BY UNISOM #41 in Sleep & Snoring Aids

60 Nights of Sleep. Safe, Non-Habit Forming. Fall asleep fast. Sleep soundly. Wake refreshed. #1 Pharmacist recommended ingredient. see more...

• has anyone else used this for an extended period of time? i have ...3 Answers
Angelina C.
I'm a regular sleep aid user. I usually rotate between Melatonin and store brand Zquil in liquid form to make sure I don't get too used to one kind so that they don't lose effectiveness. So when I had the chance to try a new sleep aid for free -I received a free sample- I jumped on it! It was one Unisom SleepGel, which I like a lot, gelcaps are my favorite in terms of types of options available. Anyway, I took it and it made me sleepy in a reasonable amount of time. Not too fast, not too slow. I took it right before I started getting ready for bed and had to put the kids and had a good 15 minutes in bed on my phone before I decided to put it down and let the slumber take me away hahaha. It didn't knock me out when it kicked in, I don't like the thought of just passing out on the spot once a sleep aid kicks in. But I could feel this one working and when I was ready to close my eyes and go to sleep, that is exactly what I did and it was glorious. Now I can't remember why I woke up early that morning, I think I was getting over a cold and maybe started coughing. That combined with the dog whining or something, but something woke me up a couple hours earlier than normal, and I was really surprised to feel ZERO grogginess. There is not one sleep aid that I currently take that doesn't have some sort of lasting effect on me in the morning, so I plan ahead by either making sure to take it early enough or taking a half dose if it's a little later. But with the Unisom SleepGel, I was completely refreshed, and completely surprised about that. It was fabulous! Mind you, I've only had the opportunity to take it one time. But I am definitely interested in taking it again in the future. I did read on the packaging that it said you shouldn't take it for extended periods of time, so that was the only negative for me, i can't really add it to my sleep aid arsenal as one of the regulars, but I'd happily buy it and use it on occasion as needed.

I received a free sample of Unisom SleepGels from PinchMe in exchange for an honest review.
Sada H.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
Review for: Liquid Filled more...
I’m so happy I have started to take Unisom to help me fall asleep. I am four months pregnant and often far too uncomfortable to fall asleep. It takes approx 30 mins to take effect but I sleep through the night and have no problems waking up.
Melissa M.
Aguilar, CO
Review for: 16 more...
I bought these the other day because I have been having some issues not falling asleep but staying asleep an I took them an got the best night sleep I had in about two weeks definitely recommend this
Patty F.
Oakdale, PA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I usually have a hard time getting to sleep. When I was offered the chance to try UNISOM SLEEPGELS, I jumped at the opportunity. I am very picky about what sleeping aids I take because some of them leave me feeling like a zombie the next day. After taking these UNISOM SLEEPGELS, I was asleep quickly and actually slept all thru the night. When I woke up in the morning, I felt like a million bucks. The gels are easy to take and they worked great! I definitely recommend them to anyone that is looking to get a good nights sleep! I was provided with a free sample of this product for testing and reviewing from PinchMe. All thoughts and opinions are my own!
Gail D.
Philadelphia, PA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
This is my favorite sleeping aid! This is the only medication approved by my OBGYN that i could take while pregnant! In your third trimester is it so hard to stay asleep and get comfortable. This was a lifesaver for me! I was afraid that I was going to feel groggy the next morning but I felt amazing! No after effects or drowsiness the next day. Highly recommend it to anyone having sleeping problems and pregnant women!
Grace B.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I have received a free Unisom product from PINCHme for my honest review. Before my husband took the Unisom SleepGels, he allowed himself to have plenty of sleep hours that night. He took the SleepGel and fell asleep without any problem. However, it didn't keep him stay asleep and woke up many times. He slept about 8 1/2 hours and was feeling drowsy most of the morning. We were quite disappointed but we also heard that they worked for some people. We think it might be some of the ingredients not work for my husband.
Melody R.
Seattle, WA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
This Is a complete marketing gimmick. You would be just as well-served with a store brand of benedryl because it is the EXACT same thing. I got it as a sample from PinchMe and it worked about as well as you'd expect benedryl to work. It made me a little tired but didn't improve the speed at which I fell asleep nor the quality of sleep I got.
Kelli N.
Ferndale, WA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I have horrible insomnia and have tried so many different sleep aids; natural, unnatural, myths, advice from family, friends, the person behind me in the grocery store line.....then I came across Unisom sleep gel. Took about an hour, but the minute I put my head on that pillow and closed my eyes, I was asleep and I stayed asleep all night long. It was AMAZING!! I recommend to ANYONE who has issues with falling asleep and/or staying asleep.
Chandria B.
Huntington, WV
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
I don't think the Unisom Sleepgels really did anything for me. I was able to fall asleep reasonably quickly and sleep the whole night through, but I didn't wake up feeling rested. It was like I was passed out, not asleep. My body might have gotten rest, but my mind wasn't able to and I was tired all the next day. However, most other sleep aids don't help me either.
Stephanie H.
Punta Gorda, FL
I have used alot of different sleep aides and this was recommended to me. It relaxed me and before I knew it I was asleep. I have a hard time staying asleep and when I take this product I stay asleep. I don't feel groggy in the morning which is very important to me. If your having trouble sleeping give unisom gel a try!
Sara E.
Madison , TN
has anyone else used this for an extended period of time? i have insomnia, obviously and can't always afford prescription sleep aid. After taking this for a while, I usually have to take more than 2 for any effect. Sometimes though, it seems to make me jittery rather than help me with sleep. Does this happen for anyone else?