BY URBAN DECAY #4 in Eyelid Primer

A 24-hour wear, creamy eye shadow primer that supports antiaging and ensures that eye shades stay vibrant and crease-free. Intensify eye shadows and support antiaging around the eye area with this Primer Potion. This primer lets you prep lids for eye shadows, providing more vibrancy and versatility and all-day, crease-free wear. Its innovative ingredients minimize the look of wrinkles while improving the appearance of tone and texture. Dermaxyl® helps to smooth the appearance of wrinkles, and Kalpariane® supports plumping, firming, and hydrating the skin as it improves suppleness and elasticity. The optical blurring pigments create a subtle, soft-focus effect that instantly brightens up tired eyes and reduces the look of redness, thinning skin in the eye area, and other imperfections. It is formulated Without: - Parabens This coveted primer now comes in revamped packaging with gorgeous ombre artwork and a faceted, jewel-like cap. With revamped packaging that includes an applicator, it looks more gorgeous and applies with more versatility.

• How good is this product3 Answers
  • I want to try this so badd... does it help keep eyeshadow in plac...6 Answers
  • Does this really work?4 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Ciara R.
Ciara R.
Cincinnati, OH
Cult status for a reason! Just like the original primer potion, this keeps your shadow in place and intensifies the color payoff like no other. I used to work at Sephora and we would stripe this on our hand, apply shadow then spray it with water to show clients how budge proof this stuff was. A few years ago, they upgraded to a squeeze tube instead of the doe foot applicator, which was a smart move, as you can now access all of the product to the last drop. With the small amount used everyday, this stuff will last forever and more than justifies the price. If you're spending on quality eyeshadows, this is a no brainier as you will get better performance and pigmentation out of anything you put on top of this. I recently met someone who told me they also use this on source patches in their brows to make brow powder adhere better, and I'm sure that trick will work well for the brow challenged, since brows are the thing right now. All this and UD added anti aging ingredients! The eye area is most women's biggest and most challenging concern so that was a smart addition. Would love to see a future version of this with spf!
Diana V.
Diana V.
I wear eyeliner and eye shadow, on occasion. Not 100% sure if it is my eye cream or simply my skin but I have incredible difficulty keeping liner under my eyes and shadow from running after a few hours. I have tried every brand of waterproof eyeliner and nothing has worked...until this product. I am still in the learning stages of application. I use another very thin eyeliner brush to apply instead of the applicator it comes with to avoid getting the product on my lashes. The eyeliner under my eyes no longer runs!!! I make sure to let the primer dry completely before I apply the eyeliner. Re: the eye shadow. I use the applicator it comes with since it is a bigger area. I have to make sure I put enough primer on and put in on evenly and let it dry before applying shadow. Not perfect but close to it. Only have to reapply (even it out) shadow once during the day. I'm sold on this product!!1
Michelle R.
Michelle R.
Review for: Nude
This primer is the absolute best! I have eyelids with a deep fold that causes major creasing, but not with this! This primer does exactly what it's supposed to and keeps my eye shadow looking like I just applied it even after 12 hour day. I was unsure it would prevent the greasy look being that it is so slick when you put it on. I bought the travel size because it was the first time trying it and I didn't want to spend a lot incase I didn't end up liking it. Also, it doesn't take more than a quick swipe in the lid to do it's job, so the travel size will last me a while. I have used smaller sized primers before and they have lasted me at least a year (when I don't do my makeup every day) . With how greasy my eyelids get, I can't imagine any primers working better than this one! I highly recommend this Urban Decay potion to everyone I know.
Crisma G.
Crisma G.
Review for: Nude
I have been using another high end primer for years.... until I bought this travel size Urban Decay Primer Potion Anti-aging eyeshadow primer. This is one of my Holy Grail Products I swear by. I kept seeing popular YouTubers using UD Primer so I thought I'd give it a try.. and OH MY Goodness!! The wand is perfect for applying the primer. It isn't sticky, and it smells good.. haha I love the bottle it comes in, it's so cute!! The products goes on smooth, and it lasts all day then some. I've had eyeshadow stay on for almost 2 day. I eventually washed it off... but I was in shock. This is actually my only UD product... for now. Haha That's how good it is, it brought me to Urban Decay as a fan, and now a customer. I highly recommend you get this for your makeup stash. At least try it.. I got my travel size from Sephora.
Christine C.
Christine C.
Clearfield, PA
Review for: Nude
I am an absolute lover of Urban Decay as a brand. I own all of the Naked Palettes but Naked Smokey b/c I opted to try the Coastal Scents palette and it had more shades and bang for your buck. I also have the Naked Basics 1 & 2 and a few single shadows I absolutely can't live without. I definitely recommend the Coastal Scents Revealed palettes as dupes to the Naked 1, 2, and 3.They are amazing and have 20 shades compared to 12 at $20 a palette they are the best "dupes" I have used.BUT the primer potion is a must have holy grail product. I use Eden as it is a concealer as well and covers discoloration giving you a blank canvas to apply your shadows. It lasts forever and doesn't allow creasing!
Raychell E.
Raychell E.
Oakley, MI
I bought the full size primer after falling in love with the sample included in the Naked 3 eyeshadow palette. The sample was easy to apply with fingertips. The full size product, however, contains a wand applicator which is a horrible way to apply the primer, in my opinion. I end up brushing the primer over the eye area with the wand and then blending with my fingertips because the applicator does not blend well. The really good news: once the primer is on, it is a fantastic base for any eyeshadow and will absolutely prevent the creasing that we all hate. UD will no doubt see all of our nasty reviews regarding the wand and remove it eventually. It is a terrific product otherwise.
Sarah R.
Sarah R.
The best. I couldn't fault this if tried. The eyeshadow Primer Potion in Eden is a versatile and flawlessly tinted (for me) formula that, with its subtle warm yellow tone can cover up dark bluish circles underneath the eyes (I know it's not a concealer but it stays put better than WAY too many actual concealers), or it'll work great as a low-key natural no-makeup eye color by itself. I gravitate towards the latter just because I do go sans makeup on any given day, but when I need to get a full face done for a photoshoot I always make sure I bring this tube to hand to the MUA. It holds eye makeup through 4-5 hours of shooting under hot lights. Should be a staple in everyone's kit.
Gabriela M.
Gabriela M.
Jacksonville, FL
I've only been using this eye primer for a few weeks now but I am seriously so impressed. I have tried the original formula and took it back because it did not go well with my oily lids at all! By three or four hours my eyeshadow would be patchy. The outcome with this product is a whole nother story. My eyeshadow lasts me for my 8 hour work days and is still just as pigmented as it was when I first placed it. The only down side is that I do not recommend this for very metallic or glittery eyeshadows because the pigment of these products will not show up as bright on your lids compared to if you use a glitter glue. This primer is great for just something generic and long lasting.
Courtney B.
Courtney B.
I love Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer! I originally resisted buying this product because I sometimes think of Urban Decay as being for more extreme/youthful looks then I tend to prefer. However, this eyelid primer is amazing. When you unscrew the top, it has a little applicator for easy swiping directly onto your lids with just the right amount of product (you don't need much). And it's ridiculously effective at providing a smooth base for color application and making everything stick and stay put. Using this primer, I no longer have any issues with eyeshadowing creasing despite having pretty oily eyelids, and my makeup looks perfect all day long.
Laila S.
Laila S.
Urban Decay's Primer Potion in Sin is my go-to eyeshadow primer. This stuff is so amazing: it's a beautiful color that complements a lot of other UD eyeshadows (I like to wear it with Toasted), it stays on forever, and it's so light and creamy. It's really quick and easy to use... my eyes look amazing even on days when I barely have time to put on any makeup, and it even looks good by itself. I've gotten so many complements on this primer.
My only issue with this primer is the new packaging: it's easier to smear when using it with my fingers instead of with a brush. But this is a really minor issue when the primer is so incredible otherwise.
Katie B.
Katie B.
I have never used an eyeshadow primer, but heard this primer was amazing. I would love to know if anyone else hs used it and their feelings on this product before I actually try it?
Shi N.
Shi N.
Brought from Sephora because it was extremely cheap. Does it really make eye maker last longer?
Madhia S.
Madhia S.
Wanted to buy for ages is it any good
Meabh B.
Meabh B.
I just picked up a travel size of this; is it applied better with the applicator or is using my fingertip better? Do I need to let it dry first before applying shadow? ~Thanks!~
Yudelmys P.
Yudelmys P.
Hazleton , PA
I want to try this so badd... does it help keep eyeshadow in place for long?