BY URBAN DECAY #27 in Liquid Foundation

Buy now on Sephora
and get 4.0% CASH BACK with
powered by

Got plans to reunite with your hot ex over late-night cocktails? Make sure your makeup has as much stamina as your date. Introducing All Nighter Liquid Foundation—makeup that stays up. It’s the ultimate foundation for a flawless-looking complexion that won’t quit.

All Nighter Liquid Foundation provides full coverage with a modern matte finish that never looks overdone. Get serious long-lasting wear and a blown-out effect you never thought was possible. Perfect for all-night affairs and other scandalous activities, our revolutionary formula is also comfortable enough to wear every day.

While Naked Skin complexion products are demi-matte, All Nighter Liquid Foundation is completely matte—but never flat (and it’s oil-free!). We loaded this formula with an insane amount of pigment (about three times as much as Naked Skin Liquid Makeup), so a little goes a long way. There’s no need to build coverage or apply multiple layers. This waterproof, paraben-free formula diffuses light to blur flaws for beautifully perfected skin as it mattifies and absorbs oil to reduce the appearance of shine.

With a wide range of meticulously calibrated shades that align with our existing Naked Skin Liquid Makeup shades, it’s easy to find your perfect match.

All Nighter Liquid Foundation comes in a sleek, edgy bottle that has a luxurious, highly metallized gunmetal effect with asymmetric cutouts. As cool as it looks, it’s also practical; the shade is clearly visible, but the bottle never looks messy. It’s also equipped with an airless pump—so it’s easy to get out every last bit of product.

Urban Decay is 100% cruelty-free.

• Cyclopentasiloxane
  • Dimethicone Crosspolymer-3
  • Propylene Carbonate
  • Tocopherol

All Shades May Contain:

• CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)
  • CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides)

• What do you think of it?is it good & is it full cover...9 Answers
  • I love Urban Decay's Naked Skin foundation, how does this...3 Answers
  • I hear both really great and really negative reviews on t...31 Answers
Bee H.
Arlington
Review for: 2.0 (fair w/soft warm undertone) more...
I bought this about a year ago right when it launched due to high demand after PR people raved about though. Yeah, I'm way past the expiration, I just didn't use it often. Anyways, I felt so stupid, I'm not sure how I fell for it already knowing it was matte. Every time I wore it, my skin looked cakey, powdery, it creased around lines and if I didn't exfoliate, the foundation would looked flaky around my driest areas, which I hate cause my skin routine has to be quite low maintenance as it's easily irritable.

*MUST READ IF THIS FOUNDATION FAILS FOR YOU*
The break through for this foundation??
All I did one day was apply a little too much facial oil without letting it absorb before starting with makeup, and while applying this it looked sooo nice, like in regards to flaking and creasing. Apply a thin amount of facial oil, but not so little to where it gets absorbed quickly. Or just mix the tiniest drop with the foundation, then apply like so. I also switched to a  Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge and used the Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray which helped.
I have to emphasize that it still dried down too matte for my taste, personally I can't fully love matte foundation as it easily resembles my dry skin type. It's also not "skin-like", so if you like the super full coverage, powdered look then this is for you. I don't hate it but it's not me. You also still need maybe a full pump or 2, with this foundation it dries down quite fast so I like to apply it all on the first go rather than apply it in layers. Though if you have bad coloration or acne, you will still need concealer.

BUT these cons still remain!!
It was NOT water proof. It left streaks every time I cried or when my face would accidentally get splashed. And if you sweat it does break a apart and look cakey again.
I have really weird, olive, neutral undertones, and I say weird cause you olive girls know the struggle when it comes to matching. It does oxidize, but only when drying, not throughout the day. Still wished I picked up the shade or two lighter. Eventually I mixed it with wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation  in shell ivory (pink/neutral undertones) and it helped a lot. So maybe go a full shade up, and if you have very neutral, or pink undertones then obviously go for one of those neutral-pink shades.
Also, it smooths skin but your pores are still apparent, and mine aren't even that bad. Use a pore-filling or smoothing primer.

Overall, it applies and stays quite smooth, nice coverage, love the pump/packaging, the color range or longevity/wear power isn't too wack. It's just a matter of maybe getting a couple samples and also depends on your daily activities and skin type, other wise it can easily be a fail. You'll have to find something to mix it with and use in conjunction with other products like I did.

Sorry for the lengthy review, but it's $40 of hard earned money. I don't think people should hate it but it's not very versatile.
Pooja P.
Review for: 7.5 (medium-dark w/subtle pink undertone) more...
I use this foundation as an everyday wear and frankly I have relatively no problem with it. The only reason I gave a 4 star review is because throughout the day this foundation really oxidizes, it looks nice when it’s freshly applied but throughout the day it becomes slightly darker so keep that in mind while purchasing. I use the 7.5 shade and I pair it with NARS concealer and it works well for my acne prone skin. This foundation doesn’t make me breakout and it stays on well through the whole day and night. I just have to retouch it a little before going out but apart from that it’s perfect. I have combination skin and this foundation is very matte so if you prefer a dewy look which I personally do then this is not the foundation for you but if you have oily skin then I would definitely recommend this brand it will do wonders for you. I apply a dewy finish spray at the end to add a little shine to my face. Overall I would definitely recommend purchasing this product if you need a full coverage application because you have a few acne scars you don’t want anyone to see or if your skin is oily and you really want a matte finish then this is the foundation for you!! I’ll say this again, please keep in mind this foundation does oxidize so buy a shade lighter if it still matches your skin.
Jessica B.
Dale City, VA
Review for: 6 more...
While this foundation has it's hickups, I do really like it. Let me tell you... I had to WORK to learn how to use this properly because it is NOT like your average foundation. This foundation is MATTE it is FULL COVERAGE and you have to be careful with it!

Long story short, I bought this for a wedding that I wanted to remain matte for (I have combo skin very oily t-zone) and I also wanted to be completely airbrushed. I had heard so many good things about this foundation other than how it oxidizes so I decided to try it because I LOVE UD. The first time I wore it, I got SO MANY compliments from my family asking if I had my face professionally done.. GIRL! Yes, from far away it looked amazing but up close it looked TERRIBLE! My face looked old and cakey.. the makeup was so heavy. I also had used like 2 pumps of foundation.. you do not need that much!!! My point it even when it looked terrible up close, it still looked good from far away. But no one wants that.. I wanted it to look good from any angle.

My problem area was around my mouth and on my nose.. it looked so old and discolored and just AWFUL. So, how did I fix the problem.. Step 1, you must hydrate your skin REALLY WELL. Yes, I have oily t-zone areas but adding mattifying primer under this foundation was a no go for me. It made me too dry. Instead, I applied a facial oil to the areas that were looking old and crusty and my issue was immediately solved. I like application best with a beauty sponge because it allows me to perfect as I go without having to go back later (this stuff sets a little quickly). Also, I do not set this with powder except where I have applied concealer. These steps made this foundation look amazing up close and far away. Also, my liquid and powder products blended perfectly on top.

Quick thing to remember, even while my skin looked amazing after these steps, it did settle into my smile lines eventually! This doesn't bother me because every foundation does and I smile ALOT so it's expected for me. But if this bothers you or you have a lot of lines on your face, be warned.
Jozet G.
This foundation is sooo good for a really nice FULL coverage face. A few things to keep in mind for those who want to use it: as PER UD, this does oxidize. If you try on in stores, wait about 2 minutes to see if it matches you after oxidation. For those who mention that it defines their pores and flaws, I think it's very important to use a pore minimizing primer if you have that issue or at least some sort of primer as a base because if not, this will definitely have that effect. Another thing to keep in mind, again, as per UD, is that this is NOT a buildable foundation. And less is definitely more. I use about 1 - 1.5 pumps for my entire face and the coverage is insane. But if you build foundation on top of your base layer, it will look cakey and not flawless. TBH, I only use this for nights out. I definitely wouldn't want to wear this on a daily or for work or in the day time. Also, I also think it is very important to set this with a translucent powder and a setting spray. UD All-Nighter is literally the best setting spray I've ever used. I would say, give it a chance yourself and see what you think, but if you don't use the foundation properly with the right priming and setting steps, then it is very likely that this might not work out for you. I love it and think it looks beautiful!
Michelle M.
Merrionett Pk, IL
Review for: 2.5 (fair w/subtle pink undertone) more...
Don't believe all the hype about this foundation. I have tried to use  this foundation in so many ways and it has failed me. I purchased from Ulta, and my first issue is how hard it was to color match. There is nothing that says "this shade has pink undertones or this one has yellow" so I really struggled. I had to return the original one I bought because it ended up being too yellow, and the fact that it oxidizes so much, you don't realize it when your just doing swatches. Now, it is very matte, full coverage, and quite water proof. I just cant with the way it sits on my face! It creases in the lines, and around/on my nose and chin the foundation literally separated. I tried moisturizing more, using a beauty blender instead of a brush, I tried to blend it out with every tool imaginable, with no avail. I'm actually very disappointed in this foundation, even though you do get quite a bit of product, It is not worth it. I won't be re purchasing this product, nor would I recommend it.
Kathryn P.
Review for: 3.5 more...
I just simply moisturized, no primers or concealers, and used a flat top foundation brush for application. Right off the bat, the color in the bottle is different in comparison to the pump of the product. Claiming to be a full coverage foundation, I found that the formula was a little on the thin side in consistency and slightly runny. I personally needed to use 4 pumps to achieve the full coverage finish. It applied streaky using the brush so I switched to a beauty blender. While using the beauty blender, I noticed that the foundation was just sitting on top of my skin. When I went further to blend it, the foundation completely moved and came off. It was very difficult to get an even, full coverage.
Immediately after applying, the product started to oxidize or some would say "dry down." Within 3hrs of wear, the foundation became shades darker and more orange than my skin tone. It looked extremely dry, flakey and settled into every line. I could also feel how dry the product was on my skin when I made any kind of facial expression.
I continued to wear this foundation to really test it's longevity and stayed with it for 13hrs. It was rather uncomfortable throughout the day. The coverage completely faded and was uneven. Some areas of my skin were darker than others.
Claiming to be a waterproof foundation, I splashed water on my face, as if I were to wash it, then dabbed my face dry with a paper towel. Almost all of the foundation came off. It was like a powder and you could see the streams of water going down my face.
Overall I didn't find this foundation to be full coverage, long lasting or waterproof for me.

Instagram: @Permiasorella
karen b.
Cape Coral
Just bought this! so excited to use it! claims to be full coverage, long wear, matte finish, waterproof, and oil free!

update: a few days later and I’m LOVING this foundation!! I had to go to the store again because it was a few shades darker but once i got the right color I stand by this foundation. I put this on around 3 PM and it’s almost 8 hours later and it’s still on as if i had just put it on. It has stayed matte, i literally haven’t looked oily at all. I haven’t touched up or powdered anywhere either and i’m just so amazing about how well this foundation performs. Also the foundation is a thicker type but it feels good on the skin, it doesn’t feel like you’re wearing anything! IN LOVE
💋Cara S.
I am getting up there in age and can sometimes suffer with major skin problems, not to mention the fact that I have extremely dry (I'm talking Sahara desert dry)/combo (t-zone) skin. Even so, this is a product that I can not live without! It is absolutely full coverage without feeling like it and this is the longest wearing foundation that I have ever used. With that being said, there are a couple of things that I wish I had known before purchasing this amazing product, to save myself time and hassle at the beginning. The first thing that I wish I had known was that the color does dry down darker than the color it appears to be in the bottle and when first applied. Try it out in the store and wait a minute or two when selecting your perfect match. Two, this foundation does NOT work well with certain primers. For instance, when I tried with Smashbox, it was awful, my foundation completely lifted in spots. However, I did not give up and tried with other primers and found plenty of primers that DO work very well with this foundation! Benefit's Porefessional & PUR Cosmetics correcting primer, are just a couple of primers that work amazingly well! Once I figured out my true match and which products are best used with this foundation, I truly can not live without it and it has definitely become a holy grail product for me! Good luck! Oh and for reference I am 38 years old and wear shade 7.0!
Alexandria S.
Washington, MO
Review for: 1.0 (fair bisque w/soft warm undertone) more...
I always used cheap drugstore foundations but a friend introduced me to UD’s All Nighter Foundation and now I can’t get enough of it. The All Nighter is a big bottle, but you use very little and it goes a very long way. Gone are the days where I would apply foundation or powder touch up a few times a day. This foundation is totally matte. I do not used a finishing powder over it, it does not come out with a shine whatsoever. It is a great base for my other products. I have several acne scars and rosacea and this foundation in connection with a concealer makes them invisible. Very pleased!!
Alexandria C.
Santa Cruz
Review for: 0.5 (fair porcelain w/subtle pink undertone) more...
I had such high hopes for this product. My face sweats during the summer and I wanted something that wouldn't budge when it came to that. Now, I will say that it definitely is sweat proof and stays. However, I also have dry skin. And this stuff, along with their all nighter concealer, is AWFUL for dry skin. And yes, I exfoliated and moisturized more than I ever had and this stuff still caked in my drier areas and just made my skin feel like the Sahara desert. It clungs to my fine lines and made me look much older than I am (26). And don't even get me started on my under eyes. No matter what I applied it with, whether it be a damp beauty blender or brush, it would not blend under my eyes because it kept caking in random areas. For $40 I definitely was disappointed. Returned. Next.
Nicole H.
Dekalb, IL
I hear both really great and really negative reviews on this product. I have somewhat oily skin, am looking for long lasting, non cakey foundation. Is this something that would work for me?
Desiree C.
Toledo, OH
Is this a good foundation for dry skin?
Yanelys G.
Jacksonville , FL
Do you recommend for oily skin?
Chelsea C.
I got this foundation and I loved the way it looked when I first put it on, but I found that it transfers very easily. By the end of the day I had no foundation in some areas on my face. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution to it?
Katelyn S.
Does this crease up in expression lines at all?

back