Up and Vanished

Atlanta filmmaker Payne Lindsey of Tenderfoot TV originally envisioned Up and Vanished as a true-crime documentary. Lindsey selected a missing-person case from his home state, Georgia, and embarked on a journey as an amateur investigator. After starting his research and initial interviews, he decided to present the project in audio form as a podcast. Season 1 of Up and Vanished explored the 2005 disappearance of beauty queen and high school teacher Tara Grinstead from her home in Ocilla, Georgia. The cold case was the largest case file in the Georgia Bureau of Investigation’s history, with no arrests in 11 years. The podcast quickly drew attention, both in South Georgia and nationwide. Reviewing old leads and uncovering new ones, Up and Vanished quickly expanded from a planned six-episode season to a final count of 24 episodes with numerous bonus episodes. As the people of Ocilla began talking about the case again, new leads and stories emerged. In February 2017, the GBI arrested two suspects for Grinstead’s murder. Up and Vanished will continue to provide updates on this no-longer-cold case as the criminal trial proceeds in 2018.

Does anyone know if this is on Spotify?
Start your review of Up and Vanished!
How would you rate this product?
Jess D.
Rockingham, NC
This was a very well done, enamoring podcast. Both seasons grabbed and held on to my attention for the entirety (v rare). I do wish they’d make a new season with a new case!
Drew S.
Dallas, TX
Love seasons one and two and so glad we are back for season 3! Payne Lindsey and the team have truly knocked it out of the park with all the new pods coming out of tenderfoot.tv. I really enjoy hearing the stories they bring. Season 1 was so cool to be a part of as the first season wrapped up things were happening in real life as well. Hoping season 3 lives up to the magic.
Annie V.
Minneapolis, MN
Up and Vanished was one of the first podcasts I listened to after "Serial" and remains one of my favorites to this day. The reporting is intriguing, the interviews are personal while keeping respect to the interviewee and you can tell that Payne is invested in the topic. :) Would highly recommend this podcast
Elizabeth B.
Cleveland , Tennessee
This is an excellent podcast that will draw you in, and keep you on the edge of your seat. What makes this so unique is the in person interviews and, documentary-style episodes. Up and Vanished definitely makes on my top 10 podcasts list. If you love true crime podcasts I would highly recommend giving this a listen.
Amy R.
I started listening to Up and Vanished while on the hunt for some new true crime podcasts. While I was following along with each episode, new information was dug up from all of the publicity surrounding the podcast! It was shocking to go from listening to a story being told and evidence being presented, to two wild cards falling out of the deck. Season two has been just as good - and I hope that justice will be brought forward for Kristal as well!
Keli S.
Windsor Mill, MD
i love this crime documentary its such a good one 5/5 for me lindsey did a great job with this one........
Ask a question to the Influenster community...