BY URBAN DECAY #1 in Eye Primer

The number-one primer* for indestructible, all-day eyeshadow, our legendary Eyeshadow Primer Potion delivers everything you could possibly want in an eye primer: No creasing. More vibrant color. Smoother application.

Eyeshadow Primer Potion features space-age polymer technology that fills in any imperfections on the skin’s surface, prepping your lids for ALL-day shadow. Of course, every shade is paraben-free.

Now we’ve got more finishes than ever before! Caffeine (rich warm brown matte) works great for deeper skin tones and can also be used to intensify brown shadows. Use Freebase (opaque white matte) to brighten and intensify any shadow. Due to huge demand, we’re also bringing back Sin (pale nude shimmer).

Our gorgeous packaging features ombré artwork and a faceted, jewel-like cap. Squeeze the Potion directly from the tube or use our flocked wand applicator. Either way, you get precise, controlled application every time.

Urban Decay is 100% cruelty-free.

CAFFEINE:

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate.

EDEN:

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Trihydroxystearin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Aqua (Water/Eau).

May Contain:

CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides).

FREEBASE:

MINOR SIN:

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides,Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Aqua (Water/Eau).

May Contain:

Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 774491/774499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

ORIGINAL:

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Aqua (Water/Eau).

May Contain:

Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 774491/77492/774499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

SIN:

• What are the benefits of using an eyeshadow primer????350 Answers
  • Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion How would y'all rate this an...11 Answers
  • Is this really worth the money?118 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "Honestly the best eye shadow primer ever only one negative feed back is that it does dry out quick so application of the eyeshadow needs to be fast but other than that amazing." in 237 reviews
  • "Good primer a little goes a long way I've had 1 tube almost 2 years now has a nice healthy glow sometimes I use it even if I don't use any shadow just to give my lids an even color and use mascara and looks great" in 87 reviews
  • "I have tried many primers and I can say this is one of the best primers I have..a little goes a long way and makes your eye-shadow stay in place all day :))" in 70 reviews
  • "When I first started watching youtube and trying to do more with my eye makeup I always thought eyeshadow primer was an unnecessary step." in 67 reviews
  • "I had a big problem with my eye shadow creasing after just a few hours but with this product, it no longer happens and my eye make-up lasts for a long time." in 53 reviews
Caitlin M.
Review for: Original more...
This is another product I've heard people raving about but never actually thought would be good for my minimalist makeup routine. But I must say I was wrong!

It takes up no more time to use than applying eyeshadow and it seriously made me reconsider a few shadows that I previously thought had no-staying power. It has a nice texture that truly does create a great base coat for shadow. I actually even liked the look of it so much that I'd consider wearing it solo—it smoothed out my lids and kept oil at bay. (Yes, oily lids are a thing.)

I was impressed after a month of using this and can say that I totally get why this has a fan following. Only giving it 4 stars because I think the applicator tip can be improved!
Shasha S.
Review for: Original, FreeBase, Minor Sin, Eden more...
Kylie D.
I love love love this primer!! My sister in law introduced me to this 2 years ago and I have never looked back. I always say it is like a glue for my eyeshadow. Most eye primers leave a smooth feeling, like a face primer. But this primer goes on like butter but your shadow will stick like glue. Now, it will come off with a make up wipe so I mean glue in the best way possible. Even my most pigmented shadows pop 10x more with this primer. I have not been able to find an eye shaow primer that is anywhere close to this quality. Recommend this to everyone! Although it's pricier than any drugstore primer, it runs around the same as your Too Faced, Tarte, or other higher end make up products. I got mine from Ulta for $29.00. There are different versions of this and I use Eden because it has a slight shimmer to it, but it is not glittery at all.
Taylor K.
Conroe, TX
Review for: Original more...
I actually used this product in a free sample that I got when purchasing a naked palette. I use it every day with my naked shadow, and my eyeshadow stays on all day and doesn't crease. I purchased this product from ulta after trying the sample, I loved it so much! It is about $20/bottle, but I have tried other discount eyeshadow primers, and they don't compare to this one! It smooths on my eyelid so perfectly and even, I just have to rub it in with my finger, and little goes a long way! I only have to use a little on each application, so this tube lasted me for almost a year, and I wear eyeshadow every day!! I will continue to purchase this eye shadow primer, even if I use it with other brands of eyeshadows, it still works great. I would recommend this eye primer to anyone and am overall very satisfied with this product.
Denise H.
Boise
Once I tried Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion, I knew I would never need anything else. For context, I have very dry skin, so I think that gives this product even more staying power. Without it, I can't use eyeshadow. The shadow just collects in my eyelid creases. But when I apply this primer first--just the tiniest dab spread across both eyelids--my eyeshadow stays ALL DAY. If I fall asleep in my makeup, my shadow is still perfect in the morning (and I'm a side/belly sleeper!). This product may seem expensive but considering how little you need to use each time and how good a job it does, I think it's worth every cent! It's a staple in my makeup routine, whether I'm doing a full face or just prettying up a bit.
Amanda L.
Gfafb, ND
Review for: Original, Sin more...
The size of the tube is very deceiving and can leave you thinking your spending alot for a small tube. However, a little goes along ways for this eyeshadow primer-and I have a large eyelid. I have had the small  tube for a long time. The formula is thick and comes in a variety of shade. I love that there are many shades to choose from because often a "skin tone" primer can be way too dark and the color of your eyeshadow primer does effect your endlook with eyeshadow. This tube runs $20. I have used this on my dry eyelids and friends who have oily eyelids and had no problems. No crease, no peeling. If you have oilier eyelids remember its important to set your primer or lids with powder ;)
Chandra B.
UD Primer Potion in eden is my favorite primer right now. For a while I was using the original, along with a paint pot for a color base. I love that this is pigmented enough that it is a primer and base all in one. If it saves me a step in my makeup, that's great. It is a little pricey, but you get a lot of product and it works very well. Doesn't crease and it lasts all day! In my opinion, it is well worth it! If I had to change anything about it, it would be the applicator. I would rather it squeeze out like the small ones, or pump. The applicator just grabs way too much product and gets messy when you put it back in the tube. Product gets wasted like that. I do recommend it though.
Jessika A.
Review for: Original more...
The original Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion is my absolute favorite eyeshadow primer. I’ve been buying it since it came with an applicator, instead of just the squeeze tube. (Although I’ve been reading reviews from recently that seem to indicate that they may have gone back to the applicator? I haven’t bought one in a while because I only just ran out, so I’m not sure, so I will check on this and update this review). This is my holy grail eyeshadow primer. It makes my shadows last on my lids all day and all night. Even when I shower, this makes the shadow stay. The price isn’t terrible, because this products lasts me forever! A little goes a very long way. I highly recommend this product.
T I F F A N Y 💎.
Austin, TX
Review for: Original more...
Contrary to popular opinion this was one of my least favorite primers. Squeezing from the tube, the formula came out chunky. Just kind of gross looking, when comparing to the smoother formulas of other primers. Felt that it didn't apply evenly to my eyelids either. As for how it worked, not really. The base color of my eyeshadow would come on fine, in terms of color. However, this is the only part of my eyeshadow that would stay put, too strongly I would say. In other words, the primer made it VERY DIFFICULT TO BLEND. As for other layers/colors of eyeshadow the primer just did not work. Going to stick to my TooFaced Shadow Indsurance instead.
Ellen K.
Brooklyn, New York
Review for: Sin more...
This primer makes my eyeshadow pop! Not only does it make my eyeshadow so much brighter it makes it so much more blendable and for some reason less patchy. The thing that makes this my ride or die eye primer is the fact that whenever I rub my eyes while wearing eyeshadow normally I smudge it but with this primer on it won't. Its the weirdest thing and at first I thought an eye primer was excessive but now I can never go back!
Heather W.
Middleton, WI
What are the benefits of using an eyeshadow primer????
Allie b.
Lincoln, NE
Is this really worth the money?
Sarah S.
Houston, Tx
If you couldn't use Urban Decay Primer Potion...what's the next best thing?
Ameena F.
Troutdale, OR
Is this primer too expensive in some people's opinion?
Stephanie S.
Which UD Primer Potion is your favorite?