BY URBAN DECAY #22 in Liquid Foundation

Got plans to reunite with your hot ex over late-night cocktails? Make sure your makeup has as much stamina as your date. Introducing All Nighter Liquid Foundation—makeup that stays up. It’s the ultimate foundation for a flawless-looking complexion that won’t quit.

All Nighter Liquid Foundation provides full coverage with a modern matte finish that never looks overdone. Get serious long-lasting wear and a blown-out effect you never thought was possible. Perfect for all-night affairs and other scandalous activities, our revolutionary formula is also comfortable enough to wear every day.

While Naked Skin complexion products are demi-matte, All Nighter Liquid Foundation is completely matte—but never flat (and it’s oil-free!). We loaded this formula with an insane amount of pigment (about three times as much as Naked Skin Liquid Makeup), so a little goes a long way. There’s no need to build coverage or apply multiple layers. This waterproof, paraben-free formula diffuses light to blur flaws for beautifully perfected skin as it mattifies and absorbs oil to reduce the appearance of shine.

With a wide range of meticulously calibrated shades that align with our existing Naked Skin Liquid Makeup shades, it’s easy to find your perfect match.

All Nighter Liquid Foundation comes in a sleek, edgy bottle that has a luxurious, highly metallized gunmetal effect with asymmetric cutouts. As cool as it looks, it’s also practical; the shade is clearly visible, but the bottle never looks messy. It’s also equipped with an airless pump—so it’s easy to get out every last bit of product.

Urban Decay is 100% cruelty-free.

• Cyclopentasiloxane
  • Dimethicone Crosspolymer-3
  • Propylene Carbonate
  • Tocopherol

All Shades May Contain:

• CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)
  • CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides)

• I love Urban Decay's Naked Skin foundation, how does this compare?2 Answers
  • What is the best tool to apply it with ? Urban Decay All Nighter ...4 Answers
  • Is this foundation good for all skin types? Cause i have dry to n...4 Answers
Jessica B.
Dale City, VA
Review for: 6
While this foundation has it's hickups, I do really like it. Let me tell you... I had to WORK to learn how to use this properly because it is NOT like your average foundation. This foundation is MATTE it is FULL COVERAGE and you have to be careful with it!

Long story short, I bought this for a wedding that I wanted to remain matte for (I have combo skin very oily t-zone) and I also wanted to be completely airbrushed. I had heard so many good things about this foundation other than how it oxidizes so I decided to try it because I LOVE UD. The first time I wore it, I got SO MANY compliments from my family asking if I had my face professionally done.. GIRL! Yes, from far away it looked amazing but up close it looked TERRIBLE! My face looked old and cakey.. the makeup was so heavy. I also had used like 2 pumps of foundation.. you do not need that much!!! My point it even when it looked terrible up close, it still looked good from far away. But no one wants that.. I wanted it to look good from any angle.

My problem area was around my mouth and on my nose.. it looked so old and discolored and just AWFUL. So, how did I fix the problem.. Step 1, you must hydrate your skin REALLY WELL. Yes, I have oily t-zone areas but adding mattifying primer under this foundation was a no go for me. It made me too dry. Instead, I applied a facial oil to the areas that were looking old and crusty and my issue was immediately solved. I like application best with a beauty sponge because it allows me to perfect as I go without having to go back later (this stuff sets a little quickly). Also, I do not set this with powder except where I have applied concealer. These steps made this foundation look amazing up close and far away. Also, my liquid and powder products blended perfectly on top.

Quick thing to remember, even while my skin looked amazing after these steps, it did settle into my smile lines eventually! This doesn't bother me because every foundation does and I smile ALOT so it's expected for me. But if this bothers you or you have a lot of lines on your face, be warned.
Kathryn P.
Review for: 3.5
I just simply moisturized, no primers or concealers, and used a flat top foundation brush for application. Right off the bat, the color in the bottle is different in comparison to the pump of the product. Claiming to be a full coverage foundation, I found that the formula was a little on the thin side in consistency and slightly runny. I personally needed to use 4 pumps to achieve the full coverage finish. It applied streaky using the brush so I switched to a beauty blender. While using the beauty blender, I noticed that the foundation was just sitting on top of my skin. When I went further to blend it, the foundation completely moved and came off. It was very difficult to get an even, full coverage.
Immediately after applying, the product started to oxidize or some would say "dry down." Within 3hrs of wear, the foundation became shades darker and more orange than my skin tone. It looked extremely dry, flakey and settled into every line. I could also feel how dry the product was on my skin when I made any kind of facial expression.
I continued to wear this foundation to really test it's longevity and stayed with it for 13hrs. It was rather uncomfortable throughout the day. The coverage completely faded and was uneven. Some areas of my skin were darker than others.
Claiming to be a waterproof foundation, I splashed water on my face, as if I were to wash it, then dabbed my face dry with a paper towel. Almost all of the foundation came off. It was like a powder and you could see the streams of water going down my face.
Overall I didn't find this foundation to be full coverage, long lasting or waterproof for me.

Instagram: @Permiasorella
💋 C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I am getting up there in age and can sometimes suffer with major skin problems, not to mention the fact that I have extremely dry (I'm talking Sahara desert dry)/combo (t-zone) skin. Even so, this is a product that I can not live without! It is absolutely full coverage without feeling like it and this is the longest wearing foundation that I have ever used. With that being said, there are a couple of things that I wish I had known before purchasing this amazing product, to save myself time and hassle at the beginning. The first thing that I wish I had known was that the color does dry down darker than the color it appears to be in the bottle and when first applied. Try it out in the store and wait a minute or two when selecting your perfect match. Two, this foundation does NOT work well with certain primers. For instance, when I tried with Smashbox, it was awful, my foundation completely lifted in spots. However, I did not give up and tried with other primers and found plenty of primers that DO work very well with this foundation! Benefit's Porefessional & PUR Cosmetics correcting primer, are just a couple of primers that work amazingly well! Once I figured out my true match and which products are best used with this foundation, I truly can not live without it and it has definitely become a holy grail product for me! Good luck! Oh and for reference I am 38 years old and wear shade 7.0!
Aria H.
La Joya, TX
Review for: 5
When I first tried this foundation at sephora, I thought it was so amazing. It lasted all night without getting oily(I have combination skin). Most foundations leave me extremely oily after 3-4 hours of wear. I figured this matte foundation would work for me. When I first tried it I used UD's mattifying primer(this makes a huge difference) and thats when it lasted all day and night. I thought AMAZING! When I actually purchased it for myself(without the primer) I noticed it oxidizes like crazy and leaves me so extremely oily. It settles into the lines of my face and makes me look like 3 shades darker. It almost makes my makeup look caked on. I normally use different primers so I didn't purchase UD's. So in my opinion, the foundation is only good if you use their mattifying primer along with it. If not, it doesn't quite work. So I would only recommend if you also purchase the primer, if not, this may not work for you.
Amanda T.
Lubbock
Review for: 5.5
I personally really enjoy this foundation, but only after it's been able to sit on my skin for about 10 minutes. I find that it looks overly heavy at first, but once I set it with setting spray and go over it with a makeup sponge one final time that it looks great! Super effective at maintaining a matte finish with minimal shine coming through. Be careful and make sure that you set this with a very lightweight, and finely milled powder to avoid looking cakey. This does oxidize a bit, so get some samples from your local sephora before purchasing to avoid a line of demarcation or looking overly tanned/orange. Packaging is very luxe and heavy duty. Overall a great product and would definitely recommend if you're oily, if you're dry try a sample and perhaps try mixing in a little facial oil to see if it works better for you!
Cody Dawn M.
Camp Lejeune, NC
Review for: 6.5, 6
I am a user of Estée Lauder Double Wear. My standards are really high. I have a very oily nose area so staying power is a concern for me. In DW I am at 4N1, in this I was in 6 (tried 6.5 first, but this stuff oxidizes like crazy. 6 went on super pale looking, but in an hour it was the right color.)

Color wise, once the oxidizing was compensated for, it had a great time for my skin. It didn’t turn me all pink like KVD (56 & 59) did. It looks nice texture wise when applied. I began searching for something other than DW because DW can make my skin look ... old sometimes. I know I am not articulating that well, but I can’t think of another way to phrase it. This foundation was definitely better in appearance.

My main problem was breakdown - while my oil might shine through DW, it doesn’t actually break down. I can blot and the foundation will still be intact. With this, my oil broke it down and it became splotchy in those areas as the foundation lifted. 4 stars though, because it did last quite a while prior to that. I contemplated giving three (breaking down and actually coming off is an unforgivable sin in my world) but I do think it’ll work well for most, aside from the oxidizing the shades are well toned, and the rest of my face still looked great.

I tried this for about a week via sample from Sephora. Will I ever buy it? Probably not. But I definitely can’t say it’s a bad foundation. Wish me and my oily snout 🐷🐽 luck with the Too Faced Perfectly Peach matte. Still searching for that “little bit less intense than DW” and that’s up next!
Paige C.
Ferguson
Review for: 1.0 (fair bisque w/soft warm undertone)
I got my UD all nighter foundation from Ulta, the sales associate helped shade match me. I’m right in the middle of shade 0.5 which is a touch too pink & shade 1.0 which is a touch too yellow, but I chose 1.0 to take home. The coverage is incredible. I use one pump for everyday makeup which gives me enough coverage to cover my redness & on more glam days/night I use two pumps to give me full, full coverage. It’s not a key, very skin like. But I do have to use a very hydrating primer before hand, without it you can see any possible dry spots in my skin. However the foundation itself is not too drying to my skin, it is the perfect matte formula. I would give 5 stars, however, not having a good neutral shade is irritating for my fare skin.
Lauren S.
Campbell, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: 3.0 (light w/soft warm undertone)
Wasn't gonna write a review for this because, WHY?! There are SO MANY that already exist. But as I read, I thought maybe my 2 cents would be worth it for someone.

In the past I SWORE by Bare Minerals powder foundation. Until, I didn't. My oily, acne prone skin needed a change. So I went to Nordstrom and chatted with a beauty consultant who wasn't pulling my leg. She recommended 3 different types of foundation to fit my needs: Coverage, long lasting, and a good match for my blotchy/yellow skin. Overall, I liked the All Nighter the best, and for a lot of reasons. It offered a good amount of coverage with minimal product application, it matched my skin the best, and it seemed it would last.

Cut to 2 years later. I'm still wearing it, and I still love it. BUT, here's the issue I have... My skin is oily. Like, I apply make up and 2 hours later I look like I've just ran a marathon. It's pretty bad. I've had to do some work and research to find other products to get this foundation to last, and I've done it with: Proactiv Daily Oil Control, NYX matte setting powder, and Sephora waterproof setting spray. This combo keeps my make up fresh for up to 12 hours.

So if you're looking for a full regimen of make up for oily skin, I'd recommend using this foundation.
Samantha S.
College Station
Review for: 4
I bought this product specifically for an outdoor concert. I knew I would be sweating and I really wanted a foundation that would stay without sliding off. I normally use maybelline’s matte and poreless foundation and it slides pretty easily. Since this one claimed to be oil-free, matte, and waterproof I figured it would work for me. Unfortunately, that was not the case. After about 2 hours in the sun I had patches of makeup missing all over my face. It looked absolutely awful and felt even worse. WAY worse sliding than the maybelline foundation i’m use to. The only reason I gave this product 3 starts is because I think this would be an AMAZING every day foundation (if you don’t plan on sweating of course). When applied, it made my skin look almost flawless. I usually have problems with foundation cracking in the creases around my nose and mouth, but this one did not. It also covered my acne scars really well, and a little went a long way. I also have to say the matte formula isn’t TOO matte. I’m not a fan of extremely matte anything, and this was a perfect matte formula for me. So many good things to say about this foundation overall, I just wish it would have been long wear and waterproof like it claims to be!
Dana C.
Tulsa
Review for: 6
I've worn for the most part drugstore foundation and have recently ventured out to higher end brands. This was my first purchase aside from Fiona Stiles. I've worn it with and without primer, with and without setting spray. I have oily/combo skin with mild texture. I broke it down into two parts:

Wear - it is true to its claim and does last all night! That was the biggest plus about the foundation. It is definitely a matte finish if that's what you're going for.

Coverage - it is a full coverage foundation to the point where I could do without concealer. My only issue is that it did emphasize my pores even with primer (I use Dr. Brandt's Pore No More primer) and a setting spray (I use skindanavia). It also makes it give the illusion that I have more texture to my face than I have. I did feel like I was wearing makeup but that does not bother me too much, so that's more personal preference.

Overall for the price, I'd give it a 3.6. I liked the foundation but it's not something I would purchase again. Aside from it settling in my lines, my biggest turn off was that my skin would break out by the end of the night if I apply it earlier in the day, so I only resorted to wearing it on special occasions if I needed a good coverage foundation that will last all night. But if you don't have acne prone skin and want a matte finish, I would buy it.
Nicole H.
Dekalb, IL
I hear both really great and really negative reviews on this product. I have somewhat oily skin, am looking for long lasting, non cakey foundation. Is this something that would work for me?
Desiree C.
Toledo , OH
Is this a good foundation for dry skin?
Yanelys V.
Jacksonville, FL
Do you recommend for oily skin?
Chelsea C.
I got this foundation and I loved the way it looked when I first put it on, but I found that it transfers very easily. By the end of the day I had no foundation in some areas on my face. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution to it?
Katelyn S.
Does this crease up in expression lines at all?