6 colors available

BY URBAN DECAY #1 in Eyelid Primer

Just when you thought Eyeshadow Primer Potion couldn’t get any better, we found a way. With revamped packaging that includes an applicator, our legendary primer looks more gorgeous and applies with more versatility. And the paraben-free formula still packs the powers it’s famous for: 24-hour, crease-free shadow, more vibrant color and smoother application.

Once you’ve tried Eyeshadow Primer Potion, you'll never want to live without it. Our formula glides on smoothly, and space-age polymer technology fills in any imperfections on the skin’s surface, prepping your lids for all-day shadow.

Choose your favorite shade or stash them all in your makeup bag to swap them out as often as you want. Our Original shade blends beautifully on all skin tones and dries invisibly. The nude matte finish of Eden offers full coverage while hiding ALL redness (and gives you a gorgeously subtle look when worn alone). And Minor Sin, a champagne shimmer, is a sheerer version of Sin that we reworked based on customer feedback (yes, we do listen to you!).

Easy on the eyes in more ways than one, this coveted primer now comes in revamped packaging with gorgeous ombré artwork and a faceted, jewel-like cap. Squeeze the Potion directly from the tube or use the flocked wand applicator. Either way, you get precise, controlled application every time.

• What are the benefits of using an eyeshadow primer????346 Answers
  • Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion How would y'all rate this and ...8 Answers
  • If you couldn't use Urban Decay Primer Potion...what's the next bes...112 Answers
Q&A (2018)
  • "Honestly the best eye shadow primer ever only one negative feed back is that it does dry out quick so application of the eyeshadow needs to be fast but other than that amazing." in 237 reviews
  • "Good primer a little goes a long way I've had 1 tube almost 2 years now has a nice healthy glow sometimes I use it even if I don't use any shadow just to give my lids an even color and use mascara and looks great" in 87 reviews
  • "I have tried many primers and I can say this is one of the best primers I have..a little goes a long way and makes your eye-shadow stay in place all day :))" in 70 reviews
  • "When I first started watching youtube and trying to do more with my eye makeup I always thought eyeshadow primer was an unnecessary step." in 67 reviews
  • "I had a big problem with my eye shadow creasing after just a few hours but with this product, it no longer happens and my eye make-up lasts for a long time." in 53 reviews
Jackeline C.
Jackeline C.
Review for: Original
Let me start out by saying i have SUPER-oily skin. and by that i mean my makeup stays on for maybe 6 hours. i have always had a problem with my eye-makeup wandering and getting so wedged into my creases, you couldn't see the color at all anymore.
this is the first eyeshadow primer that i have used, but i am very pleased with the results:
1. it takes very little of the product for total coverage. i applied this with a small brush (it's a creme form) and it spread evenly.

2. the color is a little orange for my skin-tone, but overall not bad. you cover it with color anyway so it doesn't really matter, gives a better color than moist eyelids.

3. my eyeshadow without primer lasts about 4 hours, but with this it lasted over 10. i put it on at 6am, it's 6pm now and i have little creases of makeup on my eyelids. don't let this deter you from buying this product, as i said, my skin is extremely oily.

oh and the little pot it comes in was smaller than i thought it would be, but since it takes so little per application, it will go a looooong way. a good purchase.
s b.
s b.
The eyeshadow primer potion itself looks like a beige colored thin lotion. It feels extremely silky to the touch. I take a tiny bit and blend it on the upper lid with my index finger. On blending, the potion becomes invisible and disappears into the skin almost immediately. I take whatever is remaining on my finger and spread on the corner of my eyes and near my lower lash line. And then go ahead and apply your eyeshadow as you normally would. One thing you have to watch out is that the UDPP literally grabs the eyeshadow onto the lids like a magnet (It’s true). You almost have no chance for mistakes. Also you need to blend out the shadow really really well to avoid sharp edges. Even crappy eye shadows look a whole lot vibrant when worn over the UDPP. The shadow stays put for 8 long hours (That’s the longest I have worn it). No creasing whatsoever! How awesome is that? Sometimes when I am applying a super smudgy eye pencil on my upper lash line, I apply UDPP to prevent smudging.
Haley N.
Haley N.
Mobile, AL
Review for: Original
This is one of the few items I truly count with my "holy grail" products. I bought it because it was so recommended and so raved about. I have oily eyelids, and they crease so, so badly. I didn't bother with eyeshadow primer before I bought this. I just assumed that my eyeshadow was going to crease no matter what. But I finally bit the bullet and bought this product. I am so glad I did! It is affordable, and it lasts so long, the price is negligible. I use a tiny amount, and let it sink into my skin while I do other things on my face. That is important for this primer. The consistency is on the thicker side, but I don't mind that. I use it even for liner only days. It's mattifying and keeps my lids from becoming oil slicks. It brings out the pigment of even the most low end eye shadows. It doesn't affect blendability, and it just makes the colors stay. You won't ever find me without this product in my collection.
Stephany M.
Stephany M.
Charlotte, NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Original
What can I say? This is a cult classic product for a reason! I can honestly say I've never bought (or even needed to buy) a full size tube of this! I get samples all the time in kits and sets and those last forever! A little bit goes a very long way!
After I apply to my lids to brow bone area I give it a few seconds to get tacky. You can feel the grip in it! I then set it with a skin-toned eye shadow to help my blending later. I struggled for a while with my shadows not blending well and once I started setting the primer I did not have anymore issues. The primer wants to grab and hold on to any shadows placed on it so if you go straight in with a darker shade then it can be a pain to try to blend, so I advise setting with the skin-toned shadow first!
My shadow lasts much longer and doesn't crease when I'm using this. I've tried to use different brands and none of them work quite like this one! Highly recommended.
Laura S.
Laura S.
Hays, NC
Review for: Original + Sin Duo
I use this or the regular UDPP every day. My lids are oily and eyeshadow slides off and creases like crazy without it. This stuff works. I can put it on at 6 am and work all day. It's still on. I can go out right after work with out a touch up. I've even fallen asleep and did not wash my face (I know it's terrible!) But my eyeshadow was still perfect in the morning. I like this one as it is the color of my all time favorite eyeshadow of the same name and brand. If I am in a hurry I just use this alone. It's a nice shimmery champagne color that looks great on any skin tone. It doesn't make my lids sticky or dry. This makes even the cheapest eyeshadow brighter and it stays on. Do not skimp on the primer. They are not all the same. I made the mistake of thinking one from a drug store would work just as well. NO, don't do it. Try this, it's worth it. It makes your shadows more vibrant and they LAST.
Adora W.
Adora W.
Buford, GA
I've been using this primer for years and it's the only primer I'm interested in using. I even used it when it was in that horrible genie bottle where you couldn't get half the product out but a couple years ago they changed the packaging so that's not an issue now.

The regular size comes with a ton of product, the one I have is .37 fl oz. You only need a tiny dot so the tube will seriously last like a year plus. It also comes in a few colors and a professional size, which is even bigger for mua or basic bs to last their whole lives.

Anyway I have oily lids and this keeps the oil away and my shadows in place. And I wear a TON of eye makeup. I can even rub my finger across it and it doesn't move. Like legit. This stuff is my holy grail, no other primer is even on my radar.

Picture is from 10 hours of wear and after working. And it doesn't crease, I'm just old and wrinkly
Adriana G.
Adriana G.
Milwaukee, WI
Review for: Original
I got the mini version for $5 at nordstrom rack! I heard so many great things about this eyeshadow primer that I had to try it! Although it is a small size it will last a long time. I use the tiniest amount and put it on my ring finger and just smooth it out all over my eyelid. The first time I used it I made the mistake of not letting it dry well enough so my eyeshadow stuck to it and did not want to blend. After that experience I waited about 2 minutes just in case and I was able to apply my eyeshadow on easily! It really does help my eyeshadow stay all day without fading! I would definitely recommend this product to someone who wears eyeshadows every day and wants a long lasting look! I would also recommend looking this product up for a cheaper price. I would repurchase the mini for $5 again, but not sure I'm willing to spend 30 on a normal size.
Stephanie L.
Stephanie L.
I have used a few eyeshadow primers (too faced) and this is the one I keep coming back to. The formula is a little bit thick for my liking but the solution doesn't separate, is unscented, and applies well. Blends in nicely with my lid color and seems to be slightly hydrating. I have oily lids and it helped keep my shadow on a bit better and made it bolder. I use this with UD and tarte eyeshadow and have had good results. I don't recall any creasing.

I would give this 4.5 stars. I would repurchase this if I needed to, but the tube has enough product to last me a few years (probably wouldn't keep it that long just for sanitary reasons) With that being said it is a bit pricey even though you get alot, so I recommend getting a smaller tube unless you wear eyeshadow everyday. I only wear eyeshadow a couple times a week so I could live off the large tube.
Krupa P.
Krupa P.
There aren't enough words in the world to describe how important it is to me to always have this product on hand. I have a full size, a back up full size and a travel size ALWAYS. I have ridiculously #oilyskin and especially my lids, they cannot be controlled. This somehow manages to do so. I've tried other primers, Too Faced Shadow insurance and L'oreal De-Crease have nothing on this puppy. Every time I put this on, my shadow stays for the whole day (12 hrs +), goes on super vibrant and does not crease whatsoever!

I can't speak for normal or dry lidded peeps but the only time his doesn't work that great is when:
1. I only put the primer on to keep the oily lid look at bay - it needs to at least be set with powder for me.
2. I use the Eden or Sin...only original seems to work for me. For whatever reason, those shades aren't as powerful.
Kelly E.
Kelly E.
East Meadow, NY
I have owned several of these little primers over the course of the past few years, and now currently own one in the new packaging (including the little doe foot applicator), and while I can appreciate the same old formula that is perfect because it isn't super drying and really is a good base for intensifying eyeshadow vividness and pigment, and I do, of course, notice shadows lasting longer and not creasing when I use this primer vs. when I don't. That aside I wish urban decay would go back to the old squeeze tube packaging because the doe foot applicator is so impractical in a soft tube, there is no way to monitor how much product you have left, and control the amount of product you use, and I do notice quite a bit of air being trapped in the tube from taking out the wand and putting it back in. Good product, flawed packaging.
Heather W.
Heather W.
Middleton, WI
Beauty Junkie Expert
What are the benefits of using an eyeshadow primer????
Allie b.
Allie b.
Lincoln, NE
Is this really worth the money?
Sarah S.
Sarah S.
Houston, Tx
If you couldn't use Urban Decay Primer Potion...what's the next best thing?
Ameena F.
Ameena F.
Troutdale, OR
Is this primer too expensive in some people's opinion?
Stephanie S.
Stephanie S.
Which UD Primer Potion is your favorite?