Vinamae M.
Vinamae M.
Spokane, Wa
How do you like this high end product primer compared to elf's 1 dollar primer?
Jessica W.
Jessica W.
Eugene, OR
4 years, 6 months ago
You can tell the Urban Decay one works way better if you play with it on your hand is goes on a litttttle sticky so the shadows stick and blend then it dries and keeps everything in place!
Lyn M.
Lyn M.
4 years, 7 months ago
The UD one costs 20 times as much, but isn't 20 times as good. If you just want something that will keep your eyeshadow from creasing and fading all day, then the elf is going to work wonderfully well. If you also want it to intensify the color of the shadow, the elf one isn't going to do that. But some people think that makes it harder to blend. I'd recommend getting a sample of the UD version and comparing it to the elf one yourself. It's a lot about personal preference.
Heather R.
Heather R.
Arlington Hts, IL
4 years, 10 months ago
For me, I have never had a problem with my eyeshadow creasing due to the fact that I don't have oily eyelids. But, when comparing UD primer to others such as e.l.f I would say there's not too much of a difference. Elfs is a little more oily which isn't a problem for me. So I guess what I'm getting at is that I would rather save my money and buy elfs primer and splurge on another product such as UD Naked palettes.. :)
Teddi H.
Teddi H.
Warsaw, KY
4 years, 10 months ago
Agree with others...the elf is a little oilier. But if I am wearing the shadow for only a few hours I will use the ELF. On special occasions, you owe it to yourself to the UD.
Jeneen L.
Jeneen L.
Saint Cloud, MN
4 years, 10 months ago
It really depends on how oily your eyelids are. For me, my eyelids aren't very oily and the Elf primer actually holds up better than the UD potion. But, if you have oily lids, I would def use the UD primer potion.
Megan C.
Megan C.
Hobart, WA
4 years, 10 months ago
I personally believe that this primer is defiantly worth the money. If you don't want to spend the money on this one the next best thing would have to be Two Face Shadow Insurance.
Holly H.
Holly H.
Brandon, MS
4 years, 10 months ago
I would rather spend the money on UDPP. The elf one doesn't come with much product in the first place and is really thin. It's ok I guess if you don't have time or money to get primer potion, but UDPP is better and lasts longer to me.
Kae L.
Kae L.
Columbus, GA
4 years, 10 months ago
For me, UD works better than the ELF version. ELF isn't bad but if you have more detailed issues (oily lids and/or hooded lids) then my experience and those of my clients has been that UD works better between the 2. There are also opportunities to purchase UD cheaper. Of course, it won't be $1 but it can be more affordable. For example, UD's website currently sells the Pro sized original primer for $20 (discounted from the original price). Also, right now you can purchase from Beauty.com during their Friends and Family sale for 20% off. If you are eligible for the UD Pro discount you can purchase for 40%. You can also get discount codes for $$$'s off on the UD website if you aren't eligible for the pro discount. Sephora will be having their VIB discount soon. Plenty of options out there for getting this cheaper if price is the only concern.