BY URBAN DECAY #1 in Eye Primer

The number-one primer* for indestructible, all-day eyeshadow, our legendary Eyeshadow Primer Potion delivers everything you could possibly want in an eye primer: No creasing. More vibrant color. Smoother application.

Eyeshadow Primer Potion features space-age polymer technology that fills in any imperfections on the skin’s surface, prepping your lids for ALL-day shadow. Of course, every shade is paraben-free.

Now we’ve got more finishes than ever before! Caffeine (rich warm brown matte) works great for deeper skin tones and can also be used to intensify brown shadows. Use Freebase (opaque white matte) to brighten and intensify any shadow. Due to huge demand, we’re also bringing back Sin (pale nude shimmer).

Our gorgeous packaging features ombré artwork and a faceted, jewel-like cap. Squeeze the Potion directly from the tube or use our flocked wand applicator. Either way, you get precise, controlled application every time.

Urban Decay is 100% cruelty-free.

CAFFEINE:

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate.

EDEN:

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Trihydroxystearin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Aqua (Water/Eau).

May Contain:

CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides).

FREEBASE:

MINOR SIN:

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides,Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Aqua (Water/Eau).

May Contain:

Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 774491/774499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

ORIGINAL:

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Aqua (Water/Eau).

May Contain:

Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 774491/77492/774499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

SIN:

• What are the benefits of using an eyeshadow primer????350 Answers
  • Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion How would y'all rate this an...11 Answers
  • Is this really worth the money?119 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "I have all the primer shades and I love them all. I have super oily lids so my eyeshadow and liner tend to slide off. Bit ever since I've started using the primer that's no longer an issue for me. It last a long time and you can totally use Sin or Greed on their own! They look really beautiful alone if you want a light makeup day with a touch of sparkle " in 2893 reviews
  • "Honestly the best eye shadow primer ever only one negative feed back is that it does dry out quick so application of the eyeshadow needs to be fast but other than that amazing." in 237 reviews
  • "Good primer a little goes a long way I've had 1 tube almost 2 years now has a nice healthy glow sometimes I use it even if I don't use any shadow just to give my lids an even color and use mascara and looks great" in 87 reviews
  • "I have tried many primers and I can say this is one of the best primers I have..a little goes a long way and makes your eye-shadow stay in place all day :))" in 70 reviews
  • "When I first started watching youtube and trying to do more with my eye makeup I always thought eyeshadow primer was an unnecessary step." in 67 reviews
Samia J.
Crest Hill, IL
Urban decay’s eyeshadow primer is by far the best eyeshadow primer I have ever used. I have been using this since day one, it’s my ride or die primer for the eyes. I have tried other products but it’s just never as good as the urban decay primer. It just leaves my eyeshadow lasting all day. I have never had a problem with creasing or my eye makeup everlooking bad due to this primer. I say look no further and purchase this urban decay eyeshadow primer. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
Sarah H.
Review for: Original more...
Goes on smoothly and melts into my skin easily. I notice more vibrancy to the eye shadow pigment, even application, great blending, and the colors are popping! I can not agree with how long Urban Decay says it lasts, I only get a few extra hours. I would definitely need to come home and start over again if I were going out. Oh well, nothing is perfect! I appreciate the quality of the primer's functions!
Shanna B.
Mandeville, LA
Review for: Original more...
Has never failed to give my eyeshadow great pigment. I have used this for years and it is my favorite eyeshadow primer. It is the perfect base and it makes all of my eyeshadow more opaque. You can definitely see a difference from when u use this primer and when you don’t use it. It is definitely worth it’s price
Alyssa T.
Harrisonburg, VA
Review for: Minor Sin more...
I've tried a few different Urban Decay eye shadow primer products and I really do like all of them. Minor Sin is my favorite just because it's shiny and it makes me feel good and happy because the way it looks, but I really do love all of them. They're great products and I like how it lasts a long time. Whether you have a sample size or a full product size, the product will last a long time.
Rosa D.
10/10 my favorite eyeshadow primer. I haven’t found anything that compares to it. My eyeshadow lasts all day, all night, and even sometimes when I go to be. I never ever have problems with creasing. It also makes the color of my eyeshadow more vibrant. Yes it’s expensive but a little tiny bit goes a long way. I usually just buy the trial size and it lasts months even though I use it every day.
Marie K.
Powell, TN
Review for: Original more...
A year ago, this was the eyeshadow primer every beauty blogger/vlogger was raving about. Because of some major FOMO, I quickly jumped on the bandwagon and purchased one for myself.

Urban Decay is definitely one of my favorite brands, so I expected a lot from this primer. Even though I do love this product and it really does a good job prolonging the time my eyeshadow actually stays where it's supposed it, I feel like there are some things that could be improved.

The applicator tip is kinda wonky, and it tends to create creases. Other than that .... great eyeshadow primer.
Karrey W.
Baton Rouge, LA
I liked this primer ok but it certainly wasn’t my favorite and it did irritate my eyes a bit. It had great staying power for my shadow but much like a lot of others, I have such a hard time with anything on my eye lids due to irritation. It didn’t cause any rash or anything but it did leave them a bit red. I’ll try something different next time. I’m sure for others it would work wonderfully.
Alyssa H.
Joliet, IL
Review for: Original more...
Initially I loved this product but after years of using it, I'm no longer impressed. Your eyeshadow won't stick as well if the primer completely dries. Half of the shadow will be underneath your eye. Also, keep the primer away from your eyelashes. I realized it makes it much more difficult to apply mascara evenly and ends up looking clumpy. It is a good product, just has a few flaws I'm just starting to notice. I plan to look into new products in the future.
Aryn W.
Stamford, CT
When my friends and family ask m for makeup recommendations or advice, this eye primer is the first thing on my list! I have helped people start their beauty regiment and I always tell them to start with an eye primer, and this brand in particular. It makes your eye shadow stay on all day, all night and through all your craziness that life throws at you! Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
Kayla J.
Muncie
Review for: Eden more...
I have really oily eyelids, so whenever I put eyeshadow on it usually all clumped together in the crease. I use this all the time now because it blocks keeps the oil away and keeps my eyeshadow in great condition all day long! I wouldn't use but a tiny bit for each eye because it goes on so nice that you don't need a lot. I've been using the product for 4 years now, and I absolutely love it!
Heather W.
Middleton, WI
What are the benefits of using an eyeshadow primer????
Allie b.
Lincoln, NE
Is this really worth the money?
Sarah S.
Houston, Tx
If you couldn't use Urban Decay Primer Potion...what's the next best thing?
Ameena F.
Troutdale, OR
Is this primer too expensive in some people's opinion?
Stephanie S.
Which UD Primer Potion is your favorite?