BY URBAN DECAY #1 in Eye Primer

Buy now on Sephora
and get 4.0% CASH BACK with
powered by

The number-one primer* for indestructible, all-day eyeshadow, our legendary Eyeshadow Primer Potion delivers everything you could possibly want in an eye primer: No creasing. More vibrant color. Smoother application.

Eyeshadow Primer Potion features space-age polymer technology that fills in any imperfections on the skin’s surface, prepping your lids for ALL-day shadow. Of course, every shade is paraben-free.

Now we’ve got more finishes than ever before! Caffeine (rich warm brown matte) works great for deeper skin tones and can also be used to intensify brown shadows. Use Freebase (opaque white matte) to brighten and intensify any shadow. Due to huge demand, we’re also bringing back Sin (pale nude shimmer).

Our gorgeous packaging features ombré artwork and a faceted, jewel-like cap. Squeeze the Potion directly from the tube or use our flocked wand applicator. Either way, you get precise, controlled application every time.

Urban Decay is 100% cruelty-free.

CAFFEINE:

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate.

EDEN:

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Trihydroxystearin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Aqua (Water/Eau).

May Contain:

CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides).

FREEBASE:

MINOR SIN:

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides,Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Aqua (Water/Eau).

May Contain:

Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 774491/774499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

ORIGINAL:

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Aqua (Water/Eau).

May Contain:

Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 774491/77492/774499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

SIN:

• What are the benefits of using an eyeshadow primer????354 Answers
  • Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion How would y'all rate...14 Answers
  • Do you guys feel like eye primer actually makes a differe...32 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "I have all the primer shades and I love them all. I have super oily lids so my eyeshadow and liner tend to slide off. Bit ever since I've started using the primer that's no longer an issue for me. It last a long time and you can totally use Sin or Greed on their own! They look really beautiful alone if you want a light makeup day with a touch of sparkle " in 2893 reviews
  • "Honestly the best eye shadow primer ever only one negative feed back is that it does dry out quick so application of the eyeshadow needs to be fast but other than that amazing." in 237 reviews
  • "Good primer a little goes a long way I've had 1 tube almost 2 years now has a nice healthy glow sometimes I use it even if I don't use any shadow just to give my lids an even color and use mascara and looks great" in 87 reviews
  • "I have tried many primers and I can say this is one of the best primers I have..a little goes a long way and makes your eye-shadow stay in place all day :))" in 70 reviews
  • "When I first started watching youtube and trying to do more with my eye makeup I always thought eyeshadow primer was an unnecessary step." in 67 reviews
Caitlin M.
Review for: Original more...
This is another product I've heard people raving about but never actually thought would be good for my minimalist makeup routine. But I must say I was wrong!

It takes up no more time to use than applying eyeshadow and it seriously made me reconsider a few shadows that I previously thought had no-staying power. It has a nice texture that truly does create a great base coat for shadow. I actually even liked the look of it so much that I'd consider wearing it solo—it smoothed out my lids and kept oil at bay. (Yes, oily lids are a thing.)

I was impressed after a month of using this and can say that I totally get why this has a fan following. Only giving it 4 stars because I think the applicator tip can be improved!
Meagan A.
Red Lion, PA
Review for: Original, Sin, Eden, Other more...
For the LONGEST time I had super oily eyelids and the original primer potion was the only eye primer that could stand the test of time on my lids!

The Sin & Eden colors didn't always work for me until my skin calmed down or it was winter (since summer = extra oily skin for me), but now I can confidently say they all work AMAZINGLY on me and I use Sin and another color (maybe it's discontinued but it is a shimmery gold) 5 days a week! I alternate between the 2, but they add just enough color that I don't need eyeshadow, but they compliment any eyeshadow I layer on top, too.
LeShae S.
Williamsburg, KY
Review for: Eden more...
I have always had oily lids. Always. Because of this, I could never get eyeshadow to last. It would look beautiful in the mornings but about two or three hours later it would all be gathered in the crease of my eye. I tried different drugstore primers and concealers to fix this issue, but nothing seemed to work. So on my very first trip to an Ulta, this is what I bought. The shade Eden is a little darker than I would have liked, but I got it since the original was sold out. It works like a dream and I've never had a problem with my eyeshadows when using this product.
Holly M.
Metairie, LA
My favorite eyeshadow primer of all time. Takes away redness, goes on the eyes and dries down like a dream when applied. This stuff is amazing! Doesn’t crease the eyeshadow and sets well with a translucent powder or neutral crease shade. Makes shadows last a great amount of time and not hard to get off with makeup remover. I always purchase different formulas of this when they come out. This one is my favorite though. Will continue to repurchase at Sephora or online. I will definitely recommend this to anyone or any of my clients that are lookin for an amazing eyeshadow primer. This stuff is the bomb!
Katie T.
Review for: Original, Sin, Eden more...
This is my second favorite eye primer, and it was my favorite until I tried the one from NARS. It dries down very smooth but I find it a bit tackier than the NARS one, but eyeshadows really grab on and stay where you put them. You can sleep in your eye makeup and it will still look beautiful in the morning (I’ve tried it on accident). I really enjoy their most recent packaging and I’ve tried multiple colors. Eden is great as a color correcting base for fair to medium skin tones, original is colorless, and Sin is great to wear on its own as a cream eyeshadow. Yes it’s expensive but it lasts such a long time.
Jessica F.
Peoria
Review for: Original, Sin more...
In all honesty, it's rare that I'll use an actual eyeshadow primer. I usually tend to use concealer for my eyeshadow primer. But when I do reach for one, it's the Urban Decay Primer Potion. I like how lightweight it is & doesn't feel heavy or greasy on my eyelids. In order for it to last all day, it's really important that you set the primer with either a setting powder or some sort of translucent powder before applying your eyeshadow. This will keep it lasting all day. If you don't set it with a powder, it will end up creasing within the first couple hours.
Abbey S.
Marion, IN
Review for: Minor Sin more...
For the past year, I haven’t really been using actual eyeshadow primer. I normally use concealer as a base and set it with setting powder. But when a friend had me try out this product, I fell in love with it! It gives the eyes such a beautiful shimmery look and is surprisingly easy to blend shadows into. This has been a staple in my makeup routine lately! Not crazy about the price point but if you can afford it, I would highly recommend it!
Payton F.
Surprise
Review for: Original more...
Love this primer!! I have repurchased many times from Sephora and Ulta and will continue to. It really does a great job of keeping the shadows in place and makes them look more vibrant. It is a little sheer though! I wouldn't recommend this one if you are looking for a primer to cover any veins or discoloration on the eyelid. If you're just looking something to help with oily eyelids this is the one!
Joanna S.
Review for: Eden more...
After about two months of using this primer I would say that it's really good but has one flaw that might make me not repurchase.

So this does everything an eyeshadow primer should do, which is to prolong my eyeshadow look. I can say that my eye looks last all day and it helps a ton with my gel/pencil eyeliner as well. This dries down to a slightly tacky finish which I set with an eyeshadow color close to my skin tone; that makes my eyeshadows blend so much more smoother.

Now, with the flaw: It creases. This primer creases on my inner eye lids no matter which technique I use. And it starts creasing, like, 20 minutes in, which is disappointing because you can easily see a crease on my eyeshadow looks. And I would say I have normal eyelids that aren't oily to the extreme, so I shouldn't be having this problem. I've tried $3 eyeshadow primers that don't crease on me.

So would I recommend this primer? I'm not so sure. It's not a horrible primer at all. It's great at prolonging eyeshadow and covering up pigmentation on my eyelids, but that doesn't make up for the creasing. If the rating system was different I would rate this a 7.
MoonSongMUA V.
Ashland
Review for: Caffeine more...
This product is a life saver! Last year I had went to a huge rock festival called Rick on the Range & it had rained A LOT! But my eyeshadow stayed in tacked everyday, all day! I was able to enjoy all the bands and the festivities without worrying if my makeup got messed up! The only downfall I see with this primer, is that it is a B***h to take off without a proper makeup remover!
Heather W.
Middleton , WI
What are the benefits of using an eyeshadow primer????
Allie b.
Lincoln, NE
Is this really worth the money?
Sarah S.
Houston, Tx
If you couldn't use Urban Decay Primer Potion...what's the next best thing?
Ameena F.
Troutdale, OR
Is this primer too expensive in some people's opinion?
Stephanie S.
Which UD Primer Potion is your favorite?

back