BY URBAN DECAY #34 in Highlighter

Recovering from an especially late night? Overindulged in one too many margaritas? With Afterglow 8-Hour Powder Highlighter, nobody will ever know. Hide the aftermath of your bad decisions and give your skin a luminous, illuminated look with very little effort.

Afterglow isn’t your average highlighter; we took the time to finely mill the powder until it was just right. The result: a lightweight (yet luxurious) feel and a super-soft, creamy texture. Afterglow Highlighter goes on sheer and blends easily. Use a little or a lot; our wearable formula always applies beautifully, no matter how much you build it (and never leaves just a powdery dusting of shimmer). Available in a range of shades suitable for any skin tone, Afterglow creates a glowy, strobed effect that lasts all day (even if you’re crashing at your desk by 3pm).

We got our inspiration for Afterglow Highlighter from our popular Fireball Eyeshadow. We couldn’t stop using this trippy duotone as a highlighter, so we developed a mellower version of that shade in our Afterglow formula.

Like our Afterglow Blush, Afterglow Highlighter comes in our custom compact with the fishnet “UD” cutout on the lid. To set it apart, we made the case iridescent white. As cool as the case looks, it’s also practical; the shade shows through the cutout. (No more having to open the compact to find the right shade in your bag.)

Urban Decay is 100% cruelty-free.

SIN:

Isoeicosane, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Polyisobutene, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methicone, Tin Oxide, Hexylene Glycol, Laureth-4. [+/- (May Contain/Peut contenir): Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides)].

FIREBALL:

Isoeicosane, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Polyisobutene, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methicone, Tin Oxide, Hexylene Glycol, Laureth-4. [+/- (May Contain/Peut contenir): Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 75470 (Carmine)].

AURA:

Isoeicosane, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Polyisobutene, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methicone, Tin Oxide, Hexylene Glycol, Laureth-4. [+/- (May Contain/Peut contenir): Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 75470 (Carmine)

• Did you receive this Urban Decay highlight in your Ipsy bag?20 Answers
  • Everyone’s favorite highlighter brand & color ❤👏✨ I l...3 Answers
  • What are you're favorite highlighters RIGHT NOW? ✨ Mine i...5 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "i wish this powder was a little denser, as it falls out a bit when i go in with my brush, but there's no fallout on my face so it's ok! the texture is awesome, with no big chunks of glitter and it doesn't emphasize any pores or texture on my cheeks." in 260 reviews
  • "aura is beautiful! i have very fair skin and this looks very subtle with a light hand or very ethereal with a few layers. " in 127 reviews
Cheyanne T.
Midland, TX
Review for: Aura, Fireball, Sin more...
Okay, so I have every color of this powder, and let me tell you... it is gorgeous.
I have heard many mixed reviews online, so here is my personal review on it...
I love these... the formula is very creamy, almost wet feeling, and they layer up so well. I like to mix different colors together as well, like fireball and sin, and sin and aura. I use these as eyeshadows, highlights, and I put these on my collarbones and decolletage all the time.
I have very sensitive, oily skin as well, and these have never irritated me whatsoever. I do have some texture on my cheeks also, and these have never emphasized that or clung to any patches of texture either. Highlighters are usually pretty hit or miss with me, and I fell in love with these.
They last me all day long, and I don't ever have to touch up or even use a setting spray, but I can only imagin if you do they will stay on 24+ hours!
I definitely recommend at least giving these a try.
The color fireball is a beautiful fire coral/ pinky duo chrome highlight and it looks sooooo good. So unique! I love this as a blush topper on my light/medium skin tone.
The color Aura is a lilac/pinky beige shade, and it looks gorgeous alone as a highlight or blush topper.
Finally, the color sin is a gorgeous champagne/beige shimmer that looks so phenomenal on everyone. I use this as a highlight, browbone highlight, and lip topper every day. I love using this one to mix in with the other 2 colors in this collection as well!
Jasmine B.
Review for: Sin more...
Like a lot of other Influensters, I received this highlighter as a gift with purchase for my birthday on urbandecay.com.  I have only applied it with my  Smashbox Fan Brush but I like the way the color disburses.  It has an understated golden hue that is very complimentary on dark skin.  I only swipe my brush in the pan a couple of times for a subtle highlight.  I go back for a few more swipes when I want a more intense sheen.
Kylee J.
kitts hill, OH
Review for: Sin more...
I use this product every single day! I love it so much! The color works perfect for my light skin. But with that being said, it wouldn’t work for dark skin tones because they don’t offer many colors! The formula is very creamy, but I always spray my highlighting brush with my Mac Fix+. I find when you spray your brush, you get a more blinding highlight. But if you don’t spray your brush, you get a more toned down everyday look if you’re into that! This highlighter can also be used on the eyes too! I think this product can be used a lot, and is worth the money! I would recommend to only lighter skin tones, unless you wanted to use it as shadow!
Myra H.
Review for: Sin more...
I received the shade Sin as a free birthday gift this year. I initially thought the color would be too light for my deep skin tone, but find that when paired with the right look, it really does give a nice icy glow to the skin. The highlight lasts me through my work shift but I think I'd need to test it in the summertime to really test out how long wearing it is. Also, I find the texture to be pretty soft and a little gives a nice subtle highlight (which I prefer most days) and doesn't give my skin a powdery/dry look
Tina G.
New York
Review for: Aura, Fireball more...
For someone who is a highlighter junkie Urban Decay is a must have. The fireball color is so unique and can be worn alone as a blush, mix it with Aurora and you have an awesome color combo. It has a satiny finish and can be as subtle or dramatic as you want. For me highlighters are a huge makeup staple because I use it all over, cheeks, lips, eyes, chest. So I like something I can be versatile with. Urban Decay meets all my standards and I think everyone should own at least one shade
Emily G.
Review for: Aura more...
Seriously one of the best highlighters I have ever used. It is bold and vibrant. Blends nicely, and accents multiple skin-tones beautifully from what other reviews I have read. The product has not cause me any noticeable breakouts. I would purchase again in a heartbeat. UD highlighters are fabulous on their own, but I love it even more when I stack it on top of my Tini Beauty Highlighter in shade Candlelit. If I could wear highlighter all over myself- I probably would!
Kelly B.
Saint Augustine
Review for: Sin more...
I love everything Urban Decay and When I saw this was a long wearing highlighter, it caught My eye immediately. After using it for several weeks what I can tell you is this: it doesn't last for eight hours and the color is nothing special. It does last a little longer than some of the other highlighters I own but they are so much prettier that I don't seem to use this. I gave it three stars because I think the idea behind it is great and I would love to think a highlighter could last on me for eight hours. The color it's self was just too light for me. It might look pretty on other skin tones. I have put a tiny bit of this on then put another highlighter over it just to see if it would extend the wear of the other one and I didn't notice much difference. In conclusion, there are so many beautiful highlighters out there that you can spend your hard earned money on but this really doesn't need to be one of them.
Lily W.
New York City
Review for: Sin more...
I've heard some many reviews good reviews on this highlighter. I was lucky enough to be able to get this as a birthday gift (with purchase) from UD's website and the bonus part is it's a full size product. You don't need a lot of the purchase to get a nice glow so this will last you a very long time. Currently UD is still giving this as the birthday gift so take advantage. The formula is very velvety and lasts all day on my face.
Audrianna S.
Madison
Review for: Sin more...
This is a great buildable highlighter. There's no like big, noticeable glitter particles it just had a nice sheen, using it wet gives you an amazing amazing glow. However, I wouldn't say it's worth the money. I got a sample of this in a glam bag and although i've used it many many times, I haven't felt the need to get a full size. It's not the most buttery amazing highlight, but it's really good. It also photographs nicely.
Heather A.
Farmington, NM
I don't know if I like this highlighter or not. Compared to my favorite highlighters, this one just doesn't deliver the way I expected it to. I've only tried one shade (Sin), so maybe a different shade might work better for me. It's a pretty color though if you like a subtle glow.. I love my highlighter to SHINE so this isn't one of my favorites because it really doesn't do that.
Holly N.
Little Rock, AR
Did you receive this Urban Decay highlight in your Ipsy bag?
María A.
miami
is it brilliant?
Dagny S.
Küti, Küla
Is "Sin" good/okay for fair skin tones?
Ainsley L.
What are you're favorite highlighters RIGHT NOW? ✨ Mine is "Sin" from Urban Decay Urban Decay Afterglow 8-hour Powder Highlighter
Sara N.
How strong is this highlight in sin? Does it last and is it good on fair skin?