BY URBAN DECAY #30 in Liquid Foundation

Got plans to reunite with your hot ex over late-night cocktails? Make sure your makeup has as much stamina as your date. Introducing All Nighter Liquid Foundation—makeup that stays up. It’s the ultimate foundation for a flawless-looking complexion that won’t quit.

All Nighter Liquid Foundation provides full coverage with a modern matte finish that never looks overdone. Get serious long-lasting wear and a blown-out effect you never thought was possible. Perfect for all-night affairs and other scandalous activities, our revolutionary formula is also comfortable enough to wear every day.

While Naked Skin complexion products are demi-matte, All Nighter Liquid Foundation is completely matte—but never flat (and it’s oil-free!). We loaded this formula with an insane amount of pigment (about three times as much as Naked Skin Liquid Makeup), so a little goes a long way. There’s no need to build coverage or apply multiple layers. This waterproof, paraben-free formula diffuses light to blur flaws for beautifully perfected skin as it mattifies and absorbs oil to reduce the appearance of shine.

With a wide range of meticulously calibrated shades that align with our existing Naked Skin Liquid Makeup shades, it’s easy to find your perfect match.

All Nighter Liquid Foundation comes in a sleek, edgy bottle that has a luxurious, highly metallized gunmetal effect with asymmetric cutouts. As cool as it looks, it’s also practical; the shade is clearly visible, but the bottle never looks messy. It’s also equipped with an airless pump—so it’s easy to get out every last bit of product.

Urban Decay is 100% cruelty-free.

• Cyclopentasiloxane
  • Dimethicone Crosspolymer-3
  • Propylene Carbonate
  • Tocopherol

All Shades May Contain:

• CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)
  • CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides)

• What do you think of it?is it good & is it full cover...7 Answers
  • I love Urban Decay's Naked Skin foundation, how does this...2 Answers
  • I hear both really great and really negative reviews on t...30 Answers
Bee H.
Arlington
Review for: 2.0 (fair w/soft warm undertone) more...
I bought this about a year ago right when it launched due to high demand after PR people raved about though. Yeah, I'm way past the expiration, I just didn't use it often. Anyways, I felt so stupid, I'm not sure how I fell for it already knowing it was matte. Every time I wore it, my skin looked cakey, powdery, it creased around lines and if I didn't exfoliate, the foundation would looked flaky around my driest areas, which I hate cause my skin routine has to be quite low maintenance as it's easily irritable.

*MUST READ IF THIS FOUNDATION FAILS FOR YOU*
The break through for this foundation??
All I did one day was apply a little too much facial oil without letting it absorb before starting with makeup, and while applying this it looked sooo nice, like in regards to flaking and creasing. Apply a thin amount of facial oil, but not so little to where it gets absorbed quickly. Or just mix the tiniest drop with the foundation, then apply like so. I also switched to a  Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge and used the Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray which helped.
I have to emphasize that it still dried down too matte for my taste, personally I can't fully love matte foundation as it easily resembles my dry skin type. It's also not "skin-like", so if you like the super full coverage, powdered look then this is for you. I don't hate it but it's not me. You also still need maybe a full pump or 2, with this foundation it dries down quite fast so I like to apply it all on the first go rather than apply it in layers. Though if you have bad coloration or acne, you will still need concealer.

BUT these cons still remain!!
It was NOT water proof. It left streaks every time I cried or when my face would accidentally get splashed. And if you sweat it does break a apart and look cakey again.
I have really weird, olive, neutral undertones, and I say weird cause you olive girls know the struggle when it comes to matching. It does oxidize, but only when drying, not throughout the day. Still wished I picked up the shade or two lighter. Eventually I mixed it with wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation  in shell ivory (pink/neutral undertones) and it helped a lot. So maybe go a full shade up, and if you have very neutral, or pink undertones then obviously go for one of those neutral-pink shades.
Also, it smooths skin but your pores are still apparent, and mine aren't even that bad. Use a pore-filling or smoothing primer.

Overall, it applies and stays quite smooth, nice coverage, love the pump/packaging, the color range or longevity/wear power isn't too wack. It's just a matter of maybe getting a couple samples and also depends on your daily activities and skin type, other wise it can easily be a fail. You'll have to find something to mix it with and use in conjunction with other products like I did.

Sorry for the lengthy review, but it's $40 of hard earned money. I don't think people should hate it but it's not very versatile.
Pooja P.
Review for: 7.5 (medium-dark w/subtle pink undertone) more...
I use this foundation as an everyday wear and frankly I have relatively no problem with it. The only reason I gave a 4 star review is because throughout the day this foundation really oxidizes, it looks nice when it’s freshly applied but throughout the day it becomes slightly darker so keep that in mind while purchasing. I use the 7.5 shade and I pair it with NARS concealer and it works well for my acne prone skin. This foundation doesn’t make me breakout and it stays on well through the whole day and night. I just have to retouch it a little before going out but apart from that it’s perfect. I have combination skin and this foundation is very matte so if you prefer a dewy look which I personally do then this is not the foundation for you but if you have oily skin then I would definitely recommend this brand it will do wonders for you. I apply a dewy finish spray at the end to add a little shine to my face. Overall I would definitely recommend purchasing this product if you need a full coverage application because you have a few acne scars you don’t want anyone to see or if your skin is oily and you really want a matte finish then this is the foundation for you!! I’ll say this again, please keep in mind this foundation does oxidize so buy a shade lighter if it still matches your skin.
Jessica B.
Dale City, VA
Review for: 6 more...
While this foundation has it's hickups, I do really like it. Let me tell you... I had to WORK to learn how to use this properly because it is NOT like your average foundation. This foundation is MATTE it is FULL COVERAGE and you have to be careful with it!

Long story short, I bought this for a wedding that I wanted to remain matte for (I have combo skin very oily t-zone) and I also wanted to be completely airbrushed. I had heard so many good things about this foundation other than how it oxidizes so I decided to try it because I LOVE UD. The first time I wore it, I got SO MANY compliments from my family asking if I had my face professionally done.. GIRL! Yes, from far away it looked amazing but up close it looked TERRIBLE! My face looked old and cakey.. the makeup was so heavy. I also had used like 2 pumps of foundation.. you do not need that much!!! My point it even when it looked terrible up close, it still looked good from far away. But no one wants that.. I wanted it to look good from any angle.

My problem area was around my mouth and on my nose.. it looked so old and discolored and just AWFUL. So, how did I fix the problem.. Step 1, you must hydrate your skin REALLY WELL. Yes, I have oily t-zone areas but adding mattifying primer under this foundation was a no go for me. It made me too dry. Instead, I applied a facial oil to the areas that were looking old and crusty and my issue was immediately solved. I like application best with a beauty sponge because it allows me to perfect as I go without having to go back later (this stuff sets a little quickly). Also, I do not set this with powder except where I have applied concealer. These steps made this foundation look amazing up close and far away. Also, my liquid and powder products blended perfectly on top.

Quick thing to remember, even while my skin looked amazing after these steps, it did settle into my smile lines eventually! This doesn't bother me because every foundation does and I smile ALOT so it's expected for me. But if this bothers you or you have a lot of lines on your face, be warned.
Olivia M.
Minden, LA
Review for: 3.25 more...
I bought Urban Decay All Nighter because I was on the hunt for a new full coverage foundation.  I watched so many Youtube videos of beauty gurus using this and it looked so pretty on all of their skin.  I went to Ulta because I did hear the shade selection was hard to choose from, and I agree.  I went with shade 3.5.  I am fair with golden/olive undertones.  I found that this foundation shade turned so yellow throughout the day that I almost looked sickly in photos; however, I thought the color looked fine in person.  It also caked up really bad.  I tried using it with and without primers, lighter coverage vs. full coverage, and with different powders.  Nothing really worked for me.  I did keep the bottle and have used almost all of it, but I only wear it when I need full coverage for just a few hours.  This foundation didn't work well for my skin for all day wear.  I would recommend getting a sample of this first from Sephora before you purchase.
Kathryn P.
Review for: 3.5 more...
I just simply moisturized, no primers or concealers, and used a flat top foundation brush for application. Right off the bat, the color in the bottle is different in comparison to the pump of the product. Claiming to be a full coverage foundation, I found that the formula was a little on the thin side in consistency and slightly runny. I personally needed to use 4 pumps to achieve the full coverage finish. It applied streaky using the brush so I switched to a beauty blender. While using the beauty blender, I noticed that the foundation was just sitting on top of my skin. When I went further to blend it, the foundation completely moved and came off. It was very difficult to get an even, full coverage.
Immediately after applying, the product started to oxidize or some would say "dry down." Within 3hrs of wear, the foundation became shades darker and more orange than my skin tone. It looked extremely dry, flakey and settled into every line. I could also feel how dry the product was on my skin when I made any kind of facial expression.
I continued to wear this foundation to really test it's longevity and stayed with it for 13hrs. It was rather uncomfortable throughout the day. The coverage completely faded and was uneven. Some areas of my skin were darker than others.
Claiming to be a waterproof foundation, I splashed water on my face, as if I were to wash it, then dabbed my face dry with a paper towel. Almost all of the foundation came off. It was like a powder and you could see the streams of water going down my face.
Overall I didn't find this foundation to be full coverage, long lasting or waterproof for me.

Instagram: @Permiasorella
💋Cara S.
I am getting up there in age and can sometimes suffer with major skin problems, not to mention the fact that I have extremely dry (I'm talking Sahara desert dry)/combo (t-zone) skin. Even so, this is a product that I can not live without! It is absolutely full coverage without feeling like it and this is the longest wearing foundation that I have ever used. With that being said, there are a couple of things that I wish I had known before purchasing this amazing product, to save myself time and hassle at the beginning. The first thing that I wish I had known was that the color does dry down darker than the color it appears to be in the bottle and when first applied. Try it out in the store and wait a minute or two when selecting your perfect match. Two, this foundation does NOT work well with certain primers. For instance, when I tried with Smashbox, it was awful, my foundation completely lifted in spots. However, I did not give up and tried with other primers and found plenty of primers that DO work very well with this foundation! Benefit's Porefessional & PUR Cosmetics correcting primer, are just a couple of primers that work amazingly well! Once I figured out my true match and which products are best used with this foundation, I truly can not live without it and it has definitely become a holy grail product for me! Good luck! Oh and for reference I am 38 years old and wear shade 7.0!
Adrienne S.
Review for: 3.25 more...
This is my newfound holy grail foundation!!! It's really full coverage, but comfortable enough for me to wear every single day without it getting cakey or feeling heavy. I have a lot of bumps and redness on my face and this is the only foundation I've found that really does a good job of covering that up while still looking (somewhat) natural. I also have pretty light/fair skin and I wear the shade 3.25, so I feel like even really fair skinned people will be able to find a shade that works for them! The only somewhat-downside to this product is that it definitely does oxidize, but as long as you plan for that ahead of time and get a shade or two lighter than your skin tone, you should be fine. Overall, I highly, highly recommend this foundation!!
Paige C.
Ferguson, MO
Review for: 1.0 (fair bisque w/soft warm undertone) more...
I got my UD all nighter foundation from Ulta, the sales associate helped shade match me. I’m right in the middle of shade 0.5 which is a touch too pink & shade 1.0 which is a touch too yellow, but I chose 1.0 to take home. The coverage is incredible. I use one pump for everyday makeup which gives me enough coverage to cover my redness & on more glam days/night I use two pumps to give me full, full coverage. It’s not a key, very skin like. But I do have to use a very hydrating primer before hand, without it you can see any possible dry spots in my skin. However the foundation itself is not too drying to my skin, it is the perfect matte formula. I would give 5 stars, however, not having a good neutral shade is irritating for my fare skin.
Brennan L.
Madison, MS
Review for: 1.0 (fair bisque w/soft warm undertone) more...
I got color matched for this foundation at Ulta and I bought the shade 1.0. I have fair-light oily skin with freckles and some blemishes here and there. I love a true full coverage foundation to hide all of my imperfections and this one does it beautifully. It is completely full coverage and keeps me matte all day. It also makes my skin look really smooth and I get compliments on how flawless my skin looks even when I have zits! I’ve noticed that this color is a little too warm for me so I recently repurchased in the shade 0.5 and am waiting for it to arrive. This is definitely my holy grail foundation and I will continue to repurchase it.
member-faee4
Review for: 1.0 (fair bisque w/soft warm undertone) more...
So I bought the urban decay all nighter water proof longwear liquid foundation a few months ago, and I will say it is FULL coverage! My skin is very light and I have red spots on my cheeks that this makeup fully covers! I have the shade 1.0 (very light I know) but it is perfect for my skin tone! The makeup is long lasting, but after a few hours my face does not look as smooth. It looks flakey. I touch up with a brush maybe once during the day and it helps. I usually use one pump for my whole face, and then I barely squeeze the pump down for a small portion to put under my eyes to brighten them a little more. I only use a shimmer powder lightly on my cheeks and forehead and then apply blush to my cheeks and I'm good to go! Overall this is the best makeup I have ever bought and it has lasted me longer than my other foundations and I still am using the same bottle, but I rate it a 4 just because of the flakey look I sometimes get after hours of wear. Try this product out for yourself, it's worth it!
Nicole H.
Dekalb, IL
I hear both really great and really negative reviews on this product. I have somewhat oily skin, am looking for long lasting, non cakey foundation. Is this something that would work for me?
Desiree C.
Toledo, OH
Is this a good foundation for dry skin?
Yanelys V.
Jacksonville, FL
Do you recommend for oily skin?
Chelsea C.
I got this foundation and I loved the way it looked when I first put it on, but I found that it transfers very easily. By the end of the day I had no foundation in some areas on my face. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution to it?
Katelyn S.
Does this crease up in expression lines at all?