy and there is some fall out, the only one that is original to UD is Blackout and that shade is fine to work with. I got this as a grad gift and I was super excited to receive it but after testing it out, I am disappointed these did not work out for me. Overall, I would not recommend to a friend. It is on sale now, so if you purchase hopefully it will work for you.
jesse lynn b.
jesse lynn b.
When UD teamed up with Gwen Stefani I was very excited, as Gwen has always had amazing makeup. But then when I saw the palettes/lipsticks I was underwhelmed. But I think I got caught up in the Gwen thing and the pretty packaging and bought several items anyway. This palette is just not good. For me anyway. The shades are not very wearable, and you can't really creative a lot of different looks with this. To me a palette should have so much variety that you can take your looks a lot of different directions. This fell flat. Too many of the shades looked the same, were too shimmery, and had little to no pigmentation. I also found most of them very chalky and not so easy to blend. The best thing about this palette for me, was again the packaging. It had a nice weight to it, the white&gold look expensive, and it had that Stefani flare to it. Collaborations are always tricky and rarely end up being one of my go-tos and this was no exception.
Rosie J.
Rosie J.
When I first saw this, I was so stoked because the colors looked amazing and I know that Urban Decay is a great brand for eye shadows, plus Gwen Stefani! I thought that there was a good blend of neutral shades as well as some bright fun shades. When I tried it out for the first time, I was so disappointed in the payoff of the eyeshadows. The mattes were fine, but they weren't anything to go crazy for. Some shimmers were nice, but a lot of them didn't have a lot of pigment. I would use Mac Fix + to try to build up the color on my eyes, but it really wouldn't show up as good as their Naked Palettes. Also with the fun colors, I was really looking forward to the pink and blue, but they had very little pigment. I would rather pick one of their Naked palettes over this because I think that a lot of brands don't put a lot of effort on limited edition products as much as their permanent ones, and this is a great example for that.
Courtney H.
Courtney H.
Review for: Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Eyeshadow Palette
This was one of the worst palettes I've ever used. Despite getting it on sale, I still ended up returning it because simply put, it's not worth the money. I was genuinely excited to try this palette as I am big on neutrals when it comes to eyes and this looked to be right up my alley. Upon actually receiving and trying the palette, I was incredibly disappointed to discover that most of the shades lacked pigment, were difficult to blend, and become muddied throughout the day. Certainly not the quality I have come to expect from Urban Decay eyeshadows, to say the least. It shouldn't take 10+ coats to get pigment to show up, there shouldn't be crazy fallout in the pan and on your face, and the colors shouldn't become muddied when blended - that is what I would expect of $1 eyeshadow, not of an Urban Decay palette originally priced at nearly $60.
Rachelle v.
Rachelle v.
Mulberry, Fl
This is an extremely functional, high-quality palette with buttery smooth neutral shades and a few pops of color. Buying it when I first saw it on sale was one of the best makeup decisions I've ever made. It's replaced my well-loved Naked Basics as my go-to morning palette. I have not had any issues with any of the colors showing up on my eyes. I typically use Skimp as an all-over neutralizing wash of color from lids to brow bone, Anaheim in the crease/outer corner, Stark or Bathwater as my primary lid color, and Blonde as my highlight. It's not hard to switch it up and incorporate more colors (1987 is a gorgeous one!) for more of a fun/nighttime look. I am SO happy I managed to snag another one of these palettes; I highly recommend this if you have fair-to-medium skin and are looking for a deal on beautifully packaged quality shadows
Heather T.
Heather T.
Wilmington, DE
Review for: Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Eyeshadow Palette
Let me start by saying, I have wanted this since it first came out. I have always been a Gwen Stefani / No Doubt fan and Urban Decay is one of my favorite brands. I had to pass on it though, as I am currently trying to save money. However this palette is now on sale for $25 at Urban Decay, Sephora AND Ulta. For that price I hurriedly grabbed one. First, the packaging is beautiful. It is sleek and sophisticated looking (even the box). The shadows are gorgeous, buttery smooth and well pigmented. They blend well and there is very little fall out, even from the glitter shades. If you like neutral palettes I think you will love this. It does have a few pops of color (i love the blue shade as an eyeliner). Overall, I think this is a great product and you really can't beat the sale price now. Definitely recommend you get this while you can.
ana o.
ana o.
This palette has great shades that are very versatile. It's the same great Urban Decay texture, which is almost creamy. It lasts all day with an eye shadow primer and the shadows are very blendable. The shade range is great and it's possible to do a variety of different looks with these colors. I will enjoy using this palette, even though I don't regularly make up my eyes. I only do it for special occasions but when I do, I like using this palette. It has every shade I could ever want and I think Gwen did an excellent job of selecting these shades. I have the Gwen Stefani brow box, which is great and is the perfect shade for blonds. I found it on sale at Sephora for half price so I scooped up two, just in case I loved it, and I definitely do. I have several UD single shadows and I absolutely love the quality.
anakaren m.
anakaren m.
Pasadena, TX
Okay so i've had my eye on this palette for quite some time. I've read some reviews on it and some aren't so great. For those of you who have bought it is it worth it?
Courtney C.
Courtney C.
Does anyone know if this palette will ever be produced again? Or was it a one-time limited edition release??
Angel B.
Angel B.
Mcalester, OK
I really want to try this. But I'm worried it's not worth the price?
Amanda R.
Amanda R.
I want to purchase this palette it is on sale! at Sephora but I was wondering are the colors well pigmented?
Kezia A.