BY UNISOM #27 in Sleep & Snoring Aids

60 Nights of Sleep. Safe, Non-Habit Forming. Fall asleep fast. Sleep soundly. Wake refreshed. #1 Pharmacist recommended ingredient. see more...

• has anyone else used this for an extended period of time? i have ...3 Answers
Megan B.
Wellness Guru Expert
This is my go to sleeping pill. I have some pretty bad insomnia and cannot take my prescribed sleeping pills because they make me sleep walk/talk/drive. (Yeah. Crazy sleep adventures.) These help me fall asleep within thirty minutes to an hour and helps me stay asleep until my alarm or son wakes me up. I am drowsy when I wake up but that's even if I don't take sleeping pills. The only complaint I have is it usually makes my legs spasm right before falling asleep. Otherwise, no complaints.
Sara A.
Bremerton, WA
I took these for the first time last night. I generally am not a fan of sleeping pills. I read some reviews on line immediately after taking and was a bit scared. However, I fell asleep in about a half an hour and slept for 5 1/2 hours straight until my alarm went off. I did not have any trouble waking up and I did not have any drowsiness after taking these pills. I received them as a free sample from pinchme.com, but now that I have tried them I would purchase and use again if needed.
Marissa H.
Bakersfield, CA
At first I would take 1 and then fall asleep withing the hour but now I take 3 a night and still don't get tired. I have severe insomnia so it's harder to find a product that works for ME. but for those who don't have insomnia that is that bad I do recommend this because it does work. Also my tolerance is higher because I've taken them for like 2 years straight every night.
Ashley G.
Winston Salem , NC
I got these on clearance at a grocery store and wasn't sure if I should even expect much. I take Benadryl every night and usually am pretty content with that. These are amazing and worth triple what I paid for them. They help you get to sleep quickly, keep me asleep, and I feel fine the next day. (I see some folks don't...) I will definitely buy again, and again!
Bre S.
Jacksonville, FL
Wellness Guru Expert
This is one of the best sleeping pills I've had aside from zzzquil. It is cheap and fast acting. The gel ones I prefer due to easier to swallow and work very quickly. The next day j do not feel drowsy either
Jamie M.
New Orleans, LA
I like these because they work. They put me to sleep and keep me asleep. However, I don't like the groggy feeling they leave me with the next day.
Rebeca H.
West New York, NJ
This is the best.. If you are looking to wake up brand new this is the product for you! It gets you a bit dizzy but the feeling is great
gabbyluna
San Antonio, Texas
In My opinion I personally think it's not strong enough since it takes me 2/3hours to fall asleep & wake up again.
Angelina C.
I'm a regular sleep aid user. I usually rotate between Melatonin and store brand Zquil in liquid form to make sure I don't get too used to one kind so that they don't lose effectiveness. So when I had the chance to try a new sleep aid for free -I received a free sample- I jumped on it! It was one Unisom SleepGel, which I like a lot, gelcaps are my favorite in terms of types of options available. Anyway, I took it and it made me sleepy in a reasonable amount of time. Not too fast, not too slow. I took it right before I started getting ready for bed and had to put the kids and had a good 15 minutes in bed on my phone before I decided to put it down and let the slumber take me away hahaha. It didn't knock me out when it kicked in, I don't like the thought of just passing out on the spot once a sleep aid kicks in. But I could feel this one working and when I was ready to close my eyes and go to sleep, that is exactly what I did and it was glorious. Now I can't remember why I woke up early that morning, I think I was getting over a cold and maybe started coughing. That combined with the dog whining or something, but something woke me up a couple hours earlier than normal, and I was really surprised to feel ZERO grogginess. There is not one sleep aid that I currently take that doesn't have some sort of lasting effect on me in the morning, so I plan ahead by either making sure to take it early enough or taking a half dose if it's a little later. But with the Unisom SleepGel, I was completely refreshed, and completely surprised about that. It was fabulous! Mind you, I've only had the opportunity to take it one time. But I am definitely interested in taking it again in the future. I did read on the packaging that it said you shouldn't take it for extended periods of time, so that was the only negative for me, i can't really add it to my sleep aid arsenal as one of the regulars, but I'd happily buy it and use it on occasion as needed.

I received a free sample of Unisom SleepGels from PinchMe in exchange for an honest review.
Jasmin S.
Wellness Guru Expert
This is one of my favorite sleep aids ever. It makes me feel so relaxed and forget about all the stress of the day. They are also very easy to swallow. Highly recommend.
Sara E.
Madison, TN
has anyone else used this for an extended period of time? i have insomnia, obviously and can't always afford prescription sleep aid. After taking this for a while, I usually have to take more than 2 for any effect. Sometimes though, it seems to make me jittery rather than help me with sleep. Does this happen for anyone else?