Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion

The number-one primer* for indestructible, all-day eyeshadow, our legendary Eyeshadow Primer Potion delivers everything you could possibly want in an eye primer: No creasing. More vibrant color. Smoother application.

Eyeshadow Primer Potion features space-age polymer technology that fills in any imperfections on the skin’s surface, prepping your lids for ALL-day shadow. Of course, every shade is paraben-free.

Now we’ve got more finishes than ever before! Caffeine (rich warm brown matte) works great for deeper skin tones and can also be used to intensify brown shadows. Use Freebase (opaque white matte) to brighten and intensify any shadow. Due to huge demand, we’re also bringing back Sin (pale nude shimmer).

Our gorgeous packaging features ombré artwork and a faceted, jewel-like cap. Squeeze the Potion directly from the tube or use our flocked wand applicator. Either way, you get precise, controlled application every time.

Urban Decay is 100% cruelty-free.

CAFFEINE:

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate.

EDEN:

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Trihydroxystearin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Aqua (Water/Eau).

May Contain:

CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides).

FREEBASE:

MINOR SIN:

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides,Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Aqua (Water/Eau).

May Contain:

Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 774491/774499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

ORIGINAL:

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Aqua (Water/Eau).

May Contain:

Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 774491/77492/774499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

SIN:

Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides

¿No Se te pega a las pestañas o se hace grumoso cuando se seca?
¿para que me sirve el primer y como se utiliza?
Start your review of Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion!
Product Highlights
“I have all the primer shades and I love them all. I have super oily lids so my eyeshadow and liner tend to slide off. Bit ever since I've started using the primer that's no longer an issue for me. It last a long time and you can totally use Sin or Greed on their own! They look really beautiful alone if you want a light makeup day with a touch of sparkle ” in reviews
“Honestly the best eye shadow primer ever only one negative feed back is that it does dry out quick so application of the eyeshadow needs to be fast but other than that amazing.” in reviews
“Good primer a little goes a long way I've had 1 tube almost 2 years now has a nice healthy glow sometimes I use it even if I don't use any shadow just to give my lids an even color and use mascara and looks great” in reviews
“I have tried many primers and I can say this is one of the best primers I have..a little goes a long way and makes your eye-shadow stay in place all day :))” in reviews
“When I first started watching youtube and trying to do more with my eye makeup I always thought eyeshadow primer was an unnecessary step.” in reviews
Pawleys Isl, SC
1,048 reviews
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion uploaded by Ashley M.
So I’ve never used an eyeshadow primer before and I was super stoked to get the opportunity to try this. To be honest my eyeshadow has always gone on fairly smooth in my opinion but after trying this product I must say that I am a firm believer in eyeshadow primer! This product is packaged so adorably and I am a visual purchaser so that was very alluring. In addition it’s formula is vegan, cruelty free and paraben-free which are all super important to me. The product is easy to apply and it does not take but a very small amount of product so this is sure to last a while. I applied it to my lids and once dried I applied my eyeshadow. At first it didn’t seem too different but I noticed it surely after the application. It was smooth and throughout the day it remained that way. It looked as good after work as it did when I applied it. I also went running after work in the rain to see how well it would stay and it was perfectly applied after the run. I would recommend this product to anyone looking to try an eyeshadow primer!! Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
Hemet, CA
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion uploaded by jaxs R.
I was so excited to not only receive a voxbox but to have it be an eyeshadow primer was perfect. Thank you Urban Decay and Influenster. I have no previous experience with eyeshadow primers but have been working very hard on getting my shadows darker and hopefully blended to perfection. I found this to be a really nice texture, left my lids silky soft feeling prior to shadow application. They don't really say how thick or thin of a layer to use, after trying my first time I realized that it's necessary to make sure application is even. Thicker areas will pick up more color, but my second attempt wasn't a problem. This was taken this morning and now almost 8 hours later my lids look just as dark and even better nothing has moved! Even my gel eyeliner hasn't budged. For me since I don't need my face to last a full day or longer I will most likely save this for special occasions when I want a more dramatic look, but if I was in a position to need my makeup to last 12 plus hours a day this urban decay product absolutely would be an every day part of my makeup application! I just don't have anything to compare this too as this is my first time with eyeshadow primers, so I'm reluctant to give a full 5 stars. Wish I could do 4 1/2!
Mohnton, PA
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion uploaded by Melanie L.
As usual, Urban Decay has delivered a stellar product! I received this Urban Decay eyeshadow primer from #influenster, and it did not disappoint. It has a very smooth texture, and applies smooth and evenly with a finger, no need for special tools. It made my eyeshadow POP. I have blue eyes with some green, and neutral colors tend to look bland on my lids, and essentially non-existent by the end of the day, but this Urban Decay formula kept my shadow colors intact for the long haul. I was shocked. Some primers I've used have a very watery texture and are difficult to apply. I'm a lover of this brand, and receiving this awesome product maintained my faith in the brand. At the end of the day, it was a process to ensure all my makeup was off, and the primer kept my shadow standing strong. I also appreciate that it held up during my 12 hour shift. I work in nursing, and i sweat alot at times, and its nice to have access to a product that will keep me feeling like my makeup still looks good regardless of what condition I'm working in. I would HIGHLY recommend this primer if you want to maximize the bright or boldness of your shadows, in addition to keeping them in place for the day. To boot, the package is very cute and unique. 5 stars for sure. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion My attached photo depicts a photo that may not portray my makeup skills, HOWEVER, shows how well this primer kept my shadow in place...after 12+ working hours, and a drive home! Highly recommend!!!
Morgantown , WV
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion uploaded by Jessica S.
I’ve tried a few eye primers but never cared much for them so I stuck with concealers & moisturizers instead.. but I tried this today & LOVE it! It may be a little pricey but very well worth the results you get. Wasn’t sticky or tacky, went on very smooth and made my makeup (especially my eyeliner) stay put and not melt/bleed.. the best part? Duh it made my makeup look BOMB! I’m totally feeling myself today, and literally only did my makeup today to try this out lol, I’m a busy mom of 3 so I only rocked my look at Walmart today, and my fiancé was like “you sure you’re only going to the store?” 😂 and of course my 4 year old had to do her makeup too! She has a makeup kit/set up like mommy. ❤️ but anyways back to this review, YES I highly recommend giving it a try, you will not regret it, the applicator is amazing & you don’t need too much product at all, so it will last a long time! 😃
Fargo, ND
I sat there waiting, each second feeling like an eternity. One by one they stepped forward as he called their names. Finally he called my name, but I didn’t even recognize it until I felt a nudge from my friend behind me. My foot pushed out from the slit in my dress and I confidently moved forward, my dress flowing as I walked. I stopped just short of him and he had a slight smile on his face as his eyes were locked to mine. “Will you accept this rose?”, he asked. I looked down at the delicate flower he was offering me. I felt the camera pan and dramatically zoom into my face. At that moment, I was thankful I had applied the creamy Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer to my lids. The primer had gone on flawlessly thanks to the sponge applicator. It was slightly tinted - so much so that you could use it without shadow, but when added with shadow, it accentuated my sparkly lids while also making sure everything stayed in place. My worries centered around making sure this man saw my true colors, and not the color on my lids since the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer wasn’t about to allow creasing. I smiled and said, “Yes, yes I will.” And reached out to receive the rose. He breathed a sigh of relief as I turned and walked back to the line of women vying for his heart. I was ready for the next step in my journey to find love. While this is my honest opinion, I’m required to disclose that I received this product complimentary from Influenster.
Leesburg, GA
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion uploaded by Stephanie R.
I got this in a VoxBox and never thought there could be much too eyeshadow primer...but boy was I wrong! I used this urban decay eyeshadow primer potion on on eye and left the other to be done as normal, so that I could truly see if there was a difference and if so what. When I put it on, it felt kinda, Idk almost glue like sticky. But it wasnt a bad feeling. I completed my eye makeup without the primer potion first then the eye with. Both looked great and went on the same. But after a night out, the eye without primer potion had started wearing off and creasing a little. They eye with primer potion did not do either! So yes...It works. It does what it says. Eyeshadow is there to stay when urban decay eyeshadow primer potion is used!! I love this product and will buy it when I'm out of this tube. And I definitely recommend it! In the pics the eye on the right (looking at the pics) is the eye that I used the primer potion on and you can see the difference clearly after having worn it for several hours. This is an awesome product.
Mt Lake Park, MD
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion uploaded by Sherri L.
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion uploaded by Sherri L.
Just on first impressions I love this eye primer! The color isn't stark white and it matches my skin tone really well. I received the original, complimentary from Influenster. It left a nice tacky base for my to stick without being patchy and still allowed them to blend well. I've only had it on for a few hours, but I don't have any creasing as of yet. It smells a little like playdough but you can't smell it after it's applied and the packaging is beautiful. If it continues to perform like it is so far I will be repurchasing this.
Mariaville, ME
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion uploaded by Tsisqua B.
First off, I did receive this product free from Influenster but I will be giving my honest opinion regardless. That said, this is still the og of eyeshadow primers. I remember the first time I used this product (I’m talking late 2000’s) and I loved how my eyeshadow still looked as good as when first applied. I haven’t used this product in a long time, so when I received the primer potion I was hoping for the same results. I can safely say that I did. The application was simple and I usually pat it with my fingertip to insure smooth base for the eyeshadow. I know some folks don’t like the applicator but I like it and the tube allows me to squeeze most of the product out. I personally have sensitive and oily eyelids so this is good primer that holds up to my issues. I can’t say that everyone will experience the same results (we are all unique) but for me this is a go to product. The price is good for the amount of use. I wear eyeshadow everyday and I’ve had the product about two weeks. I know it will last a month if not more depending on use. So if you are on the fence, try a sample first and thank me later. ***Side note, make sure your eyelid is clean and dry, irritation can happen if not.***Urban Decay Primer Potion Eyeshadow Primer Anit-Aging
Orlando, FL
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion uploaded by Laura T.
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion uploaded by Laura T.
I tried the original one. I’m interested in trying the anti-aging one next though because I’m not satisfied with this. I have hooded eyes and definitely have a problem with creasing on the eyelids and the under eye I also have a problem with any type of product settling to find lines. This primer is pretty good for preventing creases in your eyeshadow on the top lid however in the under eye area your wrinkles will still be showing just the same. Not a huge fan! My favourite was from Kat Von D. I used the dark gray eyeshadow primer if you want to build a smoky eye and it was fantastic!
Albuquerque, NM
Purchased at: Sephora
When I do eyeshadows it automatically means I use primer as well. Every time. When I spend my time with eyeshadows I want them to last and stay exactly how I made them and for that UD is perfect. For all UD primers you seriously need a tiny dip so the price is more than reasonable and the primer will last probably at least one year. They are all great and it is basically only about your needs and preferences. ORIGINAL - my second favorite. Even out tone of my eyelids. It's literally like a glue for eyeshadows which makes it slightly harder to blend some kinds of eyeshadows (Naked pallete for example). It pops out colors and hold eyeshadows all day long and even night if you need to. EDEN - I would say my favorite one. It's even higher level of long lasting. I kinda like this formula better than ORIGINAL. Other than that it's basically the same-harder to blend, pops out colors. SIN - has shimmer in it which works great for quick makeup looks. You can apply the primer and basically just do your crease with darker color or just eyeliners, finish with a mascara and you are good to go. I personally prefer primers without shimmer. #urbandecay #primer

2,951 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Surrey, BC