United Natural Trading Co Hershey Import Madhava: Agave Nectar, 176 oz

BY UNITED NATURAL TRADING CO (HERSHEY IMPORT)

Madhava's Agave nectar is a pure and natural sweetener made from the natural juice (aguamiel) of the agave. It is harvested from plants in the high desert region of Central Mexico, where a wealth of the plants grow wild. Agave Nectar is very versatile, suitable for any sweetening use. And, it has both organic and Kosher certification, is gluten and allergen free, and has a low Glycemic Index of 32. This is significant because limiting glucose consumption is a vital concern for many people. The light variety has a wonderfully mild and pleasant flavor that enhances anything it sweetens. It is ideal for coffee, tea, fruit "smoothies", and baked goods. This pure, unrefined sweetener is a great-tasting, economical alternative to all other sweeteners, granular or liquid, perfect for all around use. Madhava's Agave Nectar has a long, stable shelf life and will not solidify. It pours quickly even when cold, blends and dissolves readily in all foods. It has approx 1.4 times the sweetening power of white sugar. Also, Madhava's Agave Nectar's mild flavor is very consistent which makes it a very dependable ingredient in recipes. For baking, its moisture retention properties are comparable to those of honey. Bakers also may notice that agave adds a silky, smooth texture to their goods and better definition existing natural flavors. see more...

• $227 for a Agave nectar!? 1 Answers
  • Is this a better alternative to regular sugar?3 Answers
  • What types foods/liquids would you use this in rather than standa...2 Answers
  • "It goes well with peanut butter & banana sandwich." in 1 review
Hannah L.
Denton, TX
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I haven't purchased this size, but I have purchased this brand in this type of agave. It tastes great and is a must have sweetener when those berry protein shakes are just a bit too bitter. Good price point and highly recommended.
Ashley K.
Tumwater, WA
This is a great alternative for those who do not have local honey. I have used this on and off for 6 years. It taste great in coffee or tea. It's way better for you then sugar. Doesn't take much to get the sweetness you need.
Sarah R.
I haven't purchased honey since discovering this product. I prefer the taste of agave to honey, although there isn't too much difference. I like that it doesn't crystalize at a low temperature as honey sometimes will. I use it on peanut butter toast and in my tea. I have also used it in baking recipes in place of honey with no adverse effects.
julia h.
Austin, TX
This is the best stuff. my little brother is a diabetic and this is one of the few sweetness that does not contain alcohol sugars which are equally as bad a regular sugar to a full insulin diabetic. it dissolves even in cold water and is a lighter tasting sweetener with Amber tones in it.
Krystal E.
Saratoga, CA
I purchase the smaller bottles. I've actually never seen a large bottle as the one in the product picture. I love using this as a replacement for normal sugar in my coffee and honey in my tea. I think it's my new favorite sweetener.
Angelica W.
Oneonta, NY
I am vegan and like to use agave nectar in place of honey in recipes. It is very sweet and I like that it is low glycemic. I use this in anything that calls for sweetener. It tastes great.
Jennifer Leigh G C.
Saint Charles, IL
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
Agave Nectar is an great alternative to honey, especially when you consider honey isn't to be given to small children/infants. I use Agave Nectar in tea, coffee, and as a scratchy throat soother. Love this stuff!
Emily M.
Miami, OK
This is really good stuff, especially for Diabetics since it's lower on the Glycemic scale. 25% sweeter than sugar, but is much slower to metabolize, which helps keep down those nasty spikes. Would recommend!
Kaitlyn  F.
Colorado Spgs, CO
I've enjoyed using this agave! It's a great alternative to honey and tastes delicious! I use it on toast a lot! There are many recipes that use agave. This is the only brand I have tried but I love it!
Randi A.
I am careful of everything I put in my mouth. This agave nectar light is my sugar replacement I also use it in smoothies to add some sweetness and also use it in the place of honey.
Alexis G.
Is this an organic sweetener? It sounds good but I'm not sure how it's properly used.
Samantha R.
Fitspiration Expert Level 1
Is this a better alternative to regular sugar?
Jamie T.
I like finding alternatives to white granulated sugar. How does this taste in everyday products you would add sugar to but not bake?
Allison C.
N Charleston, SC
What types foods/liquids would you use this in rather than standard granulated sugar? Also how does it compare nutritionally?
Allyson P.
Fitspiration Expert Level 2
What can you use this for?