BY URBAN DECAY #1 in Eye Primer

The number-one primer* for indestructible, all-day eyeshadow, our legendary Eyeshadow Primer Potion delivers everything you could possibly want in an eye primer: No creasing. More vibrant color. Smoother application.

Eyeshadow Primer Potion features space-age polymer technology that fills in any imperfections on the skin’s surface, prepping your lids for ALL-day shadow. Of course, every shade is paraben-free.

Now we’ve got more finishes than ever before! Caffeine (rich warm brown matte) works great for deeper skin tones and can also be used to intensify brown shadows. Use Freebase (opaque white matte) to brighten and intensify any shadow. Due to huge demand, we’re also bringing back Sin (pale nude shimmer).

Our gorgeous packaging features ombré artwork and a faceted, jewel-like cap. Squeeze the Potion directly from the tube or use our flocked wand applicator. Either way, you get precise, controlled application every time.

Urban Decay is 100% cruelty-free.

CAFFEINE:

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate.

EDEN:

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Trihydroxystearin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Aqua (Water/Eau).

May Contain:

CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides).

FREEBASE:

MINOR SIN:

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides,Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Aqua (Water/Eau).

May Contain:

Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 774491/774499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

ORIGINAL:

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Aqua (Water/Eau).

May Contain:

Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 774491/77492/774499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

SIN:

• What are the benefits of using an eyeshadow primer????354 Answers
  • URBAN DECAY Eyeshadow Primer Potion How would y'all rate...14 Answers
  • Do you guys feel like eye primer actually makes a differe...32 Answers
URBAN DECAY Eyeshadow Primer Potion
  • "I have all the primer shades and I love them all. I have super oily lids so my eyeshadow and liner tend to slide off. Bit ever since I've started using the primer that's no longer an issue for me. It last a long time and you can totally use Sin or Greed on their own! They look really beautiful alone if you want a light makeup day with a touch of sparkle " in 2893 reviews
  • "Honestly the best eye shadow primer ever only one negative feed back is that it does dry out quick so application of the eyeshadow needs to be fast but other than that amazing." in 237 reviews
  • "Good primer a little goes a long way I've had 1 tube almost 2 years now has a nice healthy glow sometimes I use it even if I don't use any shadow just to give my lids an even color and use mascara and looks great" in 87 reviews
  • "I have tried many primers and I can say this is one of the best primers I have..a little goes a long way and makes your eye-shadow stay in place all day :))" in 70 reviews
  • "When I first started watching youtube and trying to do more with my eye makeup I always thought eyeshadow primer was an unnecessary step." in 67 reviews
Abbey S.
Marion , IN
Review for: MINOR SIN more...
For the past year, I haven’t really been using actual eyeshadow primer. I normally use concealer as a base and set it with setting powder. But when a friend had me try out this product, I fell in love with it! It gives the eyes such a beautiful shimmery look and is surprisingly easy to blend shadows into. This has been a staple in my makeup routine lately! Not crazy about the price point but if you can afford it, I would highly recommend it!
Joanna S.
Review for: Eden more...
After about two months of using this primer I would say that it's really good but has one flaw that might make me not repurchase.

So this does everything an eyeshadow primer should do, which is to prolong my eyeshadow look. I can say that my eye looks last all day and it helps a ton with my gel/pencil eyeliner as well. This dries down to a slightly tacky finish which I set with an eyeshadow color close to my skin tone; that makes my eyeshadows blend so much more smoother.

Now, with the flaw: It creases. This primer creases on my inner eye lids no matter which technique I use. And it starts creasing, like, 20 minutes in, which is disappointing because you can easily see a crease on my eyeshadow looks. And I would say I have normal eyelids that aren't oily to the extreme, so I shouldn't be having this problem. I've tried $3 eyeshadow primers that don't crease on me.

So would I recommend this primer? I'm not so sure. It's not a horrible primer at all. It's great at prolonging eyeshadow and covering up pigmentation on my eyelids, but that doesn't make up for the creasing. If the rating system was different I would rate this a 7.
Taylor K.
Conroe, TX
Review for: ORIGINAL more...
I actually used this product in a free sample that I got when purchasing a naked palette. I use it every day with my naked shadow, and my eyeshadow stays on all day and doesn't crease. I purchased this product from ulta after trying the sample, I loved it so much! It is about $20/bottle, but I have tried other discount eyeshadow primers, and they don't compare to this one! It smooths on my eyelid so perfectly and even, I just have to rub it in with my finger, and little goes a long way! I only have to use a little on each application, so this tube lasted me for almost a year, and I wear eyeshadow every day!! I will continue to purchase this eye shadow primer, even if I use it with other brands of eyeshadows, it still works great. I would recommend this eye primer to anyone and am overall very satisfied with this product.
MoonSongMUA V.
Ashland
Review for: Caffeine more...
This product is a life saver! Last year I had went to a huge rock festival called Rick on the Range & it had rained A LOT! But my eyeshadow stayed in tacked everyday, all day! I was able to enjoy all the bands and the festivities without worrying if my makeup got messed up! The only downfall I see with this primer, is that it is a B***h to take off without a proper makeup remover!
Valentina C.
Gainesville , GA
Review for: Nude more...
Let’s talk about this primer it’s amazing I body and I literally wasted it all I had to go by and buy another one on this product it’s really good and it’s a really good base for your eyeshadows it makes your eyes shadows last forever nothing is wrong with this primer it’s so easy to use and very very nice to work with when you apply to you I am it’s kind of pricey but honestly it’s Wednesday you should buy if you’re looking to buy I think everyone should try and I promise you you’re not even going to sweat from eyelids and I know that you’re not up to doing
L.Rhodes R.
Taylorsville
Everyone I know just raves about how wonderful this product is. I got a sample size from Sephora and I was so excited to use it! I was pretty disappointed from how hyped it was though. I hear that it is suppose to help so that the shadow doesn't crease on the lid but that is all I experienced. I tried it with several different shadows from different palettes in a huge range of colors and each time I was left with creased eye shadows. I am hoping that the sample of this product was just old but it changed my mind on wanting to purchase it for myself.
Jennifer S.
Middlebrg Hts, OH
Review for: ORIGINAL more...
This eyeshadow primer is easy to use and definitely makes eyeshadow last longer and appear more vivid than just a naked eyelid. I have found myself reaching for the shade Eden more often than the Original only because my eye lids are very thin and pigmented so I need something that brightens them and evens them out and gives me a flat canvas to work with. But this is a holy grail product and I always recommend it.
Parisa K.
Holly Springs, NC
Review for: ORIGINAL more...
So far of the high end eyeshadow primers this one has been my favorite. I have very oily lids and eyeshadow does not stay put very well on me unless I use a good primer. This one is a little thicker and drier in my opinion but it works wonderfully and keeps shadow on all day. It’s also not super sticky so eyeshadow still blends well on it. Sometimes I use it even without eyeshadow to even out my color. I have only tried the original so I am not sure if I prefer any other formula but a little goes a long way so it will be a while before I need another :)
hannah b.
Statesville, NC
Review for: ORIGINAL more...
So normally I absolutely loooove urban decay products. That being said, I definitely had high hopes for this eyeshadow primer. Unfortunately I wasn't too impressed... I tried applying it by itself with nothing underneath and I also tried applying it after using toner and moisturizer, & neither time did I like the results. It didn't make my eyeshadow look more pigmented or radiant. I honestly couldn't tell the difference. And yes, I did let it set for a while before applying eyeshadow and vice versa. Ended up returning it.
Heather W.
Elgin
Review for: ORIGINAL, FREEBASE, MINOR SIN, Sin more...
The first time I used this, it was the original.  My best friend and I had no idea what it was since it came with an eyeshadow palette she had been gifted when we were in middle school.  So we used it and then figured the makeup would come off in our sleep. We were very wrong. We both woke up looking like panda hookers.  The second time I used this product, I was a littlw more experienced with makeup. Unfortunately, my boyfriend had left me that day. But despite all the crying, my eyeshadow didn't smudge or fade all day.
Heather W.
Middleton , WI
What are the benefits of using an eyeshadow primer????
Allie b.
Lincoln, NE
Is this really worth the money?
Sarah S.
Houston, Tx
If you couldn't use Urban Decay Primer Potion...what's the next best thing?
Ameena F.
Troutdale, OR
Is this primer too expensive in some people's opinion?
Stephanie S.
Which UD Primer Potion is your favorite?

back