Universal FLORENCE & THE MACHINE - CEREMONIALS: INT'L DELUXE EDITION uploaded by Sarah R.

BY UNIVERSAL #74 in Music

International Deluxe two CD edition features a bonus disc with eight tracks (four more than the U.S. Deluxe Edition). The additional four bonus tracks are 'Landscape' (demo), 'Heartlines' (acoustic), 'Shake It Out' (acoustic) and 'Breaking Down' (acoustic). 2011 sophomore album from the British band led by singer/songwriter Florence Welch. Ceremonials is a stunningly accomplished record by an artist teetering on the wind-blown top of her game, an extraordinary testament to what Florence refers to as "my incorrigible maximalism". The pounding epiphanic positivism of `Spectrum'; the galloping massed-ranks majesty of `All This And Heaven Too' and `Shake It Out'; the triumphant emotional battle cries of `No Light No Light' and `Heartlines'. Spend a little time with Ceremonials and what strikes you first and foremost is the apparent confidence of its execution. Recorded with her full band over five weeks this summer in Abbey Road's legendary Studio 3, Ceremonials is another product of her long-running collaboration with producer Paul Epworth. Together they've created an expansive art-pop vision that can be both captivatingly tender while still frequently soaring to places where it can overwhelm the senses like an emotive tidal wave. see more...

• What is your favorite Florence and the machine song?34 Answers
  • Is she planning on releasing another album?8 Answers
Buy on Walmart
Kayla B.
Kayla B.
Brooklyn, NY
Pop Culture Expert
For years I have always been wary of buying the 2nd album of an artist that I have fallen in love with because usually the 2nd album is a let down in more ways than one so now I rarely purchase the 2nd album after sampling the songs. With Florence + the Machine, I listened to the B-sides and didn't find any song that I liked which was sad since I absolutely LOVED every song on the first album. So naturally I was expecting not to enjoy Ceremonials and it wasn't until I saw the video for "Shake It Out" and listened to the song that I became excited about the album. I sampled all the songs and noticed that although they were good, they were a bit different but I took the chance and downloaded the album anyway.
Mackenzie O.
Mackenzie O.
Pop Culture Expert
There are so many things to appreciate about Ceremonials. Florence's powerful yet elegant vocals are grab your attention and are supplemented by beautiful instrumentals. The lyrics are more complex than most pop songs nowadays, I find myself uncovering a new layer of meaning each time I listen. My favorites would have to be Bedroom Hymns, Spectrum, and Leave My Body.
Jasmin R.
Jasmin R.
Pop Culture Expert
Florence + the Machine is my all time favorite! Her voice is so haunting, strong and ethereal. The songs are amazing and make you want to dance barefoot in the woods..at night! Florence has found a way to capture me with her yearning lyrics and lilting melodies. She's like Adele + Jefferson Airplane + midnight. It's fantastic. If you haven't listened, start now.
Brooklyn W.
Brooklyn W.
Gainesville, GA
Pop Culture Expert
Absolutely in love with this album, she has an amazing voice that could bring tears to your eyes. Will always be my Favorite album by Florence and the machine. The best songs on this album are never let me go, seven devils and breath of life. Definitely recommend for any indie lover.
Morrisville, NC
Pop Culture Expert
Whenever I hear Florence I swear it isnlike falling in love, being broken up with, loved ones dying, having your very first child.. there are just so many emotions that come out of listening to this music. Florence and the machine is truly one of the most talented bands.
Amanda R.
Amanda R.
Dallas, GA
This is one of my only iTunes playlists I can listen all the way through without hitting skip. I love everyone song on the album. I love her voice and the songs are so different from anything else out there. If you don't have this cd or own it on iTunes make it happen!
Sammie M.
Sammie M.
Pop Culture Expert
Florence & the machine! Such an amazing band. This is my favorite album. Her voice is so amazing and soulful. My favorite song is shake it out. I listen to it seriously everyday. Even the live versions are amazing! I will forever be a fan of Florence & the machine.
Sarrah J.
Sarrah J.
Pop Culture Expert
If you don't listen to Florence I am so sorry. Her music transcends you into a beautiful world, you feel peace and happiness and different good emotions you didn't even think we're possible. Please try out her music. It's more on the indie side of music.
Victoriana R.
Victoriana R.
Pop Culture Expert
This band never ceases to amazing me. Everything from the vocals to the seamless way the songs are written is incredible. I love how artistic the songs are lyrically. They really make you think about the meaning and application of the song to real life.
MaryCaroline G.
MaryCaroline G.
St Petersburg, FL
Pop Culture Expert
Florence and the Machine is amazing! I was able to see her in concert and I absolutely adored her voice and performance skills. Her lyrics are incredible, and I absolutely adore her songs. I would highly recommend her music. Powerful music and lyrics.
Morrisville, NC
Pop Culture Expert
What is your favorite Florence and the machine song?
Luna D.
Luna D.
Mesa, AZ
Is she planning on releasing another album?