Uncle Ben's Butter and Garlic Ready Rice  uploaded by Marijane G.Uncle Ben's Butter and Garlic Ready Rice  uploaded by Caterina R.

BY UNCLE BEN'S BUTTER AND GARLIC READY RICE

• What other Uncle Ben's Ready Rice flavors do you like?3 Answers
Danielle N.
Beaver, OH
The smell of this rice was almost too much to even try it. From the moment I opened the bag, it had a very strong smell. I decided to give it a try any way and it did not taste any better than it smelled. I did not get a garlic or butter flavor from this at all. It just tasted like fake something, not even sure what.
Himashi A.
Richmond, VA
Uncle Ben's Ready Rice offerings are fast cooking side dishes. Put the pouch in the microwave for ninety seconds, and it's done. So easy even a Potato Head can do it.
A serving size has 4 grams of fat, .5 of them saturated fat. A pouch contains two servings, each serving said to have 220 calories.

For two adults and a child, the pouch should have just enough to satisfy all three unless one of the adults is a glutton like me.

The Ready Rice an also be prepared in a skillet, and in my opinion is tastier prepared that way. The butter and garlic flavored rice is subtley flavored, not overwhelming at all. I like mine mixed with some frozen peas.

The grains of rice are soft and do not stick together like some rices do. A little pricey, but the Uncle Ben's Ready Rice gets a thumb's up from this Potato Head.
Ashley S.
Findlay, OH
This is one of my favorite flavors! So delicious and simple. These packs are easy to prepare! I have a 15 minute lunch (oh the joys of teaching!) and this 90 second prep time is awesome. It's also easy to handle. I do wish there was an easier way to eat it from the container. I usually bring my own bowl to dump it into. This is usually a one serving size as my lunch.
Terry O.
Two Rivers, WI
This is a great option vs. using our rice cooker when we're getting home late from work and we want rice with dinner. Have used this many, many times and have never been disappointed with the taste or texture. Highly recommended for rice done quickly.
Amy-Greg B.
Chesterfield, VA
I was very skeptical of this product. But after trying this I would recommend! It is great for a fast meal. We also like taking them camping. We just open the bag and heat in a pot for a quick and easy side dish.
Barbara V.
Addison, IL
Great for when you're in a hurry and not inspired to think up a side dish. I've also used it for making a main meal by adding ground meat, diced tomato and anything else that struck my fancy at the time. They have a lot of varieties and all taste good.
Lauren x.
I am in love with this stuff. If you're looking for an fast & easy to make side dish for dinner then get one of these. The butter one is my least favorite though i might add. But all the others taste amazing.
Robin N.
I am always in need of a "quick" meal for lunch at work. Uncle Ben rice fits that need. The butter and garlic is one of my favorite. I like that the rice isn't dry, but moist and flavorful
Jasmine B.
Marietta, GA
They are convenient but the flavor is off. It doesn't taste like a fresh pot of rice should. You can definitely taste that is packaged side dish and not made from scratch.
Karen S.
Weatherford, OK
This rice is great! There is the perfect amount of flavoring and it makes any snack or lunch even better. I love eating this because it's quick and easy.
Melissa C.
Albany, NY
What other Uncle Ben's Ready Rice flavors do you like?