BY URBAN DECAY #1 in Eye Primer

The number-one primer* for indestructible, all-day eyeshadow, our legendary Eyeshadow Primer Potion delivers everything you could possibly want in an eye primer: No creasing. More vibrant color. Smoother application.

Eyeshadow Primer Potion features space-age polymer technology that fills in any imperfections on the skin’s surface, prepping your lids for ALL-day shadow. Of course, every shade is paraben-free.

Now we’ve got more finishes than ever before! Caffeine (rich warm brown matte) works great for deeper skin tones and can also be used to intensify brown shadows. Use Freebase (opaque white matte) to brighten and intensify any shadow. Due to huge demand, we’re also bringing back Sin (pale nude shimmer).

Our gorgeous packaging features ombré artwork and a faceted, jewel-like cap. Squeeze the Potion directly from the tube or use our flocked wand applicator. Either way, you get precise, controlled application every time.

Urban Decay is 100% cruelty-free.

CAFFEINE:

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate.

EDEN:

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Trihydroxystearin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Aqua (Water/Eau).

May Contain:

CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides).

FREEBASE:

MINOR SIN:

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides,Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Aqua (Water/Eau).

May Contain:

Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 774491/774499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

ORIGINAL:

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Aqua (Water/Eau).

May Contain:

Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 774491/77492/774499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

SIN:

• What are the benefits of using an eyeshadow primer????350 Answers
  • Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion How would y'all rate this an...11 Answers
  • Is this really worth the money?119 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "I have all the primer shades and I love them all. I have super oily lids so my eyeshadow and liner tend to slide off. Bit ever since I've started using the primer that's no longer an issue for me. It last a long time and you can totally use Sin or Greed on their own! They look really beautiful alone if you want a light makeup day with a touch of sparkle " in 2893 reviews
  • "Honestly the best eye shadow primer ever only one negative feed back is that it does dry out quick so application of the eyeshadow needs to be fast but other than that amazing." in 237 reviews
  • "Good primer a little goes a long way I've had 1 tube almost 2 years now has a nice healthy glow sometimes I use it even if I don't use any shadow just to give my lids an even color and use mascara and looks great" in 87 reviews
  • "I have tried many primers and I can say this is one of the best primers I have..a little goes a long way and makes your eye-shadow stay in place all day :))" in 70 reviews
  • "When I first started watching youtube and trying to do more with my eye makeup I always thought eyeshadow primer was an unnecessary step." in 67 reviews
mika//미카 H.
Hilo, HI
Review for: Original more...
This is a great product. I love the consistency of it. It is so easy to apply as it has an applicator in it. It is simple to blend on your lids and it really helps your eyeshadow to stay on all day. It does even out the color of my eyelids because I have discolored eyelids so it is a nice base for my eyeshadow. It is easy to blend eyeshadow onto. It doesn't cling to anything on my lids. I do recommend getting it if you are interested in this product. I was unsure whether I wan't to get because so many people were raving about how great this product is and I have to say I don't regret buying this at all. This has so much product in it and it works perfectly. It is such an amazing product!
Shasha S.
Review for: Original, FreeBase, Minor Sin, Eden more...
Calley B.
Review for: Eden more...
This eyeshadow primer is one of my favorites.  I use the "Eden" version the most.  The one thing I would change is the applicator, sometimes I find it oddly scratchy.  Other than that, it is very easily to apply, just use the applicator to dab the product on your eyelids and then pat into the eyelid using your finger.  I love the tint it has, which is the same as my skin color.  It makes my eyeshadow pop so much more since I have a lot of cool undertones on my eyelids due to the vein-y nature of my eyelids.  This product won't make your eyeshadow last if you are dripping sweat on a dance floor (I may know this from experience), but in pretty much every other situation this primer holds my shadow all day and night.  I would definitely recommend this!  I do use a few other eyeshadow primers as well because this price point is a bit on the higher side, but I do reach for this more than others.
Taylor K.
Conroe, TX
Review for: Original more...
I actually used this product in a free sample that I got when purchasing a naked palette. I use it every day with my naked shadow, and my eyeshadow stays on all day and doesn't crease. I purchased this product from ulta after trying the sample, I loved it so much! It is about $20/bottle, but I have tried other discount eyeshadow primers, and they don't compare to this one! It smooths on my eyelid so perfectly and even, I just have to rub it in with my finger, and little goes a long way! I only have to use a little on each application, so this tube lasted me for almost a year, and I wear eyeshadow every day!! I will continue to purchase this eye shadow primer, even if I use it with other brands of eyeshadows, it still works great. I would recommend this eye primer to anyone and am overall very satisfied with this product.
Abbey L.
Painesville, OH
Review for: Eden more...
I first picked this up at Sephora years ago after seeing my mother use it and I quickly fell in love with it!

I like the squeeze tube packing - makes it easy to get out every last bit of product before repurchasing. The doefoot applicator makes it easy to apply, and it glides on the skin smoothly. The shade "Eden" in particular is what I use, because it has some color to it and it gives me a nice base to work with.

I only docked a star because it dries down so quickly that sometimes it's a challenge to blend it over your eyelid in time. Other than that, it performs like a champion. Eyeshadow pops vibrantly and lasts all day over this primer. I've never noticed any creasing either!

Overall, this stuff is a hit for a reason. If you're looking for a great eyeshadow primer, look no further. Great work, Urban Decay!
Ashley V.
Review for: Eden more...
I’ve been using this product for years there was a time where it didn’t include a brush but I find it does again (which is helpful). This product literally lasts forever and you don’t need a lot. This gives you a neutral base that dries quickly and is liquidy at first but then is matte. When applying I draw dots on my lids then use an eyeshadow brush to evenly spread the coverage. While the brush provided is nice it can often times be hard to control on smaller lids. What I like about this is that it doesn’t change the color of the shadow and really does make your shadow last. I notice if I use too little it does crease, but if I use a normal amount (you’ll understand once you use) my shadow doesn’t crease. I have super oily skin and this makes my shadow last. Also on super hot days the product doesn’t melt.
Megan M.
Oak Ridge
Review for: Original, Sin, Eden more...
I've used this original eye primer for as long as I can remember because its always worked so well and I've never felt the need to try any other primer. At the price it is actually a great value because just a dab goes a long way and should be more than enough to do your lids. I apply when I apply my face primer to give it time to set too. it givas my lids flawless smooth canvas to apply my shadow. it also enhances my colors and it holds tight to the color. its marketed as 24 hour hold. I cant attest to 24hours but I can attest that it lasts for at least 14 hours. I put it on at 9am then go to work for 12 hrs running a busy restaurant where I get hot and sweaty and by the time I get home around 9 at night, my eye makeup is literally as flawless as when I began that morning. I recently added sin and eden to my primer rotation and I'm glad I did.  I figured the original good enough and never thought I need to try another but what I didn't really think about was that these also give me the same primer benefits and throws in added benefit of taking my matte shades to a super crisp matte level (eden) or add some shimmer or increase an already shimmer shade (sin) and they still give you a more intense color.  Now I can pick my primer based on the look I am going for
Kym B.
Denver, CO
Review for: Minor Sin, FreeBase more...
This eyeshadow primer works great. If I use this under my eyeshadow, it won't crease at all. And the color stays on throughout the day. Without primer, by lunchtime I look like I'm hardly wearing any eyeshadow at all. But this keeps it looking nice -- definitely makes it worthwhile to buy the nice eyeshadows and spend time doing my eye makeup. Also, if you get one of the tinted shades like Minor Sin -- a shimmery, golden color -- you can just use that in lieu of eyeshadow when you are doing minimal makeup. I can put on that, a bit of mascara, and some gloss and be done for summer days when I don't want to wear much makeup. It gives me just a hint of shimmery color that doesn't crease or fade. Plus, I have sensitive skin and I've never had any reactions to the Urban Decay primers.
Chandra B.
UD Primer Potion in eden is my favorite primer right now. For a while I was using the original, along with a paint pot for a color base. I love that this is pigmented enough that it is a primer and base all in one. If it saves me a step in my makeup, that's great. It is a little pricey, but you get a lot of product and it works very well. Doesn't crease and it lasts all day! In my opinion, it is well worth it! If I had to change anything about it, it would be the applicator. I would rather it squeeze out like the small ones, or pump. The applicator just grabs way too much product and gets messy when you put it back in the tube. Product gets wasted like that. I do recommend it though.
Jessika A.
Review for: Original more...
The original Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion is my absolute favorite eyeshadow primer. I’ve been buying it since it came with an applicator, instead of just the squeeze tube. (Although I’ve been reading reviews from recently that seem to indicate that they may have gone back to the applicator? I haven’t bought one in a while because I only just ran out, so I’m not sure, so I will check on this and update this review). This is my holy grail eyeshadow primer. It makes my shadows last on my lids all day and all night. Even when I shower, this makes the shadow stay. The price isn’t terrible, because this products lasts me forever! A little goes a very long way. I highly recommend this product.
Heather W.
Middleton, WI
What are the benefits of using an eyeshadow primer????
Allie b.
Lincoln, NE
Is this really worth the money?
Sarah S.
Houston, Tx
If you couldn't use Urban Decay Primer Potion...what's the next best thing?
Ameena F.
Troutdale, OR
Is this primer too expensive in some people's opinion?
Stephanie S.
Which UD Primer Potion is your favorite?