BY URBAN DECAY #1 in Eye Primer

The number-one primer* for indestructible, all-day eyeshadow, our legendary Eyeshadow Primer Potion delivers everything you could possibly want in an eye primer: No creasing. More vibrant color. Smoother application.

Eyeshadow Primer Potion features space-age polymer technology that fills in any imperfections on the skin’s surface, prepping your lids for ALL-day shadow. Of course, every shade is paraben-free.

Now we’ve got more finishes than ever before! Caffeine (rich warm brown matte) works great for deeper skin tones and can also be used to intensify brown shadows. Use Freebase (opaque white matte) to brighten and intensify any shadow. Due to huge demand, we’re also bringing back Sin (pale nude shimmer).

Our gorgeous packaging features ombré artwork and a faceted, jewel-like cap. Squeeze the Potion directly from the tube or use our flocked wand applicator. Either way, you get precise, controlled application every time.

Urban Decay is 100% cruelty-free.

CAFFEINE:

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate.

EDEN:

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Trihydroxystearin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Aqua (Water/Eau).

May Contain:

CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides).

FREEBASE:

MINOR SIN:

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides,Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Aqua (Water/Eau).

May Contain:

Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 774491/774499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

ORIGINAL:

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Aqua (Water/Eau).

May Contain:

Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 774491/77492/774499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

SIN:

• What are the benefits of using an eyeshadow primer????353 Answers
  • Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion How would y'all rate...14 Answers
  • Do you guys feel like eye primer actually makes a differe...31 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "I have all the primer shades and I love them all. I have super oily lids so my eyeshadow and liner tend to slide off. Bit ever since I've started using the primer that's no longer an issue for me. It last a long time and you can totally use Sin or Greed on their own! They look really beautiful alone if you want a light makeup day with a touch of sparkle " in 2893 reviews
  • "Honestly the best eye shadow primer ever only one negative feed back is that it does dry out quick so application of the eyeshadow needs to be fast but other than that amazing." in 237 reviews
  • "Good primer a little goes a long way I've had 1 tube almost 2 years now has a nice healthy glow sometimes I use it even if I don't use any shadow just to give my lids an even color and use mascara and looks great" in 87 reviews
  • "I have tried many primers and I can say this is one of the best primers I have..a little goes a long way and makes your eye-shadow stay in place all day :))" in 70 reviews
  • "When I first started watching youtube and trying to do more with my eye makeup I always thought eyeshadow primer was an unnecessary step." in 67 reviews
Jasmine B.
Review for: Eden more...
This is my favorite primer. I use it in the morning and my eyeshadow stays put for at least 8 hours. It works with both my high end and low end shadows and liners.  It comes with an angled applicator to reach creases and corners for smooth shadow application. It is a little expensive at $20 but you don't have to use a lot so it should last a while.

If you want to wear pastel shades, go for the Original Primer Potion.  It has a nude finish that doesn't clash with other colors but still enhances the pigmentation of lighter shades.
Cathy H.
Palm beach
Works great once you set it, makes eye shadow last so much longer.
Tip: don’t put soooo much on just a then layer then set with loose setting powder so the shadow last long & blends out like butter
Faith S.
Pineville, LA
This is Urban Decay's #1 best-selling product, and for good reason. Apply before your eyeshadow for a more vibrant, crease-free color that lasts for 24 hours. This is the most legendary primer in the beauty industry. It is coveted by makeup artists and makeup fanatics alike because it guarantees more vibrant eyeshadow that lasts for 24 hours and never creases!

The original formula dries down invisibly, while Eden, Sin, and Greed are shades that can also be worn as shadows or highlighters!

This primer stays on forever and it is so creamy. Really quick and easy-to-use...my eyes look amazing every time. Eden is perfect for lighter skin tones. Your primer should always be lighter and brighter than your skin tone to really make your shadows "pop."

This primer really helps me get the most out of my eyeshadow, it makes the pigment unbelievably strong.
Brookelynne T.
Clearfield, PA
I'm typically an all day everyday Mac Paint Pot Girl myself! Macs Soft Ochre & Painterly Paint Pot have been my Holy Grail Eyeshadow Primers and Eyeshadow Bases for more years than I can count! But there is another Primer that I easily can reach for and use and love almost, and this is really hard for a die hard Mac fan & Mac Paint Pot all the time user to say...but Urban Decays Primer Potion is unbelievable amazing, and just as good as my Holy Grail Ride or Die Mac Paint Pots!!! The consistency is awesome and it has the perfect formula for No crease, all day hold, super bendable and flawless eyeshadow applications! I find you need to set this eyeshadow primer prior to applying your shadows regardless if you use a banana or translucent setting powder or a eye shadow that is a light creme, natural, or ought brown/tan color that matches your skin and blends in well to you eye! But wow, I wasn't sure if I was going to like it, or if it was going to be able to perform and hold my eyeshadow looks all day until decided to remove it with my fave make up remover or face wash! But to my surprise it does everything plus more! I don't ever have to worry about my shadows creasing, now blending or buffing out well and I always have a all day hold when using this UD Eyeshadow Potion Primer! I highly highly recommend it! They have a nice variety of different type, the original which is just a creamy nude awesome eyeshadow primer, Eden which is anti aging, and another that is like a shimmery eyeshadow primer...I have them all and I have to say Eden and original formula are my faves! It's def worth the price and hype behind it and can easily be purchases online, at any Sephora's, Ultra, or Big Stores & Retailers like Macys, Nordstrom's and multiple other make up outlet....it's super affordable and the awesome super cute tube with a gem handled applicators with a really soft doe foot to apply and spread out the primer contains allot, and I mean allot of product, a little goes a long way with this magically UD Primer Potion....literally a dab of the appointed on each eye lid then evenly lightly spreading it out with finger tips, concealer brush or your fave brush, or my fave way a mini damp Beauty blender, will have you eyeshadows beautiful, vivid and last all day...don't forget to Set It, and don't apply too much or it won't dry completely and you'll have a longer time using a beauty blender to absorb some of the excess primer and to evenly blend it out! It gets a easy 5 Stars From me and I'll always have multiple varieties of Urban Decays Primer potion in my personal and professional make up kits! Of course along side my Mac Paint Pots...lol! Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
Crisma G.
I have the primer potion in Edwn. I am olive skin tone and this shade works for me. It's is a great eye primer, I love that it adds a bit of coverage. If I'm going to prime I might as well conceal too, right? Haha This primer makes shadows go on with ease, and blending is much easier when I use it. I was using the original primer potion, I am glad I went with this primer instead. I for sure plan on buying this product again.
Mikayla C.
Mcallen, TX
These are the absolute best eyeshadow primers in the world. Right now the basic ones at Macy's are 8 bucks so go buy them now! My favorite is eden but it's about 20 bucks so I would go buy the basic also check ulta and Sephora online I want to say they're about 10 bucks
Beth S.
Trenton, MI
Review for: Original more...
Love this primer, evens lid for a longer wearing crease free shadow. It does come in a few different colors which is also nice. Size range for home or travel is nice as well. The smaller containers take up less space when packing. It also washes off nicely and leaves no residue. #mycultclassics
Caitlin G.
This is a great product for oily eyelids. I use the applicator to swipe on a thin layer, and then use my finger to pat it out around the eyelid and up to the brow bone. Watch out, if you use too much product it be can cakey and leave too much color. A little goes a long way! It keeps my eyeshadow vibrant and crease free for hours. I bought the deluxe sample version, 5 mL/0.16 fl oz, just so I could try it out first, and there is quite a bit of product in here for the price, especially as I don't use much of it at once.
Kayla R.
Del Rio, TX
Review for: Original more...
I love this primer!!! It helps make blending eyeshadows easy, it makes the colors pop, and the shadows will not budge all day long!!! The best part about this product is that you just don't have to use it with Urban Decay eyeshadows, but with ANY eyeshadows!
MoonSongMUA V.
Ashland
Review for: Caffeine more...
This product is a life saver! Last year I had went to a huge rock festival called Rick on the Range & it had rained A LOT! But my eyeshadow stayed in tacked everyday, all day! I was able to enjoy all the bands and the festivities without worrying if my makeup got messed up! The only downfall I see with this primer, is that it is a B***h to take off without a proper makeup remover!
Heather W.
Middleton , WI
What are the benefits of using an eyeshadow primer????
Allie b.
Lincoln, NE
Is this really worth the money?
Sarah S.
Houston, Tx
If you couldn't use Urban Decay Primer Potion...what's the next best thing?
Ameena F.
Troutdale, OR
Is this primer too expensive in some people's opinion?
Stephanie S.
Which UD Primer Potion is your favorite?