BY UNITED AIRLINES #7 in Airlines

• Are they bad to delay flights?8 Answers
  • Anyone else have issues with this airline?7 Answers
  • I have never used this airline before , is it a comfortab...11 Answers
United Airlines
  • "Tickets are always reasonably priced, however, customer service is rather poor and the flight attendants on out last flight were very rude!" in 49 reviews
  • "For the most part the service is okay but usually the flight attendants are rude and unapologetic when they spill water all over you in your sleep because they're reaching over you to get to the person in the middle." in 31 reviews
  • "my absolute favorite airlines there first class is great i havent been in there coach or buisness yet but the first class is so nice they bring you ll this stuff " in 16 reviews
  • "United has a great frequent flyer program and it is relatively easy to get upgrades into first class on domestic flights." in 14 reviews
  • "Any time I have missed my connecting flight, they've been able to accommodate me on the next available flight...or have paid for my overnight stay." in 13 reviews
J’aime g.
Orlando
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Flew united to Hawaii from Orlando for my honeymoon. The way there was great. However on the was back we only have a 30 minute layover to change planes and when we went to board the second flight they said I have to check my bag, even know I paid for upgraded seats. I couldn’t believe this. I asked the flight attendants if could check and they were completely rude! Even yanking my bag from me. When I got aboard the flight all of the overhead bins were available. I have no idea why they were being so awful. The flight attendant even said if I didn’t like it she could remove me. I wasn’t even talking to and she yelled this down the isle. My bag is carry on size and I don’t check my bags when traveling. I travel about ten time a year and I have never been treated this way on top of buying up graded seat on a already expensive flight.
Hailey A.
Los Angeles , CA
United Airlines was by far the worst airlines I have ever flown. I had a broken leg and two broken arms from a hit and run car accident so I was in a wheelchair and using crutches since I wasn’t very mobile. While in the wheelchair at the airport, they literally forgot me several times. The person pushing me around would get distracted and leave me then another person would find me randomly and then do the same thing. Even when boarding the plane, I asked for help and one person told me that it wasn’t their job and they walked away, just completely leaving me there. By the time I finally got on the plane, the flight attendant was frustrated helping me put my carryon bag and crutches in the overhead compartment and actually dropped my crutches on my head and one of my broken arms. She didn’t apologize or even acknowledge what she did. No one offered me help off the plane or with my bags and crutches which made me late to my connecting flight. United Airlines was by far the worst flying experience I have ever had.
Sara H.
Encinitas, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I fly a lot in my life using different airlines, and I have to say, my experience with United has been the worst of them yet. Both times in the last month that I've flown with United, my flights have gotten significantly delayed. The first time, it messed up my connecting flight (which was the last flight out of the night). Because I would've missed my connecting flight and there were no other flights out of San Francisco that night, my travel arrangements got pushed back BY DAYS! They were not able to get me on a flight without putting me on multiple waiting lists. They were not accommodating in helping me out either.

The second time, I was delayed by 3 hours, which is always bothersome. I know they're not responsible for things like weather, but this is the only airline I've ever experienced delays with...

Additionally, it is obvious that United milks upgrades for all they're worth. If you want a non-shitty seat, you need to pay extra. Otherwise, you're stuffed in the back of the plane like sardines with hardly any leg room.

On the plus side, I do really like the United Airlines App. It is really helpful when traveling so much, because it keeps all of your flight itineraries very organized for you.

I also like how organized their boarding process is. They have 5 Boarding groups, and typically, they have their 5 lines indicated so it is a seamless and organized boarding process.

If it were my choice, I would not fly United.

Charlie S.
Fenton, IL
Though you may be able to find a good price for tickets, you get what you pay for. My husband and I flew from Chicago to Oahu with United and it was the worst flying experience I have ever had. The seats were so small and hard, especially for a 6-7 hour flight. United overbooked our flight and they needed ten people to give up their seats. TEN! Our flight didn’t take off for almost an hour and a half after boarding because of this dilemma. The flight Attendants were very rude and short with everyone. This experience was awful, But unfortunately it’s only one of many bad experiences I have had with this company. I would rather pay extra money for the same flight with a different airline rather than give this company my business ever again.
Sushma S.
Anderson, IN
I wish I could give United negative stars. Every single time I’ve flown United there has been a major issue. The last 3 times I’ve flown United (and yes, I ask myself why I subjected myself to United 3 times) my flight has been delayed by HOURS and ultimately cancelled. There was always finger pointing at the receiving airport or the weather or something. But when I called to get information from the receiving airport, or checked the weather report, everything would always be just fine. It was evident that United was to blame but they absolutely refuse to be held accountable or accept responsibility. Everything is always someone/something else’s fault. There were times when I was traveling just for the weekend, going for a wedding or a funeral (something I could absolutely not miss) and United had delayed the flight so much that it was eventually cancelled. When I called to ask for some compensation they did not offer anything. When asked if I could at least stay in a hotel (I was 2 hours away from home) so that I could catch the first flight in the morning they denied this request as well. Not only was it denied, the man at the counter was extremely rude and laughed in my face at my request. He implied that the request was absurd and asking for too much. They offer nothing to loyal patrons, even when they make a mistake. This airline needs to shut down. They are absolutely garbage. I wouldn’t recommend United to even my worst enemy
angela m.
I love their food affords though but it’s a bit pricey and it’s not a lot. I hate their WiFi’s like u have to pay and the movie or with the subtitles tho which is lame. I don’t like their airplane service cuz I went on this Airline a few years ago with my family to New York buffalo but guess what? We had to get stuck in Newark New York, and they apologized and gave us hotel discount or something and then we finally land there but the truth is we have landed in different places which I’m cool with loll but I’m so disappointed that I had to ride in a rental car from San Diego to Los Angeles!!! Cuz the lax airport for this airline broke down and it’s so disappointing cuz I could have missed my school the next day. I like the Chicago stop by though and the Illinois lol and Newark New York. I haven’t travel on plane for a long time since I had been traveling on cruise twice and it’s lovely compared to the airplanes
Jamie J.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I am not a fan of United since I traveled to India with my family. We had four sets together and while checking in they told us we were all in different rows in the middle seat of the airplane. I had a five and four year old. They moved someone to allow my four year old to sit next to me, but we had to beg people and the flight attendant had to offer free merchandise to people to change seats with my five year old so she could sit next to her father. Luckily a Dr w/o Boarders volunteer was on the plane. She was the only person willing to move to stop my frightened child from crying. She later informed my husband that another United Flight she was on this happened to and she gave up her seat on that one too. They sold our seats to someone else and disregarded my children’s age and the fact that they could not sit by themselves. Since then I have avoided using them. No customer service.
Ali D.
Baltimore, MD
United Airlines is a typical American airliner. The online booking process is pretty smooth and you can reserve and make changes relatively easily. The selection of available flights could be better but the same could be said for most airlines.

Airport check-in has gotten better recently as they have installed self-service kiosks at most of their airports. Once you have boarded and are seated, again, pretty status quo. I haven't had food other than snacks in many years on a United flight so I won't comment on that. Drink selection is pretty varied which is nice and the cost is nice and low as well. Flight attendants are generally friendly and knowledgeable.

Baggage claim can be a nightmare but I think that is more the airport than the airline. Overall, pretty decent experience. Not much different than American or USAirways or any of the others.

Carmen Z.
Sandy
I have flown United many a time and I actually just flew with them from SLC to Memphis last weekend and the trip in the air was great. I do have to say that I do not care for their new maple cookies they give for snacks (I mean am I the only one that looks forward to pretzels on a plane?)

The flight attendants were great and when the flight was delayed after we had boarded the pilot apologized and offered the entire flight free wifi for the trip for the inconvenience.

My fiance and I had been bumped up to first class which was great and made sitting on the plane waiting for paperwork seem a little less of an inconvenience.
Livia F.
Stratford, CT
My experiences with them haven't been as bad as those of other people, but I'm definitely not a fan. In terms of inflight comfort its on par with other airlines of the same caliber, but customer service is awful. During one flight takeoff was delayed due to a rainstorm and then a problem with the plane, and we were kept sitting on the tarmac for hours with no information (the flight attendants actually seemed to be hiding from us), and when someone did finally speak with us we were told they didn't know if the flight would leave or not but we should get on our phones and try to reschedule our connecting flights - all without telling us when we should aim to reschedule for. Staff showed no sympathy for the customers who had been sitting for hours with no information and didn't even bother to offer us water. Do not recommend.
Geena G.
Does United Airlines fly over-seas??
Tracy A.
Lowell, In
Do you feel an airline should have a dress code?
Claire O.
Los Angeles, CA
If you had a choice without taking price into consideration, would you fly United Airlines over any other airline?
Taylor P.
Painesville, OH
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
When is the best time to get a cheap flight?
patricia c.
San Diego, CA
How is the customer service with this company?