BY URBAN DECAY #1 in Eye Primer

The number-one primer* for indestructible, all-day eyeshadow, our legendary Eyeshadow Primer Potion delivers everything you could possibly want in an eye primer: No creasing. More vibrant color. Smoother application.

Eyeshadow Primer Potion features space-age polymer technology that fills in any imperfections on the skin’s surface, prepping your lids for ALL-day shadow. Of course, every shade is paraben-free.

Now we’ve got more finishes than ever before! Caffeine (rich warm brown matte) works great for deeper skin tones and can also be used to intensify brown shadows. Use Freebase (opaque white matte) to brighten and intensify any shadow. Due to huge demand, we’re also bringing back Sin (pale nude shimmer).

Our gorgeous packaging features ombré artwork and a faceted, jewel-like cap. Squeeze the Potion directly from the tube or use our flocked wand applicator. Either way, you get precise, controlled application every time.

Urban Decay is 100% cruelty-free.

CAFFEINE:

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate.

EDEN:

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Trihydroxystearin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Aqua (Water/Eau).

May Contain:

CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides).

FREEBASE:

MINOR SIN:

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides,Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Aqua (Water/Eau).

May Contain:

Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 774491/774499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

ORIGINAL:

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Aqua (Water/Eau).

May Contain:

Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 774491/77492/774499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

SIN:

• What are the benefits of using an eyeshadow primer????352 Answers
  • Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion How would y'all rate...13 Answers
  • Do you guys feel like eye primer actually makes a differe...31 Answers
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
  • "I have all the primer shades and I love them all. I have super oily lids so my eyeshadow and liner tend to slide off. Bit ever since I've started using the primer that's no longer an issue for me. It last a long time and you can totally use Sin or Greed on their own! They look really beautiful alone if you want a light makeup day with a touch of sparkle " in 2893 reviews
  • "Honestly the best eye shadow primer ever only one negative feed back is that it does dry out quick so application of the eyeshadow needs to be fast but other than that amazing." in 237 reviews
  • "Good primer a little goes a long way I've had 1 tube almost 2 years now has a nice healthy glow sometimes I use it even if I don't use any shadow just to give my lids an even color and use mascara and looks great" in 87 reviews
  • "I have tried many primers and I can say this is one of the best primers I have..a little goes a long way and makes your eye-shadow stay in place all day :))" in 70 reviews
  • "When I first started watching youtube and trying to do more with my eye makeup I always thought eyeshadow primer was an unnecessary step." in 67 reviews
Kym B.
Denver, CO
Review for: FreeBase, Minor Sin more...
This eyeshadow primer works great. If I use this under my eyeshadow, it won't crease at all. And the color stays on throughout the day. Without primer, by lunchtime I look like I'm hardly wearing any eyeshadow at all. But this keeps it looking nice -- definitely makes it worthwhile to buy the nice eyeshadows and spend time doing my eye makeup. Also, if you get one of the tinted shades like Minor Sin -- a shimmery, golden color -- you can just use that in lieu of eyeshadow when you are doing minimal makeup. I can put on that, a bit of mascara, and some gloss and be done for summer days when I don't want to wear much makeup. It gives me just a hint of shimmery color that doesn't crease or fade. Plus, I have sensitive skin and I've never had any reactions to the Urban Decay primers.
M K.
Review for: Original more...
This is must have for humid, (sub)tropical climate
if & when you are using eyeshadow.

I have the mini, travel ready version which is my make-up bag staple. It
does last much longer in cold, dry climate 8 hours compared to 5 hours.  I have super oily lids. I
love the smooth, non-greasy application which makes the eyeshadow color pop,
stay in place and last. I have light-medium skin which tans easily with cool
red/pink undertones.

My parting thoughts are not all formulations work for
everyone so use reviews as a starting point looking for those who have the same
skin complexion/tone and type as you. The con is it is not a “natural” product.
Definitely a must try!

Nina A.
Review for: Original more...
I’ve been using this erratically for 3 years and I like it, but it wouldn’t be my first choice. I would use concealer to hide my discoloration. For some reason, this primer doesn’t blend sometimes and it ends up getting patchy (I think that’s my fault though). If you don’t have discolored eyelids then I would recommend this, since it holds the eyeshadows extremely well but it doesn’t cover much.
Krista S.
Lexington
Review for: Sin more...
I've been using the original formula and like it. I really love champagne-colored e/s colors, so when I heard that Sin was going to be champagne in color, I had to try it out. I REALLY like it! Even more so than the original formula. The shimmer is not overboard. Very subtle but fun. Definitely can be used as a highlighter if you don't feel like putting on a powder e/s. It's a little bit wetter in my opinion which is good for me because my eyelids are dry and this keeps my e/s on. When I go to bed at night, my e/s looks just the way I put it on in the a.m.! It's crazy. I really recommend this product, especially if you have dry skin and need something to make your e/s stay put.
Jessika A.
Review for: Original more...
The original Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion is my absolute favorite eyeshadow primer. I’ve been buying it since it came with an applicator, instead of just the squeeze tube. (Although I’ve been reading reviews from recently that seem to indicate that they may have gone back to the applicator? I haven’t bought one in a while because I only just ran out, so I’m not sure, so I will check on this and update this review). This is my holy grail eyeshadow primer. It makes my shadows last on my lids all day and all night. Even when I shower, this makes the shadow stay. The price isn’t terrible, because this products lasts me forever! A little goes a very long way. I highly recommend this product.
Andi W.
Wichita
I hate this product every single time I put it on it either completely takes away all my makeup surrounding my eye area it's somehow dissolves it eats it? I don't know where it goes but I can't get this to blend in with my foundation for the life of me. I've tried putting it on before my Foundation then when I try to put foundation near my eye area it dissolves. I tried putting it on after my foundation and when I try to blend this into my eye Foundation it looks so horrible I have to completely wipe it all off and start over again. This stuff is an oily mess and there are so many better eye primers out there. Don't waste your money don't believe the hype this stuff sucks!
T I F F A N Y 💎.
Austin, TX
Review for: Original more...
Contrary to popular opinion this was one of my least favorite primers. Squeezing from the tube, the formula came out chunky. Just kind of gross looking, when comparing to the smoother formulas of other primers. Felt that it didn't apply evenly to my eyelids either. As for how it worked, not really. The base color of my eyeshadow would come on fine, in terms of color. However, this is the only part of my eyeshadow that would stay put, too strongly I would say. In other words, the primer made it VERY DIFFICULT TO BLEND. As for other layers/colors of eyeshadow the primer just did not work. Going to stick to my TooFaced Shadow Indsurance instead.
Shelby F.
Review for: Original more...
This primer is pretty decent but I don't end up reaching for it everyday. It really does make the eyeshadow last all day but I find that most of my Urban Decay eyeshadows last all day without a primer anyways so I don't think its that needed. It comes with a doe foot applicator like a lip gloss which is kind of annoying as you can never really reach the sides of the tube, so when you think your out of product there is still a lot of product left in the tube you just cannot reach. Overall I think this is a good product if you find that your eyeshadows don't last all day, but it is not one of my most reached for products in my collection.
Kylie D.
I love love love this primer!! My sister in law introduced me to this 2 years ago and I have never looked back. I always say it is like a glue for my eyeshadow. Most eye primers leave a smooth feeling, like a face primer. But this primer goes on like butter but your shadow will stick like glue. Now, it will come off with a make up wipe so I mean glue in the best way possible. Even my most pigmented shadows pop 10x more with this primer. I have not been able to find an eye shaow primer that is anywhere close to this quality. Recommend this to everyone! Although it's pricier than any drugstore primer, it runs around the same as your Too Faced, Tarte, or other higher end make up products. I got mine from Ulta for $29.00. There are different versions of this and I use Eden because it has a slight shimmer to it, but it is not glittery at all.
MacKenzie K.
Review for: Other more...
I would always reccommend using an eyeshadow primer.  I use the anti-aging one and I love it I work 12.5 hour shifts in a hospital and my eyeshadow does not budge. Before I found this primer I had hug issues with my shadow creasing or coming off completely. You don't need a lot and the brush applicator makes it very easy to apply. I brush some on my lids and them smooth it with my finger. Goes on flawlessly.  Makeup removes easily with makeup remover. It is not sticky or tacky. If I put it on and then decided to not where eyeshadow, I would just leave it and nobody is able to tell. <3
Heather W.
Middleton, WI
What are the benefits of using an eyeshadow primer????
Allie b.
Lincoln, NE
Is this really worth the money?
Sarah S.
Houston, Tx
If you couldn't use Urban Decay Primer Potion...what's the next best thing?
Ameena F.
Troutdale, OR
Is this primer too expensive in some people's opinion?
Stephanie S.
Which UD Primer Potion is your favorite?