BY URBAN DECAY #3 in Setting Spray

Meet your most powerful oil-control ally. De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray mists on weightlessly to make your makeup stay put as it controls oil, deflects surface shine and keeps skin looking beautifully matte. High-tech ingredients help keep foundation, shadow and blush from smudging, sliding or fading—so you hardly ever need to touch up. Goodbye shine. Hello vibrant, long-lasting makeup.

Developed in an exclusive partnership with Skindinavia, this groundbreaking, tested formula is free of oil and parabens and features patented Temperature Control Technology. Yep, this baby actually lowers the temperature of your makeup to help it stay put and keep skin looking smooth (but never shiny).

In a 7-day study of De-Slick:

100% of participants said De-Slick helped prevent makeup meltdown.
Over 90% said their makeup looked less shiny, didn’t slide and rarely needed to be touched up.
85% said De-Slick is the longest-lasting oil-control product they’ve ever used.

Urban Decay is 100% cruelty-free.

• Aqua / Water

• Favorite setting spray ?? Personal favorite: Urban Decay De-sli...5 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
I bought this in full size because the original All Nighter spray had been amazing at keeping my eye and face make up looking perfect for longer than I've ever experienced despite my slick in an hour skin type.
Then I seen this and with the experience I had with the original I totally trusted it and dropped 30 dollars on a full size bottle immediately.
A little background. I'm 26 with adult acne that I've had since puberty. It's hormonal acne and the hormones not only cause acne but excessive oil production and some other issues but we will stay with the relevant ones.
By excessive I'm being very literal when I say after I wash my face I can rub my hand across my forehead or cheeks or any part of my face and its slippery and my hand comes back shiny.
Because if this my makeup is melted off within an hour.
Now I use a ton of mattifying products like toner, moisturizer, primer, foundation, setting powder and now spray. This can get me a few hours without being slick and having to use 3 huge blotting sheets and filling them up.
I was hoping with how great the original worked the De Slick would push me through the rest of the day. I should have known that was a pipe dream lol.
So I have been using this for over a year switching on and off with the original and Boscia white charcoal mattifying which works even less.
I've tried two sprays up to five sprays and nothing works. This does absolutely nothing for my skin or my makeup. Maybe it makes my makeup last a bit longer but I'm not really seeing a drastic improvement there like I did with the original and honestly at this price point for an oil control setting spray I want it to do what it claims. I'm actually surprised I didn't return and exchange for another original bottle as that is always what I do with expensive products that don't blow me away as I refuse to waste that much money on mediocre products.
Now this stuff isn't horrible by any means. It just didn't work for me but a lot of things don't work for me that do work for others that aren't as excessively oily as me. So because I do think that it may be me needing an industrial strength product I won't give this a low start rating but I will be completely honest about how i feel about it and my experience.
So I don't have an opinion one way or another on whether or not I'd recommend this product as when it comes to skin and what works we are all so different. All I know is I won't be repurchasing but that you should test it beforw making up your mind by buying the travel size or going into a sephora store and spraying it on your face and then seeing how it reacts with your skin throughout the day.
Thats my opinion so I hope it was helpful. I hope you have better luck and less oil than me.
Liz H.
Winston-Salem , NC
Apply just before foundation to control oil and again after makeup to deflect surface shine and lock makeup in place. -Hold the bottle 8”–10” away and mist face two to four times, in an “X” and “T” formation. Urban Decay is beauty with an edge.
Meet your most powerful oil-control ally. Urban Decay's De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray mists on weightlessly to control oil, deflect surface shine and keep skin looking beautifully matte. High-tech ingredients help keep foundation, shadow and blush from smudging, sliding or fading - so you hardly ever need to touch up. Goodbye shine. Hello vibrant, long-lasting makeup.

Developed in an exclusive partnership with Skindinavia, UD's groundbreaking, tested formula is free of oil and parabens and features patented Temperature Control Technology. Yep, this baby actually lowers the temperature of your makeup to help it stay put and keep skin looking smooth (but never shiny).
Madhu D.
I have a combination skin and got this because its not supposed to my skin oily. I have wore this in summer and winter. In summer I hated it, it made my nose area so oily after few hours of wear. So I went back to All Nighter which performed better than this, in Summer. I am using this in winter and its performing better, and normally my skin is also not getting oily too much. But I may just get All nighter from next time, it works better for me through out the year.
Lisa L.
Mays Landing, NJ
I like this even more than the All-Nighter - it does keep my make-up on as long as the other one, but I also feel I look less oily with it (my skin is extremely oily, Double Wear lasts less then 3 hours on me without the setting spray/primer combo). I feel with setting sprays you have the impression that they are useless until you run out: I definitively see the difference now when I use it. One con though: I run out of setting sprays quite fast.
Overall, I really like this product and definitively need it now, especially if I'm going for a long-wearing make-up. I have the all-nighter now but I think I'll go back the de-slick when I run out.
Rebecca V.
Astoria, NY
My morning routine is not complete without De-slick. I have oily skin and this spray keeps it at bay throughout the day - I definitely notice a difference when I forget to apply it. It doesn't help to keep makeup in place (for that, reach for UD's All-Nighter spray) but it really does help me control my oil. I apply it immediately after foundation and before my powders. My only complaint is that they recently changed the packaging and now it looks almost exactly like All-Nighter!! It's very easy to accidentally pick up the wrong one when doing your makeup.
Ana F.
Best Setting Spray Ever! I have oily skin and this spray keeps my foundation on over 12 hours and still looks great! I use it everyday. The sprayer is nice and the bottle holds 4oz of product, which is awesome. It dries pretty fast which is great, I'll spray it and fan myself to speed up the dry time, cuz I don't have to wait for stuff to dry at 5am. I work two jobs and I don't get home until 9pm most of the time and my face is still rocking at the end of the day. Best. Setting Spray. Ever. Please UD never stop making this!
Ashley S.
Crestwood
This stuff is like gold is a spray bottle. I LOVE this especially with my super oily skin. This is perfect if you’re oily, and helps to keep your makeup look flawless all day long. This is possibly my favorite product urban decay makes. & I use several items from their line now. If you have oily skin, you won’t regret this setting spray. My only complaint about this product is the packaging. The sprayer on the spray bottle itself is finicky. But I may have just gotten a glitch in manufacturing. Either way, I’ll buy this forever because I cannot imagine a better spray for oily skin.
Alexis H.
Haysi, VA
this stuff is amazing! i personally love love love this! i wore this for prom and it kept my makeup on for so long! and it was hot outside and i even got my makeup done that morning and prom was the evening! everyone i know that uses this loves it! it goes really good with the foundation Urban Decay all nighter! i definitely recommend this stuff if you want your makeup staying in one place!😊😊
Anna C.
salinas, CA
This is my absolute favorite setting spray. I have been using this for years. It sets my makeup beautifully & lasts a good amount of time. I don't have to reapply powder in other areas other than my t zone when it gets oily and it keeps it at bay for about 4 hours for me. It dries fast and the spray provides a nice fine even mist. I haven't tried other higher end setting sprays because I love this one so much. I have combination skin and I recommend this product to people with similar skin type!
Kaley C.
Gainesville
I AM OBSESSED WITH THIS SETTING SPRAY! I live in FL so it is always hot outside and my skin gets oily so quickly. This is my new favorite setting spray because it keeps me matte all day and I don't have to worry about my makeup slipping. 10/10 would recommend! The fragrance is not overwhelming and it doesn't feel sticky on the face. I was also pleasantly surprised how much I loved the sprayer because the packaging appeared cheaper than some other sprays I had seen, but it worked beautifully!
Jana M.
Andover, CT
Which is better, this or the skindinavia setting spray?
Courtney
Lakeland, FL
I want this but i am not willing to pay the money before i know if it works good does it work good?
Paige G.
Valley Springs, CA
Is this worth getting??
Mikayla C.
Toronto, ON
For someone with super oily skin, how does this compare to the All Nighter setting spray?
Fatima C.