BY UNITED AIRLINES #6 in Airlines

• Are they bad to delay flights?8 Answers
  • Anyone else have issues with this airline?7 Answers
  • I have never used this airline before , is it a comfortab...11 Answers
United Airlines
  • "Tickets are always reasonably priced, however, customer service is rather poor and the flight attendants on out last flight were very rude!" in 49 reviews
  • "For the most part the service is okay but usually the flight attendants are rude and unapologetic when they spill water all over you in your sleep because they're reaching over you to get to the person in the middle." in 31 reviews
  • "my absolute favorite airlines there first class is great i havent been in there coach or buisness yet but the first class is so nice they bring you ll this stuff " in 16 reviews
  • "United has a great frequent flyer program and it is relatively easy to get upgrades into first class on domestic flights." in 14 reviews
  • "Any time I have missed my connecting flight, they've been able to accommodate me on the next available flight...or have paid for my overnight stay." in 13 reviews
lauraaa V.
Bay Shore, NY
Worst Airline ever ! I don’t know if it’s because I flew with this airline out of Newark Airport but it was by far the worst experience. My flight got canceled a whole day all because the planes were “backed up”. I flew with this airline because the tickets were cheap, but I had pay for my luggage! Usually they give you at least one free luggage but they didn’t even give me that.
Alison L.
Woburn
The last time I flew United was from LA to Boston. I was disappointed that for such a long flight there was no form of in flight entertainment. Thankfully there was a plug under my seat so I could use my laptop. I was also switched into the flight so I was in the very last row. By the time the food cart made it to me, there was nothing left for meals (and it was an 8am flight)
Tatiana P.
Ithaca, NY
I fly United Airlines 4-6 times a year, in the past 2-3 they've began to offer tower fairs compared to their extremely high prices, but still do not compete with the low prices of Southwest. Unfortunately, they quality of service, bag allowance and snacks have all taken a hit. I have the airline's credit card, and that allows a free checked bag and miles to purchase flights.
Delilah P.
Jefferson City
We recently flew with this airline and had a major delay that nearly caused us to miss our connecting flight. They offered to pay for ground travel to the airport an hour away that we were originally going to fly to. Long story short, the taxi was stuck in traffic for 3 hours, and we barely got to our flight in time. When we arrived at our gate they said that the representatives at the other airport had cancelled our flight. They quickly reissued our tickets but lectured us on how we should have known that that is their policy (to cancel flights they gave us ground transportation to get to??). Also we are still awaiting a refund for the flight that was delayed and that we ultimately didn't take. I will be avoiding this airline in the future.
Sam S.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
United is pretty awful and I choose to never ever fly them, even if it means paying a hundred dollars more to fly with another airline. If you haven’t seen them in the news killing dogs or harassing customers, I’ll tell you from personal experience that they in general are not friendly or accommodating by any means, and their planes are outdated for the most part and dirty.
Haillie B.
Greensboro
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Ha issues with them canceling a connecting flight mid-air recently. No notification about canceled flight and it took hours to get in touch with them to correct the issue. Also, I was quoted one refund amount and was given another, way lower one in reality. Representative was rude about the issue. This was about three months ago, other flights with them have gone smoothly.
Catherine
Flying United isn’t bad, but the luggage prices are a bit high and unreasonable. I had ONE piece of carrying luggage in addition to my checked back, and I was forced to make it an additional checked bag at cost to me. It fit well within the parameters of carryon luggage, so I was highly frustrated. Other than that, the flights I’ve been on with United have been pleasant.
Allie G.
Post Falls, ID
My last flight with them will be my last. They messed up planning my connecting flights and had to delay my day by 8 hours. The one flight I did have to take with them was terrible! So bumpy the flight attendants literally couldn’t walk around-not that I minded-as they were very rude. To top it off, they charged me $25 per carry on-and then lost our luggage. Done.
katelyn y.
Minnesota
And what is everything well everything is United line United one it is the perfect line to travel around the world is my opinion I know that others don't like not in line but everyone has their own opinion so not going to say much American Airlines isn't the best that a matter but I'm only giving it a five-star because I just always go there so I feel like because I am
Cat D.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I almost always fly United because my Dad gets frequent flyer miles for his business travels so I generally get to travel for free. I would say they are much better than frontier or other cheaper airlines. My only problem is that when I flew 10 years ago I was made to feel welcome no matter where I was sitting on the plane. Nowadays, I feel like if you don't pay them to be nice to you, they aren't. I almost always have to check my carry on, because with frequent flyer tickets I am towards the back of the plane, and half the time when I board I see that there would have been plenty of room for every bag that they forced people to check. All it would take is for someone to go back and check and they could make many people's already stressful day much easier.
Geena G.
Does United Airlines fly over-seas??
Tracy A.
Lowell, In
Do you feel an airline should have a dress code?
Claire O.
Los Angeles, CA
If you had a choice without taking price into consideration, would you fly United Airlines over any other airline?
Taylor P.
Painesville, OH
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
When is the best time to get a cheap flight?
patricia c.
San Diego, CA
How is the customer service with this company?