BY UNIVERSAL #5 in Music

Import edition includes three bonus tracks. Highly anticipated 2012 debut album from the New York-based singer, songwriter and performer. She has described herself as a "gangsta Nancy Sinatra" and cites Britney Spears, Thomas Newman and Bruce Springsteen as her musical influences. Lana Del Rey's direct influences were visual as well as musical; David Lynch, soundtracks for 50s black and white movies, the whirring sound of the Ferris at Coney Island, fame itself. She lived in a New Jersey trailer park and decked her homestead in flags, streamers and seasonally inappropriate Christmas lights. Like these things she loves, the album sparkles with color and vitality. Includes the hit singles 'Video Games' and 'Blue Jeans'. see more...

Buy on Jet.com
  • "I lisented to this nonstop for at least 3 months, she is an amazing artist!" in 5 reviews
  • "one of my all time favorite albums of hers love every song on it including born to die and video games " in 4 reviews
  • "The song video games was originally what made me fall in love with this album, but the others quickly won me over." in 3 reviews
Melissa K.
Fountain Hill, PA
Born to Die is hands down one of my favorite albums of all time. I listen to it all the time and it never gets old. Lana is so talented and such an underrated artist. I listen to a lot of music and a lot of different artists, and it is rare for me to love absolutely every song on an album, but this is an exception. The songs flow so beautifully together and the album as a whole is a beautiful collection of songs. My favorite song on the album is "Diet Mountain Dew" and "Off To the Races". I also have this album on vinyl and it makes it sound even better! I definitely recommend this album!!
Dylan H.
Philadelphia, PA
I love lana del Rey and this is by far my favorite album of hers. From born to die, national anthem, to radio every song on this album with have an effect on you. You need to listen if you like old school music, lana has found a way to make it feel old and new all at the same. It sounds great on vinyl.
Jada Y.
De Pere, WI
Lana Del Rey never ceases to amaze me. Born to Die is absolutely one her best works. I can listen to it for hours on end and still not get sick of it, even though it's been out for 6 years. There's not many artists where I fall in love with and truly feel every song, and Lana Del Rey is one of those artists. I will always recommend this album to everyone I know!

Tori R.
Las Vegas
I love Lana!!! She's a queen and I know so many people who love her music. My sister is one of those people and she actually got me into Lana. She sings so well and she's just beautiful. I heard her music while I was watching American Horror Story and I still listen to her music. I love Young And Beautiful, God And Monsters, and more! I would totally go to a concert of hers and I often tell others to listen to her.
Diana F.
San Gabriel
i love lana del rey! she is a goddess. i just went to her concert yesterday at the valley view casino for her LA to the moon tour and she performed many songs from this album!! i love it! huge stan! i would 100% recommend buying this!do yourself a favour and purchase this.. its only $13
Mireya o.
Phoenix, AZ
Looovvveee this album! I listen to it in the repeat and I can’t wait to go to her concert on February! She’s one of the few good artists out there and her music is so pure! And her combatting with The Weeknd was just the best!
Hannah M.
I had no idea who Lana Del Rey was when her album won Grammys a few years ago. I thought, "Who is this woman beating out the better-known, typical winners?" I had never heard a song from her on the radio. Little did I know just how deserving was this album.

Lana may not have one the better voices musicality-wise, but her voice is unique and fitting to her distinct style. Her music infuses pop, hip-hop, oldies, and singer-songwriter all as a single style I've never seen before but now witness many now trying to replicate. Her song writing is top-notch and clever, as well as catchy and fitting to the Sadcore tag made especially for her. She is truly one of a kind.

I am not typically a fan of hip-hop or anything with electronic undertones, but I find myself drawn to Del Rey's craft. It has just enough retro to pull me in. I'm more a fan of classic rock and older pop, and I don't swerve towards many of today's top radio plays like Beyonce and Katy Perry. Del Rey, in my opinion, is far above most of today's music as she writes music that is not just about selling a beat but painting a picture any art critic can enjoy and relate. Her songs tell stories and evoke emotion in listeners. That is scarce in today's music, sadly.

The Deluxe Edition is better than the original as it is really two albums in one. While only "Summertime Sadness" garnered international attention, the rest of the collection is, in my humble opinion, equally or above the quality as her hit song.

Tracks like "National Anthem," "Million Dollar Man," and "Lolita" spark a sexy side of Del Rey, while "Video Games" and "Without You" show a softer, loving side. "Born to Die" is reminder to enjoy life despite life's draw backs, and "This is What Makes Us Girls" paints a not-so-pretty picture of losing the innocence held only by carefree adolescence.

While this album may not attract those who prefer a more rockin' sound, Del Rey's soft voice and brilliant lyrics will resonate with anyone who enjoys a good pop song that may miss airtime in a world ruled by generic popstars.
Nicole R.
Staten Island, NY
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Lana Del Rey is an amazing artist and this album is GOLD. This is my favorite album by her as every song is a masterpiece. This usually isn’t my preferred music genre but something about her music draws me. It’s beautiful and sad, I can’t stop listening.
Sarah S.
Silver Lake, OH
Though I'm not always a fan of female singers, this album is amazing. It's hard to pinpoint what would be my favorite song on this album because almost all of them are. It's really a great album.
Luz Y.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is such an amazing album. Lana is very talented. My favorite songs off this album would have to be Born To Die and Blue Jeans. I don’t know whether to cry or sing along when I listen to her. She’s a must listen to artist. Check out her newest album
Alexis S.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Favorite song from this album?
Meaghan R.
Hudsonville, MI
Where did you buy this
Ezzy L.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who else lovesss Lana del Rey?