- "Tickets are always reasonably priced, however, customer service is rather poor and the flight attendants on out last flight were very rude!" in 49 reviews
- "For the most part the service is okay but usually the flight attendants are rude and unapologetic when they spill water all over you in your sleep because they're reaching over you to get to the person in the middle." in 31 reviews
- "my absolute favorite airlines there first class is great i havent been in there coach or buisness yet but the first class is so nice they bring you ll this stuff " in 16 reviews
- "United has a great frequent flyer program and it is relatively easy to get upgrades into first class on domestic flights." in 14 reviews
- "Any time I have missed my connecting flight, they've been able to accommodate me on the next available flight...or have paid for my overnight stay." in 13 reviews
The second time, I was delayed by 3 hours, which is always bothersome. I know they're not responsible for things like weather, but this is the only airline I've ever experienced delays with...
Additionally, it is obvious that United milks upgrades for all they're worth. If you want a non-shitty seat, you need to pay extra. Otherwise, you're stuffed in the back of the plane like sardines with hardly any leg room.
On the plus side, I do really like the United Airlines App. It is really helpful when traveling so much, because it keeps all of your flight itineraries very organized for you.
I also like how organized their boarding process is. They have 5 Boarding groups, and typically, they have their 5 lines indicated so it is a seamless and organized boarding process.
If it were my choice, I would not fly United.
Airport check-in has gotten better recently as they have installed self-service kiosks at most of their airports. Once you have boarded and are seated, again, pretty status quo. I haven't had food other than snacks in many years on a United flight so I won't comment on that. Drink selection is pretty varied which is nice and the cost is nice and low as well. Flight attendants are generally friendly and knowledgeable.
Baggage claim can be a nightmare but I think that is more the airport than the airline. Overall, pretty decent experience. Not much different than American or USAirways or any of the others.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos