BY UNITED AIRLINES #6 in Airlines

• Are they bad to delay flights?8 Answers
  • Anyone else have issues with this airline?7 Answers
  • I have never used this airline before , is it a comfortab...11 Answers
United Airlines
  • "Tickets are always reasonably priced, however, customer service is rather poor and the flight attendants on out last flight were very rude!" in 49 reviews
  • "For the most part the service is okay but usually the flight attendants are rude and unapologetic when they spill water all over you in your sleep because they're reaching over you to get to the person in the middle." in 31 reviews
  • "my absolute favorite airlines there first class is great i havent been in there coach or buisness yet but the first class is so nice they bring you ll this stuff " in 16 reviews
  • "United has a great frequent flyer program and it is relatively easy to get upgrades into first class on domestic flights." in 14 reviews
  • "Any time I have missed my connecting flight, they've been able to accommodate me on the next available flight...or have paid for my overnight stay." in 13 reviews
Charlie W.
Bradley
Flying is honestly getting worse and worse, and United is no exception. Seats are thinner and lightweight now. So you’d think “ahh more legroom!” Right? Wrong. They have made the seats as thin as possible, almost zero adjustability on some planes the is literally no adjustability. I’m pretty sure by with all the space they saved by thinning out the seats they actually added an extra row. In flight entertainment is not a thing anymore. What about WiFi? Sure but first you must pay! If after you pay for internet and you find out it isn’t working... Good luck getting a refund. Have your own movies on your mobile device? That’s great but they offer no place to charge it after you use up the battery. And to think flights are getting more and more expensive. For what?
Lauren S.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I fly United A LOT. I have the mileage plus credit card, I'm a Premier Member. I fly to Australia every year. So, I fly a lot. And I like that United makes me feel special with my Premier status and special little perks like free baggage and getting on the plane early. But the experience is often killed by the lack of cool air and oxygen on the plane. They sit in traffic trying to take off and don't turn on the air to save fuel and it suffocates everyone. Then they give you dry pretzels. I'd rather anything but that. The inflight experience kills any special feeling I had in the airport. That's where work is needed. I'm crammed in a tiny seat with a person picking their toes next to me and there's no air and dry pretzels. You can do better United.
Julie M.
Pingree Grove, IL
I flew United on a trip to Hawaii. The morning I left my flight was canceled right as we were beginning to board. They were able to get me on a direct flight to Hawaii from Chicago. The flight was ok, but for that long of a flight we were only offered 1 drink and a waffer cookie. For a flight that long they should be serving you a complete mean and at least 1 snack. When we got there I was told that my luggage didn’t make it and that they had no idea where it was. They told me that they would call me within 4 hours to let me know where it was. That call didn’t come until a day and a half later. They brought it to me later that day. I will probably fly them again, despite that experience because the flight attendants were extremely nice and professional.
Tee M.
Honolulu, HI
I recently flew with United Airlines to San Francisco in October. I flew to and from San Francisco with them. My flight was about 5 hours and all they gave was small snacks and drinks. With this flight, I don’t remember seeing any screens updating us on exactly where we’re at unlike Hawaiian (I’m only comparing Hawaiian and United because they were both my recent flights and both flights were within a month from each other). Chairs were comfortable, I know you could upgrade your seats to a much more roomy type of seats on the plane. Overall, good experience with United. I rate it 4 stars only because I had a better experience with Hawaiian.
Julia V.
San Francisco, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I think we all know this airline has been embarrassing itself for quite sometime. It needs to be bought out and revamped. It is not doing well. And its a stingy airline of terrible quality in terms of in flight comfort, amenities offered, and employee hospitality/customer relations. You need to do some soul-searching, United. You need to do it in a hurry, or else soon the free market is going to cut you out of the equation. Stop letting your employees think that they shouldn’t have to be bothered by the inconvenience of work responsibility. Stop being a punch line to a bad joke. Stop being a meme that world star makes private. When they said there’s no such thing as bad publicity, they were lying. You showed me the truth, United. They were lying.
Desiree H.
Ft Oglethorpe, GA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I fly United sometimes because sometimes it is the cheapest for the flight that I need and I really do not like how small the seats are, because I always end up sitting next to a really big person who wants to take up my arm rest and come over into my bubble.. LOL. Or, I sit beside of a screaming baby who is throwing soggy Cheerios on me, or one time, I sat in a seat that smelled VERY strongly of vomit and I was sick the rest of the day from having that smell stuck in my nose. If I could only afford first class... I probably would not fly United ever again because that one flight, though it was many years ago, was so terrible that is has scarred my memory. I should make them pay for therapy it was so traumatic LOL. Everything I've mentioned happened on that same flight, which was a business flight to a show I was supposed to be at for my work and I got so travel sick from the smell and all the traveling that I was not even able to go to the show for the rest of the day and even the next day had the smell of vomit in my nose and kept smelling it. Someone must have been sick on the previous flight and they did not bother to even sterilize it. If I had known better, or if I had paid for that flight out of my pocket I would have asked for a refund or for credit towards another flight with no expiration date because it really caused me a problem at work and was like torture. I try not to fly at all anymore since that trip.
Dalila C.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Despite the bad press they are having last year, I have no problem flying with them. I travelled with my toddler (just the two of us) for the first time with United and they helped me all the way. They assisted me with my stroller and hand luggage and I am very pleased.

I am also glad that they are doing code share with ANA because the Japanese airline is awesome too and affordable. Attached is a photo taken at the Tokyo Narita Airport when we were bound back to USA from South East Asia.

Thank you United Airlines for being part of our very first journey through together.
Kayla D.
I absolutely hate flying United it's always super expensive and over priced. The last time I flew United they wouldn't let me check my bag so I couldn't take any of my luggage and almost missed my flight having to take my bag back to my car once I did get to the gate they said they didn't know if they could let me on cause the plane was "too heavy" and I had bought my ticket 3 months in advance and it was Thanksgiving so the next couple flights would be full. Once I got on to my original flight we sat on the runway for 3 hours and burned of jet fuel to make the flight lighter. This was out of a very small airport in Lubbock, TX on a clear sunny day so there was no weather disruptions.
madison t.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
What can I say? I fly United airlines only when I have to fly United airlines.
They get you from point A to point B, but it seems like they will find any way possible to add fees and frustration. I was charged $200 when I had to adjust an itinerary due to an interview conflicting with a previously scheduled conference trip just because I wouldn't be using one of the previously scheduled flights. I wasn't cancelling that flight and getting any money back, I simply had to pay extra money to fly less for a trip that didn't even cost much money in the first place.

Essentially it seems like all of the criticisms that people have of airlines can be applied to United specifically.
Adina S.
Rochester, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
United has a bad rep in the news lately, but my own personal experiences with United have been mixed. The few times I have flown with them, I mostly had no delays. The one issue I had with them was when we were rerouted to Albany instead of landing in NYC. We sat there for hours until they told us the flight to NYC was cancelled and their only offer was to get us on a bus to NYC. I ended up taking a train from Albany to Rochester, my final destination, and did not receive any form of compensation. Other times, the customer service has been great. United is not my first choice unless it’s cheapest. At least they provide stroopwafels! Always a plus.
Geena G.
Does United Airlines fly over-seas??
Tracy A.
Lowell, In
Do you feel an airline should have a dress code?
Claire O.
Los Angeles, CA
If you had a choice without taking price into consideration, would you fly United Airlines over any other airline?
Taylor P.
Painesville, OH
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
When is the best time to get a cheap flight?
patricia c.
San Diego, CA
How is the customer service with this company?