Add a Photo

By URBAN DECAY
#1 in Eyelid Primer

Just when you thought Eyeshadow Primer Potion couldn’t get any better, we found a way. With revamped packaging that includes an applicator, our legendary primer looks more gorgeous and applies with more versatility. And the paraben-free formula still packs the powers it’s famous for: 24-hour, crease-free shadow, more vibrant color and smoother application.

Once you’ve tried Eyeshadow Primer Potion, you'll never want to live without it. Our formula glides on smoothly, and space-age polymer technology fills in any imperfections on the skin’s surface, prepping your lids for all-day shadow.

Choose your favorite shade or stash them all in your makeup bag to swap them out as often as you want. Our Original shade blends beautifully on all skin tones and dries invisibly. The nude matte finish of Eden offers full coverage while hiding ALL redness (and gives you a gorgeously subtle look when worn alone). And Minor Sin, a champagne shimmer, is a sheerer version of Sin that we reworked based on customer feedback (yes, we do listen to you!).

Easy on the eyes in more ways than one, this coveted primer now comes in revamped packaging with gorgeous ombré artwork and a faceted, jewel-like cap. Squeeze the Potion directly from the tube or use the flocked wand applicator. Either way, you get precise, controlled application every time.

Reviews (20519)
Photos (753)
Brookelynne T.
Brookelynne T.
Clearfield, PA

I'm typically an all day everyday Mac Paint Pot Girl myself! Macs Soft Ochre & Painterly Paint Pot have been my Holy Grail Eyeshadow Primers and Eyeshadow Bases for more years than I can count! But there is another Primer that I easily can reach for and use and love almost, and this is really hard for a die hard Mac fan & Mac Paint Pot all the time user to say...but Urban Decays Primer Potion is unbelievable amazing, and just as good as my Holy Grail Ride or Die Mac Paint Pots!!! The consistency is awesome and it has the perfect formula for No crease, all day hold, super bendable and flawless eyeshadow applications! I find you need to set this eyeshadow primer prior to applying your shadows regardless if you use a banana or translucent setting powder or a eye shadow that is a light creme, natural, or ought brown/tan color that matches your skin and blends in well to you eye! But wow, I wasn't sure if I was going to like it, or if it was going to be able to perform and hold my eyeshadow looks all day until decided to remove it with my fave make up remover or face wash! But to my surprise it does everything plus more! I don't ever have to worry about my shadows creasing, now blending or buffing out well and I always have a all day hold when using this UD Eyeshadow Potion Primer! I highly highly recommend it! They have a nice variety of different type, the original which is just a creamy nude awesome eyeshadow primer, Eden which is anti aging, and another that is like a shimmery eyeshadow primer...I have them all and I have to say Eden and original formula are my faves! It's def worth the price and hype behind it and can easily be purchases online, at any Sephora's, Ultra, or Big Stores & Retailers like Macys, Nordstrom's and multiple other make up outlet....it's super affordable and the awesome super cute tube with a gem handled applicators with a really soft doe foot to apply and spread out the primer contains allot, and I mean allot of product, a little goes a long way with this magically UD Primer Potion....literally a dab of the appointed on each eye lid then evenly lightly spreading it out with finger tips, concealer brush or your fave brush will have you eyeshadows beautiful, vivid and last all day...don't forget to Set It, and don't apply too Nichiren it won't dry completely and you'll have a longer time using a beauty blender to absorb some of the excess primer and to evenly blend it out! It gets a easy 5 Stars From me and I'll always have multiple varieties of Urban Decays Primer potion in my personal and professional make up kits! Of course along side my Mac Paint Pots...lol! Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
Stephanie P.
Stephanie P.

Hadn't used it in a while I remember getting samples of it when I ordered from sephora just didn't buy a full size until now and I don't know why I waited to be honest. This is a beige- y colored primer for me it hides all the discoloration on my eyelids. When i use this primer I have no issues with any eyeshadow PERIOD. It stays in place all day and I don't have to worry about any creasing or smudging. Its not a bad price either I got mine on sale around Christmas. Its one of the only primers I will use from now on.

Antoinette J.
Antoinette J.

I have used all four of the eyeshadow primer potions that Urban Decay sells.  I wasn't a fan of Eden because for me it was too thick and the color was too noticeable on my super pale skin, but it's great for a matte look.  Minor sin is just lovely with how shimmery it is.  I can easily wear this on it's own.  However, for those of you more mature ladies (and I'm talking to anyone over 30 here who might be starting to see some lines), this primer is a little unforgiving if your eyelid area is anything less than smooth.  The original primer and the anti-aging one are the same consistency.  Being in my mid-thirties, I personally prefer the anti-aging one.

I honestly use the original anti-aging one on a regular basis.  I do have some other eyelid primers that I like, but this is the one that I use the most.  I feel like this primer feels great on the lid and performs pretty well.

hillary v.
hillary v.
Paragould, AR

Alexandria A.
Alexandria A.

Oily Eyelids Unite!
As a makeup artist with extremely oily skin, I cannot express how happy I was when I first came across this product! I had tried almost everything to keep my eye makeup from creasing, traveling and separating throughout the day & night and then I found this. I tried it multiple times with multiple different eye products for both day/night and even editorial looks and it kept working time and time again. I have the most oily eyelids on the planet and it wouldn't budge until I was ready to take it off. I was not only impressed but excited that I could love my look as soon as I put it on all the way into the wee hours of the night as it still looked fresh and vibrant. Along with being oily, I have extremely sensitive skin so to find an eye product that not only preformed but did not irritate my eyes was the icing on the cake. A small amount goes a very long way and the entire tube, which I use as my everyday eye primer, lasts me at least 6 months until it's time to repurchase. That's great! Hard to find a very affordable, high performance product that you don't have to repurchase every month. Love this primer and will continue to use in the future.
Kathryn K.

Jackeline C.

Milke A.
Milke A.
Medley, FL

Let me start out by saying i have SUPER-oily skin. and by that i mean my makeup stays on for maybe 6 hours. i have always had a problem with my eye-makeup wandering and getting so wedged into my creases, you couldn't see the color at all anymore.this is the first eyeshadow primer that i have used, but i am very pleased with the results:1. it takes very little of the product for total coverage. i applied this with a small brush (it's a creme form) and it spread evenly.2. the color is a little orange for my skin-tone, but overall not bad. you cover it with color anyway so it doesn't really matter, gives a better color than moist eyelids.3. my eyeshadow without primer lasts about 4 hours, but with this it lasted over 10. i put it on at 6am, it's 6pm now and i have little creases of makeup on my eyelids. don't let this deter you from buying this product, as i said, my skin is extremely oily. oh and the little pot it comes in was smaller than i thought it would be, but since it takes so little per application, it will go a looooong way. a good purchase.
Lori P.
Lori P.
Los Angeles, CA

If you are purely in the market for an eyeshadow primer that will LOCK YOUR BUSINESS DOWN, then look no further! You've most certainly found it. However, I highly recommend that you are well-trained in the eyeshadow game before putting this product on and going for a ~look~.

I have oily, hooded eyelids and it definitely does matte them down, which is awesome and exactly what I need! But you don't get a grace period after you apply your eyeshadow, meaning that if you accidentally put on too much of your crease shade you're not getting it off anytime soon. What I would recommend is to add a creamy base shadow that's close to your skin color over the top of the Primer Potion before going to town on the rest of your look. It will give you a bit more of a forgiving backdrop!

Also, note that if you use a waterproof eyeshadow pencil or any waterproof eyeshadow gel that your eyelids will likely get somewhat uncomfortably dry. Like the kind of dry where you can feel them move when you blink.
Allie b.
Allie b.
Lincoln, NE

Is this really worth the money?
Sarah S.
Sarah S.
Houston, Tx

If you couldn't use Urban Decay Primer Potion...what's the next best thing?
Ameena F.
Ameena F.
Troutdale, OR

Is this primer too expensive in some people's opinion?
Stephanie S.
Stephanie S.

Which UD Primer Potion is your favorite?
Michelle L.