• Are they bad to delay flights?8 Answers
  • Anyone else have issues with this airline?7 Answers
  • I have never used this airline before , is it a comfortable envir...11 Answers
United Airlines
  • "Tickets are always reasonably priced, however, customer service is rather poor and the flight attendants on out last flight were very rude!" in 49 reviews
  • "For the most part the service is okay but usually the flight attendants are rude and unapologetic when they spill water all over you in your sleep because they're reaching over you to get to the person in the middle." in 31 reviews
  • "my absolute favorite airlines there first class is great i havent been in there coach or buisness yet but the first class is so nice they bring you ll this stuff " in 16 reviews
  • "United has a great frequent flyer program and it is relatively easy to get upgrades into first class on domestic flights." in 14 reviews
  • "Any time I have missed my connecting flight, they've been able to accommodate me on the next available flight...or have paid for my overnight stay." in 13 reviews
Amanda S.
Very friendly and cozy. I always go for the emergency exits seats to have more room. I have children and each time I have flown the crew were all very helpful. Baby items fly free and they tell you to make sure you have all the food and diaper you would need for an entire day in case on an emergency. Because we were going to be away from home for so long with a newborn, this pilot even helped us get everything including a stroller, luggage, diaper bag, car seat and a cooler, for the formula and my father's ensalin, on the plane and back off. Never knew a pilot so nice. I thanked him about a million times. Then at luggage claims we still had so much like a high chair, pack n play and more luggage. They felt so sorry for us the pilot had someone get a golf cart, loaded up our stuff and drove me and my mini me to the rental car agency and requested for our vehicle to be expidited quickly. Best service I have received till this day from ANY place of business! You go Mr. Pilot with your niceness to mothers in need of help!
Sushma S.
Anderson, IN
I wish I could give United negative stars. Every single time I’ve flown United there has been a major issue. The last 3 times I’ve flown United (and yes, I ask myself why I subjected myself to United 3 times) my flight has been delayed by HOURS and ultimately cancelled. There was always finger pointing at the receiving airport or the weather or something. But when I called to get information from the receiving airport, or checked the weather report, everything would always be just fine. It was evident that United was to blame but they absolutely refuse to be held accountable or accept responsibility. Everything is always someone/something else’s fault. There were times when I was traveling just for the weekend, going for a wedding or a funeral (something I could absolutely not miss) and United had delayed the flight so much that it was eventually cancelled. When I called to ask for some compensation they did not offer anything. When asked if I could at least stay in a hotel (I was 2 hours away from home) so that I could catch the first flight in the morning they denied this request as well. Not only was it denied, the man at the counter was extremely rude and laughed in my face at my request. He implied that the request was absurd and asking for too much. They offer nothing to loyal patrons, even when they make a mistake. This airline needs to shut down. They are absolutely garbage. I wouldn’t recommend United to even my worst enemy
Tiffany D.
Mission Hills, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I used to enjoy flying United until I had an experience where my luggage was lost so I began traveling w/ CarryOns. I had booked an upgraded seat and was business and I arrived after my boarding group was called. But when I pulled up they said there was no overhead space so free of charge my CarryOn would now be checked. I wasn’t to easy about it. Then I boarded to see practically EMPTY overheads! That was beyond inconvenient. after that experience it was all down hill.
Recently flew United, being a student the most convenient flights are Basic. first off basic economy flights used to include carry on and now they don’t so that was beyond inconvenient. At the price flights are nowadays you’d think they include carry on. They don’t seat parties together, you can’t pick your seats. You’re paying for the Bare minimum and I don’t that’s appropriate w/ past experience to compare it to. When Everything was included.
Mallory C.
I HATE THIS AIRLINE! I’ve never had good experiences flying with them! 1st time I flew with them was on my way to my honeymoon. They kept delaying and delaying our flight instead of just putting us on a different airline, we lost and entire day of our honeymoon. 2nd time flying to Chicago to watch my husband graduate Navy Bootcamp! I ordered a TSA CERTIFIED carry on sized suitcase and had taken it on other flights with different airline with no problem! They told me I had to check my bag because it was too big EVEN THO THEY MEASURED IT and it was the correct size. I refused, telling them I’m a makeup artist and I travel with too much makeup to check my bag, which is why I bought the carry on! They told me my suit case would BREAK THE PLANE and I would have to pay to fix it ! I said I would pay for any damage my bag made. Fit in the over head compartment with room to spear! In conclusion, every time I’ve flown with them I’ve had an hour or more delay. Since then I’ve never flown them again! I’d rather pay double them fly with United again.
Ali D.
Baltimore, MD
United Airlines is a typical American airliner. The online booking process is pretty smooth and you can reserve and make changes relatively easily. The selection of available flights could be better but the same could be said for most airlines.

Airport check-in has gotten better recently as they have installed self-service kiosks at most of their airports. Once you have boarded and are seated, again, pretty status quo. I haven't had food other than snacks in many years on a United flight so I won't comment on that. Drink selection is pretty varied which is nice and the cost is nice and low as well. Flight attendants are generally friendly and knowledgeable.

Baggage claim can be a nightmare but I think that is more the airport than the airline. Overall, pretty decent experience. Not much different than American or USAirways or any of the others.

Charlie W.
Flying is honestly getting worse and worse, and United is no exception. Seats are thinner and lightweight now. So you’d think “ahh more legroom!” Right? Wrong. They have made the seats as thin as possible, almost zero adjustability on some planes the is literally no adjustability. I’m pretty sure by with all the space they saved by thinning out the seats they actually added an extra row. In flight entertainment is not a thing anymore. What about WiFi? Sure but first you must pay! If after you pay for internet and you find out it isn’t working... Good luck getting a refund. Have your own movies on your mobile device? That’s great but they offer no place to charge it after you use up the battery. And to think flights are getting more and more expensive. For what?
Kaitlyn R.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I've had some good times and not so good times. They like to switch their terminals all the time. It's ok when it's in a small terminal but when you're in a large airport it's a hassle. I can even eat when I fly with them cause the lay over will say 20 mins and I'll think to my self I'll just wait to eat at my next destination but 5 mins later they change the terminal and then there's a 10 minute delay. This goes on for about an hour or so. So this never gives me enough time to find somewhere to relax and eat. Tension fly with them but they are the only one that gets me to my home town without having to drive 2+ hours. Sometimes I choose Southwest Airlines and endure 2+ drive if I don't want to hassle with the layovers
Desiree H.
Ft Oglethorpe, GA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I fly United sometimes because sometimes it is the cheapest for the flight that I need and I really do not like how small the seats are, because I always end up sitting next to a really big person who wants to take up my arm rest and come over into my bubble.. LOL. Or, I sit beside of a screaming baby who is throwing soggy Cheerios on me, or one time, I sat in a seat that smelled VERY strongly of vomit and I was sick the rest of the day from having that smell stuck in my nose. If I could only afford first class... I probably would not fly United ever again because that one flight, though it was many years ago, was so terrible that is has scarred my memory. I should make them pay for therapy it was so traumatic LOL. Everything I've mentioned happened on that same flight, which was a business flight to a show I was supposed to be at for my work and I got so travel sick from the smell and all the traveling that I was not even able to go to the show for the rest of the day and even the next day had the smell of vomit in my nose and kept smelling it. Someone must have been sick on the previous flight and they did not bother to even sterilize it. If I had known better, or if I had paid for that flight out of my pocket I would have asked for a refund or for credit towards another flight with no expiration date because it really caused me a problem at work and was like torture. I try not to fly at all anymore since that trip.
Gina K.
spring, tx
When I travel internationally, the difference between first and economy is so huge. I avoid this airline unless I’m traveling business or First.

It’s cramped in economy. The food is they serve any is subpar. They serve a cold muffin for breakfast on a 6 hr flight.

First class on Lufthansa for a 2 hr flight was a full meal, hot breads and the flight attendant took the time to remember my name. Ok that’s not fair. Fine...

Lufthansa would have served a hot meal on a 6hr Flight.

Internationally, United has to bring up their game.

Domestically, I’d say they are second behind Delta. (See my review on Delta) but sometimes I need the connections and flight schedules and it’s United that has that. Smart move United. Smart move.
Nahomi S.
El Paso, TX
I had a horrible experience with this airline. I traveled to Thailand at the beginning of this year, because I was 6 months pregnant and we did multiple stops (not their fault) from LA to San Francisco they delayed our plane for 3 hours, risking our itinerary. Finally we get to San Francisco and we hace to run like crazy to be able to get in our connection flight, only to get stuck 1 hour at the actual plane and to be deplaned. The reason was a technical issue, and the next available flight was almost 24hours later! We had to sleep on the airport because every hotel in town was full (not their fault either) FYI they did offer to reimburse the money for a hotel if we could find one. The next day we finally leave and when we get to our next stop at Singapore the new airline won't let us get in our flight because they records indicated we still had a balance on our tickets, which wasn't true. We went back and forth between airlines only to miss our flight again and to realize that the people from United airlines at San Francisco didn't reschedule our new flights correctly. In total I lost 2 days of vacations at Thailand but after contacting customer service they apologized and sent some vouchers for future flights that we already used. I would give the company 5 stars because they did make it up to us, but it was one problem after another.
Geena G.
Does United Airlines fly over-seas??
Tracy A.
Lowell, In
Do you feel an airline should have a dress code?
Claire O.
Los Angeles, CA
If you had a choice without taking price into consideration, would you fly United Airlines over any other airline?
Taylor P.
Painesville , OH
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
When is the best time to get a cheap flight?
patricia c.
San Diego, CA
How is the customer service with this company?