BY UNITED AIRLINES #5 in Airlines

• Are they bad to delay flights?8 Answers
  • Anyone else have issues with this airline?7 Answers
  • I have never used this airline before , is it a comfortab...11 Answers
United Airlines
  • "Tickets are always reasonably priced, however, customer service is rather poor and the flight attendants on out last flight were very rude!" in 49 reviews
  • "For the most part the service is okay but usually the flight attendants are rude and unapologetic when they spill water all over you in your sleep because they're reaching over you to get to the person in the middle." in 31 reviews
  • "my absolute favorite airlines there first class is great i havent been in there coach or buisness yet but the first class is so nice they bring you ll this stuff " in 16 reviews
  • "United has a great frequent flyer program and it is relatively easy to get upgrades into first class on domestic flights." in 14 reviews
  • "Any time I have missed my connecting flight, they've been able to accommodate me on the next available flight...or have paid for my overnight stay." in 13 reviews
Brittany M.
Carteret, NJ
I feel people like to complain about United Airlines but I think it’s just because they are one of the more common airlines... the more flights you provide the more incidents that can happen. I’ve never had a problem with this Airline and they provide complimentary snacks and beverages. The flight crews are always friendly. If you fly often for business it’s pretty easy to get status with the airline which is always great. The planes are far from roomy especially in economy but what airline is?
Jaime N.
Broken Arrow, OK
They have competitive prices and usually a pretty well kept airplane. The attendants are hit and miss though. Some are rude and ditzy. My biggest reason for the 3 is that I was supposed to travel out of the country on new years with my family and nieces and nephews (total of 2 adults and 6 kids). The employees were late to arrive, almost all of the employees. So check in was late and the flight was delayed by an hour and a half which caused us to miss our connecting flight. Not even an apology was given.
Jackie F.
I want to start this review by saying that the actual air line crew that I have been on flights with have been perfectly fine. The issue I have and why am giving this one star is because I had a piece of very expensive luggage damaged (a musical instrument case), and they never replaced or paid for the damages even though I was supposed to receive a check for it. I had to take the case to the BBB, and then I was promised again that I would receive a check and still, two years later, I have never received the check.
Katie F.
I like United, but they are such a pain when you need to switch things around due to schedule changes. I guess I'm used to flying Southwest who gives you Southwest credit when plans change, but it is very disappointing when plans change and they charge you an outrageous fee (in my case, that cost more than my entire roundtrip ticket) just to switch to another United flight. Not sure the logic behind that, but comes off very money hungry. Besides this, I have never had an issue flying United though.
Brynn B.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I have flown with United a handful of times before and previously, have not had any issues with the staff! Although recently, there had been a few staff of United Airlines on the plane who appeared to be airing on the side of extremely serious, which can really make or break some people's experiences when on a plane if you are dealing with a grumpier staff! Overall, I have had good and "OK" experiences with this airline, but would fly again. I do enjoy the planes themselves/seats and room available.
Brenda D.
Norfolk, VA
What can I say really. A couple of the time I flew with them it was super easy got a lot of help since I was flying alone with just my child and was very smooth getting to our destination. The last time we flew it was the scariest ever it felt as if we where going straight to space the airplane. There was turbulence all the way there we did land pretty rough. I guess it all depends on the pilot. The employees where pretty nice and never really have trouble with baggage or checking in.
Michaela R.
Patoka, IL
I am one of the lucky ones who have never had a negative experience from the United Airlines staff. I have dealt with nightmare passengers in the past who I have witnessed verbally attack boarding attendants and the staff handled it very professionally. The Chicago terminal also happens to be my favorite terminal entrance in the US. The color scheme and lighting affect is both mesmerizing and calming. I truly do not know how anyone could walk through it and not have a good peaceful experience.
meg d.
Neptune Beach
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I flew United recently, to the dismay of my BF after all the controversies. However it was a cheaper flight and so I went for it. I kind of wish I had paid the extra buck in retrospect. The plane was tiny and so so old. Some of the more uncomfortable seats I’ve ever sat in. Also there was close to no AC in the terminal-which maybe was an airport thing but good lord it was freaking hot in 90 degree weather. I will say the staff was wonderful and quite accommodating, so props to them for that!
Joanna A.
N Plainfield, NJ
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
The price of one ticket is very expensive, don’t get me wrong tickets in general are expensive. However, compared to other airlines this is one of the most expensive ones. They always do offer complimentary drinks and they are always very nice and go around to see if you need anything and even go far and beyond to make you feel more comfortable. However, again, over time the tickets with this airline to go up. But the service is amazing, which is why I choose this airline all the time .
Elissa R.
Last year i went to Mexico on a family trip (20 people in total) on our way there we didnt have a problem, but on our way back, we were told that “someone had cancel 10 of our reservations” NOBODY HAD CANCELLED ANYTHING! we got into an argument with the person i charged in Mexico, because they simply didnt want to recognize that the flight was overbooked, 1 hour later she made it sound like she was doing us a favor by putting the rest of my 10 family members on board. NEVER AGAIN!
Geena G.
Does United Airlines fly over-seas??
Tracy A.
Lowell, In
Do you feel an airline should have a dress code?
Claire O.
Los Angeles, CA
If you had a choice without taking price into consideration, would you fly United Airlines over any other airline?
Taylor P.
Painesville, OH
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
When is the best time to get a cheap flight?
patricia c.
San Diego, CA
How is the customer service with this company?