BY URBAN DECAY

Banish oil and make your makeup stay put with De-Slick Complexion Primer. This lightweight, oil-absorbing primer not only controls shine, but also helps makeup go on better and last all day.

De-Slick Complexion Primer keeps oil in check even in the most extreme conditions, like when you’re under hot studio lights or in the muggy heat of a New York City summer. Mattify and smooth skin while minimizing the appearance of pores. Our sheer nude formula dries down invisibly, so it’s great for midday touchups on top of makeup too!

This oil-free, paraben-free formula contains a high-tech, mattifying blend of veegum (a natural clay derivative) and silica (which can absorb up to three times its weight in oil!). The result? Beautifully perfected, shine-free skin and tighter pores. De-Slick also contains conditioning ingredients like aloe vera.

In studies of De-Slick Complexion Primer, immediately after use:*

• 100% of participants had a reduction in shine.
  • 100% had a reduction in pore visibility.
  • 100% had smoother-looking skin.
  • 100% had more even-toned skin.

Inspired by our discontinued cult-favorite De-Slick in a Tube, this shine-fighting primer really gets the job done. And a little goes a long way!

An oil-fighting formula this amazing deserves a luxurious component to match. So we created a clear bottle with a metallized gunmetal cap and base. We even equipped the bottle with an airless pump—so it’s easy to get out every last bit of product.

Urban Decay is 100% cruelty-free.

• Aqua / Water

• Urban Decay De-Slick Complexion Primer Is this worth the money? I...2 Answers
  • Reading the reviews I see most people did not like this product. ...2 Answers
  • Ive been looking for a super oil controlling primer. Is this one ...2 Answers
Buy on ULTA
  • "this product does a great job of keeping oil at bay, but it doesn't really apply very well. it feels streaky when you put it it on, but i haven't determined whether this affects my makeup application or not." in 290 reviews
Brianna S.
Lake Worth, FL
I purchased this product a few weeks ago and have been testing it out with the 6 or so foundations I keep in my daily rotation. This product does what it says it does and keeps my extremely oily skin under control for about 6.5 hours before I start getting breakthrough oil. I would rate it a 4.5 because it does what it claims but you have to work to get there. I've found that patting it in and waiting a few minutes before applying foundation with a damp beauty blender has been the best route. This foundation doesn't work too well with my super mattifying foundations (Tarte Shape Tape and Stila Stay All Day were especially awful) but the more natural finish foundations I've used with it (NARS Sheer Glow, Tarte Rainforest of the Sea, Fenty Beauty) gave me a beautiful satin finish that held for my entire work day which is really rare for me. Applying it on the skin gives my face a cooling feeling. I really like this primer so far!
Amby O.
Atlanta, GA
I think your success with this product will depend on what other products you use with this. If you moisturize heavily prior to putting this on you will have some breakthrough oil. But you DO want to moisturize, even if you have oily skin... just don’t overdo it. If you use a watery foundation after using this primer it will look patchy, ashy and weird and may dry down before you even get to blend. A foundation with the consistency of the Fenty PROFILTR for example will be difficult to work with if using this primer. The primer itself has a unique consistency to it, almost sticky and thick, but doesn’t feel that way on your face. I feel like it creates a layer between your face and the foundation, blurring imperfections. I like to moisturize lightly and let that set into my skin, then I’ll put this on then wait a minute or two before going in with my foundation. I have very oily skin and this product keeps me nice and matte
Stephanie P.
I bought this primer the other day I was at Sephora. I've been looking for a primer that has the ability to control oily-skin and large pores. I tried this primer and it feels velvety at first but then sets in a fews seconds later and becomes like a dry tacky. This is perfect for T-zone because thats the area I get the most oily and have pores in. I must say, this product does not work well with certain foundations (Fenty) but it worked well with my everyday foundation (Wet n Wild Photofocus). I think there is a lot of product in this bottle for the price $34 considering I just need a small drop of it. When I used this product with my wet n wild foundation, I did realize I wasn't as oily as I usually get throughout the day. So far, it seems like a great investment!  Urban Decay De-Slick Complexion Primer
Ryanne E.
Aztec, NM
I don’t feel bad for giving this product one star because this primer was absolutely awful for my skin type. I have oily skin so I assumed this would help mattify my skin before using foundation. I couldn’t even use foundation because when I did, there were places that were cakey and creased and it was an overall mess. It was horrible on the nose, it dried to a white powder and just felt awful on my skin.
Sydney M.
Hurlock, MD
I have a love-hate relationship with this primer. On one hand, it does what it says. I use it in my oiliest areas (forehead, nose, chin) and those spots stay oil free and matte for most of my day. On the other hand, if you don’t really really pat it into the skin then it leaves a white residue and a clear line that shows where you put the product and where it ends. It’s also a little pricey but so is most Urban Decay stuff. If you have enough time to work with this product then I recommend, but if you are usually quick with your makeup then I would suggest looking for something else.
lindsey b.
Palmdale, CA
I really enjoy this primer for mattifying my skin. It is a gel consistency and is very similar to Benefit’s gel matte rescue primer. I actually can’t tell much of a difference between the two. I never use this on its own however, I always pair it with my Make Up For Ever oil control primer. I have a very oily t zone and these both really help my makeup last and reduce oilyness.
Abby C.
One of my favorite primers of all time. A sephora employee actually recommended I try this and I LOVE it. My skin is picky with any pore filling or smoothing primers. This primer is great for my skin (I have sensitive and dry to combination skin). It makes my foundation look great on top and my face will like smooth no matter what foundation I put on top.
Dakota S.
I Hate This primer with a passion. From what it explained/ said it was supposed to do I thought it would be my holy grail primer. When you put it on it dries so quickly and it extremely heavy on the face. When it dries it flakes off and didn’t kept the oil from my face it created more. This primer is HORRIBLE and I will never use it again
James Z.
Marshfield
I love urban decay’s eyeshadow potions and their other primers, but they really missed with this one. It comes out of the tube with a gooey lumpy feel and creates an extremely oily and slippery surface on my skin. It basically does the exact opposite of everything it says. Some people like it, so it might just be my dry skin.
Taylor C.
Aiken, SC
I really like this product, but i have a few complaints, as a person who doesn’t use the except same products daily, this product barely lasted me. I have a whole tube that I can use because it literally dried up...... I’m disappointed because it happened within a week. I️ really like the product for the few times I got to use it. It fills your pores, has a matte finish, leaves your skin feeling so soft and smooth & doesn’t dry you out. The only problem I️ have with it is when you she slightest bit too much, it would build up white residue and your foundation will cling to it.
Caitlen C.
Is this for oily skin? Or for dry skin?
Laura L.
Charlotte
Has anyone tried this primer yet? Pricy and wanting to see if it compares to any others on the market?
Claire B.
cairns
Urban decay has brought out a few of these primers and they all seem amazing! It seems each individual fixes one problem that I need (if only we could mix them all together!) Which one is best for both a blurring effect and pore minimising?
Abbyj T.
Keene, NH
How well does this work on combination skin? I have very oily skin in my t zone, but then other areas are very dry.
Lindsay C.
Northport, AL
Does this make foundation cling to to the primer and hard to blend? I tried the makeup forever mattifying primer and my foundation clung to it like crazy and would not blend!