BY URBAN DECAY #1 in Eye Primer

The number-one primer* for indestructible, all-day eyeshadow, our legendary Eyeshadow Primer Potion delivers everything you could possibly want in an eye primer: No creasing. More vibrant color. Smoother application.

Eyeshadow Primer Potion features space-age polymer technology that fills in any imperfections on the skin’s surface, prepping your lids for ALL-day shadow. Of course, every shade is paraben-free.

Now we’ve got more finishes than ever before! Caffeine (rich warm brown matte) works great for deeper skin tones and can also be used to intensify brown shadows. Use Freebase (opaque white matte) to brighten and intensify any shadow. Due to huge demand, we’re also bringing back Sin (pale nude shimmer).

Our gorgeous packaging features ombré artwork and a faceted, jewel-like cap. Squeeze the Potion directly from the tube or use our flocked wand applicator. Either way, you get precise, controlled application every time.

Urban Decay is 100% cruelty-free.

CAFFEINE:

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate.

EDEN:

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Trihydroxystearin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Aqua (Water/Eau).

May Contain:

CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides).

FREEBASE:

MINOR SIN:

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides,Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Aqua (Water/Eau).

May Contain:

Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 774491/774499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

ORIGINAL:

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Aqua (Water/Eau).

May Contain:

Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 774491/77492/774499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

SIN:

• What are the benefits of using an eyeshadow primer????353 Answers
  • Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion How would y'all rate...14 Answers
  • Do you guys feel like eye primer actually makes a differe...32 Answers
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
  • "I have all the primer shades and I love them all. I have super oily lids so my eyeshadow and liner tend to slide off. Bit ever since I've started using the primer that's no longer an issue for me. It last a long time and you can totally use Sin or Greed on their own! They look really beautiful alone if you want a light makeup day with a touch of sparkle " in 2893 reviews
  • "Honestly the best eye shadow primer ever only one negative feed back is that it does dry out quick so application of the eyeshadow needs to be fast but other than that amazing." in 237 reviews
  • "Good primer a little goes a long way I've had 1 tube almost 2 years now has a nice healthy glow sometimes I use it even if I don't use any shadow just to give my lids an even color and use mascara and looks great" in 87 reviews
  • "I have tried many primers and I can say this is one of the best primers I have..a little goes a long way and makes your eye-shadow stay in place all day :))" in 70 reviews
  • "When I first started watching youtube and trying to do more with my eye makeup I always thought eyeshadow primer was an unnecessary step." in 67 reviews
Brigette L.
Chicago
Purchased at: ULTA
Review for: Caffeine more...
You know how people are die-hard devotees of primer potion? Well I wasn’t until they released Caffeine. Omg how I love this product. It happens to essentially be my exact complexion in tube. The first time I applied it it disappeared into my lid. I was so used to using other primers that look chalky on brown skin because frankly they’re not made for complexions olive or deeper. No judgment just a fact. So anyway I’d come to expect shadow primer to be ashy on me. So I couldn’t believe my eyes. I can actually use this as concealer in a pinch which i have done more than once. I even wear it alone sometimes—I just love how it looks that much. It holds 98% as well as my discontinued holy grail primer and I pray they never stop making it. They stopped selling it at Ulta which is a shame but I can still get it at Sephora—thankfully! Probably another desert island pick for me.
Amy D.
Purchased at: Sephora
This primer delivers on its promise to prep eyes for a flawless finish and long wear. The formula is thick and creamy with no harsh fragrances, and goes on very smooth giving you the perfect starting canvas to keep shadows in place. The packaging is interesting and unique, but offers small amounts of product. With that said, little is needed per application & 1 tube has lasted me quite a while. Price is a tad high for my liking, but worth the $$$ since it works so well. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
Hue V.
San Jose, CA
If you want your eyeshadow to last all day without smudging or fading, this is your go to eyeshadow primer. If you also have oily eyelids this also helps prevent the shadow from creasing as well which is why I gave this product 4 stars. Now, I struggle with EXTREMELY oily eyelids and I seriously mean it. I can’t even put waterproof eyeliner on my eyelids without it from smudging off and when I put false lashes on, I can feel the lash glue loosening on my eyelids from the oils. This primer will for sure still make your shadow crease. The reason why I still use this product is because I learn from trial and error you have to put enough eyeshadow (powder) on your eyelids to help prevent the oils from seeping. Basically you are setting the oils with powder.

Tips and tricks to what I do to help prevent my eyeliner and eyelash glue from smudging or breaking up:
1. Apply the eyeshadow primer
2. You may use an eyeshadow that is the same color as your face to make it match, a slightly lighter color than your skin to brighten the eyelids, darker color to give you a natural smoky eye, or a powder foundation. You may use translucent powder but I feel like I have to reapply mid-day and I also want to hide my veins on my eyelid by using something that has more color.
3. Pack the color on the eyelids
4. Apply the rest of the make up.
Misa K.
SEATTLE, WA
Purchased at: Sephora
I used to use the exclusively but have switched to Elizabeth Mott since UD changed their packaging. The actual product is great. It keeps your eye shadow on all day without creasing, which says a lot because I have the oiliest eyelids. This new packaging is awful though. The wand makes it harder to control the amount that comes out and it breaks and gets product everywhere. I wish they would bring back the old squeeze tube. The actual primer though is effective and reliable.
Beth M.
Hickory, NC
Purchased at: Sephora
One of my favorite go-to eyeshadow primer products! My eyelids are quite oily, but applying this product first helps my eyeshadow stay put all day long, and I have minimal creasing by evening time. I can’t live without it!Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
Josephine B.
Lawrence, KS
one of the first “high end” makeup products I ever bought. Less than a year ago I wasn’t too into makeup but my roommate let me borrow this one night because she said it would help my eyeshadow stay all night. I used it and loved it and how I looked good all night and even when I got home. I bought it a couple months later and now I hardly do my makeup without it. Makes a huge difference and honestly the price is fair for the quality and the product goes a very long way.
Addy W.
Cascade, IA
Review for: ORIGINAL more...
I do not prime my lips with another else. I have been using this primer for sooooo long. It really makes my eyeshadow last all day long. This primer works so well either using when tacky or setting it with a powder before applying shadow. I would totally recommend, It really allows for an even application and seamless blending.
Tamara W.
Review for: ORIGINAL more...
First the good news-- it really works. Forget anything I've ever said about no primer or shadow lasting; this is the real deal and I'm a believer-- you will be as well. The product made my Bare Minerals True Gold shimmer last 15+ hours, was easy to apply and only took a bit of warm water to remove. This is not like water proof mascara that will stay with you until the birth of your second child, nor will it turn to mud on oilslick skin. Definitely a HG product.

The bad news is the price and the packaging. I think it's a fair price to pay for a product that delivers, but the dipstick lipgloss-like packaging will leave product in the bottom that you will never get to use, even if you remove the rim as others have suggested. This would be much better in a squeeze tube applied with your finger. The packaging looks like it came with a Barbie. This probably contributes to people not buying the product-- it looks cheap in spite of the price.

Cons aside, I will definitely buy this again when I run out. I didn't wear eye shadow for a long time due to creasing, but now I am getting all dolled up. It's a must-have investment.
Carly S.
Review for: ORIGINAL more...
Listen up Ladies! If you are struggling to find a liking with this primer, keep reading.

I bought this on sale at Ulta. I normally use Ulta eyeshadow primer but it doesn’t hold much better than 8 hours.

I used the Urban Decay and within a few hour it creased. WTF? I was so confused and mad. How does this get sooo many good reviews?

Here is the solution: SET YOUR PRIMER WITH SETTING POWDER AFTER APPLYING IT! It will last literally 24 hours. Such a life changer!!

I am now in love with this primer. I put it on, set it with setting powder, and then apply eyeshadow. Stays on all day with no creases.

I do hate the stop applicator (I’d rather squeeze the tube onto my finger). Probably the only downfall is the packaging.
Lindsey K.
I never thought I would need a primer until I discovered the world of pigmented makeup and oh my what a difference a good primer makes. I tried an Ultra brand primer, and while it worked for making my eyeshadow stay it didn't quite give me that color punch that I needed.

After comparing the various Urban Decay primer products I settled on Eden, because I liked how opaque and thick it was compared to the others. Using the wand I apply several dots all over my eyelids, and then use it like an eyeliner under my eyes. I blend a little with my finger to make everything even and let it dry (it takes only a few moments). At this point, I apply my eyeshadow as usual. Hello, gorgeous blues and vivids purples! I haven't had any issues with creasing. I truly love this product and only wish a. It cost a little less and b. Came with a little more product. I use it almost every day and hope not to run out any time soon.
Heather W.
Middleton, WI
What are the benefits of using an eyeshadow primer????
Allie b.
Lincoln, NE
Is this really worth the money?
Sarah S.
Houston, Tx
If you couldn't use Urban Decay Primer Potion...what's the next best thing?
Ameena F.
Troutdale, OR
Is this primer too expensive in some people's opinion?
Stephanie S.
Which UD Primer Potion is your favorite?