BY URBAN DECAY

Buy now on ULTA
and get 2.5% CASH BACK with
powered by

Banish oil and make your makeup stay put with De-Slick Complexion Primer. This lightweight, oil-absorbing primer not only controls shine, but also helps makeup go on better and last all day.

De-Slick Complexion Primer keeps oil in check even in the most extreme conditions, like when you’re under hot studio lights or in the muggy heat of a New York City summer. Mattify and smooth skin while minimizing the appearance of pores. Our sheer nude formula dries down invisibly, so it’s great for midday touchups on top of makeup too!

This oil-free, paraben-free formula contains a high-tech, mattifying blend of veegum (a natural clay derivative) and silica (which can absorb up to three times its weight in oil!). The result? Beautifully perfected, shine-free skin and tighter pores. De-Slick also contains conditioning ingredients like aloe vera.

In studies of De-Slick Complexion Primer, immediately after use:*

• 100% of participants had a reduction in shine.
  • 100% had a reduction in pore visibility.
  • 100% had smoother-looking skin.
  • 100% had more even-toned skin.

Inspired by our discontinued cult-favorite De-Slick in a Tube, this shine-fighting primer really gets the job done. And a little goes a long way!

An oil-fighting formula this amazing deserves a luxurious component to match. So we created a clear bottle with a metallized gunmetal cap and base. We even equipped the bottle with an airless pump—so it’s easy to get out every last bit of product.

Urban Decay is 100% cruelty-free.

• Aqua / Water

• Urban Decay De-Slick Complexion Primer Is this worth the ...2 Answers
  • Reading the reviews I see most people did not like this p...2 Answers
  • Ive been looking for a super oil controlling primer. Is t...2 Answers
Buy on ULTA*
  • "this product does a great job of keeping oil at bay, but it doesn't really apply very well. it feels streaky when you put it it on, but i haven't determined whether this affects my makeup application or not." in 290 reviews
Holly B.
Tolar
When I say this stuff “de-slicks” your face, it REALLY does. Don’t get me wrong, I love it and it really helps my oily skin, but when you first apply it, your face feels dryer than a desert. But as soon as you apply your foundations and powders afterwards it starts to feel normal again ! It makes my foundation last all night and keep my skin from looking oily and my friends have noticed it too ! It’s a little pricey for how much product you get but all in all it’s a great product. I might try finding a dupe for it though because I can’t justify spending $30 on a primer again.
Brianna S.
Lake Worth, FL
I purchased this product a few weeks ago and have been testing it out with the 6 or so foundations I keep in my daily rotation. This product does what it says it does and keeps my extremely oily skin under control for about 6.5 hours before I start getting breakthrough oil. I would rate it a 4.5 because it does what it claims but you have to work to get there. I've found that patting it in and waiting a few minutes before applying foundation with a damp beauty blender has been the best route. This foundation doesn't work too well with my super mattifying foundations (Tarte Shape Tape and Stila Stay All Day were especially awful) but the more natural finish foundations I've used with it (NARS Sheer Glow, Tarte Rainforest of the Sea, Fenty Beauty) gave me a beautiful satin finish that held for my entire work day which is really rare for me. Applying it on the skin gives my face a cooling feeling. I really like this primer so far!
Amby O.
Atlanta, GA
I think your success with this product will depend on what other products you use with this. If you moisturize heavily prior to putting this on you will have some breakthrough oil. But you DO want to moisturize, even if you have oily skin... just don’t overdo it. If you use a watery foundation after using this primer it will look patchy, ashy and weird and may dry down before you even get to blend. A foundation with the consistency of the Fenty PROFILTR for example will be difficult to work with if using this primer. The primer itself has a unique consistency to it, almost sticky and thick, but doesn’t feel that way on your face. I feel like it creates a layer between your face and the foundation, blurring imperfections. I like to moisturize lightly and let that set into my skin, then I’ll put this on then wait a minute or two before going in with my foundation. I have very oily skin and this product keeps me nice and matte
Kat A.
Long Island, NY
I did not like this primer. It was so tight upon application and I felt like it was pulling at my face. It completely dehydrated my face and left a white cast on my skin that was peeling off and didn’t give me the ability to glide on my foundation smoothly. Maybe for someone extremely oily this would work for but I’m combo and this did not work for me. I’m not sure if the de-slick setting spray is similar but I just stay away from both now. Urban Decay De-Slick Complexion Primer
Samantha M.
Walhalla, SC
Want a primer to keep your face on? Even during the heat of the summer when the rest of you is melting away? Look no farther. This primer paired with the LancĂ´me double wear, your face will wake up looking the same exact way it did before you went out the night before!! So while the rest of your girls are doing the walk of shame with mascara smeared all over their face, have no fear girl. You still look on fleek like you just got ready! Go get you some breakfast with your fly self!!
mckenna s.
St. Petersburg
This is the primer I wear every single day. I live in Florida where it is miserably humid and I have terribly oily skin. This primer is very mattifying and great with keeping my makeup on all day. I will say if you don’t blend this primer in enough, it will leave patches on your skin and make your foundation hard to blend. However if you blend this product in too harshly it will begin to pill. When using this primer just blend it in just right and you’ll be set!
Hannah P.
berea, KY
So i just started using this primer recently (mostly to hold off on purchasing a replacement Fenty primer lol) And I do like it but I’ve for me it takes some working with. As soon as I put it on it feels like it’s just caked on and it’s hard for me to blend my foundation like I normally do. I have to work more quickly. Which isn’t necessarily the worst thing but just out of the norm for me. And in the picture posted it looks fine, but you can see some creasing in my smile lines. But it definitely serves it’s purpose. My skin goes all day and never feels oily or slick. (And as a hairdresser that’s definitely a plus since I’m constantly moving and on my feet.) I definitely recommend this if you have issues with oily skin and your foundation tends to move through the day.
Alexis R.
I’m very oily and this keeps my face matte for most of the day. You only need about half a pump, as a little bit goes on long. Smooth it over your oily spots. Don’t rub it in because it will peel. If you have dry spots, this isn’t for you because it will make those areas worse and it’ll still show under your foundation. I knocked one star off because the product tends to dry in the spout. So sometimes it’s hard to get the product out or it’ll squirt everywhere.
Stephanie P.
I bought this primer the other day I was at Sephora. I've been looking for a primer that has the ability to control oily-skin and large pores. I tried this primer and it feels velvety at first but then sets in a fews seconds later and becomes like a dry tacky. This is perfect for T-zone because thats the area I get the most oily and have pores in. I must say, this product does not work well with certain foundations (Fenty) but it worked well with my everyday foundation (Wet n Wild Photofocus). I think there is a lot of product in this bottle for the price $34 considering I just need a small drop of it. When I used this product with my wet n wild foundation, I did realize I wasn't as oily as I usually get throughout the day. So far, it seems like a great investment!  Urban Decay De-Slick Complexion Primer
Sydney M.
hurlock, MD
I have a love-hate relationship with this primer. On one hand, it does what it says. I use it in my oiliest areas (forehead, nose, chin) and those spots stay oil free and matte for most of my day. On the other hand, if you don’t really really pat it into the skin then it leaves a white residue and a clear line that shows where you put the product and where it ends. It’s also a little pricey but so is most Urban Decay stuff. If you have enough time to work with this product then I recommend, but if you are usually quick with your makeup then I would suggest looking for something else.
Caitlen C.
Is this for oily skin? Or for dry skin?
Laura L.
Charlotte
Has anyone tried this primer yet? Pricy and wanting to see if it compares to any others on the market?
Abbyj T.
Keene, NH
How well does this work on combination skin? I have very oily skin in my t zone, but then other areas are very dry.
Claire B.
cairns
Urban decay has brought out a few of these primers and they all seem amazing! It seems each individual fixes one problem that I need (if only we could mix them all together!) Which one is best for both a blurring effect and pore minimising?
Lindsay C.
Northport, AL
Does this make foundation cling to to the primer and hard to blend? I tried the makeup forever mattifying primer and my foundation clung to it like crazy and would not blend!

back