Add a Photo

By URBAN DECAY
#13 in Setting Spray

A weightless setting spray that helps makeup stay put, controls oil, and deflects surface shine. Oily skin has met its match! De-Slick mists on weightlessly to control oil, deflect surface shine, and keep skin looking beautifully matte. High-tech ingredients help keep foundation, shadow, and blush from smudging, sliding, or fading—so you hardly ever need to touch up. Developed in an exclusive partnership with SKINDINÄVIA, this groundbreaking, clinically tested formula features patented Temperature Control Technology that actually lowers the temperature of your makeup to help it stay put and keep skin looking smooth, but never shiny. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates Unlike similar products on the market that feel sticky or tight on your skin, the sprayer delivers a microfine mist that goes on so light, you’ll hardly feel it—and once you’ve applied it, you won’t even know it’s there. Research results: In a 7-day clinical study of De-Slick: - 100% of participants said De-Slick helped prevent makeup meltdown - Over 90% said their makeup looked less shiny, didn’t slide, and rarely needed to be touched up - 85% said De-Slick is the longest-lasting oil-control product they’ve ever used

Photos (154)
Fahren W.
Fahren W.
Myrtle Beach, SC

I have used the Urban Decay De-Slick oil Control Makeup Setting Spray on myself and others that I have done makeup applications on, and it works like a charm! This would most definitely be one of my go to setting sprays; it really helps to lock on looks/makeup applications, and keep them flawless and vibrant for hours! You can use it before a night out, or a shift at work, or even prom or your big day, your wedding! No matter on a hot day or long night dancing, it works great for many different occasions and helps prevent you from sweating off or smudging your makeup, so you don't have to touch it up, or touch it at all, for hours. It actually uses a really cool ingredient-Temperature Control Technology, which is proven to keep your makeup cool even if you are hot, which helps prevent "makeup meltdown" or melt off! It works great for people of all ages and skin types, and especially those with oily skin that have had to worry about their makeup running or smearing off; they don't have to worry when applying deslick oil Control setting spray! This spray is extremely weightless and not tacky or sticky at all like some other brands! After the initial spray to lock your look on, you don't feel this product on your face at all, even though it's still there working, which is great. I would repurchase this item & most definitely recommend it to others.
Ann L.
Ann L.
Pasadena, CA

The Urban Decay De-Slick Oil Control setting spray was the first setting spray I had tried a few years ago. I have extremely oily skin and was trying to find a way to keep my skin from looking and feeling like an oil slick at the end of the day. I bought the regular-sized bottle from ULTA and thought it was kinda pricey for the size, but if it worked, who cares.

After using up the bottle (which did not take as long as I would have liked), I did see some reduction of oily at the end of the day, but my makeup did wear down a lot, so this product did minor oil control and almost did nothing towards keeping my makeup looking fresh.

I bought the XL size from Hautelook which definitely was a better deal, and after using that one up, started looking into other brands. I have to say, I do like a few other brands better, like the Skindanavia one - even though the UD ones are made from Skindanavia, the formulations may be different, because I get better results from the one directly branded Skindanavia.
Emily K.
Emily K.

OMG THIS IS LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously I do not even know how people live without this stuff in their makeup routine! If I run out I do not even bother doing my makeup because I figure it will be an entire waste of my makeup seeing as it will only last half the day. When you set your face with this it will last until you physically remove it with makeup remover. I recently went to an outdoor concert and it was 80 degrees with 84% humidity. Needless to say I was sweating to death, my hair was a wreck, but my makeup looked FLAWLESS (I knew I would be sweating so I did spray extra that day). Everyone I was with commented on how I didn't even look like I was sweating at all. THIS STUFF IS SERIOUSLY A MIRACLE BUY IT NOW! GO BUY IT RIGHT NOW!
Jennifer W.
Jennifer W.

This is a great setting spray! I have combo dry/oily skin. I am legit 50/50 ideally dry in the am and a grease ball by bed time so to have finely giving in to try a high end brand was a big deal. I'm so happy I did tho! This setting spray is awesome! I get really oily in the summer so I might not need this in the winter when my skin is more dry I'll use the all nighter. I will go back to this one if I need too. Here I am after about 12 hours running errands in 79 degree weather. I don't think I blotted at all and I didn't use a setting powder cause I wanted to see how the spray did on its own. I look dewy but not gross and not nearly as bad as without the spray. I ware glasses so a little wore off on my nose but other then that it was great.
Carrissa F.
Carrissa F.

So this was an impulse grab, standing in the line at Sephora. But I am very glad I grabbed it. I had used the original UD setting spray before (during plays and such), but it was always borrowed from someone else, so I hadn't ever actually looked at the product or read what it was supposed to do. Then when I was in the store, I saw that there were other kinds and I read each of them. Finding the De-slick was a lifesaver. I have combination oily/normal skin with extreme oiliness in my t-zone and nothing could really work to keep my makeup from sliding off my face until I found this. I have the small bottle and use it pretty often and it still hasn't run out after a month and a half (if you use it like the instructions say).
Lilly L.
Lilly L.
Mission, TX

This is an oily girls best friend!!! I seriously cant recommend this enough!! I have very oily skin that no matter what foundation I use my face always ends up being very oily. But if I spray this after Ive applied my makeup I will end up staying oil free. Regardless if I use this with a matte foundation or not it works great. But what I love the most is that this spray doesn't extremely dry out your skin and leave your makeup looking weird or anything. I actually find that this makes my makeup look better and more natural, it helps my powder blend into my foundation. This spray is honestly worth every penny, its my number one holy grail product!! :)
Avani P.
Avani P.

I've heard so many great things about this spray and honestly, I'm used to having my skin reject what works for the majority of others, so I didn't go in with high expectations. This kept me matte for about 2 hours and I don't have extremely oily skin, so the fact that my whole face seemed to just swimming in oil was a shock. I have sensitive acne-prone combination skin and I do have days where I am more on the oily side, but never as bad as this spray made me look. I even tried using a setting powder in conjunction, but it was not much help. My makeup did last longer, so I will admit that, but it wasn't worth the shine I was giving off.
Saneela R.
Saneela R.
Kew Gardens, NY

This setting spray is so gentle and lighweight upon application and does not make my face feel like a bucket of water has been thrown on! I love how it feels on my skin and I love that my makeup does NOT budge. It also ensures I don't get oily. No matter how much I set my makeup with powders, my nose and cheeks gets super oily. This spray is the only product that has helped that from happening. I use it when I have special occasions like weddings or parties to attend where I know that I need my make up to stay on and also avoid sweating from too much movement. Overall, a great product and I will continue buying it!
Katy P.
Katy P.

This is my all-time favorite setting spray!

I have VERY oily skin. If I don't use a wide array of powders and hit certain steps in my makeup routine, my makeup can start to basically melt off (which no one wants). But this stuff is my holy grail. Just a few spritz of this product and I am good to go for hours!! It keeps my skin looking matte for so much longer & lasts really well. But it doesn't just do a good job at keeping my skin matte - it IS a setting spray, so it helps lock in other makeup as well. When someone asks me for advice on choosing a setting spray, I immediately recommend this one. Amazing!!!
Lyndsay N.
Lyndsay N.
Kansas City, MO

My favorite setting spray!

This is my favorite setting spray for a few reasons: it helps to keep my oily skin under control, it makes my makeup last ALL NIGHT during my 13 hour shifts, it feels nice in my skin (not sticky or tacky), it has a fine mist (not giant, makeup-ruining globs), and I think it has a pleasant scent. I know $30 for a spray can feel like a lot, but honestly, this spray is so worth it! I also have a travel size that has a permanent home in my bag. I just keep refilling it! If you're on the fence about this setting spray, just go for it. You won't be let down by this cult favorite mist!!
Jana M.
Jana M.
Andover, CT

Which is better, this or the skindinavia setting spray?
Courtney
Courtney
Lakeland, FL

I want this but i am not willing to pay the money before i know if it works good does it work good?
Paige F.
Paige F.
Valley springs, CA

Is this worth getting??
Mikayla C.
Mikayla C.
Toronto, Ontario

For someone with super oily skin, how does this compare to the All Nighter setting spray?
Fatima C.