BY URBAN DECAY #1 in Eye Primer

The number-one primer* for indestructible, all-day eyeshadow, our legendary Eyeshadow Primer Potion delivers everything you could possibly want in an eye primer: No creasing. More vibrant color. Smoother application.

Eyeshadow Primer Potion features space-age polymer technology that fills in any imperfections on the skin’s surface, prepping your lids for ALL-day shadow. Of course, every shade is paraben-free.

Now we’ve got more finishes than ever before! Caffeine (rich warm brown matte) works great for deeper skin tones and can also be used to intensify brown shadows. Use Freebase (opaque white matte) to brighten and intensify any shadow. Due to huge demand, we’re also bringing back Sin (pale nude shimmer).

Our gorgeous packaging features ombré artwork and a faceted, jewel-like cap. Squeeze the Potion directly from the tube or use our flocked wand applicator. Either way, you get precise, controlled application every time.

Urban Decay is 100% cruelty-free.

CAFFEINE:

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate.

EDEN:

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Trihydroxystearin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Aqua (Water/Eau).

May Contain:

CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides).

FREEBASE:

MINOR SIN:

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides,Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Aqua (Water/Eau).

May Contain:

Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 774491/774499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

ORIGINAL:

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Aqua (Water/Eau).

May Contain:

Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 774491/77492/774499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

SIN:

• What are the benefits of using an eyeshadow primer????350 Answers
  • Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion How would y'all rate this an...11 Answers
  • Is this really worth the money?119 Answers
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
  • "I have all the primer shades and I love them all. I have super oily lids so my eyeshadow and liner tend to slide off. Bit ever since I've started using the primer that's no longer an issue for me. It last a long time and you can totally use Sin or Greed on their own! They look really beautiful alone if you want a light makeup day with a touch of sparkle " in 2893 reviews
  • "Honestly the best eye shadow primer ever only one negative feed back is that it does dry out quick so application of the eyeshadow needs to be fast but other than that amazing." in 237 reviews
  • "Good primer a little goes a long way I've had 1 tube almost 2 years now has a nice healthy glow sometimes I use it even if I don't use any shadow just to give my lids an even color and use mascara and looks great" in 87 reviews
  • "I have tried many primers and I can say this is one of the best primers I have..a little goes a long way and makes your eye-shadow stay in place all day :))" in 70 reviews
  • "When I first started watching youtube and trying to do more with my eye makeup I always thought eyeshadow primer was an unnecessary step." in 67 reviews
Gina C.
Bridgeport , MI
Review for: Original more...
The only primer I use. It is 100% worth every penny and lasts so long. I can use dollar eyeshadow and it will stick and stay put all day with no creasing or sliding around. Also, it is easy to blend my colors into the primer. This is a must have if you have hooded eyes or oily eyes like I do.
Lacee L.
Gonzales , LA
Review for: Sin more...
I absolutely adore this eye shadow primer! It is so easy to apply, with your finger spend it thin on your eyelid to prime that area for eyeshadow. Sin and greed are my favorite colors. I even wear just the primer alone sometimes because its so pretty.
This is a picture of greed, i couldn't find sin. LOL but i love them both.
Krupa P.
There aren't enough words in the world to describe how important it is to me to always have this product on hand. I have a full size, a back up full size and a travel size ALWAYS. I have ridiculously #oilyskin and especially my lids, they cannot be controlled. This somehow manages to do so. I've tried other primers, Too Faced Shadow insurance and L'oreal De-Crease have nothing on this puppy. Every time I put this on, my shadow stays for the whole day (12 hrs +), goes on super vibrant and does not crease whatsoever!

I can't speak for normal or dry lidded peeps but the only time his doesn't work that great is when:
1. I only put the primer on to keep the oily lid look at bay - it needs to at least be set with powder for me.
2. I use the Eden or Sin...only original seems to work for me. For whatever reason, those shades aren't as powerful.
Haley N.
Mobile, AL
Review for: Original more...
This is one of the few items I truly count with my "holy grail" products. I bought it because it was so recommended and so raved about. I have oily eyelids, and they crease so, so badly. I didn't bother with eyeshadow primer before I bought this. I just assumed that my eyeshadow was going to crease no matter what. But I finally bit the bullet and bought this product. I am so glad I did! It is affordable, and it lasts so long, the price is negligible. I use a tiny amount, and let it sink into my skin while I do other things on my face. That is important for this primer. The consistency is on the thicker side, but I don't mind that. I use it even for liner only days. It's mattifying and keeps my lids from becoming oil slicks. It brings out the pigment of even the most low end eye shadows. It doesn't affect blendability, and it just makes the colors stay. You won't ever find me without this product in my collection.
Jackeline C.
Review for: Original more...
Let me start out by saying i have SUPER-oily skin. and by that i mean my makeup stays on for maybe 6 hours. i have always had a problem with my eye-makeup wandering and getting so wedged into my creases, you couldn't see the color at all anymore.
this is the first eyeshadow primer that i have used, but i am very pleased with the results:
1. it takes very little of the product for total coverage. i applied this with a small brush (it's a creme form) and it spread evenly.

2. the color is a little orange for my skin-tone, but overall not bad. you cover it with color anyway so it doesn't really matter, gives a better color than moist eyelids.

3. my eyeshadow without primer lasts about 4 hours, but with this it lasted over 10. i put it on at 6am, it's 6pm now and i have little creases of makeup on my eyelids. don't let this deter you from buying this product, as i said, my skin is extremely oily.

oh and the little pot it comes in was smaller than i thought it would be, but since it takes so little per application, it will go a looooong way. a good purchase.
Stephanie A.
Arlington, VA
Review for: Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion more...
This is my go to eye primer. I buy it at Sephora. It comes in a nice packaging. I'm a repeat user of this - I've been using it for years. I have hazel eyes. I recommend this eye primer and will be buying it again!
hannah b.
Statesville, NC
Review for: Original more...
So normally I absolutely loooove urban decay products. That being said, I definitely had high hopes for this eyeshadow primer. Unfortunately I wasn't too impressed... I tried applying it by itself with nothing underneath and I also tried applying it after using toner and moisturizer, & neither time did I like the results. It didn't make my eyeshadow look more pigmented or radiant. I honestly couldn't tell the difference. And yes, I did let it set for a while before applying eyeshadow and vice versa. Ended up returning it.
Carlina S.
Buckeye , AZ
Review for: Original more...
I never really thought eye shadow primer was necessary and thought it was a gimmick to get people to buy more product. I tried a friend of mine's Urban Decay Primer Potion and was amazed at how fresh and long lasting my eye shadow was the whole day. I was a believer and soon bought this brand. I have tried a couple of other high-end brands, but I always come back to Urban Decay because the other brands just can't compare.
s b.
The eyeshadow primer potion itself looks like a beige colored thin lotion. It feels extremely silky to the touch. I take a tiny bit and blend it on the upper lid with my index finger. On blending, the potion becomes invisible and disappears into the skin almost immediately. I take whatever is remaining on my finger and spread on the corner of my eyes and near my lower lash line. And then go ahead and apply your eyeshadow as you normally would. One thing you have to watch out is that the UDPP literally grabs the eyeshadow onto the lids like a magnet (It’s true). You almost have no chance for mistakes. Also you need to blend out the shadow really really well to avoid sharp edges. Even crappy eye shadows look a whole lot vibrant when worn over the UDPP. The shadow stays put for 8 long hours (That’s the longest I have worn it). No creasing whatsoever! How awesome is that? Sometimes when I am applying a super smudgy eye pencil on my upper lash line, I apply UDPP to prevent smudging.
Autumn  M.
Los Angeles , CA
Review for: Original more...
This primer gives my makeup the ability to stay and last all day. Even if I shower and wash my face, my eye makeup is still nearly in tact after using this. Definitely recommend and would buy again!
Heather W.
Middleton, WI
What are the benefits of using an eyeshadow primer????
Allie b.
Lincoln, NE
Is this really worth the money?
Sarah S.
Houston, Tx
If you couldn't use Urban Decay Primer Potion...what's the next best thing?
Ameena F.
Troutdale, OR
Is this primer too expensive in some people's opinion?
Stephanie S.
Which UD Primer Potion is your favorite?