BY ULTA #1 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?457 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Neve S.
I have been going to Ulta from past few years and I really like the store. One main reason of liking the store is that you an get high end makeup and drug store makeup under one roof. Secondly you also get other things like shampoo, hair accessories, makeup accessories, hair color, all kinds of creams and lot of other things.
Kellie M.
Tampa, FL
What's not to love about Ulta? That's what I think of them, they have drug store brands as well as specialty brands all under one roof. You can find NYX cosmetics there which are extremely reasonable & if you want brands like Urban Decay, you can get them there as well. They also carry a few brands that I've not seen at Department Stores i.e. Iman's makeup line. Anything beauty related from Shampoo to pedicures sets, you're going to find at Ulta.
Ashton A.
This is a great store. I love that they have both drugstore and high end products. I do order from them on occasion. However, honestly I do use Sephora a lot more often. I will shop there again as they do have some things Sephora doesn't, like drugstore brands!
Adrienne D.
Los Angeles, CA
Ulta carries an array of high-end and drugstore brands of makeup, perfume, styling tools, etc. They often have $3.50 off $10 coupons and special promotions and awesome deals in the clearance section. Sometimes they are sold out of items that are more popular/on sale, and don't always have their sale tags posted (but they are advertised in their flyers) so you're not sure if they're going to ring up as on sale or not. The sales people are usually knowledgeable and can direct you to the right items. Their own brand of beauty products are good quality, I love their Flutter eyeshadow, a shimmery light pink.
Michelle L.
Fontana, CA
Honestly I went to ulta , there was only 2 girls working in a huge store, Plus when I needed help they really couldn't because they were helping other women.. good thing I liked was they selection of store bought brands were nice and NYX was buy one get one 50% off .. BUT THE higher end makeup was wack!!! they didn't have CLINIQUE!! so as I was checking out the lady literally left the line to help another women I was waiting in like for 6 minutes!!!
Amanda B.
Stockton, CA
I really like ULTA. The first time I went in I was a little nervous thinking it might be disgustingly unsanitary like the Sephora in my city is but it was not. And then when I went in since it was my first time there I was asking all sorts of questions that they answered for me and they were really patient with me and then the next day when I had a few items that didn't work well for me and the exchange process was so easy. Love this place for makeup.
Brittany G.
new braunfels , TX
I went in there for the first time and it took me standing there for literally 20 mins for someone to ask me if I needed help. The first lady to help me was great she helped me find mascara for a really Good price. I went to another section looking for a concealer and no one asked me
If I needed help again and then when the lady finally asked she of course tried to sell me
Every little thing she could. I was in there for two hours. I was pretty annoyed.
Jessica T.
Ocala, FL
I love this store for its makeup selection. The name brands are hard to find sometimes, and even the store brand is pretty great. The prices, when not on a good sale, can be a bit staggering, but you really just have to weigh the quality vs price. I really like the hair care as well and the makeup sets they sell can be very affordable if you need a lot of good quality makeup. I've never had my hair done here, because of its mixed reviews, and I have my own hairdresser. Bottom line, they carry great products at exceptional quality, but you end up paying a little more for the premium product you are buying.
Jill R.
St Louis Park, MN
I'm really growing to love Ulta as much as Sephora, which is saying something! I like that it is a mixture of drugstore and high-end brands. I think their stores have more hair products than Sephoras. I like that they carry brands that aren't at other stores, like It Cosmetics and Lipstick Queen and Dermalogica. If ordering online, they have fast shipping. Returns are never a problem. I like that their membership program converts points into dollars.
Alicia S.
Charleston, WV
I have a love/hate relationship with Ulta. I love going in and swatch in all the products in the store, and I love buying makeup from Ulta. However, I got my Senior Prom makeup done there and I did not like it what so ever. I feel like the person who did my makeup knew nothing about makeup at all. Maybe it was just the woman who did my makeup, I'm not sure. But I would definitely just buy makeup at Ulta rather than getting my makeup done there.
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?
Lynnsay B.