BY ULTA #2 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?455 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Vanessa S.
I've lived in Hawaii the past 6 years & Ulta seems to have popped up all over the mainland while I've been gone. I have yet to see an Ulta store in person but, I spend more money on their site than anywhere else. Everything I've ordered has been perfect, they carry all my favorite brands, & their own brand of beauty products is comparable to any drugstore brand out there.
Bea A.
One just opened recently around where I live (Concord,CA) and I recently went in to shop for Mother's Day and all I can say is I was very overwhelmed the staff was very helpful and friendly as well. Even if I took so long trying to figure out which perfume to get my mom (she's very simple) I left the store satisfied and plus, free stuff that came along with my purchase!
Jeincy P.
Woodbridge , VA
I went during my lunch one day with a co-worker and was very surprised at my finds! I was looking for their store brand mascara (the extension lash) I was willing to pay whatever it cost but then it was on sale and I was very pleased! I looked at their large selection of clearance and was blown away. The reason I didn't give this an A is because of the customer wasn't as great as I hoped, I wasn't greeted and nobody asked if they could help me look for something. Overall though, my trip was very productive.
Kimberly S.
Stratford, Wi
I would shop Ulta more but when they only offer coupons on the drugstore items (which are move expensive there to begin with) it is a bit frustrating when you can either go to other boutique stores and get coupons on any item or by directly from the coupon for less or get better free items with your purchase. they also do not honor coupons from other sources (i.e. not Ulta coupons). They have also color match me wrong and I was out the time and money to have to return to the store to return the items.
Keegan S.
Cleveland, OH
I don't go to Ulta very often, because it is not close to my house. When I do go, I've always found exactly what I was looking for. They have tons of name brand hair and makeup products, on top of their own brand. Some Ultas also have salons! Their cosmetologists are actually quite skilled. Although this store is a great place to shop, it is not as high-end as Sephora.
Kaylynn R.
Cridersville, OH
I loved Ulta so much that I got a job there. While I don't work there anymore, I still thoroughly enjoy their products and their store. They have really great deals most of the time and coupons to use along with those deals. Their reward program is awesome, too! Definitely a one-stop-shop for your drug store makeup, high end makeup, fragrance, and hair care products.
Baylie S.
Let me start by saying I love the concept of joining drugstore and high end together in one store. They have a nice selection and okay prices. Let me also say that customer service can make or break you. And Ulta has TERRIBLE customer service. The managers are just as rude and careless as the employees. I would much rather go out to Sephora which is not close to my house.
Whitney S.
I go here when I need to restock my beauty products because they often have great sales. It seems that they do not mark up the products. They have regular drugstore brands and also professional brands so I can really compare brands and find exactly what I am looking for. Coupons are always available on their website so it is usually cheaper than buying at a regular store.
Megan M.
Grand Rapids, MI
I actually like Ulta better than Sephora. Sephora offers deluxe samples with a $25 purchase which is cool, but with Ulta, I got a 3 step skin care system which was great! With both sites you get 3 free samples with each order, Ulta doesn't let you choose, but I feel like they were better sized samples. Anyways, I love Ulta and will definitely purchase from them again.
Molly M.
Freehold, NJ
By far one of my favorite stores for high end and low end products. Their rewards program is amazing, even better? The money you are rewarded with can be used in pair with coupons and their sales! The staff might not be the most educated in certain things, but it is nice to see them at least try. They are always friendly. Not to mention ULTA has an amazing return policy!
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?
Lynnsay B.