BY URBAN DECAY #1 in Eye Primer

The number-one primer* for indestructible, all-day eyeshadow, our legendary Eyeshadow Primer Potion delivers everything you could possibly want in an eye primer: No creasing. More vibrant color. Smoother application.

Eyeshadow Primer Potion features space-age polymer technology that fills in any imperfections on the skin’s surface, prepping your lids for ALL-day shadow. Of course, every shade is paraben-free.

Now we’ve got more finishes than ever before! Caffeine (rich warm brown matte) works great for deeper skin tones and can also be used to intensify brown shadows. Use Freebase (opaque white matte) to brighten and intensify any shadow. Due to huge demand, we’re also bringing back Sin (pale nude shimmer).

Our gorgeous packaging features ombré artwork and a faceted, jewel-like cap. Squeeze the Potion directly from the tube or use our flocked wand applicator. Either way, you get precise, controlled application every time.

Urban Decay is 100% cruelty-free.

CAFFEINE:

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate.

EDEN:

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Trihydroxystearin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Aqua (Water/Eau).

May Contain:

CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides).

FREEBASE:

MINOR SIN:

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides,Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Aqua (Water/Eau).

May Contain:

Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 774491/774499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

ORIGINAL:

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Aqua (Water/Eau).

May Contain:

Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 774491/77492/774499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

SIN:

• What are the benefits of using an eyeshadow primer????353 Answers
  • Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion How would y'all rate...13 Answers
  • Do you guys feel like eye primer actually makes a differe...31 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "I have all the primer shades and I love them all. I have super oily lids so my eyeshadow and liner tend to slide off. Bit ever since I've started using the primer that's no longer an issue for me. It last a long time and you can totally use Sin or Greed on their own! They look really beautiful alone if you want a light makeup day with a touch of sparkle " in 2893 reviews
  • "Honestly the best eye shadow primer ever only one negative feed back is that it does dry out quick so application of the eyeshadow needs to be fast but other than that amazing." in 237 reviews
  • "Good primer a little goes a long way I've had 1 tube almost 2 years now has a nice healthy glow sometimes I use it even if I don't use any shadow just to give my lids an even color and use mascara and looks great" in 87 reviews
  • "I have tried many primers and I can say this is one of the best primers I have..a little goes a long way and makes your eye-shadow stay in place all day :))" in 70 reviews
  • "When I first started watching youtube and trying to do more with my eye makeup I always thought eyeshadow primer was an unnecessary step." in 67 reviews
Mandi U.
Ballwin, MO
I absolutely LOVE Urban Decay Primer Potion. I have tried them all and love each one for different looks. The formula is so smooth and creamy. It's not heavy at all, so you don't get creasing or a weird texture like some eye primers cause. My shadow lasts all day and I feel like it looks better as the day goes on. I can swim or shower and my shadow stays put, until I remove it—at the same time, it come off easily with cleanser and I don't have to scrub to get it off. If I sleep in it, my shadow still looks perfect when I wake. This stuff makes even cheaper shadows look high end. It definitely helps my less pigmented shadows out. A tube lasts forever. I also like the packaging so much more than the old tubes, that were adorable, but wasted a ton of product. The new packaging has no waste. I have tried so many different high end primers and this one is always my favorite.

Pictured: Minor Sin, Original and Eden.
-The Original (purple tube) is an almost translucent nude that is just enough to cover veins and imperfections. It has a matte nude finish.
-The Minor Sin (brown tube) is kind of a champagne frost finish.
-Eden (cream color tube) is a more opaque, slightly yellow/skin color cream that is perfect for doing cut crease.
Carly S.
Review for: Original more...
Listen up Ladies! If you are struggling to find a liking with this primer, keep reading.

I bought this on sale at Ulta. I normally use Ulta eyeshadow primer but it doesn’t hold much better than 8 hours.

I used the Urban Decay and within a few hour it creased. WTF? I was so confused and mad. How does this get sooo many good reviews?

Here is the solution: SET YOUR PRIMER WITH SETTING POWDER AFTER APPLYING IT! It will last literally 24 hours. Such a life changer!!

I am now in love with this primer. I put it on, set it with setting powder, and then apply eyeshadow. Stays on all day with no creases.

I do hate the stop applicator (I’d rather squeeze the tube onto my finger). Probably the only downfall is the packaging.
Chelsea F.
Riverside, MO
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion is great as a base for eyeshadow, as well as for carving the space for a cutcrease eyeshadow look. The applicator is a bit long and oddly shaped, but it doesn't affect how well the product works. A lot of people use a concealer as a base instead of an actual eyeshadow primer due to the stickiness that concealer gives for an intense eyeshadow application, but I prefer an actual eyeshadow primer. This primer doesnt need any setting with powder and has great coverage. There are quite a few colors to choose from. I currently own the original, eden, and caffiene. Once applied, the formula dries down to matte. If you are looking for an eyeshadow primer and do not want or like to use a concealer, I highly recommend Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
Katy F.
West Palm Beach
Urban Decay eyeshadow primer potions are all nice, but I really like my primer to have a skin toned pigment to it I just feel like it covers up any names that might show through and you're able to show the true color of the shades you use. Out of all of that my favorite is definitely Eden for that very reason Eden has a skin tone finish to it so you can get the true pigments of your eye shadows to show through. I guess it's all a matter of preference but I seem to gravitate towards the skin tone ones like NYX professional makeup eyeshadow base in skin tone or Mac soft ochre I'm not crazy about the ones that are just opaque or even White but if I'm doing a really super smokey eye I do like a darker base NYX makes a great one in Black I know it sounds scary but it's actually very nice with a smokey eye. So while all the Urban Decay primer potions are good primers they seem to make your shadows last and allow the pigments to shine through Eden is definitely my favorite for the simple reason that it has a skin toned color to it.
Reigh D.
Knoxville, TN
Review for: Original, Minor Sin more...
This is a beautiful shimmer/metallic primer (no glitter) that will keep your eyeshadow in place for at least 10 hours from my experience. However you will want to be very careful with this primer and not get it in your crease because it is not a matte shade and it's very pigmented it is not all that flattering. If you apply your crease color and THEN apply minor sin primer all over your lid and then apply a shimmer or glitter or whatever shade your wanting on top of the primer it is absolutely beautiful but that's an awful lot of work to be. I would recommend buying the original primer potion as it's very user friendly. I do not recommend this primer because it only looks good on the lid.
Marissa S.
Review for: Original more...
This is a holy grail for a reason! I bought this in January and have used it 4 times a week since then and I still have plenty of product. Packaging makes it perfect for on the go and the application of the item is quick and easy. I usually blend it in with my fingers. Now, about the product. I put it on at 8am, then applied my eyeshadows. It made them stand out and seem more pigmented than what they were before. They were E.L.F. Eyeshadows btw. They lasted for 12 HOURS on my oily lids before starting to fall apart and crease. And this was only last week. They lasted for up to 16 hours in the winter! So yes. This is a wonderful product that I highly recommend.
Abbey L.
Painesville, OH
Review for: Eden more...
I first picked this up at Sephora years ago after seeing my mother use it and I quickly fell in love with it!

I like the squeeze tube packing - makes it easy to get out every last bit of product before repurchasing. The doefoot applicator makes it easy to apply, and it glides on the skin smoothly. The shade "Eden" in particular is what I use, because it has some color to it and it gives me a nice base to work with.

I only docked a star because it dries down so quickly that sometimes it's a challenge to blend it over your eyelid in time. Other than that, it performs like a champion. Eyeshadow pops vibrantly and lasts all day over this primer. I've never noticed any creasing either!

Overall, this stuff is a hit for a reason. If you're looking for a great eyeshadow primer, look no further. Great work, Urban Decay!
Laura N.
Sunnyvale, CA
Review for: Original more...
I've been using this since I got it in the very first Book of Shadows so many years ago. Back then, I thought eyeshadow primer was a gimmick since it was a pretty new product on the market. Now, I don't apply eyeshadow without it. I've tried the color variations of it and they're really nice, but I stick with my original one for everyday use. This tube lasts about 6 months and you only need a small amount dabbed across the eyelid. It makes a huge difference to eyeshadow pigment and opacity (see photo for comparison). It also helps eyeshadow to stay in place for much longer. I'll never do a bold eye look without it.
Jacqueline H.
Pennsylvania
Review for: Original more...
This is the first primer I have ever purchased, and I keep coming back to it. The packaging is user friendly - you are able to squeeze the exact amount you need out of the tube. They may have changed their packaging from the packaging that I have (I don’t need to replace mine often). There is a generous amount of primer, and I find I get months use out of it. I have oily eyelids and have made the mistake of not setting my eyelids with powder after priming so my eyeshadow did crease. From then on, the primer works wonderful on me when I set with a powder, and I don’t experience the creasing I experienced before.
Megan M.
Oak Ridge
Review for: Original, Sin, Eden more...
I've used this original eye primer for as long as I can remember because its always worked so well and I've never felt the need to try any other primer. At the price it is actually a great value because just a dab goes a long way and should be more than enough to do your lids. I apply when I apply my face primer to give it time to set too. it givas my lids flawless smooth canvas to apply my shadow. it also enhances my colors and it holds tight to the color. its marketed as 24 hour hold. I cant attest to 24hours but I can attest that it lasts for at least 14 hours. I put it on at 9am then go to work for 12 hrs running a busy restaurant where I get hot and sweaty and by the time I get home around 9 at night, my eye makeup is literally as flawless as when I began that morning. I recently added sin and eden to my primer rotation and I'm glad I did.  I figured the original good enough and never thought I need to try another but what I didn't really think about was that these also give me the same primer benefits and throws in added benefit of taking my matte shades to a super crisp matte level (eden) or add some shimmer or increase an already shimmer shade (sin) and they still give you a more intense color.  Now I can pick my primer based on the look I am going for
Heather W.
Middleton , WI
What are the benefits of using an eyeshadow primer????
Allie b.
Lincoln, NE
Is this really worth the money?
Sarah S.
Houston, Tx
If you couldn't use Urban Decay Primer Potion...what's the next best thing?
Ameena F.
Troutdale, OR
Is this primer too expensive in some people's opinion?
Stephanie S.
Which UD Primer Potion is your favorite?