Ultra Downy Free Gentle Liquid Fabric Softener

No dyes, no perfumes—no worries. Ultra Downy Free & Gentle unscented fabric conditioner protects clothes from stretching, fading, and fuzz—while adding softness.

Is this safe for infants?
How is this for sensitive skin?
I've never tried this does it have a smell? Does it work ?
Start your review of Ultra Downy Free Gentle Liquid Fabric Softener!
Chino, CA
As a family full of sensitive skin we love using Ultra Downy Free and Gentle. It protects our clothing (keeping shape, softness and looking brand new) AS WELL as our skin! There's nothing worse than having a full body reaction to freshly laundered clothing. The itchiness the blotchy skin... you get the point, there's nothing worse than having to stay in clothes that cause a reaction with your sensitive skin. We as a family were cautious about choosing a fabric conditioner (for the most point we avoided using one for years) however we spend a lot of money on well made and name brand clothing so we must take care of them to keep them looking fresh, new and not stretched out and faded. We used Uktra Downy Free and Gentle and were quite surprised with the results! It keeps our clothing fresh, bright and brand new looking (and feeling). Our clothing is softer yet strong. And most important, our skin loves it! It's gentle on our sensitive skin and well worth the purchase! We use nothing but Ultra Downy Free and Gentle... For those with sensitive skin, this is the fabric conditioner for you!!! IT IS AMAZING. We love it. Our clothes love it.
Manteca, CA
My favorite fabric softener, hands down. After being diagnosed with psoriasis a few years ago, I decided to switch to free and clean products for my clothes, bedding and towels. It has helped. This fabric softener does what it says and keeps my clothes soft. Also, without all of the heavy scents of most fabric softeners, I can smell only my perfume. There is no conflicting scents going on. I love to wear perfume, so this is win win for me. My son would rather his laundry to be scented, so I use the cool cotton scent for him, by downy. We’ve been brand loyal to downy for 20 years.
Pittston, PA
1,242 reviews
No dyes, no perfumes, no worries: Downy Fabric Conditioner is hypoallergenic and dermatologist-tested - perfect for those with sensitive skin. Made with the same Downy conditioning protection you know and love, Downy Free & Gentle helps prevent clothes from stretching, fading, and fuzz. So you can enjoy a gentler, scentless softness for all your fabrics. Safe for sensitive skin Free of dyes and perfumes Dermatologist-tested and hypoallergenic Conditions to help prevent stretching, fading, and fuzz Compatible with HE machines
Louisville, KY
I’m giving this Ultra Downy Free & Gentle Fabric Softener 4 stars mainly for the purpose and fact that it DOES NOT break out my skin. Between having allergies, and super sensitive skin it can be hard to find new household products when you’ve been using the same things for years. But this is great and does not break me out at all. Although I don’t want to say I’ve noticed my clothes being any softer than usual.
Louisville, KY
Purchased at: Walmart
My parents have used this fabric softener forever, so when I moved out, I thought it was a no-brainer to use it too. I have sensitive skin and sometimes easily react to detergents and laundry products, and this fabric softener doesn’t cause any of that for me. My only complaint is that I realized using fabric softener on my scrubs caused them to pill, but that was more of a user error than something wrong with the product. Love the smell!
Phoenix, AZ
Downy Free & Gentle is the only fabric softener I will use.  It's not blue or heavily scented and I feel the clothes just seems cleaner with it instead of the regular Downy or any other fabric softeners.  I would definitely recommend this to anyone who densest like fragrances laundry or who has infants and small children they want to expose to less dyes and scents.
Clinton, TN
Amazing product! Rcommended by my dermatologist because of a bumpy rash I had that wouldn't go away. Once I started using scent and dye-free detergent & fabric softener, my skin cleared upto clear up within days. A must for anyone who has skin conditions or sensitive skin. Does the job just as well as any scented softener. Highly recommend. Will always be using this product.
Las Vegas , NV
I love using downy free and gentle. I love it because i can wash a load of clothes for me and my newborn at the same time and not have to worry about her having any sensitive skin or irritation.! There’s no scent so you don’t have to worry about a headache if you’re sensitive to smells. Downy free and clear Keeps our clothes nice a soft. it’s really Great stuff!
San Benito, TX
I was recommended this by a friend who has very sensitive skin & I really love the product! I tend to spend most of my time cleaning the house & jogging up the wash room on my days off. The scent it light and makes the room smell fresh! I personally don’t have sensitive skin but I’ll be sure to continue using it when I have my little girl. Definitely recommend!
I love the  Ultra Downy Free Gentle Liquid Fabric Softener especially for my sheets, blankets, and comforters. I only use about half of what is recommended and it still works great. I like the Free and Gentle because it doesn't have all the stuff the regular fabric softeners have and the scent is fresh and light. It helps with wrinkles too!