BY URBAN DECAY #1 in Eye Primer

The number-one primer* for indestructible, all-day eyeshadow, our legendary Eyeshadow Primer Potion delivers everything you could possibly want in an eye primer: No creasing. More vibrant color. Smoother application.

Eyeshadow Primer Potion features space-age polymer technology that fills in any imperfections on the skin’s surface, prepping your lids for ALL-day shadow. Of course, every shade is paraben-free.

Now we’ve got more finishes than ever before! Caffeine (rich warm brown matte) works great for deeper skin tones and can also be used to intensify brown shadows. Use Freebase (opaque white matte) to brighten and intensify any shadow. Due to huge demand, we’re also bringing back Sin (pale nude shimmer).

Our gorgeous packaging features ombré artwork and a faceted, jewel-like cap. Squeeze the Potion directly from the tube or use our flocked wand applicator. Either way, you get precise, controlled application every time.

Urban Decay is 100% cruelty-free.

CAFFEINE:

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate.

EDEN:

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Trihydroxystearin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Aqua (Water/Eau).

May Contain:

CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides).

FREEBASE:

MINOR SIN:

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides,Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Aqua (Water/Eau).

May Contain:

Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 774491/774499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

ORIGINAL:

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Aqua (Water/Eau).

May Contain:

Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 774491/77492/774499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

SIN:

• What are the benefits of using an eyeshadow primer????353 Answers
  • Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion How would y'all rate...14 Answers
  • Do you guys feel like eye primer actually makes a differe...32 Answers
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
  • "I have all the primer shades and I love them all. I have super oily lids so my eyeshadow and liner tend to slide off. Bit ever since I've started using the primer that's no longer an issue for me. It last a long time and you can totally use Sin or Greed on their own! They look really beautiful alone if you want a light makeup day with a touch of sparkle " in 2893 reviews
  • "Honestly the best eye shadow primer ever only one negative feed back is that it does dry out quick so application of the eyeshadow needs to be fast but other than that amazing." in 237 reviews
  • "Good primer a little goes a long way I've had 1 tube almost 2 years now has a nice healthy glow sometimes I use it even if I don't use any shadow just to give my lids an even color and use mascara and looks great" in 87 reviews
  • "I have tried many primers and I can say this is one of the best primers I have..a little goes a long way and makes your eye-shadow stay in place all day :))" in 70 reviews
  • "When I first started watching youtube and trying to do more with my eye makeup I always thought eyeshadow primer was an unnecessary step." in 67 reviews
Lauren S.
I'll admit... this does keep your eyeshadow on for a long time.  That said... it is drying and makes my eyelids look wrinkly.  It really doesn't do much from a tint/coverage perspective to even out my eyelids....which is my highest priority.  I have found that what works best for me is to apply some decent concealer or my trusty  Tom Ford Traceless Stick Foundation to my eyelids with a concealer brush and blend.  Then apply a little bit of translucent powder such as  Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder and then my eye shadow.
Jaymee H.
Topeka
Review for: ORIGINAL more...
Absolutely love love love it. I never used to use an eyeshadow primer but once I was introduced I fell in love. It's not too pricey and if you want your eyeshadow to stay in place than I would suggest not skipping this product. I've done the same eyeshadow routine with and with out this primer, without it I may get 6 hours and still look fresh but when I use it I can wear the eyeshadow all day and night and still wake up with my eyes looking pristine. 10 out of 10 would recommend adding this to your necessary makeup bag
Chopa A.
Bethesda, MD
Review for: EDEN more...
This was my first high end beauty purchase and has since stayed my favorite primer of all time. The eden formula has pigment that cancels out any darkness and unevenness and makes for a perfect base. I lightly set it with nude eyeshadow and any colors on top blend out really easily and appear true to the color in the pan. When I forget to put this on, my eyeshadow starts to crease a couple hours in and it’s immediately noticeable. So, this product definitely makes a huge difference, especially if you have oily lids
Amy D.
Purchased at: Sephora
This primer delivers on its promise to prep eyes for a flawless finish and long wear. The formula is thick and creamy with no harsh fragrances, and goes on very smooth giving you the perfect starting canvas to keep shadows in place. The packaging is interesting and unique, but offers small amounts of product. With that said, little is needed per application & 1 tube has lasted me quite a while. Price is a tad high for my liking, but worth the $$$ since it works so well. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
Hue V.
San Jose, CA
If you want your eyeshadow to last all day without smudging or fading, this is your go to eyeshadow primer. If you also have oily eyelids this also helps prevent the shadow from creasing as well which is why I gave this product 4 stars. Now, I struggle with EXTREMELY oily eyelids and I seriously mean it. I can’t even put waterproof eyeliner on my eyelids without it from smudging off and when I put false lashes on, I can feel the lash glue loosening on my eyelids from the oils. This primer will for sure still make your shadow crease. The reason why I still use this product is because I learn from trial and error you have to put enough eyeshadow (powder) on your eyelids to help prevent the oils from seeping. Basically you are setting the oils with powder.

Tips and tricks to what I do to help prevent my eyeliner and eyelash glue from smudging or breaking up:
1. Apply the eyeshadow primer
2. You may use an eyeshadow that is the same color as your face to make it match, a slightly lighter color than your skin to brighten the eyelids, darker color to give you a natural smoky eye, or a powder foundation. You may use translucent powder but I feel like I have to reapply mid-day and I also want to hide my veins on my eyelid by using something that has more color.
3. Pack the color on the eyelids
4. Apply the rest of the make up.
Misa K.
SEATTLE, WA
Purchased at: Sephora
I used to use the exclusively but have switched to Elizabeth Mott since UD changed their packaging. The actual product is great. It keeps your eye shadow on all day without creasing, which says a lot because I have the oiliest eyelids. This new packaging is awful though. The wand makes it harder to control the amount that comes out and it breaks and gets product everywhere. I wish they would bring back the old squeeze tube. The actual primer though is effective and reliable.
Beth M.
Hickory, NC
Purchased at: Sephora
One of my favorite go-to eyeshadow primer products! My eyelids are quite oily, but applying this product first helps my eyeshadow stay put all day long, and I have minimal creasing by evening time. I can’t live without it!Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
Josephine B.
Lawrence, KS
one of the first “high end” makeup products I ever bought. Less than a year ago I wasn’t too into makeup but my roommate let me borrow this one night because she said it would help my eyeshadow stay all night. I used it and loved it and how I looked good all night and even when I got home. I bought it a couple months later and now I hardly do my makeup without it. Makes a huge difference and honestly the price is fair for the quality and the product goes a very long way.
Adriana M.
I typically don't wear eyeshadow primer, but gave UD's primer a go. After a few hours, my shadow typically creases and if I wear liner, it smudges by the end of the day. After my first application of UD's Primer Potion, I was hooked!
The creamy formula moisturizes, dries easily, and the staying power lasts all day.
If you want your eye makeup to look as fresh as it did when you first applied it, I suggest trying Urban Decay's Primer Potion.
Luciana V.
Tucson, AZ
Purchased at: ULTA
Review for: ORIGINAL more...
I tried this product after seeing multiple YouTubers using it for their looks. I was not impressed after trying it. For me, an eyeshadow primer should provide thick and uniform coverage in order to set up a smooth canvas for your eyeshadow. Your primer can make or break the look that you create. I didn’t finish the product before changing to another one because it was too light and watery for what I like to see. It just didn’t go on evenly - huge no no.
Heather W.
Middleton, WI
What are the benefits of using an eyeshadow primer????
Allie b.
Lincoln, NE
Is this really worth the money?
Sarah S.
Houston, Tx
If you couldn't use Urban Decay Primer Potion...what's the next best thing?
Ameena F.
Troutdale, OR
Is this primer too expensive in some people's opinion?
Stephanie S.
Which UD Primer Potion is your favorite?