BY URBAN DECAY #21 in Makeup Palettes

A go-anywhere, do-anything eyeshadow and face palette inspired by Backtalk, Urban Decay's bestselling, cult-favorite Vice Lipstick shade. Like two palettes in one, this travel-ready case holds eight nude-mauve, soft berry, and muted rose eyeshadow shades on one side and four coordinating shades of blush and highlighter on the other. This trend has never been hotter, and these shades are made to be flattering on all skin tones. Feeling pretty in pink? Add 3 Sheets, a satin pinky peach shade, to lids, while highlighting cheekbones with the crazy-shimmery highlighter, Party Foul. Or, get deep-blending Shade, a fuchsia satin, into the crease, and finish off your look with Cheap Shot, a medium pink-nude highlighter. No matter the vibe, Backtalk has your eyes and cheeks speaking volumes so you can show your unstoppable femme power. Backtalk Palette takes no prisoners, and fits 12 gorgeous pigments into one sleek palette. A double-sided, removable mirror acts as a divider between the eyeshadow shades and the blush and highlighter shades. These shadows are just as advanced as their packaging: Every shade features UD's proprietary Pigment Infusion System™ for velvety pigments that blend easily, stay rich, and last for hours. This set contains:- 8 x Eyeshadows in 3 Sheets (pale pink-nude matte), Bare (light pinky-peach satin), Curve (metallic rose shimmer with silver micro-glitter), Backtalk (soft rosy mauve matte), Shade (deep fuchsia satin), Attitude (metallic red-copper), WTF (reddish brown matte), 180 (metallic brown-red)- 4 x Blush/Hightlighter in Cheap Shot (medium pink-nude), Double Take (rich mauve with slight shimmer), Low Key (pink-peach), Party Foul (light pink-nude shimmer) It is formulated Without: - Parabens Urban Decay is 100 percent cruelty-free.

• This pallet is cruelty free! Doesn’t that make you happy?!4 Answers
  • Wow blush, highlighter, and eyeshadow all in one travel s...1 Answers
  • Really wana get this palette but heard awful things about...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Alyssa W.
Baltimore
I had seen some reviews about this palette having bad pigment. They stopped me from buying the palette at first... but after seeing a review from someone I trust on youtube, and seeing the colors so stunning on her, I just had to get this palette.
This palette is great for me for traveling. I travel really light, and I only bring a palette or two with me. Having a palette that includes blushes and highlights is a total score.
I’ve created a few eye looks with this palette (I’m not amazing at makeup so I don’t have pictures to share, sorry!), and I’ve liked each one. This palette is a good fit for me because you can easily do more work-appropriate eye looks, but you can also go for more impact with the dark browns in the palette.
I do use the blushes on my eyes sometimes, since it adds more variety to the palette. I love using the blushes on my cheeks, too. I do enjoy having a lot of blush, but you could use a lighter hand and just get a wash of color, too.
Low Key is aptly named, as it is not very pigmented, but I don’t typically do pink highlights. I enjoy Party Foul (the lighter highlight) quite a bit, though. Again, you could do a subtle look or you can pile the highlight on.
I think this palette is quite versatile. Sure, the shades are buildable, and the pigment won’t smack you in the face, but in my book that’s typically a plus.
I’m also a sucker for purple/pink shadows, so this was right up my alley.

I’d recommend it if you’re in the market for something like this.
Alex S.
I was very surprised, but delighted UD decided to create a palette that was “all theirs”. Lately we have seen a lot of collab/pop culture palettes so this was refreshing!

With it being modeled around their lipstick Backtalk, I think that the color scheme is perfect. The nudey mauves and the dusty pinks are very flattering. Because I am fair skinned, I am unsure if some of the colors of the palette would look ashy on darker skin tones.

The shadows themselves are more dusty than other Urban Decay palettes/single shadows I own. Perhaps there was a formula change? While some of the shadows are completely fine, I felt as though a few of the lighter matte shades looked chalky and left more to be desired regarding pigmentation.

I was thoroughly satisfied with the blushes though. I personally like a blush that you need to build a little. I struggle with applying too much face makeup so this is how I like my blushes.

In terms of the packaging, I can see where Urban Decay is headed. Their look for their non-collab, non-pop culture palettes are currently leaning towards filtered photography, metallic foil-like print, and abstract but pretty patterns. I like it and think it still holds the “edge” that they are so known for.

What is unusual for this palette is the removable mirror! I think that this is a great way to test if this is the newest innovation in makeup palettes. I have heard mixed reviews, but I think the removal mirror would be optimal for traveling!

Overall, this is a great palette installment to sort of test the waters. UD seems to be heading in a new direction and I am curious to see where it takes them. The Backtalk palette is perfect for traveling with eyeshadows, blushes, and a good sized mirror. The only fault would be the pigmentation on some of the shadows. Try swatching one in store and see how you like it! I hope this helps! 🤞🏻
Angela C.
I've always loved UD's eyeshadows; they're pigmented, soft, and easily blendable. These aren't too soft in the pan where it breaks apart when you stick your finger in to swatch it, but it's just the right texture so that it's still pigmented yet doesn't fall apart everywhere. The quality itself is amazing as always, but I did feel like there was lacking more matte transition shades in the palette. There are only two matte eyeshadows, and since I personally rely on them to deepen the crease, I had minimal options. I wish 180 (the deepest shade) should have been a matte formula to add into the crease or outer third of the eyelid to add more depth. When applied, there isn't any fallout onto the face which is a huge plus so there's no mess.
Whylde_Mamma A.
Helena
I honestly do not understand the bad reviews that this is gotten all over YouTube. This is a beautiful palette the Shadows are great the face products or even better. It's just amazing pallet you're missing out if you don't get it I love that the mirror comes out of it in that you can hold it and use it and you don't have to hold the whole pallet just a mirror it's great great Concept in the packaging I just love it and you will too if you get it. Urban Decay Backtalk Eye & Face Palette
Carla H.
Hazard, KY
This Backtalk eyeshadow and face palette is so gorgeous. The shadows are creamy and the blushes and highlighters are also creamy. I’ve seen some bad reviews on this palette but noticed it was Reviews from beauties with a certain skin tone like pale to fair tones. I have to be honest some of the lighter shades most likely would not show up on a pale or fair skin tone because they are so light but the darker shades would be great. I would still recommend this palette to anyone who loves urban decay and backtalk shade in Vice Lipstick that inspired this palette. I love this palette!
Kassie O.
Haslet
Urban Decay Backtalk Eye & Face Palette I loved this product definitely worth the 46$ if you want an all around face and eye product. The eyeshadows has amazing pigment to them (3 mattes 5 shimmers). The highlight was BLINDING!! And the blush had just enough pigment to look stunning on any type of skin color. I loved the packaging on how compact it was. Overall this product is technically a mixture of the Huda Beauty Desert Dusk Eyeshadow Palette, Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Palette, and the Anastasia Beverly Hills Aurora Glow Kit So rating 5/5 for sure!!
Sarah R.
It’s a beautiful quality palette and the detachable mirror makes the packaging really unique. However it’s not as pigmented as you might assume from the pan colors. It’s a very soft and romantic palette versus something very bold. I think that was a good choice because this palette is very wearable. Honestly you can wear it to work and not look too out there.
Nicki L.
Philadelphia, PA
This palette is my ideal palette, because it has eyeshadow, blush and highlight in ONE palette, and a detachable mirror. This is honestly such a great palette for travelling or just to take around with you, because a lot of what you need is in one palette and you can keep your stuff compact. Aside from it being a super convenient packaging, the colors are so freaking pretty! It has all the nice pinks and nudes you need to create so many different looks. SO obsessed with this palette!
Kimberly K.
Carlisle, PA
I don't know why this palette is getting such a bad rep. I love the pack. I like that it lays flat when you take the mirror out. I like that it it has blush/highlights on one side and eyeshadow on the other and ask if the colors compliment each other. The eyeshadows blended really well i think they're on par with the quality of other UD palettes. I heard a lot of complaints about the quality of the shimmers but i had no problems with them. Would recommend.
HaleyKristen K.
Monroe
This palette, I’m in love with it! The blush and highlighter duo look BRILLIANT together!! The eyeshadow lasted all day too. Plus the removable mirror in my opinion is just so convenient! I would 100% buy again. The quality and pigmentation is A HIT!! I know this palette will last, I only have to dip in once or twice to coat my brush with product!
Erica S.
Humble, TX
This looks pretty does anybody have it yet?
Kristen W.
Oklahoma City
This pallet is cruelty free! Doesn’t that make you happy?!
Megan W.
How is the pigmentation with this palette? Worth the price?
Sara Z.
Gatineau, QC
Anybody purshased this palette? What's your review? It looks so beautiful.
Mandy A.
Clearwater
I’m dying to buy this product!!! Backtalk is my absolute favorite UD shade but I heard these shadows have very little pigment. Thoughts?