BY URBAN DECAY #10 in Eyeshadow

Urban Decay’s groundbreaking new eye shadow formula. This reformulation of Urban Decay’s eye shadow features even softer, amazingly velvety texture; richer, more dense and decadent color; smoother, more uniform pigment distribution and blendability; and longer-lasting, more crease-free wear. The new line of shadows features a completely revamped assortment of shades, new textures, and a totally redesigned token compact. The secret to the new formula is Urban Decay’s Pigment Infusion System™, a vehicle for color that holds tightly to pigment and gives the formula its glide. The proprietory blend of ingredients allows color to weave itself through the formula resulting in insane color payout, color that stays on your lids, and sparkle that doesn’t fall. The amazing technology works for every shade and finish. Every Urban Decay shade is silky, blendable, and stays put. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates- Synthetic Fragrances- Petrochemicals- Phthalates- GMOs- Triclosan The new assortment of shades features bestselling favorites, all new shades, and several shades previously available in past palettes. Packaging was inspired by NYC subway tokens; the chromed gunmetal compact with a clear window allows you to see your shade and pop your shadows out and into one of the new customizable palettes.

Reviews (11910)
  • "You can't go wrong with Urban Decay" in 1 review
  • "if i want buy eyeshadows i always go for urban decay because it makes the best eye shadows.their texture is amazing.their smooth and some are creamy buy this product and you wont be disappointed " in 1 review
  • "Seriously if you want a good product dont be cheap." in 1 review
  • "I always go back to theirs." in 1 review
  • "I have a soft spot for anything Urban Decay." in 1 review
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Ecstasy, Purple Haze, Free Love (golden vibrant peach shimmer), Asphyxia (hyacinth shimmer w/blue shift), Fireball (peach w/pink shift), Lounge (brick red w/green shift), Backfire (burgundy w/purple shift), Tonic (lilac w/blue shift), Grifter
In just reviewing the full size eyeshadows I own here and not what's in the palettes as I don't think that's an honest thing to do because they can be a bit different.
First off, the color selection is so very unique it's to die for. To put this in perspective for you I have spent over 9k at Sephora alone in the last 18 months. In that time I've purchased almost every palette released and made many custom eyeshadow palettes with singles sold from different high end brands. But I'm also super picky about quality. I don't care about hype or popularity but I do care that the quality reflects the price of what I'm paying for this super expensive item.
The color selection is what has always drawn me In and hundreds of eyeshadows later still does. It can become quite a bore with companies constantly making the same 3 palettes repeatedly. No new colors unless its a really bright colored palette that's been done already.
But with the Urban Decay brand in general and especially with their singles, not only do they have these beautiful unique shades but they spend some good time making the undertones, shifts, metallics, etc. Look so expensive and deep and beautiful and unique. It's not anything you could find in any other brand so easily at all.
The next thing that made me fall in love was that the quality is out of this world. It better be for what it costs for one eyeshadow and they really do deliver.
They blend out amazingly. They mix together beautifully even with colors you would never think would look good tovether they all seem to be so gorgeous together or seperate from thos collection.
The matte eyeshadows are probably the most surprising out of the entire collection. It may surprise you to know that matte eyeshadows are the hardest to make to be pigmented, not splotchy and easily blendable while still staying pigmented. But they do it. Every time with every matte they do it. I own buck in a palette but also purchased the full size and its an amazing matte. The kind you dream of.
If you get the shimmer and metallic shadows of more unique colors I think you may know just how wrong wearing those colors can go with fallout, fading, traveling and flat out bleeding. It can look like Halloween up on your face with the wrong colored eyeshadow. But not only do they do bright and unique colors right but they also have some that are duo shift, chrome and shimmer with different levels of depth and color. And they all last and work exactly how you want them to.
Yes they are expensive and I hate that they dont have a make your own palette deal where if you buy a few it gets a few dollars cheaper as most other high end singles do offer that so it can hurt the pocket book but with a little time and patience you can grow a collection you will love that will last you a long time.
These shadows are pigmented and velvety soft with little to no fall out depending on the color. The case is absolutely gorgeous in its design but also very sturdy in its function so I don't worry traveling with it.
I recommend these to everyone. Go and get yourself one or two. You wont regret it.
Emily J.
Review for: Sellout
I decided I simply wanted a color which could be used as a base. However, I literally had the hardest time finding a color that was not only sorta pigmented but was also the right color. However, I like this product for a few simple reasons.
To begin, this product is absolutely amazing. I have never found a product as pigmented as this. This color doesn't just blend in exactly with my skin. That is exactly what I wanted, a color that would be neutral but could be used as a base. I definitely was impressed with that.
Additionally, this product lasts all day. I came home after 8 hours and this eyeshadow was still on! It just really amazes me because I have never had an eyeshadow lasts that long.
Is the price worth it?
I would say yes. This product retails for about $20, which is a bit expensive. I would say that the quality definitely matches the price though. However, if you aren't comfortable with spending that much on one shadow, I would recommend any of the Ulta Shadows;)
Aruna B.
Portland , OR
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Midnight Cowboy (pink champagne shimmer w/silver glitter), C-Note (frosted green w/micro-glitter shimmer)
First of all I must say I am in love with these eye shadows. Urban Decay has done an awesome job with their eye shadows. Although I own many eye shadows and palettes from various brands but these two have been my go-to shades. I love the versatility of Midnight cowboy which is a champagne shimmery shade. It works very well during the day time as well as night. I usually put it all over my lid and I am all set to step outside. I do not need to anything extra on my eyes when I put this on. C-note is a beautiful frosted green shade with shimmer, it looks so beautiful on any skin tone. I usually wear it at night. With a hint of brown in the crease area and C-note all over the lid it makes for a perfect night time eye makeup. I love the pigmentation and smoothness of these eye shadows, a little goes a long way. It can also be used with a make up spray to enhance the shimmer. Love how they look on me.
Tiffanie K.
Valdosta, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Midnight Cowboy (pink champagne shimmer w/silver glitter)
I received this eyeshadow as the birthday gift from Ulta last year(?? might have been the year before last I can't remember). This shade is pigmented, has great payoff on the eyes, and lasts all day.. My only gripe is the fallout upon application. If you use this shadow, do your eye-makeup first before your foundation so that you can clean up the glitter fall out. Other than that, you'll be pleased with this shadow. Would recommend.
Arlana S.
Mansfield
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Sideline (gold w/green shift)
I received the shade Sideline as a free sample from Ulta. It is very eas to use/apply. Great pigment and very blendable. This is a shimmer shadow, I recommend wetting your brush before applying to your eye lids, to make the color " pop ".
Save your receipts! Most stores have great return/ exchange policies.
trisha V.
Andover
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love all Urban Decay products. They always seem to hit the nail on the head when it comes to eyeshadow. Urban Decay offers a variety of colors in this eyeshadow. I have to love Rose Gold Shimmer but you really go wrong with any one you choose. I haven't been disappointed with any one I have tried. This eyeshadow doesn't flake or crease. It is simply the best! Urban Decay Eyeshadow
Constance L.
Columbus, OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Half Baked (golden bronze shimmer)
Started by borrowing some from a friend one time. I have green eyes that sometimes appear to be blue and it looked awesome, even with my pretty light complexion. I immediately knew I had to have my own. I don't wear a lot of eyeshadow, but this is light and adds an incredible shimmer (for my standards). I wore it for my wedding and it was absolutely gorgeous. I would absolutely recommend.
Courtney L.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Midnight Cowboy (pink champagne shimmer w/silver glitter), Sellout (pinky champagne shimmer), Chopper
These are expensive for single shadows but I really wanted to try them because they looked so pretty. I love shimmer shadows especially for inner corner and on the lid. These work well, but you have to scratch down a bit first which annoys me. When you first go into the pot very little comes off. You have to get past the first layer which for the price I think is a waste. If they were cheaper it wouldn’t be as big of a deal. But once you get past that they are gorgeous shadows. There is some fall out but nothing that isn’t typical of shimmer shades.
Sarah H.
Prescott, AZ
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Mushroom (warm gray shimmer), Mildew (mossy green shimmer w/gold shift)
I can't rave enough about Urban Decay eyeshadows! UD was the first non-drugstore brand of eyeshadows I ever tried and were my gateway to becoming the makeup junkie I am today, so I'll always have a soft spot for them in my heart. Years later I've expanded my eyeshadow collection to quite a few other brands but I still find myself looking forward to UD's new releases and reaching for their eyeshadows on a regular basis. They're still one of the most pigmented and blendable shadows I've ever used. I normally never buy singles of higher end eyeshadows, only palettes, but I have purchased a few UD singles of the shades I love the most so I don't have to wait for a palette to get my fix.
Olivia H.
Tuscaloosa, AL
Review for: Hotpants
I had never tried Urban Decay eyeshadows because I had always heard that they aren't very rich and pigmented like other brands, but I found a pretty shimmery pink that I thought would go well as an all-over-lid base color. I was really rather disappointed in the product..the shadow was difficult to lift onto my brush and although I would get a lot on my brush eventually, it did not transfer well to my lid. Overall, the shadow ended up turning out more pale purple than pink and I felt like I had wasted my money a bit because the shadow was hardly pigmented enough to show up on my lids. Maybe it's just this particular shade, but I wasn't too impressed.
Annemarie D.
Maitland, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
What is your favorite color?
Bethany P.
Cartersville, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love Urban Decay and their products, but I've never tried this eyeshadow. How pigmented is it? Does it have a slight shimmer?
Melissa C.
Williamstown , NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this brand last all day?
Vanessa N.
San Bernardino, CA
Is urban decay shadows good
Angel L.
Dayton, OH
What eyeshadow primer does everyone use?