BY URBAN DECAY #1 in Eye Primer

The number-one primer* for indestructible, all-day eyeshadow, our legendary Eyeshadow Primer Potion delivers everything you could possibly want in an eye primer: No creasing. More vibrant color. Smoother application.

Eyeshadow Primer Potion features space-age polymer technology that fills in any imperfections on the skin’s surface, prepping your lids for ALL-day shadow. Of course, every shade is paraben-free.

Now we’ve got more finishes than ever before! Caffeine (rich warm brown matte) works great for deeper skin tones and can also be used to intensify brown shadows. Use Freebase (opaque white matte) to brighten and intensify any shadow. Due to huge demand, we’re also bringing back Sin (pale nude shimmer).

Our gorgeous packaging features ombré artwork and a faceted, jewel-like cap. Squeeze the Potion directly from the tube or use our flocked wand applicator. Either way, you get precise, controlled application every time.

Urban Decay is 100% cruelty-free.

CAFFEINE:

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate.

EDEN:

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Trihydroxystearin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Aqua (Water/Eau).

May Contain:

CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides).

FREEBASE:

MINOR SIN:

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides,Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Aqua (Water/Eau).

May Contain:

Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 774491/774499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

ORIGINAL:

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Aqua (Water/Eau).

May Contain:

Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 774491/77492/774499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

SIN:

• What are the benefits of using an eyeshadow primer????354 Answers
  • Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion How would y'all rate...14 Answers
  • Do you guys feel like eye primer actually makes a differe...32 Answers
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
  • "I have all the primer shades and I love them all. I have super oily lids so my eyeshadow and liner tend to slide off. Bit ever since I've started using the primer that's no longer an issue for me. It last a long time and you can totally use Sin or Greed on their own! They look really beautiful alone if you want a light makeup day with a touch of sparkle " in 2893 reviews
  • "Honestly the best eye shadow primer ever only one negative feed back is that it does dry out quick so application of the eyeshadow needs to be fast but other than that amazing." in 237 reviews
  • "Good primer a little goes a long way I've had 1 tube almost 2 years now has a nice healthy glow sometimes I use it even if I don't use any shadow just to give my lids an even color and use mascara and looks great" in 87 reviews
  • "I have tried many primers and I can say this is one of the best primers I have..a little goes a long way and makes your eye-shadow stay in place all day :))" in 70 reviews
  • "When I first started watching youtube and trying to do more with my eye makeup I always thought eyeshadow primer was an unnecessary step." in 67 reviews
Hue V.
San Jose, CA
Review for: Nude more...
If you want your eyeshadow to last all day without smudging or fading, this is your go to eyeshadow primer. If you also have oily eyelids this also helps prevent the shadow from creasing as well which is why I gave this product 4 stars. Now, I struggle with EXTREMELY oily eyelids and I seriously mean it. I can’t even put waterproof eyeliner on my eyelids without it from smudging off and when I put false lashes on, I can feel the lash glue loosening on my eyelids from the oils. This primer will for sure still make your shadow crease. The reason why I still use this product is because I learn from trial and error you have to put enough eyeshadow (powder) on your eyelids to help prevent the oils from seeping. Basically you are setting the oils with powder.

Tips and tricks to what I do to help prevent my eyeliner and eyelash glue from smudging or breaking up:
1. Apply the eyeshadow primer
2. You may use an eyeshadow that is the same color as your face to make it match, a slightly lighter color than your skin to brighten the eyelids, darker color to give you a natural smoky eye, or a powder foundation. You may use translucent powder but I feel like I have to reapply mid-day and I also want to hide my veins on my eyelid by using something that has more color.
3. Pack the color on the eyelids
4. Apply the rest of the make up.
Carly S.
Review for: ORIGINAL more...
Listen up Ladies! If you are struggling to find a liking with this primer, keep reading.

I bought this on sale at Ulta. I normally use Ulta eyeshadow primer but it doesn’t hold much better than 8 hours.

I used the Urban Decay and within a few hour it creased. WTF? I was so confused and mad. How does this get sooo many good reviews?

Here is the solution: SET YOUR PRIMER WITH SETTING POWDER AFTER APPLYING IT! It will last literally 24 hours. Such a life changer!!

I am now in love with this primer. I put it on, set it with setting powder, and then apply eyeshadow. Stays on all day with no creases.

I do hate the stop applicator (I’d rather squeeze the tube onto my finger). Probably the only downfall is the packaging.
Lindsey K.
Louisa
I never thought I would need a primer until I discovered the world of pigmented makeup and oh my what a difference a good primer makes. I tried an Ultra brand primer, and while it worked for making my eyeshadow stay it didn't quite give me that color punch that I needed.

After comparing the various Urban Decay primer products I settled on Eden, because I liked how opaque and thick it was compared to the others. Using the wand I apply several dots all over my eyelids, and then use it like an eyeliner under my eyes. I blend a little with my finger to make everything even and let it dry (it takes only a few moments). At this point, I apply my eyeshadow as usual. Hello, gorgeous blues and vivids purples! I haven't had any issues with creasing. I truly love this product and only wish a. It cost a little less and b. Came with a little more product. I use it almost every day and hope not to run out any time soon.
Katy F.
West Palm Beach
Urban Decay eyeshadow primer potions are all nice, but I really like my primer to have a skin toned pigment to it I just feel like it covers up any names that might show through and you're able to show the true color of the shades you use. Out of all of that my favorite is definitely Eden for that very reason Eden has a skin tone finish to it so you can get the true pigments of your eye shadows to show through. I guess it's all a matter of preference but I seem to gravitate towards the skin tone ones like NYX professional makeup eyeshadow base in skin tone or Mac soft ochre I'm not crazy about the ones that are just opaque or even White but if I'm doing a really super smokey eye I do like a darker base NYX makes a great one in Black I know it sounds scary but it's actually very nice with a smokey eye. So while all the Urban Decay primer potions are good primers they seem to make your shadows last and allow the pigments to shine through Eden is definitely my favorite for the simple reason that it has a skin toned color to it.
Sam E.
Chicago
Review for: ORIGINAL more...
When I first started using makeup I generally shied away from eyeshadow because I felt like no matter what I did, the pigment barely showed up and even what you could see vanished in a few hours and it just didn't seem worth. Then a friend recommended this eyeshadow primer and everything changed! I notice a huge difference in pigment intensity and how long my shadow lasts when I use. It's such a simple thing that makes such a huge difference.

Once for fun, just to test how much of a difference this primer actually makes, I applied it to only one eye, then put on my shadow just like I would any other day, the same way on both eyes. The eye with the primer was noticeably more pigmented and after about 4 hours, the eyeshadow on the eye without primer was really faded but the eyeshadow on the eye with primer was still going strong! I wish I had taken a photo because the difference was really striking. Now I never apply eyeshadow without primer.
Jamie M.
Gainesville
So I have extra extra oily eyelids and they are slightly hooded as well so every time I wore eyeshadow I would end up with that thick collection of product all balled up in a line in my crease. I just dealt with it by patting out the eyeshadow through out the day, not giving any attention to primers, then one day I see that the primer potion is on sale so I decide to heck with it, I would give it a try. That was about a year ago and I still have product left. I use just a tad bit and pat it in all over the lid and the eyeshadow stays put all day. No more thick line of shadow collecting in my crease. I am beyond happy with the product and I am pretty impressed that it has been a year and I am just now running low. You hardly need any product at all, just enough to do a thin layer over where you will be applying shadow. I use it about 4 times a week since I don't wear shadow everyday. I am a forever fan.
Chelsea N.
Review for: Nude more...
Maybe I’m just using this wrong, but I don’t get the hype. The first one Sephora sent me looked like it had been used & the applicator was bent so they sent me a new one, but both bottles seemed like they were dried out or something. I’ve tried to make it work bc I see rave reviews - but for me it goes on patchy & pills up, almost crumbly. It doesn’t seem worth the effort though to try a third bottle. I have dry skin so I don’t have a huge need for primer though. So maybe it’s just me!
Macee K.
Minneola, KS
Review for: Eyeshadow Primer Potion Tube - Original 0.37 oz / 11 ml more...
I don’t like this product. I’ve tried the original and even and it just doesn’t work for me. It makes my shadows difficult to blend and it adds so much texture to an area of my face where I don’t have any texture at all. It makes the colors a little more pigmented but it doesn’t outweigh how hard things are to blend at that point. If you were tying to do a very packed precise placement of color it may be helpful. I don’t know I am just not impressed with how this formula works for me. I definitely won’t buy this unless it’s on a huge huge sale and I impulse buy it thinking I’ll be a let to figure out how to make it work. It’s just not worth it for me.
Marissa S.
Review for: ORIGINAL more...
This is a holy grail for a reason! I bought this in January and have used it 4 times a week since then and I still have plenty of product. Packaging makes it perfect for on the go and the application of the item is quick and easy. I usually blend it in with my fingers. Now, about the product. I put it on at 8am, then applied my eyeshadows. It made them stand out and seem more pigmented than what they were before. They were E.L.F. Eyeshadows btw. They lasted for 12 HOURS on my oily lids before starting to fall apart and crease. And this was only last week. They lasted for up to 16 hours in the winter! So yes. This is a wonderful product that I highly recommend.
Abbey L.
Painesville, OH
Review for: EDEN more...
I first picked this up at Sephora years ago after seeing my mother use it and I quickly fell in love with it!

I like the squeeze tube packing - makes it easy to get out every last bit of product before repurchasing. The doefoot applicator makes it easy to apply, and it glides on the skin smoothly. The shade "Eden" in particular is what I use, because it has some color to it and it gives me a nice base to work with.

I only docked a star because it dries down so quickly that sometimes it's a challenge to blend it over your eyelid in time. Other than that, it performs like a champion. Eyeshadow pops vibrantly and lasts all day over this primer. I've never noticed any creasing either!

Overall, this stuff is a hit for a reason. If you're looking for a great eyeshadow primer, look no further. Great work, Urban Decay!
Michaela D.
CAPITOLA, CA
Some people I've spoken to have said that eyeshadow primer is a must-have and others have said they just use their full-face primer. Is there really that much of an added benefit I'm comparison to regular primer?
Codie W.
Indiana
Still really wanting to try this. Is it really as good as what everyone says? Ive heard it messes some eyeshadows up:(
Katie B.
I have never used an eyeshadow primer, but heard this primer was amazing. I would love to know if anyone else hs used it and their feelings on this product before I actually try it?
Jewel D.
Douglasville, GA
I have been looking for a good primer for a while. Is this primer a good primer that won't come off after a while?
Marie T.
Which Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion is your favorite?

back