BY ULTA #1 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Desiree V.
5068 Rodeo Cir Antioch CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I thought highly of this place because it’s a all in one stop shot they do hair makeup and waxing make up ect but so far they have not please me with there service I felt like everything I was looking at they were trying to upsell me don’t recommend
Alexandria F.
Tampa, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
If I could leave a review lower than 1 star, I would. I had the WORST experience there. The lady basically forced my to try a skincare line that she kept saying was all natural. It wasn't because I had a reaction to it and my face turned bright red and it burnt my skin. Then I went to wash it off and she tried to get me to wash it off with some of that same product. I HATE THIS STORE. If you value your looks, don't go there.
Kylie B.
Klamath Falls, OR
Beauty Junkie Expert
I hate this store. I have had nothing but bad customer service and bad experiences when I shop here. This place suck!
kai f.
Beauty Junkie Expert
It’s cool that they sale high end brands as well as drug store brands but I just hate the environment in every single ulta I’ve ever been to the associates act so rude and snobby towards me and I just hate it. They never act like they want to help me and they don’t ever have what I’m looking for. The only reason I went there recently is because my boyfriend didn’t really know there was a difference in ulta and Sephora and got me a gift card to ulta.
Man idk what else to say aside from this place needs to hire kinder people to represent the store. I would absolutely tell anyone to go to Sephora instead of wasting money here.
Jennifer H.
Greeley, CO
Beauty Junkie Expert
This setting spray wiped my makeup out! My makeup lasts longer on my face without this tacky spray! Do not buy
Angela A.
Beauty Junkie Expert
The deals are okay but the people working at Ulta are so stuck up. I feel like they look down on you. I'll go somewhere else to get my products. I've been on there multiple times and i've had it. Never shopping there again.
Karri P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
For me, customer service was always hit or miss. Either the entire staff was either nice or entirely rude/indifferent. The last straw was NYE. The app said they had the Modern Ren palette was in stock. I went in and couldn't find it. I asked for assistance. All the girls on the floor were doing each other's make up and couldn't even get up to help me. The girl in charge says the app will always tell you a product is in stock to get you in store (not true). I called corporate and was told that is not true. The rep apologized and promised a DM would contact me within 24 hrs. Gave them benifit of the doubt because of the holiday. Tried for three days to follow up via social media. Never heard from DM. Done with them. On the other hand anytime I'm in a Sephora, the stiff go out of there way for me. Offer makeovers, samples, advice. Ulta may have a better reward program, but if rather spend my money where I'm appreciated.
Delaney B.
South Hadley
Beauty Junkie Expert
If I could put zero stars I would. They are unwilling to make an exception in the name of customer service. Terrible customer service. No thanks I'll take my money to Sephora instead. Too many rules and exceptions for sales.
Jennifer J.
Brunswick, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Mmmm where to start. I love love love shopping and Ulta is/// was one of my favorites. My sister has dementia we were at a local store and she had her bag for shopping and her purse and when your shopping and your carting 2 bags and accidentally put products into her purse instead of the shopping bag and the lady comes out screaming I SEEN THAT I SEEN THAT, I'm calling police give me give me what's in your purse....... my sister confused & was in shock to realize she put items in her purse and not shopping bag, as I'm trying to explain she tells us to leave with out ever returning she has a disease and had every intention of purchasing her items. It will be a while before I shop there again! The store was full of people and embarrassing. She wouldn't even let me speak to explain her condition...... for god sakes My sister is a platinum member with a credit card... I almost wanted to call or email the franchise and get this woman fired but part of me thinks why???? What if she's a single mom why even waste my time........ It's been months and I can't get myself to go back or call the lady to explain.
I'll never shop at that specific store again!
Mariselda J.
Oxnard, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've only been in Ulta a few times,it's a good and bad experience. I usually get what I need and get out as soon as I can. I really like the fact that they carry both high end and drugstore products,but the customer service sucks. The second time I went there,I went with a friend and one of the sales associates was very rude,we went home without buying anything! I really try to avoid this store as much as possible. I wouldn't recommend it because of my experiences but,I know some people like it.
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Lynnsay B.
Pekin, IN
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?