BY URBAN DECAY #4 in Setting Spray

Meet your most powerful oil-control ally. De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray mists on weightlessly to make your makeup stay put as it controls oil, deflects surface shine and keeps skin looking beautifully matte. High-tech ingredients help keep foundation, shadow and blush from smudging, sliding or fading—so you hardly ever need to touch up. Goodbye shine. Hello vibrant, long-lasting makeup.

Developed in an exclusive partnership with Skindinavia, this groundbreaking, tested formula is free of oil and parabens and features patented Temperature Control Technology. Yep, this baby actually lowers the temperature of your makeup to help it stay put and keep skin looking smooth (but never shiny).

In a 7-day study of De-Slick:

100% of participants said De-Slick helped prevent makeup meltdown.
Over 90% said their makeup looked less shiny, didn’t slide and rarely needed to be touched up.
85% said De-Slick is the longest-lasting oil-control product they’ve ever used.

Urban Decay is 100% cruelty-free.

• Aqua / Water

• Urban Decay De-slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray Doe...1 Answers
  • Will this setting spray keep my makeup on the whole day?2 Answers
  • I want to try this out s bad !!2 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "it makes a great setting spray, but it didn’t make me all that matte. still, it kept my makeup on all day, plus it smells great and is very easy to use. i’d recommend it, but it won’t make your skin (especially if you’re oily) completely matte." in 3602 reviews
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
I bought this in full size because the original All Nighter spray had been amazing at keeping my eye and face make up looking perfect for longer than I've ever experienced despite my slick in an hour skin type.
Then I seen this and with the experience I had with the original I totally trusted it and dropped 30 dollars on a full size bottle immediately.
A little background. I'm 26 with adult acne that I've had since puberty. It's hormonal acne and the hormones not only cause acne but excessive oil production and some other issues but we will stay with the relevant ones.
By excessive I'm being very literal when I say after I wash my face I can rub my hand across my forehead or cheeks or any part of my face and its slippery and my hand comes back shiny.
Because if this my makeup is melted off within an hour.
Now I use a ton of mattifying products like toner, moisturizer, primer, foundation, setting powder and now spray. This can get me a few hours without being slick and having to use 3 huge blotting sheets and filling them up.
I was hoping with how great the original worked the De Slick would push me through the rest of the day. I should have known that was a pipe dream lol.
So I have been using this for over a year switching on and off with the original and Boscia white charcoal mattifying which works even less.
I've tried two sprays up to five sprays and nothing works. This does absolutely nothing for my skin or my makeup. Maybe it makes my makeup last a bit longer but I'm not really seeing a drastic improvement there like I did with the original and honestly at this price point for an oil control setting spray I want it to do what it claims. I'm actually surprised I didn't return and exchange for another original bottle as that is always what I do with expensive products that don't blow me away as I refuse to waste that much money on mediocre products.
Now this stuff isn't horrible by any means. It just didn't work for me but a lot of things don't work for me that do work for others that aren't as excessively oily as me. So because I do think that it may be me needing an industrial strength product I won't give this a low start rating but I will be completely honest about how i feel about it and my experience.
So I don't have an opinion one way or another on whether or not I'd recommend this product as when it comes to skin and what works we are all so different. All I know is I won't be repurchasing but that you should test it beforw making up your mind by buying the travel size or going into a sephora store and spraying it on your face and then seeing how it reacts with your skin throughout the day.
Thats my opinion so I hope it was helpful. I hope you have better luck and less oil than me.
katharine g.
I have a pretty oily t-zone area which I've always struggled with. I used to use oil blotting sheets like CRAZY. I would always have them stashed away in every one of my purses because I knew I would need them within like an hour of doing my makeup. Even though I pressed pretty lightly with the oil absorbing sheets, my makeup would always seem to come off in those areas. Therefore, I would carry around my makeup bag all the time so I could do touch ups whenever I needed to. I finally saw this makeup setting spray and decided to go with the de-slick oil control one. It has no joke changed my life. I do my makeup, then give my face about 5-6 sprays after I'm done. It immediately sets my makeup and makes my face look really fresh. I don't carry around blotting papers with me anymore and I don't carry around my makeup bag. The only thing I need now is lip stuff because obviously that wears off at some point in the day. I seriously still can't believe how amazing my makeup looks after it being on all day long. I 100% love this and recommend it to anyone with any amount of oily skin. It even works great with humidity and sweating. I'm completely in love with this produc
Kelsey S.
I really like the Urban Decay De-slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray! I have oily skin so when I wear foundation I always bake because I don’t want to get oily throughout the day.. and then I use a setting spray so I don’t look too powdery or cakey. This setting spray helps to keep me from looking cakey and keeps my oils from peeking through for a while. This setting spray combined with the Urban Decay De-Slick Complexion Primer helps to keep me matte for the majority of the day! The only thing I do not like about the spray is that the mist isn’t the finest mist ever, it can be a little uneven with the sprays but for the most part it is a really nice setting spray!
Karlee D.
Omaha, NE
I love this setting spray!! I refuse to buy anything other than urban decays setting spray. I have oily/combination skin and I find that my makeup always breaks up around my chin and nose. This spray prevents that. It smells so good and fresh when you spray it on and the product mists on your face rather than squirting. I believe it covers my whole face in once spray which is great. Overall great product!
Madhu D.
I have a combination skin and got this because its not supposed to my skin oily. I have wore this in summer and winter. In summer I hated it, it made my nose area so oily after few hours of wear. So I went back to All Nighter which performed better than this, in Summer. I am using this in winter and its performing better, and normally my skin is also not getting oily too much. But I may just get All nighter from next time, it works better for me through out the year.
Dani E.
I received a travel size as a gift. The spray comes out in a heavy, but fine mist. It instantly sets makeup and keeps my face on throughout my busy shifts at work and when I’m walking around in the heat. This product is particularly amazing for my oily skin! My foundation doesn’t cake, and my eye makeup looks flawless throughout the day when set with this spray. My only complaint is that this stuff REALLY stinks like a filthy rear end, and it makes me nauseous every time I smell it. I wish they’d make the scent a little more bearable.
Shyana L.
Jackson , MI
So when I first got this stuff, WOW, like a dream, it worked! I have extremely oily skin and my makeup would slide right off my face. I used this setting spray followed by a powder and my face looked so matte and amazing. After my second bottle purchase, it has somewhat decreased in effectiveness. I'll get that matte look for about 5 hours. Definitely not an all nighter. However, I also changed finishing powder, so it may well be that! Overall, I was shocked that they make a product that could decrease the oil slick that is my face!
Ana F.
Best Setting Spray Ever! I have oily skin and this spray keeps my foundation on over 12 hours and still looks great! I use it everyday. The sprayer is nice and the bottle holds 4oz of product, which is awesome. It dries pretty fast which is great, I'll spray it and fan myself to speed up the dry time, cuz I don't have to wait for stuff to dry at 5am. I work two jobs and I don't get home until 9pm most of the time and my face is still rocking at the end of the day. Best. Setting Spray. Ever. Please UD never stop making this!
Alexis H.
Haysi, VA
this stuff is amazing! i personally love love love this! i wore this for prom and it kept my makeup on for so long! and it was hot outside and i even got my makeup done that morning and prom was the evening! everyone i know that uses this loves it! it goes really good with the foundation Urban Decay all nighter! i definitely recommend this stuff if you want your makeup staying in one place!😊😊
Anna C.
Salinas, CA
This is my absolute favorite setting spray. I have been using this for years. It sets my makeup beautifully & lasts a good amount of time. I don't have to reapply powder in other areas other than my t zone when it gets oily and it keeps it at bay for about 4 hours for me. It dries fast and the spray provides a nice fine even mist. I haven't tried other higher end setting sprays because I love this one so much. I have combination skin and I recommend this product to people with similar skin type!
Jana M.
Andover, CT
Which is better, this or the skindinavia setting spray?
Courtney
Lakeland, FL
I want this but i am not willing to pay the money before i know if it works good does it work good?
Paige G.
Valley Springs , CA
Is this worth getting??
Mikayla C.
Toronto, ON
For someone with super oily skin, how does this compare to the All Nighter setting spray?
Fatima C.