BY URBAN ACTIVE FITNESS

Lauren W.
Bowling Green, OH
I was looking for a gym membership just for the summer. I saw Urban Active's ad online for a free week trial and was curious to see what it was like so I started filling out their form online, but halfway through I decided I would wait and shop around for prices. I got a call within a couple hours from a representative from UA who pressured me in to stopping by. I was reluctant and asked if there was any sort of commitment required to get the free week pass, but I was told there would be no commitment required. I could just stop by and see how I liked it then try it out for a week. When I got there I was impressed by all the equipment, but the manager refused to give me the free week trial unless I purchased a membership. He was very rude especially since I said I wasn't sure I'd want to spend so much money for a membership that would only last a few months over the phone. I told him on the phone and then he wasted my time and I got nothing out of it. What a waste of time.
Scott M.
Columbus, OH
I have been going to Urban Active (now LA Fitness) for nearly a year now, and I am glad I made the switch there from my old gym. There was some weirdness at the beginning where they wouldn't give me my trial week unless I signed up for a membership (what's the point of the trial then), but I was basically going to join anyways.

The facilities I've been to have always been clean and the equipment is superb. I could do without the meatheads constantly dropping weights loudly on the floor and generally not respecting the gym, but it comes with the territory I suppose.

The transition to LA Fitness was very abrupt and unexpected, but they honored my contract and the only thing that was required of me was getting a new membership card to replace the old UA card.

If you want a gym that has all the equipment you could possibly want, regular classes, personal trainers at your disposal (for a price), and a generally enjoyable workout experience, then this is a great choice for you.
Nikki B.
Columbus, OH
They have great classes that you can participate it. The spinning @ 5:30 am is packed for how early the class is. I would suggest getting to any class early so you can get a spot. Heavens forbid if you lose your credit card because Urban active will be on your tail calling you 3x a day about updating your billing info. They recently switch over to LA fitness and sent a letter in the mail about how to update your billing information online. I put in all the information it told me too including my newest up to date credit card. It did not let me finish this registration and finding time in my busy schedule to call them is almost impossible. I would only recommend for the classes. Don't ever mention you're interested in a trainer 1. they're expensive 2. they call you several times a day to try to set something up with you. They are money hungry at this gym.
Amanda C.
Ft Walton Bch, FL
I signed up at Urban Active because it had a reasonably priced monthly fee and a huge gym with all the amenities. My problem started when I moved. The Urban Active in that area was extremely run down, and half the equipment didn't work. So I decided to quit but cancelling my membership was an insane hassle. Not only did I get charged extra months, I got double charged my cancellation fee. When I called to talk to someone I repeatedly got hung up on and never was able to get it resolved. I would never recommend this gym to anyone.
Ashley B.
Baltimore, MD
So my urban active memories Are two
Extremes.... I moved to the Midwest for a short period of time. I was talked into a membership tht offered training sessions weekly. I was excited because with this speciality membership it was still bout the same as just a membership in my east coast town. While I was there I loved the gym! I reached great goals and everyone was friendly. The gym was beautiful and clean. I moved back to the east coast and the cancellation was sort of a nightmare. That's my only complaint. So as long as u will stay in their network it's a great option
Alisha C.
Portland, OR
While pleased with the number of machines and quality of equipment, I could never get over the haughty attitude of the trainers and staff. I joined because my company started offering a corporate discount for month-to-month memberships. FYI they will still charge you for a cancelation fee and will try their hardest to get you to sign up for a personal training package. The trainer I was dealing with was super intense and got frustrated when I said I couldn't afford the higher packages. NOT cool. Overall, it was a nice gym, but not for the lightweights: don't let them talk you into bigger gym packages!
Jonellen M.
West Chester, OH
Fitspiration Expert Level 5
I have been a member of Urban Active for years. It is now LA Fitness and It's sad to say the level of cleaning has gone down hill. The machines offered are not consistent across the country. It's disappointing that the former Urban Active buildings have a women's only room, but the LA Fitness ones don't.

I do enjoy the Cardio Cinema rooms -which are only at the former UA buildings. I want to quit, but I'm locked in for a few more months.
Mila M.
Columbus, OH
I give the Gym an A+, They have a theater where the Cardio Machines are which watching a movie helps it go by fast, an indoor track. I gave them a B because, they're billing system is bad and not honest. They say they have a month to month, but they don't!
Kelly C.
Westerville, OH
The only good things about this gym were: the cardio theater and the month to month membership I received when I first joined. However, they made it so hard to cancel my membership after joining the military and getting transferred to an area that didn't have the gym. I wouldn't recommend. Plus, they are very pushy with selling their personal training, and it seemed like they trainers didn't even know what they were doing half the time.
Amanda H.
Lexington, KY
While my experience with Urban Active was no better or worse than any other gym I've ever tried, it no longer matters, as they've been sold to LA Fitness. So far, LA Fitness has decreased the number of classes offered at my local locations since the switch, but that's the only noticeable difference so far.
Chris A.
Rock Hill, SC
I have rode by this place and it looks pretty big. Would it be worth checking out?
Ashlee F.
McPherson, KS
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
Where is this gym located?